Quantcast
angelangie

[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

5 hours ago, epinklyn said:

And one more, does anyone happen to know about the appearance of cfy's role? Is he skinny or not? I want to see those perfect NQ body :P

I know they'll get wigs anyway, but the buzzed hair is making me nervous. He had that the nice long-ish hair before for EN1 and it helped make it seem real. 

BTW I've officially dropped EN2. I reached my end point when they had three addicts behave like they had a sismance. Nope. I'll catch the ending in March to see how they finish it, but that's about it. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, lynne22 said:

And mayhaps Chen Kaige will lend a hand on the production... so we can still hope the finished product might be good.  

Yes please!!! 

Btw @epinklyn the director helmed the Legend of Dugu and And the Winner is Love. Haven't seen both, not even clips, but I've read some  applause of Ady An's acting. So I assume there's nothing to write home about the direction. I can only hope now they'll get a decent script -- if they can nab the Joy of Life scriptwriter, that will be fantastic!!! People also praised him for another series, the Young Blood. (I'm planning to see it now that it's got subbed). But I think he's busy atm completing JoL S2, and who knows how many offers come his way. 

9 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Oh.. this is such a strange rumor.. ^_^ haiyahh... tbh WYB always get hate.. and do you guys remember when the rumor of EN2's ML was rumored to be changed there's a few xyh account that always spread false rumor about CFY too.. ugh.. I pity these kids.. seriously.. their career be ruined by this kind of thing.... 

8 hours ago, epinklyn said:

I think since arthur once liked weibo post about WYB's photoshopped image. The netizens start to make both of them become enemy. There is a rumour about WYB has adored OYNN, that is why CFY dislike WYB. 

Yeah, I'm familiar about yxh accounts, should've figured out they started out the rumor, taking advantage of Arthur's slipping thumb. Wait, I'm not even aware of that WYB liking Nana gossip.. whatt?? LOL, seriously! Some people need to get a life! Sadly, some agents see rumors as a kind of marketing, just like the "bad news is good news" mentality. Show biz can really be toxic :(((

I've seen on twitters people have started complaining about the shipping thing which can be damaging to both Arthur and Luo Yunxi. Not liking it either, but it is what it is. Let's just hope for the best and support our boy!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lbpg said:

BTW I've officially dropped EN2. I reached my end point when they had three addicts behave like they had a sismance. Nope. I'll catch the ending in March to see how they finish it, but that's about it. 

Quite a departure from the source? Do you think they will finish the novel in this season?

I just checked EN2 Douban, and found that it's not rated yet! I guess the production company is aware of the issues and criticism, that they've been withholding the rating until Godknowswhen? EN1 got really good words-of-mouth and its earlier high Douban score was a promotional material as well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, caranita said:

Quite a departure from the source? Do you think they will finish the novel in this season?

I just checked EN2 Douban, and found that it's not rated yet! I guess the production company is aware of the issues and criticism, that they've been withholding the rating until Godknowswhen? EN1 got really good words-of-mouth and its earlier high Douban score was a promotional material as well. 

LOL yup, it's that bad. Departure from source material is a huge part of my problem, but the (comparatively very low) quality of the production is also big. The new actor casting / acting is pretty terrible across the board, even some of the returning ones, but especially most of the new ones, so for me it was Tencent going nuts on either budget cuts or intervening with Yang Yang or a combo of both. I don't get it.. It feels like she and the writer phoned it in. 

I keep hearing it's supposed to go for three. I've not seen that other than in random comments, so who knows. It has 43 episodes and at the speed they're going, if they don't finish it, the source material for 3 will be very repetitive.

There's a lot of searching  for a missing SangSang in the last quarter of the novel, and the big name cultivators chasing each other all over the map, and that's not very interesting if they expect to pick up new viewers in s3. I was reading the daily translations by then, and I finished it because I'd already made a huge time investment, but frankly it wasn't as interesting as the rest of the story. 

