[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

2 hours ago, lynne22 said:

a controversial tought...lols... 

Hide contents

and its a bit of a surprise for me that CFY accept another Tencent drama.. after what happen with EN :(

I'm thinking that there are probably not that many options, and if he turns them down he's the one paying for it. 

I'm also thinking they're probably regretting changing leads? Lol. I hope so. 

I just read the synopsis and you ladies aren't kidding, that novel sounds, uhhh, like it would need a lot of retooling to make it pass the censorship test! 

• Like 3

@epinklyn About the CGI, the concept art looks pretty good tho.. so maybe there'll be an improvement on the CGI.

And mayhaps Chen Kaige will lend a hand on the production... so we can still hope the finished product might be good.  

2 hours ago, caranita said:

Even more so is that strange rumor about him sabotaging Wang Yibo because he's envious that WYB was cast in a BL drama -- Hellooo???? There are TWO stars of Untamed, and Xiao Zhan is the relatively more famous one now! It's ridiculous but seems like a lot of netizens buy it, adding to my displeasure of this project. 

Oh.. this is such a strange rumor.. ^_^ haiyahh... tbh WYB always get hate.. and do you guys remember when the rumor of EN2's ML was rumored to be changed there's a few xyh account that always spread false rumor about CFY too.. ugh.. I pity these kids.. seriously.. their career be ruined by this kind of thing.... 

1 hour ago, Lbpg said:

I'm also thinking they're probably regretting changing leads? Lol. I hope so. 

I try to be neutral now about EN2 lols eventho it still made me sad :tears:.. lols.. but yeah... EN2's reception seems to be 50:50 huh? lols... altho personally I think its because of the watered down story... 

Anyway.. lols glad I muted "EN2" in twitter timeline so I never see any news or comment about it :P 

• Love 3

39 minutes ago, caranita said:

Even more so is that strange rumor about him sabotaging Wang Yibo because he's envious that WYB was cast in a BL drama -- Hellooo???? There are TWO stars of Untamed, and Xiao Zhan is the relatively more famous one now! It's ridiculous but seems like a lot of netizens buy it, adding to my displeasure of this project. 

I haven't found any information about the director, but will surely share it with you if I get it. I think I'll ask those potato ladies LOL.

I will keep positive thinking. i think that the script may be very good as his parent agreed to it. (Thinking about Farewell my concubine). So I will keep my finger cross.

I heard that there will be many series adapted from BL fictions anyway.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, caranita said:

I think since arthur once liked weibo post about WYB's photoshopped image. The netizens start to make both of them become enemy. There is a rumour about WYB has adored OYNN, that is why CFY dislike WYB. 

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

Oh.. this is such a strange rumor.. ^_^ haiyahh... tbh WYB always get hate.. and do you guys remember when the rumor of EN2's ML was rumored to be changed there's a few xyh account that always spread false rumor about CFY too.. ugh.. I pity these kids.. seriously.. their career be ruined by this kind of thing.... 

Well both WYB n XZ is really famous now, but yes like @caranita said, XZ is crazier in famous LOL. WYB is an honest kid with knife tounge, so he is not as loveable as XZ which always being nice n humble. I agree that both of cfy n wyb is both victim of false rumour by netizens.

Btw who is XYH ?

3 hours ago, caranita said:

I haven't found any information about the director, but will surely share it with you if I get it. I think I'll ask those potato ladies LOL

Hahahaha thx a lot, ah also plz find info about the script writer, it is also very important.

1 hour ago, mei2018 said:

I will keep positive thinking. i think that the script may be very good as his parent agreed to it. (Thinking about Farewell my concubine). So I will keep my finger cross.

I heard that there will be many series adapted from BL fictions anyway.

Hopefully there is clarification about there is no "BL" in this project. But i think many Arthur fans that support this project. 

