Quantcast
angelangie

[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

4 hours ago, caranita said:

BFA excels in film producing.

Ah, This is an interesting tidbits. :D

Personally, I am surprised with CFY's choice to study in China.  

But, I think him and his family must have already thought what is best for him right now.. 

Hope he'll improve and gets better with his study in BFA... 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, epinklyn said:

maybe CFY chose BFA because he want more than acting, but also directing, producing and etc

3 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Personally, I am surprised with CFY's choice to study in China.  

But, I think him and his family must have already thought what is best for him right now.. 

Hope he'll improve and gets better with his study in BFA... 

Me too :). Deep down inside, I had hoped that he took the admission test for directing dept, but alas he went for the performing art (hence the poem reciting test). But we know that CFY is a mature young man, who seemingly rarely acts on impulse. Knowing how he always strives to learn, I agree that he probably wants to be in the place where he can get training from the best sources for all aspects of film making, not just acting. 

I can't remember... did I discuss it here or elsewhere? China and England are probably the only countries which actors are mostly expected to get formal education in acting. Of course, there are  China's top stars who didn't get such formal training, like Zhao Liying or Ma Sichun. But the majority start their career from the drama schools, and I guess that's how they develop their networks in the industry as well.

6 hours ago, epinklyn said:

I just googled Wen Qi, turns out she is a Taiwanese actor, Vicky Chen, and just like Sophia Zhang, they both are young and talented rising star. 

Yes. And they were picked by CCTV as two of the post-95 "4 dans". Here's the "4 Dans" wikipage if you want to know more about it.

• Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, caranita said:

Me too :). Deep down inside, I had hoped that he took the admission test for directing dept, but alas he went for the performing art (hence the poem reciting test). But we know that CFY is a mature young man, who seemingly rarely acts on impulse. Knowing how he always strives to learn, I agree that he probably wants to be in the place where he can get training from the best sources for all aspects of film making, not just acting. 

I can't remember... did I discuss it here or elsewhere? China and England are probably the only countries which actors are mostly expected to get formal education in acting. Of course, there are  China's top stars who didn't get such formal training, like Zhao Liying or Ma Sichun. But the majority start their career from the drama schools, and I guess that's how they develop their networks in the industry as well.

So he took performing art department? What is that? I believe he can do poem reciting, he has a clear pronounciation and make a rhyme every time he read, but dont know how high the standard level of BFA. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

So he took performing art department? What is that? I believe he can do poem reciting, he has a clear pronounciation and make a rhyme every time he read, but dont know how high the standard level of BFA. 

Performing art dept = acting dept. 

He does have clear pronunciation when talking in English, but TBH I can't tell for Mandarin talking. Our Mandarin speaker @angelangie should know better, hehehe... Actually one of the criticism towards him in EN is his line delivery. I'm guessing it's his recorded line. You see, in EN they did on-site recording for indoor scenes, but for outdoor shooting the actors had to record/dub their voices in the studio. CFY probably needs to better emote with his voice when he's not shooting a scene. Fortunately he was raised in Beijing, so he shouldn't have regional accent. Speaking of accent, I'm now curious about the non-Mainland actors in EN, like Adam Cheng, Leon Lai, Dylan Kuo and Shih Chieh-chin. How does their Mandarin speaking sound?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, caranita said:

Performing art dept = acting dept. 

He does have clear pronunciation when talking in English, but TBH I can't tell for Mandarin talking. Our Mandarin speaker @angelangie should know better, hehehe... Actually one of the criticism towards him in EN is his line delivery. I'm guessing it's his recorded line. You see, in EN they did on-site recording for indoor scenes, but for outdoor shooting the actors had to record/dub their voices in the studio. CFY probably needs to better emote with his voice when he's not shooting a scene. Fortunately he was raised in Beijing, so he shouldn't have regional accent. Speaking of accent, I'm now curious about the non-Mainland actors in EN, like Adam Cheng, Leon Lai, Dylan Kuo and Shih Chieh-chin. How does their Mandarin speaking sound?

Ah performing art dept is acting dept, i remember in his 18th bday video, he took acting course with some elder, he has to scream and expresss angry.

Hmm dont know whether his line is perfect or not in mandarin, but i like his rhyme when he talks, whether he was telling story or talking as NQ in EN. Talking in english yeahh he is so accurate, even we only have one video of him talking in english LOL.

They all recorded their own voice in EN, so what you hear in EN are their own voice, whether Adam Cheng, Leon Lai, Dylan Kuo or Andy On, I recognize their voice.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, epinklyn said:

They all recorded their own voice in EN, so what you hear in EN are their own voice, whether Adam Cheng, Leon Lai, Dylan Kuo or Andy On, I recognize their voice.

Yes, they all dubbed their own voice for EN, so that's why I'm curious how they sound to the ears of Mandarin speakers hehe... I sometimes recognize a bit of accent of Cantonese speakers, but I can't tell the Taiwanese accent. Andy On is American Chinese, I think his Mando isn't accented either? I once read Takeshi Kaneshiro has zero accent when speaking Mandarin, although he's from Taiwan and most of his movies are Taiwanese or HK. He's one of those multilangual actors :wub: -- he speaks Mandarin, Japanese, Cantonese fluently, and of course English! 

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mei2018 said:

I cannot play it. Do you have other link?

