[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

6 hours ago, rhaps said:

I never understand fashion for men in Paris, so I'm glad that CFY didnt wear anything strange :P

About that LoA pics, hmmm..his style is very different with EN. It's the classic wuxia style, and I'm curious to see that in motion. It should looked good in fighting scenes.

Yeah it is too art so we can hardly understand, and i am also glad CFY suit is still simple and not colourful. Really proud that CFY is able to blend around fashion people, he surely fluent in english and has the knowledge so can easily communicate with them.

Ah that's the word i try to seek these days seeing LoA hairstyles, "classic wuxia", i afraid that kind of hair style will stiff and keep stay still although the wind blow so hard :joy: but that is what i see in older wuxia movie like in old celestial movie channel, i am sure now they have the tech to make wig like a real hair one, like they used in EN.

• LOL 2

TBH I never like blazer/suit top without shirt underneath for men (like what he wears for Dior). But I don't think that's his style, he was just wearing what the Dior stylist asked him. 

I remember the first time I saw a YouTube clip of him at last year's (?) Dior show in Paris. I think he was wearing a black suit with glitters. At that time I thought he seemed rather arrogant and indifferent. But I understand now that he's actually an introvert and simply an awkward teen. He can relax in front of cameras when it's for movie/drama shooting, but I sense he doesn't really like the limelight. His brother (from the video linked here the other time) seems a much better public speaker -- but of course he's older and an active university student.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

Hahaha this one is not stiff, I think...unlike the one from ancient wuxia series *lol*. This one is commonly used by males in other wuxia dramas, like Li Yi Feng in Chusen . 

5 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Ah that's the word i try to seek these days seeing LoA hairstyles, "classic wuxia", i afraid that kind of hair style will stiff and keep stay still although the wind blow so hard :joy: but that is what i see in older wuxia movie like in old celestial movie channel, i am sure now they have the tech to make wig like a real hair one, like they used in EN.

IMO his Ever Night ponytail is his best period drama hairstyle so far. (OK he only has one drama  to date but you know what I mean). He looks youthful and playful and it suits his face the best. He has a long chin, so if he got a long-haired wig framing his face, it would emphasize the length. The two strands don't help either. I personally think two strand style in ancient dramas look bad on anyone and I never understand why it exists at all LOL. 

• LOL 3

I don't like his blazer either.  No matter what,  he has to wear what his stylist had picked for him.  @epinklyn is there any video of him talking in English?  I want to see how his English is?  I tried to find in YT, but I could see only his video of leaving the arena.  If u see one, can u post one for us?  Many thanks.

Cr:uploader

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

I don't like his blazer either.  No matter what,  he has to wear what his stylist had picked for him.  @epinklyn is there any video of him talking in English?  I want to see how his English is?  I tried to find in YT, but I could see only his video of leaving the arena.  If u see one, can u post one for us?  Many thanks.

Cr:uploader

There are some videos of him talking in english but no more than 6 words, like in his 1st vlog unboxing adidas rivalry shoe, in his 18th birthday fan made video, this is the longest talking (6 words), he said "it's my life, my life bro", in bazaar interview video, not much of talking. Maybe we can ask his studio to record him talking in english for non-speaking-mandarin fans. If you want, i will list it in here.

Dear mod: sorry i cant delete the quoted video, i tried. Help me delete it, will u, thx.

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote Vid
  • LOL 2

I think @rhaps mentioned about him and ouyang Nana.  I did not still see his film Secret Fruit yet, so I cannot say his chem with her.  I saw some of YT videos of him and her.  They are comfortable with each other.  They seem to have collaborated in a lot of ads as well.  He seems to be fine with her.  In fact I have to say that she teases him a lot in most of the interviews.  They look great and now he is good with SYR also.  

Also regarding one of the posts by @caranita, I think they did not have confidence in him since he was a rookie.  So even before EN started airing, they decided on the new male lead for season 2.  But they would have never expected season 1 to be a big commercial success and also CFY gaining popularity.  I am just blaming the production co. tencent which did not even wait for the result of the drama and decided abruptly.  Hope season2 also to be a grand success.

Also, can someone clear my doubt.  Actually pd used the big grandeur filming set created by CK.  now will they be using an another one or create a new one?  Anybody know anything on that news?  Please share.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

I think @rhaps mentioned about him and ouyang Nana.  I did not still see his film Secret Fruit yet, so I cannot say his chem with her.  I saw some of YT videos of him and her.  They are comfortable with each other.  They seem to have collaborated in a lot of ads as well.  He seems to be fine with her.  In fact I have to say that she teases him a lot in most of the interviews.  They look great and now he is good with SYR also.  

Also regarding one of the posts by @caranita, I think they did not have confidence in him since he was a rookie.  So even before EN started airing, they decided on the new male lead for season 2.  But they would have never expected season 1 to be a big commercial success and also CFY gaining popularity.  I am just blaming the production co. tencent which did not even wait for the result of the drama and decided abruptly.  Hope season2 also to be a grand success.

Also, can someone clear my doubt.  Actually pd used the big grandeur filming set created by CK.  now will they be using an another one or create a new one?  Anybody know anything on that news?  Please share.  

I watched Secret Fruit for CFY sake LOL, and because it is easily to find on youtube, and i only watched it one time, it is good, their chemistry is good, but still cant beat with CFY-SYR in EN, maybe this is because it was first project of CFY and they only together for less than 3 months for the movie. The ost is also good, easy listening and memorable.

