Quantcast
angelangie

[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

2 hours ago, Lbpg said:

You're right, he's starting at 19. Is it normal to start university at 18 over there as well? 

I believe so, 18 or 19 years old. 

2 hours ago, Lbpg said:

That'd be amazing! And hey, October 1st is technically q4.... :D

It may be that I'm sleepy and my head is foggy, but what reasons would there be for not advertising? 

Hahaha you know what? There's also a rumor that EN2 will be broadcast in October. But didn't the production company itself state that EN2 is scheduled for Feb 2020 airing?

Since October 1 IS China's National Day & this year they're celebrating the 70th anniversary of the Chinese communist revolution, I think dramas airing in that month and the following months will revolve around the patriotic themes. Not all of them, of course, but a good chunk.

Regarding the no advertisement, it's the current regulation for historical dramas not to advertise (which is also due to the anniversary of the communist revolution). So you see some of them quietly appear on air (like Longest Day in Chang An, Young Blood, and of course Novoland Eagle Flag). 

In fact the NRTA recently issued a 100-day broadcast policy, in which only dramas with certain themes will be allowed to air during the period of 100 days starting from August. You can read more details here: http://www.dramapanda.com/2019/07/chinese-govt-stipulates-selection-of-tv.html

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2019 at 2:27 AM, caranita said:

Hahaha you know what? There's also a rumor that EN2 will be broadcast in October. But didn't the production company itself state that EN2 is scheduled for Feb 2020 airing?

I saw that when dw went to the Philippines there was a post on IG I saw that mentioned October of this year. I hadn't heard February but had heard June or July of next year. Either way, we're awaiting eagerly!! Webnovel will be done with translations on Monday, can't wait for that either!!! 

Since October 1 IS China's National Day & this year they're celebrating the 70th anniversary of the Chinese communist revolution, I think dramas airing in that month and the following months will revolve around the patriotic themes. Not all of them, of course, but a good chunk.

That makes sense why even that snowman movie would screen in October, since it elevates the beauty of the country. It wasn't making sense to me otherwise. Ahhh it's all propaganda, sadly. 

Regarding the no advertisement, it's the current regulation for historical dramas not to advertise (which is also due to the anniversary of the communist revolution). So you see some of them quietly appear on air (like Longest Day in Chang An, Young Blood, and of course Novoland Eagle Flag). 

In fact the NRTA recently issued a 100-day broadcast policy, in which only dramas with certain themes will be allowed to air during the period of 100 days starting from August. You can read more details here: http://www.dramapanda.com/2019/07/chinese-govt-stipulates-selection-of-tv.html

Thanks for the link! That's crazy.. I didn't realize historical dramas weren't allowed to advertise at all. Fans do a lot of legwork anyway, and I suppose that even if they were to advertise a premiere date, it's still not firm so why bother, eh? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, epinklyn said:

New series?

That'd be great! Put him in long hair again, please! If he's done filming the movies for now, I hope that hair starts to grow out very soon... :D

• LOL 2

12 hours ago, epinklyn said:

About Snowman Romance, so cuteee!

I agree, they're cute! Ha, I remember back in "Back to Field 3" airing days, some netizens started to ship them, because of the way Arthur was looking at Zifeng at one point. But that's just how he often is: looking straight at whomever is talking to him. 

12 hours ago, epinklyn said:

New series?

Haven't read anything about it. Is it possible he was just visiting a TV station/production company/TV set?

3 hours ago, Lbpg said:

That'd be great! Put him in long hair again, please! If he's done filming the movies for now, I hope that hair starts to grow out very soon... :D

Words, words, words!

BTW, I found a couple of more news outlets (in Chinese) claiming that the Legend of Awakening will air sooner. One even says it's going to be in August! So let's cross our fingers but keep calm, manage our expectation :D 

• Awesome 2

7 minutes ago, caranita said:

BTW, I found a couple of more news outlets (in Chinese) claiming that the Legend of Awakening will air sooner. One even says it's going to be in August! So let's cross our fingers but keep calm, manage our expectation :D 

Oh! Post them, I'll get them checked out! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Oh! Post them, I'll get them checked out! 

Ah thank you! Let me look up again  & update here with the link of the articles.

• Like 2

@Lbpg and others,

Apologies, I couldn't find the articles about Legend of Awakening airing time. Oh well, maybe it was pulled out for whatever reason? Sorryyyyy :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, caranita said:

@Lbpg and others,

Apologies, I couldn't find the articles about Legend of Awakening airing time. Oh well, maybe it was pulled out for whatever reason? Sorryyyyy :( 

Aww no worries!! My friend digs around on her own as well, if she finds anything I'll let you ladies know :)

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2019 at 1:19 AM, Lbpg said:

Short hair is very easy to take care, though. After shaving my head once, now I keep very short hair.