Please try again, i just edit the link, thx!

http://n.miaopai.com/media/se3vuwMMjXg5Zf3pYVSgPze0-ajtfGtB

In here another news.

http://n.miaopai.com/media/xeKfFXstCWcYmA3GwpNi4ZzaVelZXBjd

Screenshot-20190222-061946-Weibo-Intl.jp

Edited by epinklyn
Edit link video
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, caranita said:

Yes, they all dubbed their own voice for EN, so that's why I'm curious how they sound to the ears of Mandarin speakers hehe... I sometimes recognize a bit of accent of Cantonese speakers, but I can't tell the Taiwanese accent. Andy On is American Chinese, I think his Mando isn't accented either? I once read Takeshi Kaneshiro has zero accent when speaking Mandarin, although he's from Taiwan and most of his movies are Taiwanese or HK. He's one of those multilangual actors :wub: -- he speaks Mandarin, Japanese, Cantonese fluently, and of course English! 

ah you meant their mandarin sound to the chinese speaker, sorry my bad hahahaha. Actually i only can differentiate between mainland china and taiwan, i dont like mainland accent, taiwan is more soft and there is no sound like "srrrr" in the end of their sound LOL. But i feel weird when taiwanese or mainland speak cantonese, yeah not their mother tounge.

Takeshi Kaneshiro yeahh one of my idol back then, he is such a talented one! Maybe after hanging out with ChengXiao WJYSN in LoA shooting set, CFY can speak Korean lil bit LOL!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

12 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Thanks!

"Although Arthur tried not to bring attention to himself while on line, reporters spotted him waiting in a big black coat and a white mask. "

Who wouldnt recognize him with 190 cm tall and nice eyebrows? :D

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Thanks!

"Although Arthur tried not to bring attention to himself while on line, reporters spotted him waiting in a big black coat and a white mask. "

Who wouldnt recognize him with 190 cm tall and nice eyebrows? :D

Yeahh he is just like having spotlight pointing on his head or even a sign board said "this is Arthur Chen" on his head :joy:

• LOL 4

7 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Yeahh he is just like having spotlight pointing on his head or even a sign board said "this is Arthur Chen" on his head :joy:

Yeah, it's like in one of those cartoon movies when a big animal tries to hide behind a tiny tree  lololol

• LOL 4

14 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

5 minutes ago, caranita said:

Yeah, it's like in one of those cartoon movies when a big animal tries to hide behind a tiny tree  lololol

:joy: :joy: :joy:

U guys .. :joy: ..Well, it IS kinda obvious :D

Well..perhaps he can use a black mask, instead 

of a white one next time...like the guy in front of him, although I dont know whether that'll help or not. Then use a glasses, like clark kent *LOL* ..with black frame 

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

:joy: :joy: :joy:

U guys .. :joy: ..Well, it IS kinda obvious :D

Well..perhaps he can use a black mask, instead 

of a white one next time...like the guy in front of him, although I dont know whether that'll help or not. Then use a glasses, like clark kent *LOL* ..with black frame 

Naaahh only in superman realm that nobody can recognize that Clark Kent is Superman :phew:

CFY appearance is bold, so with or without makeup, he is just the same (hand *sneezing! some), plus his tall figure that sooooo stand out, easily everybody will jump recognize him in secs, poor him...:sweatingbullets:

• LOL 3

58 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Naaahh only in superman realm that nobody can recognize that Clark Kent is Superman :phew:

CFY appearance is bold, so with or without makeup, he is just the same (hand *sneezing! some), plus his tall figure that sooooo stand out, easily everybody will jump recognize him in secs, poor him...:sweatingbullets:

Well..I was thinking of how to hide his eyebrows. I once wore a glasses with black frame, and my friends said that I looked different ..so perhaps that'll work.  But the problem with CFY is more to his height, like u said :P . That makes him standing out, so people will pay attention to him more and finally recognize him. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Seriously, based on what you ladies wrote here, he should've covered his whole face, worn glasses (maybe sunnies), wear a cap, and come in wheelchairs so people won't recognize him, although such look may still attract people :lol:.

Btw, I come across a clip from the wrapping party of EN. This clip was focusing on CFY's face when Director Yang Yang was saying her closing/farewell message. We can see he was on the verge of tears :(. I never realized this before. I thought it was only Yiren who got caught up in emotions, but CFY had his share of feeling blue too :).

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, caranita said:

Seriously, based on what you ladies wrote here, he should've covered his whole face, wear glasses (maybe sunnies), wear a cap, and come in wheelchairs so people won't recognize him, although such look may still attract people :lol:.

Btw, I come across a clip from the wrapping party of EN. This clip was focusing on CFY's face when Director Yang Yang was saying her closing/farewell message. We can see he was on the verge of tears :(. I never realized this before. I thought it was only Yiren who got caught up in emotions, but CFY had his share of feeling blue too :).

CFY surely has a deep emotion on that day, his first ever drama and he has finished it after so many ups and down with all the crews and casts, whether what result gonna be, they surely grateful be able to finish Ever Night. We know CFY and SYR are both sensitive, surely this thing really touch their heart, even I almost cry watching those clips (include SYR wrapped day diary). But he is a gentleman after all, cant cry easily right LOL, he tried so hard to surpress his tears to fall, although his eyes is red already.

PS: i think his foundie is too thick in here LOL, his face is too white! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1