Quantcast
angelangie

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] When We Were Young人不彪悍枉少年

1 hour ago, thunderman1 said:

@angelangie how are you doing on this drama? I am trying to pick something new to watch after Our Glamorous Times--loved the drama with not really any slow episodes.

i have too many drama on my plate and i have yet to fully be on board on this....however from all the stills that i had been keeping up with....it seems to be a likable drama to begin with.....i probably will take this on after im done with some of the drama i had on my plate

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

@angelangie I feel so guilty.. I've been harping this drama,, but right now I ended not having the time to watch this properly :tears: .... ughhh holiday.. please come soon! 

dont worry im sure you will catch up soon....we can always reverse around.....the subs is slow too i think for this drama and i had been caught up in 'About is Love' i just love the OTP in there :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

This is one the best slice of life/ youth dramas I have seen out of Mainland China.  The director/producers were clearly influenced by the Reply series.  The main girl here is very similar the main girl in Reply 1988.  The cast is young but very talented (not picked just for their looks) and have individual charms.

The story line actually makes sense and the characters/ lines do not come off as too cheesy or fake.  Great editing and cinematography that makes it seem like I'm watching a movie rather than a TV show. I highly recommend giving this drama a try.

• Like 4

On 12/12/2018 at 11:27 AM, deslynn88 said:

This is one the best slice of life/ youth dramas I have seen out of Mainland China.  The director/producers were clearly influenced by the Reply series.  The main girl here is very similar the main girl in Reply 1988.  The cast is young but very talented (not picked just for their looks) and have individual charms.

The story line actually makes sense and the characters/ lines do not come off as too cheesy or fake.  Great editing and cinematography that makes it seem like I'm watching a movie rather than a TV show. I highly recommend giving this drama a try.

I'm going to pick up this drama as well base on your opinion as I loved the Reply series. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

Wow they finished airing already?! Nope still catching up on About is Love. :D I love it so far.

told u, u will like it :D 

im so hook up on it currently :) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 12/21/2018 at 8:46 PM, angelangie said:

told u, u will like it :D 

im so hook up on it currently :) 

I was hooked on Our Glamorous Times. Super cute. :D Similar to About is Love if you like cheesy, cringeworthy romance. :) With action packed scenes that you can tell is fake but will still get you on the edge of your seat

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

I was hooked on Our Glamorous Times. Super cute. :D Similar to About is Love if you like cheesy, cringeworthy romance. :) With action packed scenes that you can tell is fake but will still get you on the edge of your seat

i did start on Glamorous however not yet move past episode 6 lols im still too stuck on 'About is Love' just cant get out of it yet :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

21 hours ago, angelangie said:

i did start on Glamorous however not yet move past episode 6 lols im still too stuck on 'About is Love' just cant get out of it yet :D 

Watch up to ep 12-13 and you'll be moved. the OTP in About is Love moved too fast. lol. He fell for her already within two episodes literally.

• LOL 1

16 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

Watch up to ep 12-13 and you'll be moved. the OTP in About is Love moved too fast. lol. He fell for her already within two episodes literally.

yes im up to episode 20 now......

their love is the slow types and their success road are bumpy too :) however so far they had succeed just not yet hit the best hilt yet

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes im up to episode 20 now......

their love is the slow types and their success road are bumpy too :) however so far they had succeed just not yet hit the best hilt yet

Keep watching. when you get to episode 27. :D  One steamy night awaits. The gym scene is super cute as well 

• LOL 1

I think viki might be picking this up.  I watched it on the official Kukan YouTube with English subtitles that I am very, very grateful for but they were somewhat questionable at times so, hopefully, viki will amend some of the errors.

I would give this a solid 8/10.. Not perfect but great acting, directing, writing, sad, funny and nostalgic.  If I had criticisms it would be that occasionally the emotions were a little too forced and I wasn't fond of the female protagonist , Yang Xi.  I found her obnoxious and I thought she was by far the least interesting of the group of friends.  I enjoyed her scenes more for the people around her than the character herself. Her family are absolutely wonderful particularly her parents who might be in my  top 10 favourite drama parents ever.

• Like 1

I am currently watching this drama after EN, I finished WITH YOU by LHR and TSY and now this.  I like this so much.  This one is so good and I like all the characters.  Esp. the male lead, who is so spot-on-smart and very down- to-earth character.  His presence of mind on the spot when telling a fake reason to cover-up about his bruises on his body and also acting as a tutor to his classmate and replying to his mom as if he is a know-it-all, hahaha!!!!! Very funny.  Also the thinking of the young minds- applying oil on their legs for more hair growth and hormone secretion, :joy: very funny.  I am only on EP.12.  It's very entertaining. So I recommend  this if you want to have a good time as it is very light in story and enjoyable.  I LL give this 9/10.

• Like 1

Late to party, but currently watching this drama on Viki. I have seen Ep. 1-16.  I was trying to wait until all episodes are edited and released for other languages, but I caved and then I just couldn't stop pressing "next episode". The drama reminds me a lot of  Reply 1988 series in tone and nostalgic feel for  those high school days and lessons on growing up, first love, etc. Acting is very nice from all of the young cast.  Hou Ming Hao as male lead Hua Biao- I think this is his best performance to date. I couldn't believe he was the same guy from Cambrian Period- talk about acting improvement! Much more of a slice of life drama. There is a touch of romance but it is very low key-But still very sweet.  English subtitles are now complete for all 24 episodes, but editing is still ongoing, so if you like to wait for edited episodes or need subs in other languages, drama is currently at Ep. 16. 

https://www.viki.com/tv/36358c-when-we-were-young

• Like 1