CFY may like to keep it. LOL

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 2

Found this one, saying that these series will aired in the 4th part of this year.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, mei2018 said:

Short hair is very easy to take care, though. After shaving my head once, now I keep very short hair.

CFY may like to keep it. LOL

True... This was me for a while, now I have it long but it's always in a ponytail. I'm too lazy for long hair haha

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, Lbpg said:

New clip from the national day movie! Hilarious tub scene, tho, what's up with that!!? 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4402709002041729

OMG, thank youuuuuuuuuu :kiss_wink:. Love the clip. Arthur transforms into his character pretty well! He obviously enjoyed doing the movie -- there's sparkle in his eyes against his otherwise calm expression in that brief interview. Can"t wait!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Cant wait cant wait!!! Hopefully the news about LoA aired on 4th quarter (which means Oct!) from @mei2018 will also come true!!!

3zusa7psdztrm84lurt7kye9q.jpg

4om07renzyly5mnap74kd0f41.jpg

Sorry the translation machine was not working huhuhu...

Screenshot-20190808-073657-Weibo-Intl.jp

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Annndddd... another gift from the universe, my dear Arthur aunties & sisters, an article about Chen Kaige's part in the anthology movie. Enjoy the Google-translated piece! :D 

(URL: http://www.china.org.cn/chinese/2019-08/08/content_75080256.htm)

Chen Kaige restores Shenzhou 11 return cabin landing

t_16.gifPrint t_17.gif E-mailChina Network 2019-08-08
Adjust the font size: t_18.gift_19.gif

China Network August 8th, "Me and My Motherland" traces the 70th anniversary of the founding of New China with seven stories to the journey of common people and the motherland. Today, the film released a trailer for the "White Meteor". "White Cattle Meteor" was directed by Chen Kaige to restore the successful landing of the Shenzhou 11 spacecraft return capsule.

At 13:59 on November 18, 2016, the Shenzhou 11 spacecraft returning to the cabin successfully landed, like a meteor in the white, shocking everyone waiting in front of the screen. In order to truly restore this important historical moment, Chen Kaige invited the astronauts Jing Haipeng and Chen Dong to participate in the filming.

The crew made the props real, not only the special vehicles, the return cabin parachute was the real thing at the time, but also the spacesuits of the two astronauts in the film.

To this end, Chen Kaige called the Gobi Beach work car, props and military vehicles for more than a hundred vehicles, and built a crew on the Gobi. The staff formed a "film research group", watched a large amount of materials, familiar with the different states of the return cabin, and repeatedly went to the National Aerospace Museum for calculation. In the end, this group of enthusiastic creators, together with the witnesses of the events at that time, restored the grand occasion at the time of the Dunhuang Gobi.

6e5c237b-6286-4981-b8f7-b2174178236b.jpg"I and my motherland" "White Cattle Meteor" poster [Huaxia Movie for photo]

"White Cattle Meteor" directed the camera at the pair of young wandering brothers played by Liu Yuran and Chen Feiyu. The two men lost in the face of the director of the retirement poverty alleviation office played by Tian Zhuangzhuang, the life has quietly changed, and witnessed the Shenzhou 11 spacecraft. The return to the cabin was a great historical moment in the successful landing, and the heart was greatly baptized.

In order to better integrate into the role, Liu Yuran and Chen Feiyu subverted the sleek and handsome image in the film, and the clothes were worn and gray. The wind and sand of the Dunhuang film studio also impressed the two people. "Every day eats the wind and eats the soil and eats the sand. Every day, it is like a job. It is another way to come back."

The film "Me and My Motherland" was produced by Huaxia Film Distribution Co., Ltd., led by Chen Kaige as the general director, Huang Jianxin as the chief producer, Chen Kaige, Zhang Yibai, Guan Hu, Xue Xiaolu, Xu Wei, Ning Hao, and Wen Muye. Co-directed, and dozens of outstanding actors joined. The film will be released on October 1, 2019.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Also, here's another one! Arthur is reported to be taking part in a new variety show called "The Actor Please Take the Position" (of course Google often gives funny translation). OK, Chen Kaige is also involved in this show as one of the tutors, aside from names like Zhao Wei and Guo Jingming. It's reported they are shooting in Zhejiang this weekend, but no further information about when it will be broadcast.

(Source: http://www.fengfeng.cc/news/yule/34638.html)

ETA: Ah, Dramapotatoe & Smilemochie just tweeted about it!

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, caranita said:

Also, here's another one! Arthur is reported to be taking part in a new variety show called "The Actor Please Take the Position" (of course Google often gives funny translation). OK, Chen Kaige is also involved in this show as one of the tutors, aside from names like Zhao Wei and Guo Jingming. It's reported they are shooting in Zhejiang this weekend, but no further information about when it will be broadcast.

(Source: http://www.fengfeng.cc/news/yule/34638.html)

ETA: Ah, Dramapotatoe & Smilemochie just tweeted about it!

I wonder which platform that this show will be. Will the actors be in different team under each tutor.