Funny enough, this just popped up on my feed :phew::tongue: 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, caranita said:

Btw @epinklyn the director helmed the Legend of Dugu and And the Winner is Love. Haven't seen both, not even clips, but I've read some  applause of Ady An's acting. So I assume there's nothing to write home about the direction. I can only hope now they'll get a decent script -- if they can nab the Joy of Life scriptwriter, that will be fantastic!!! People also praised him for another series, the Young Blood. (I'm planning to see it now that it's got subbed). But I think he's busy atm completing JoL S2, and who knows how many offers come his way. 

Ady An is one of talented actress from Taiwan. I dont really like imperial story though, so i never really watch them. Yeah someone in JoL thread really recommend Young Blood as the script writer"s original story. Once watch the trailer, i will put it in my series bucket list. And i think EN2 is out from the bucket LOL, but my son n husband surely watch it though, but without me LOL. 

• LOL 3

12 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

My google doesnt translate this page... Plz help...

A sampling. These machine translations are so bad :wacko:

As a point of comparison, EN1 is sitting at 7.4 (idk what it was before) and to @caranita's point, EN2 is still unrated. one of the comments on this thread below states that only high-traffic dramas get ratings? is that true?

Annotation-2020-01-21-225754.png

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

As a point of comparison, EN1 is sitting at 7.4 (idk what it was before) and to @caranita's point, EN2 is still unrated. one of the comments on this thread below states that only high-traffic dramas get ratings? is that true?

It looks like the number of traffics AND/OR deliberate decision by the production company.

https://curiouscat.me/dramapotatoe/post/1047161534

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, caranita said:

It looks like the number of traffics AND/OR deliberate decision by the production company.

https://curiouscat.me/dramapotatoe/post/1047161534

Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see what Marcus Sim or Avenuex have to say about EN2.

And back to the convo re: Arthur's new project, I just read some comments on Avenuex's community posts on YouTube that state his character would be quite difficult to play (i suppose if the adaptation is faithful at least in that regard). I don't really have an opinion on the genre, but him being selected for that would seem like a serious vote of confidence that he can pull it off. I hope that's the case

• Like 3

Another article about Hao Yi Xing...

https://38jiejie.com/2020/01/21/leo-luo-and-arthur-chen-to-portray-the-dynamics-between-master-and-disciple-in-new-series-hao-yi-xing/

Based on the article, i think Mo Ran character is quite complicated, so in previous life, Mo Ran is Mo Wei Yu, he also the disciple of Chu WaNing (Leo's role), and somehow WeiYu for save his master, he did suicide, and he hate his master, and then he reborn as Mo Ran, which he hatred is still there, but eventually he realized that his master is always help him now n his previous life.

So yeah i think Mo Ran is a very good character for Arthur. Hopefully he has time to observe the character like he did for Ning Que, dont know if arthur read the novel LOL. But if you dont, you wont be able to understand the character right. 

7 hours ago, Lbpg said:

And back to the convo re: Arthur's new project, I just read some comments on Avenuex's community posts on YouTube that state his character would be quite difficult to play (i suppose if the adaptation is faithful at least in that regard). I don't really have an opinion on the genre, but him being selected for that would seem like a serious vote of confidence that he can pull it off. I hope that's the case

Somehow i still in doubt that maybe tencent selected him because his face is resemble with Mo Ran's face on the animated version, what a joke right. Since the picture is widely spread o the net. But i really hope i was wrong and arthur being selected because of his previous awesome job in EN, my best summer and my motherland, to be trusted to play Mo Ran which like @Lbpg said it is a difficult character.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Another article about Hao Yi Xing...

https://38jiejie.com/2020/01/21/leo-luo-and-arthur-chen-to-portray-the-dynamics-between-master-and-disciple-in-new-series-hao-yi-xing/

Based on the article, i think Mo Ran character is quite complicated, so in previous life, Mo Ran is Mo Wei Yu, he also the disciple of Chu WaNing (Leo's role), and somehow WeiYu for save his master, he did suicide, and he hate his master, and then he reborn as Mo Ran, which he hatred is still there, but eventually he realized that his master is always help him now n his previous life.

