[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

5 hours ago, caranita said:

I always love seeing the Chen brothers together, but this picture either used too much filter or Alex's face just changed LOL. 

Speaking of which, here's an interesting article about the brothers (again, Google is your friend!)  

https://www.twoeggz.com/info/144625.html

Highlights/interesting tidbits:

- They have very different personalities. Alex is confident, tends to be bossy, isn't afraid to speak his thoughts, and at times rebellious. His dorm room was messy because that's how his friends' dorms were. Arthur is a good and obedient kid, careful not to hurt other people's feelings, and a perfectionist (well, we knew about it all along right? LOL). 

- Regardless, they're super close. Arthur looks up to Alex, asks for his advice, and looks for Alex when he's in trouble. 

- They once used their collected hongbao to fund a project filming a child with an illness and could barely walk, whose father was in prison and lived with their grandma. Touched by this documentary, their parents paid for the child's surgery. 

Ahhh Alex really a big brother yeah, i've read the link, thank you so much @caranita 

Their face really show their personalities, Alex is tough, Arthur is soft. Maybe Arthur makes his NQ based on his bro LOL. I once read that Arthur said that his bro is very smart and really like to study, even when he is not study seriously, the result still fantastic, not like Arthur, really really Alex is the true NQ LOL. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, epinklyn said:

The colour hair looks so good with the outfit

I agree! Somehow the hair color doesn't really seem out of place for him. But Arthur has always been more daring on fashion events. Outside the limelight, he's back to his normal, conservative style. (And his love for long sleeves :lol:).

As much as I hate to admit it, here he does look a lot like Kris Wu. Grrrhhh.. can't wait until his hair grows out again. I want to see his EN1 hair and body shape, please! With the playful eyebrows as a bonus ;-) 

I was rewatching the first few episodes of EN1 the other day, and his boyish face reminds me how young he was when he took part and made an iconic Ning Que. It's only been three years and he's grown into a very fine looking young man! :) 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, angelangie said:

very very very the big sigh.....

i dont understand the hype on BL series to be honest

Don't get me wrong angie some of the story under BL category can be interesting... such as Priest's Modu (Silent Reading).. a detective novel.. or even MXTX's novel.. its just that the author's preference is BL, but their story is solid. 

I've heard and read a bit about 2ha few months ago and while I think it has an interesting story (with a weird ending).. I just don't think this 2ha can be adapted well without changing almost 60-70% of the story.. sigh... and... I am very pessimistic it won't be another messy story.. 

We can only hope for the best at this point..

a controversial tought...lols... 

Spoiler

and its a bit of a surprise for me that CFY accept another Tencent drama.. after what happen with EN :(

• Like 2

The third sigh comes from me. I'm happy he has a new project, I just wish he opted for a less "idol-ish" one! (To me now all BL adaptations scream "IDOL!!!" -- biggest apologies to BL fans). Oh will, I can only wish him the best of luck, and please don't forget his education. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

I've heard and read a bit about 2ha few months ago and while I think it has an interesting story (with a weird ending).. I just don't think this 2ha can be adapted well without changing almost 60-70% of the story.. sigh... and... I am very pessimistic it won't be another messy story.. 

I read something like that as well. The reason why earlier I commented here that they should consider hiring the Bloody Romance scriptwriters, who adapted an erotica into an angsty fantasy wuxia/romance, and gained a lot of praises for that! 

• Like 3

A little more information about the crew....

https://cfen.si/2020/01/20/luo-yunxi-chen-feiyu-cast-in-bl-novel-adapted-drama/

OK, hit me ladies, but I was not impressed by the CGI in Ashes of Love. I thought it looks cheap -- PLEASE FORGIVE ME!! Bloody Romance with its allegedly limited budget, IMO, produced a way more beautiful looking show than Ashes. (Do I sound like a BR hardcore fangirl? I am). It's great, though, that their costumes will be by the designer of Tribes and Empires and Ever Night (YESSSS!!!!). 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i prefer it to be something like brotherhood instead

lol.. that's why I love Gank Your heart.. its one of that modern drama that did brotherhood relationship very very well...

34 minutes ago, caranita said:

Oh will, I can only wish him the best of luck, and please don't forget his education. 

Me too... 

LOL the strong point of AOL was the story.... the CGI was just OK... 

• Like 2

Omg... :bawling: why Fei Yu why... Even now there are already strange images about them both... 

I am getting sad after read @lynne22 short description about 2ha... I really hope they have great script writer that not being messed with Tencent interfere for the sake of "the most high profile and expensive BL drama ever made" hate that words!

Oh well, maybe we can talk about the technical LOL. So the wardrobe designer is decent, the CGI not that ok, what about the director He SuPei?  

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Omg... :bawling: why Fei Yu why... Even now there are already strange images about them both... 

I am getting sad after read @lynne22 short description about 2ha... I really hope they have great script writer that not being messed with Tencent interfere for the sake of "the most high profile and expensive BL drama ever made" hate that words!

Oh well, maybe we can talk about the technical LOL. So the wardrobe designer is decent, the CGI not that ok, what about the director He SuPei?  

Even more so is that strange rumor about him sabotaging Wang Yibo because he's envious that WYB was cast in a BL drama -- Hellooo???? There are TWO stars of Untamed, and Xiao Zhan is the relatively more famous one now! It's ridiculous but seems like a lot of netizens buy it, adding to my displeasure of this project. 

I haven't found any information about the director, but will surely share it with you if I get it. I think I'll ask those potato ladies LOL.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1