Quantcast
angelangie

[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

12 hours ago, Lbpg said:

I think you just sold me on giving Joy of Life another try. I watched the first episode, it wasn't what I expected (in my mind, Mao Ni = Ever Night-like plot and tone for everything no matter what lol) When I saw it was like a comedy it was weird to me. 

11 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Hahahaha yeah, the story was begin in comedy, many people find it strange too, different with the novel. But more and more eps you will find it getting darker, a lot of cuel politic and conspiracy. But still the drama version will be lighter than the novel.

Note: The adaptation is not faithfully like EN. 

But hopefully you will like it like we do (me and @caranita). The plot is faster than EN, i never skip watching all the supporting cast in Joy of Life, they are all very good. In EN i always skip most on Long Qing, Imperial story, and Xi Ling. 

YEA!!! @Lbpg Joy of Life is highly recommended! You might have been taken aback by the comedy on episode 1, but trust me the comedy is there not for the sake of comedy. It's not slapstick a la Lingjian Mountain, but clever humor injection to an otherwise pretty dark story and serious plot. Most viewers enjoy the witty banters between characters, all characters are multidimensional, all the way to the side characters. Like @epinklyn said, this is not a faithful adaptation, but the brilliant screenwriter got the essence of it and retold the story in an intelligent and entertaining way. While it doesn't have EN's gorgeous cinematography and soundtrack and editing could've been a bit better, there's no dull moment, and the acting is top notch. Along the way you may  also notice its resemblance to EN (not just Ning Que and Fan Xian's characterization). 

11 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Speaking of... over on the EN2 thread i had to drop these because NQ wearing the secret bodyguard robes so randomly bothered me (unless he did it as a subversive act, but so far he's not behaved like he would do that...) so, ladies, enjoy a nice flashback :) 

Ahhh... thank you! Agree with you, Arthur's well proportioned body makes clothes hang nicely on him. And that lovely ponytail!!! :wub::wub:

BTW, the net is getting ruckus about that BL novel drama adaptation rumored to cast Arthur. I don't know what to think about it. I don't mean to make it sound like Arthur is above this genre, but I don't really see the benefit for him. The way I see it, this project is more idol like. (I could be wrong though). He's still far from being an established actor, he's not even a traffic actor (yet). But at least Ever Night and My Best Summer made him more known to the general public, and frankly he has enough resources to participate in interesting projects. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, caranita said:

BTW, the net is getting ruckus about that BL novel drama adaptation rumored to cast Arthur. I don't know what to think about it. I don't mean to make it sound like Arthur is above this genre, but I don't really see the benefit for him. The way I see it, this project is more idol like. (I could be wrong though). He's still far from being an established actor, he's not even a traffic actor (yet). But at least Ever Night and My Best Summer made him more known to the general public, and frankly he has enough resources to participate in interesting projects. 

I am not a fan of this genre either. However, if he chose to participated in it, the script might be very good. ( I think about farewell my concubine.) Therefore, as an actor, he wish to try it. Also, since the script will definitely not explicit BL, it may be Ok.

I am supporting him whatever his decision might be.

• Love 2

9 hours ago, caranita said:

Ahhh... thank you! Agree with you, Arthur's well proportioned body makes clothes hang nicely on him. And that lovely ponytail!!! :wub::wub:

Ah i just realized that i read wrong, i thought @Lbpg talk about arthur's ning que, which he turn a bit the way he wear the secret bodyguard robe. I find it weird but still very cool! Turns out you talk about DW's NQ, i havent watched it, so i dont have clue LOL my bad!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

27 minutes ago, mei2018 said:

I am not a fan of this genre either. However, if he chose to participated in it, the script might be very good. ( I think about farewell my concubine.) Therefore, as an actor, he wish to try it. Also, since the script will definitely not explicit BL, it may be Ok.

I am supporting him whatever his decision might be.

Although i love the untamed series, the story is very good, but i dont like the way people n fans make xiaozhan n wang yibo as a couple, so many photoshopped images and painting of them into adult scenes, i dont want that happen to arthur. The script yes dont have any BL explicitly, but we cant stop people's wild mind and over thinking, so i prefer arthur dont accept it, unless... The script is changed, like there will be female lead accompany them as love triangle or anything like normal one. I am still keeping my finger crossed for this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Ah i just realized that i read wrong, i thought @Lbpg talk about arthur's ning que, which he turn a bit the way he wear the secret bodyguard robe. I find it weird but still very cool! Turns out you talk about DW's NQ, i havent watched it, so i dont have clue LOL my bad!

So far, you're not missing anything haha 

• LOL 1

6 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Although i love the untamed series, the story is very good, but i dont like the way people n fans make xiaozhan n wang yibo as a couple, so many photoshopped images and painting of them into adult scenes, i dont want that happen to arthur. The script yes dont have any BL explicitly, but we cant stop people's wild mind and over thinking, so i prefer arthur dont accept it, unless... The script is changed, like there will be female lead accompany them as love triangle or anything like normal one. I am still keeping my finger crossed for this.

Hopefully that would not happen to Arthur.Just keep finger cross. I think it depend on the management too if they did not try selling too much real life cp, it should be bearable.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, epinklyn said:

The script is changed, like there will be female lead accompany them as love triangle or anything like normal one. I am still keeping my finger crossed for this.

If the project is confirmed with the changes, they'd better hire the producer and scriptwriter of Bloody Romance -- those people managed to turn an erotic web novel (if you read it, it's very graphic and explicit!!!) into an angsty fantasy wuxia romance, where the leads never even kiss but the feelings are all there! I'd prefer an adventure ala Ever Night, though :) .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Poor him LOL, he is really paying attention for his shape, more and more healthy food instead of junk food, but that is good Arthur! Just dont get too skinny plz

Preach it!!! I miss his EN1/My Best Summer shape :( 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, caranita said:

Preach it!!! I miss his EN1/My Best Summer shape :( 

im trying to gear up to watch EN2 however without CFY as NQ im lacking the motivation to hit the 'play' button :x

• LOL 3

7 hours ago, angelangie said:

im trying to gear up to watch EN2 however without CFY as NQ im lacking the motivation to hit the 'play' button :x

I have hit the play button, watch few minutes, and then fast forward and then stop, continue next ep, still havent piqued my interest to watch them entirely, but i will watch it later after i finished my crave on Zhang RuoYun's dramas LOL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

8 hours ago, angelangie said:

I think if you read the novel, just skip it lol. I'm watching because I want to know what they left out and how it ends. Super curious to see the treatment the religious and time travel stuff got. 

I'm not quite rage-watching it yet, but I feel like I'll get there. I hear it gets better, but every time DW is on screen I can't help seeing his meteor garden character. He is not embodying NQ so far, but who knows, that may change. 

10 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Chen Brothers :heart:

Who gave him permission to look so good!! Wow :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • Love 1