[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

Thx @caranita for the article, i think all the interviews will be prettu much have the same topic and questions, and i am glad for Cfy and Hld answers, they believed in the director and have faith on the script, make the sucessfull drama version as their motivation not as a burden, and finally they have done their best!

Hopefully this movie will add the great success of Best of Us adaption! Drama and movie version are all success! Finger crossed!

• Like 2

Hi all, first time posting, but have been following EN and CFY threads very closely for a while. Thanks to all for sharing your wealth - my friends and I have become quite obsessed and it's good to know we're not alone!

This week I thought I'd check out upcoming movies locally (Southern California) and found that AMC has MBS listed. Not sure where it'll show, but it seems it may play in US screens...? There's not a lot of info on the site other than local opening day (June 7) and the running time of the movie. 

Thought I'd pass this along to share some potential good news, for any other readers/posters on this side of the Pacific. Hoping it'll happen! 

Link to AMC site: https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/my-best-summer-60433

OH!! And this was just shared by one of my girls... This is where it'll be playing in the US, Australia, NZ, and Canada is coming soon, I think? 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4378509423957257

007eogJ9ly1g3m1xx2p2sj30u03vox6r.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

you can watch My Best Summer! Premiere simultaneously at U.S, Australia and NZ on June 6th! 

Thank you for the great news, @epinklyn!!! I checked their websites right away after reading your info. The Event cinemas website has featured the movie in its website, but still under TBC (although said that release date is 6/6). Hoyts website hasn't showed anything yet. I'll surely check the website everyday to see updates, since I'll have to fly to Auckland perhaps this weekend (I live in Wellington. It's only less than 1 hr flight to Auckland, but in winter Wellington becomes strongly windy and often causes flights delay and cancellation.  LOL such dedication eh?)

57 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

Hi all, first time posting, but have been following EN and CFY threads very closely for a while. Thanks to all for sharing your wealth - my friends and I have become quite obsessed and it's good to know we're not alone!

Welcome! Always happy to have new friends to discuss and spazz about Arthur's projects and news. I suspect there are a lot more lurkers than we are aware of. 

Yes, it's scheduled to play in the US too, glad to see there are more options there :))). Let us know when it's started showing there.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, caranita said:

Welcome! Always happy to have new friends to discuss and spazz about Arthur's projects and news. I suspect there are a lot more lurkers than we are aware of. 

Yes, it's scheduled to play in the US too, glad to see there are more options there :))). Let us know when it's started showing there.

Thank you! For sure, we come out of the woodwork eventually :D

I have a reminder set for when tickets can be purchased, so just playing the waiting game for now. 

I don't blame you for booking a flight to watch! Who the heck has the patience to wait for it to show up on youtube?! Secret Fruit took a year, I think? Too long... Haha

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

On 6/2/2019 at 5:59 AM, Lbpg said:

This week I thought I'd check out upcoming movies locally (Southern California) and found that AMC has MBS listed. Not sure where it'll show, but it seems it may play in US screens...? There's not a lot of info on the site other than local opening day (June 7) and the running time of the movie. 

Thought I'd pass this along to share some potential good news, for any other readers/posters on this side of the Pacific. Hoping it'll happen! 

Hi! Welcome welcome!

Hopefully you and @caranita can watch it on screens! I am also crossing finger to have it in my country, but not as potential as yours...

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 7:01 AM, caranita said:

Thank you for the great news, @epinklyn!!! I checked their websites right away after reading your info. The Event cinemas website has featured the movie in its website, but still under TBC (although said that release date is 6/6). Hoyts website hasn't showed anything yet. I'll surely check the website everyday to see updates, since I'll have to fly to Auckland perhaps this weekend (I live in Wellington. It's only less than 1 hr flight to Auckland, but in winter Wellington becomes strongly windy and often causes flights delay and cancellation.  LOL such dedication eh?)

Go go go my friend! I will do the same if i were you, but hopefully you can have it not far from your home, so you can watch it couple times *what???? :joy:

On 6/2/2019 at 7:08 AM, Lbpg said:

I don't blame you for booking a flight to watch! Who the heck has the patience to wait for it to show up on youtube?! Secret Fruit took a year, I think? Too long... Haha

Huaaaaa plz dont make me watch on youtube after a year... 

• LOL 2

35 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Go go go my friend! I will do the same if i were you, but hopefully you can have it not far from your home, so you can watch it couple times *what???? :joy:

Huaaaaa plz dont make me watch on youtube after a year... 

I know!! It's much too long... But who knows, maybe it can be there faster? Or other mediums? No idea... SF already had Ouyang Nana and even though she was already pretty famous it still took that long. 

By the way, I didn't see it here, but there's a third The Evening Guests song used in trailers for MBS. From the trailer posted to weibo on May 9 (https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4370136217560270

Sad I haven't found the cfy cover of the theme song, only found a duet by other artists. Hope it'll show up on Spotify eventually. The SF songs cfy sings are not available on Spotify in the US, unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2019 at 5:59 PM, Lbpg said:

Link to AMC site: https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/my-best-summer-60433

OH!! And this was just shared by one of my girls... This is where it'll be playing in the US, Australia, NZ, and Canada is coming soon, I think? 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4378509423957257

007eogJ9ly1g3m1xx2p2sj30u03vox6r.jpg

Welcome to the forum. I am glad to have more friends who like CFY to talk to.^^

You are so lucky to be able to see the film on screen. I will have to wait until some online site has it.

So far the response from the road show seem to be very positive. Hopefully it gains him many new fans.

• Love 2

10 minutes ago, mei2018 said:

Welcome to the forum. I am glad to have more friends who like CFY to talk to.^^

You are so lucky to be able to see the film on screen. I will have to wait until some online site has it.

So far the response from the road show seem to be very positive. Hopefully it gains him many new fans.

Thank you! I am beyond excited to join the community here and am also happy to see him gain more fans. He's so underrated. 

I really do hope it's available soon online! :sweatingbullets: all fans deserve to enjoy him in everything he does.

• LOL 1

44 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

Thanks for the heads up! Episode is available online already: https://glb.m.mgtv.com/b/328291/5729899.html

Would be awesome to have subs, I settle for his reactions :wub:

Wow it aired online first before tv? Thank you so much!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Lbpg said:

By the way, I didn't see it here, but there's a third The Evening Guests song used in trailers for MBS. From the trailer posted to weibo on May 9

Thx i forgot to add this! 

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Wow it aired online first before tv? Thank you so much!!!!!!

Thx i forgot to add this! 

Apparently! Friend saw it was Mango TV, searched for a link so she could see it live (I've seen them have links set up before with countdowns to live airings) and found it was up already! 

And you're welcome :D thanks to you guys for finding the artist first! 

• Love 1