• Like 2

@epinklyn xyh/yxh (I can’t remember which is the correct acronym) is what we would call rumor/gossip accounts on weibo.. they’re like accounts paid by a company or etc to promote/blowing up certain issues... 

oh and yeah.. I just saw someone commenting on wyb/cfy issues on twitter and i’m like omg... this is so silly and sigh ... like @caranita says its pretty annoying...  time to block some people in twitter I guess ^_^

Oh yes @mei2018 I’m sure it won’t be a straight BL.. my concern is more on the story lols but oh well... its no use to think too much at this point... lets just hope it went well for Feiyu... 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mei2018 said:

@epinklyn There cannot be BL in the project because it is banned by the Chinese government. So the most that they can do is the brotherhood/master/student relatinship.

Ah ic... Thx to the government then, but yeah i really concern and worried about the wild thinking and creativity from netizen though. 

57 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

@epinklyn xyh/yxh (I can’t remember which is the correct acronym) is what we would call rumor/gossip accounts on weibo.. they’re like accounts paid by a company or etc to promote/blowing up certain issues... 

oh and yeah.. I just saw someone commenting on wyb/cfy issues on twitter and i’m like omg... this is so silly and sigh ... like @caranita says its pretty annoying...  time to block so people in twitter I guess ^_^

Oh yes @mei2018 I’m sure it won’t be a straight BL.. my concern is more on the story lols but oh well... its no use to think too much at this point... lets just hope it went well for Feiyu... 

Ah ic, yeah let's make our timeline is clean, not filled with junk. I am also have my concern on the story and plot, that is why we need a very good script writer, oh plz plz... 

And one more, does anyone happen to know about the appearance of cfy's role? Is he skinny or not? I want to see those perfect NQ body :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

12 hours ago, lynne22 said:

oh and yeah.. I just saw someone commenting on wyb/cfy issues on twitter and i’m like omg... this is so silly and sigh ... like @caranita says its pretty annoying...  time to block so people in twitter I guess ^_^

I am really annoyed at the so call some fans of WYB too. What is the matter with them? Always picking fight for no reason. I heard that some even picking fight with XZ fans for the position in an award event. Will it be better to focus on the positive side of actor that they like instead of being negative to the actor that they do not like. Grrr....
Anyway, I think in every  fandoms there will always someone like that. That just showed that the society is sick. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, epinklyn said:

And one more, does anyone happen to know about the appearance of cfy's role? Is he skinny or not? I want to see those perfect NQ body :P

I know they'll get wigs anyway, but the buzzed hair is making me nervous. He had that the nice long-ish hair before for EN1 and it helped make it seem real. 

BTW I've officially dropped EN2. I reached my end point when they had three addicts behave like they had a sismance. Nope. I'll catch the ending in March to see how they finish it, but that's about it. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, lynne22 said:

And mayhaps Chen Kaige will lend a hand on the production... so we can still hope the finished product might be good.  

Yes please!!! 

Btw @epinklyn the director helmed the Legend of Dugu and And the Winner is Love. Haven't seen both, not even clips, but I've read some  applause of Ady An's acting. So I assume there's nothing to write home about the direction. I can only hope now they'll get a decent script -- if they can nab the Joy of Life scriptwriter, that will be fantastic!!! People also praised him for another series, the Young Blood. (I'm planning to see it now that it's got subbed). But I think he's busy atm completing JoL S2, and who knows how many offers come his way. 

9 hours ago, lynne22 said:

8 hours ago, epinklyn said:

I think since arthur once liked weibo post about WYB's photoshopped image. The netizens start to make both of them become enemy. There is a rumour about WYB has adored OYNN, that is why CFY dislike WYB. 

Yeah, I'm familiar about yxh accounts, should've figured out they started out the rumor, taking advantage of Arthur's slipping thumb. Wait, I'm not even aware of that WYB liking Nana gossip.. whatt?? LOL, seriously! Some people need to get a life! Sadly, some agents see rumors as a kind of marketing, just like the "bad news is good news" mentality. Show biz can really be toxic :(((

I've seen on twitters people have started complaining about the shipping thing which can be damaging to both Arthur and Luo Yunxi. Not liking it either, but it is what it is. Let's just hope for the best and support our boy!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lbpg said:

BTW I've officially dropped EN2. I reached my end point when they had three addicts behave like they had a sismance. Nope. I'll catch the ending in March to see how they finish it, but that's about it. 