So yeah i think Mo Ran is a very good character for Arthur. Hopefully he has time to observe the character like he did for Ning Que, dont know if arthur read the novel LOL. But if you dont, you wont be able to understand the character right. 

Somehow i still in doubt that maybe tencent selected him because his face is resemble with Mo Ran's face on the animated version, what a joke right. Since the picture is widely spread o the net. But i really hope i was wrong and arthur being selected because of his previous awesome job in EN, my best summer and my motherland, to be trusted to play Mo Ran which like @Lbpg said it is a difficult character.

Hehe you're probably right, he may have just gotten selected based on visuals, too 

• LOL 5

9 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Hehe you're probably right, he may have just gotten selected based on visuals, too 

i think he proof he is able to project a difficult character and make it his skin :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

News about 4 rising stars i guess?

Saw this the other day too! It's a news from CCTV-6, the national broadcaster, about 4 rising actors in 2019. Glad to see Arthur featured there! (And with Jackson Yi, another one of my fave young actors).

18 hours ago, Lbpg said:

I don't really have an opinion on the genre, but him being selected for that would seem like a serious vote of confidence that he can pull it off. I hope that's the case

Though I agree with this, somehow I also feel like this project is another "compensation" to the Chens for the Ever Night 1 fiasco. I would like to know the other investors of the project, aside from Tencent. 

BTW, here's another picture of Arthur and Alex (taken from Alex's IG), with minimum/natural filter. Any other think here Arthur look more mature than his brother?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, caranita said:

Though I agree with this, somehow I also feel like this project is another "compensation" to the Chens for the Ever Night 1 fiasco. I would like to know the other investors of the project, aside from Tencent. 

I've heard other people say that about LoA, that it was to make up for not having him in EN2. Is there truth to that? I would've imagined they would've given him something with more visibility, if that's the case. LoA seems to be not very buzzy (but this one sure is)

3 hours ago, caranita said:

BTW, here's another picture of Arthur and Alex (taken from Alex's IG), with minimum/natural filter. Any other think here Arthur look more mature than his brother?

It seems his brother lost weight, too, he looks more handsome. But yes, Arthur definitely looks more polished/mature. I like that look on him, even thought it's got the buzz cut :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, angelangie said:

i think he proof he is able to project a difficult character and make it his skin :) 

100%!! so then maybe the resemblance to the character images is coincidental :) i always thought he looked a lot like the NQ image on the cover of the web novel, way more than some other guys *cough*

nightfall-193x278.jpg

4 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Li Xian is another :astonished:

1 hour ago, Lbpg said:

100%!! so then maybe the resemblance to the character images is coincidental :) i always thought he looked a lot like the NQ image on the cover of the web novel, way more than some other guys *cough*

well remember the moment when MaoNi praised Arthur on them casting him as NQ?

• Like 1
  • Love 3

58 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

I've heard other people say that about LoA, that it was to make up for not having him in EN2. Is there truth to that? I would've imagined they would've given him something with more visibility, if that's the case. LoA seems to be not very buzzy (but this one sure is)

I have heard of the same thing about LoA, though we'll probably never find out the truth. What I meant by "compensation" is there's also Tencent's efforts to keep good relations with the Chens. Don't get me wrong. I believe even without the Chen family background, Arthur might score the coveted role based on his own works, and post-EN1 popularity. Also, most book fans seem to love his visual (at least those I read on twitter, hahahahh... I can't be sure of the Chinese readers). But with CKG on board, even when not directly involved, there will be doors to better production crew (cinematographer, musicians, costume designer, etc.). Tencent certainly can afford the best crew, but at this point we don't even know how big Tencent's share in this production yet. 

I would also like to know about Legend of Awakening. 

1 hour ago, Lbpg said:

i always thought he looked a lot like the NQ image on the cover of the web novel, way more than some other guys *cough*

You know, the other NQ's fans swear that their guy 100% matches the NQ on that very same cover LOL. 

• Like 3