Hmm i think i prefer to accept your explanation for the reason of CFY's replacement as NQ. It is more humanity, not that cruel. Although director Yang should know better about her casts after 8 months together, so that she can raise her voice louder to defense CFY. Yeah but still who own the money win LOL.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I can only say that the story that is spreading behind the scene is not so good :P . But oh well, since there is no proof, cant say anything about it . Personally, I do agree that they perhaps miscalculated CFY's success in EN. 

@angelangie, have I told you that I love you? :D . Thanks!

I also have to take bath. I was taking baking course a whole day long, hahaha

Sometimes rumours in entertainment business is as cruel as in politics, they are much the same i guess. In fact in this social media era, anybody can be everybody, pretend to be anybody, and easily spread false and hoax news, and those things get re-spread easily, so actually we cant never found it right until the person or people involved give clarification to it. So in terms of business sight only, i prefer your statement "miscalculated CFY success" as the reason behind the stage of EN. Omg our discussion getting heavier this time rite? :joy:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

actually i wont say miscalculated....u see this channel are big......there are probably some behind the scenes stuff that we are not sure of.....most production they can and are also able to anticipate the success of each film......

just probably there are more than meet the eyes things that we are not sure of as the entertainment world is a world of gray world

Yeah i think you are right, mostly i am only a viewer, never know what exactly going back there. Just wanna think the simplest and most common reason for this matter. They were surely have everything anticipated and calculated, even though there is human error, but still like you said Tencent is a very big company so... We know the ending now LoL.

Ah we better discuss other topic, like what company that produce LoA? Is it good?  

• Like 1

Video of CFY with Elvis Han. Cr. As tagged.

https://fx.weico.net/share/53919759.html?weibo_id=4330301436707377

20190119-215953.jpg

Hey i think this outfit is good for CFY20190119-220612.jpg

This one is resemble with NQ's outfit.

Collage-Maker-20190119-221740400.jpg

What do you think?

Regarding LoA, really? He shot a lot of fighting scenes, yeahhhh that's my boy! Hopefully it will full of action though, since yes it is produced by Gordon Chan, specialized in fighting scenes! I hope his team will have the same quality or more than EN's team. Oh God, we will always compare EN n LoA right? Naturally... So far my level expectation of LoA is still 50:50, regarding

(-) because:

1. The story, i havent read the novel.

2. The hairstyle and the wardrobe dun really like it, still have to adapt with

3. They add more FL and ML into the drama.

(+) because:

1. Produced by Gordon Chan which means decent fighting scenes!

2. The casts, you all said most of them are very good and talented young actors, except Cheng Xiao, because this is her 1st period drama. But i've seen her fighting scene footages and it was so good! So smooth!

3. The natural scenery

Yeah three of them each right? So 50:50 LOL

• LOL 2

@angelangie if you have time, maybe you can watch CFY's OnlyLady interview, i think their questions were interesting not only talk about fashion, they questioned about LoA, his slip tounged in China Literature Award, and talk about his dad too. Maybe maybe... *doggyEyes* You can help give us short synopsis about the interview :D:P thx a lot in advance :wub:

This one...

https://fx.weico.net/share/53937655.html?weibo_id=4330254296894237

Screenshot_20190119-200351_WeiboIntl.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Wanna share full version video of China Literature Award 2018 event. After i watched this, i finally know that author was called 老师 aka teacher. That's what CFY's speech greeting was. He saluted the authors, fellow friends and colleagues. At first i was confused, why he greeted teachers? Who are his teachers? It turns out to be...

Part 1

Part 2

@mei2018 hi! Where have you been! Enjoy the posts ok :wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@epinklyn I went pilgrimaged at the place where the Buddha was, in India. So I share the merit        with you too.  ( In case that you are not Buddhist , most Buddhists believe that doing a pilgrimage will gain you many merit and you can share with any one.):blush:

One reaons that I love EN , the novel, was it talks about philosophy which I think it is very interesting. ( Eventhough, the Buddhist sect was mostly the bad guys here. :tounge_xd:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, mei2018 said:

@epinklyn I went pilgrimaged at the place where the Buddha was, in India. So I share the merit        with you too.  ( In case that you are not Buddhist , most Buddhists believe that doing a pilgrimage will gain you many merit and you can share with any one.):blush:

One reaons that I love EN , the novel, was it talks about philosophy which I think it is very interesting. ( Eventhough, the Buddhist sect was mostly the bad guys here. :tounge_xd:

Ah i also Buddhist, and i have my India Holy Pilgrimage in Jan 2013, it took hmm around 12 days using train and bus. Being a Buddhist is not a guarantee someone will be a good person, we havent reached enlightment though :tounge_xd:, so we still have demon seeds deep down inside LOL, so we should not bother think that too much. The buddhist philosophy we have learnt and practiced in our life, hopefully they are good for us and for other people around us. Since good for our self doesnt mean will be good for other people, vice versa, good for other people doesnt mean good for us.

Yeah one thing i love about EN is we can learn that there is no absolute good and evil, and there is no absolute light and dark, when the night comes, there will be the moon shines, altough it is only a reflection from the sun. Good sect turns out to be evil, evil sect turns out to be good. Title of evil n good people, they are men made. And you right there are so many philosophy inside EN, something is good to be a reminder to our humanity. Kind like a chicken soup for our soul :joy:

Wow this discussion really getting heavier right? :joy: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1