Quite a departure from the source? Do you think they will finish the novel in this season?

I just checked EN2 Douban, and found that it's not rated yet! I guess the production company is aware of the issues and criticism, that they've been withholding the rating until Godknowswhen? EN1 got really good words-of-mouth and its earlier high Douban score was a promotional material as well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, caranita said:

Quite a departure from the source? Do you think they will finish the novel in this season?

I just checked EN2 Douban, and found that it's not rated yet! I guess the production company is aware of the issues and criticism, that they've been withholding the rating until Godknowswhen? EN1 got really good words-of-mouth and its earlier high Douban score was a promotional material as well. 

LOL yup, it's that bad. Departure from source material is a huge part of my problem, but the (comparatively very low) quality of the production is also big. The new actor casting / acting is pretty terrible across the board, even some of the returning ones, but especially most of the new ones, so for me it was Tencent going nuts on either budget cuts or intervening with Yang Yang or a combo of both. I don't get it.. It feels like she and the writer phoned it in. 

I keep hearing it's supposed to go for three. I've not seen that other than in random comments, so who knows. It has 43 episodes and at the speed they're going, if they don't finish it, the source material for 3 will be very repetitive.

There's a lot of searching  for a missing SangSang in the last quarter of the novel, and the big name cultivators chasing each other all over the map, and that's not very interesting if they expect to pick up new viewers in s3. I was reading the daily translations by then, and I finished it because I'd already made a huge time investment, but frankly it wasn't as interesting as the rest of the story. 

Funny enough, this just popped up on my feed :phew::tongue: 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, caranita said:

Btw @epinklyn the director helmed the Legend of Dugu and And the Winner is Love. Haven't seen both, not even clips, but I've read some  applause of Ady An's acting. So I assume there's nothing to write home about the direction. I can only hope now they'll get a decent script -- if they can nab the Joy of Life scriptwriter, that will be fantastic!!! People also praised him for another series, the Young Blood. (I'm planning to see it now that it's got subbed). But I think he's busy atm completing JoL S2, and who knows how many offers come his way. 

Ady An is one of talented actress from Taiwan. I dont really like imperial story though, so i never really watch them. Yeah someone in JoL thread really recommend Young Blood as the script writer"s original story. Once watch the trailer, i will put it in my series bucket list. And i think EN2 is out from the bucket LOL, but my son n husband surely watch it though, but without me LOL. 

• LOL 3

12 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

My google doesnt translate this page... Plz help...

A sampling. These machine translations are so bad :wacko:

As a point of comparison, EN1 is sitting at 7.4 (idk what it was before) and to @caranita's point, EN2 is still unrated. one of the comments on this thread below states that only high-traffic dramas get ratings? is that true?

Annotation-2020-01-21-225754.png

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

As a point of comparison, EN1 is sitting at 7.4 (idk what it was before) and to @caranita's point, EN2 is still unrated. one of the comments on this thread below states that only high-traffic dramas get ratings? is that true?

It looks like the number of traffics AND/OR deliberate decision by the production company.

https://curiouscat.me/dramapotatoe/post/1047161534

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, caranita said:

It looks like the number of traffics AND/OR deliberate decision by the production company.

https://curiouscat.me/dramapotatoe/post/1047161534

Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see what Marcus Sim or Avenuex have to say about EN2.

And back to the convo re: Arthur's new project, I just read some comments on Avenuex's community posts on YouTube that state his character would be quite difficult to play (i suppose if the adaptation is faithful at least in that regard). I don't really have an opinion on the genre, but him being selected for that would seem like a serious vote of confidence that he can pull it off. I hope that's the case

• Like 3