[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

On 9/1/2019 at 9:41 PM, caranita said:

OK, now for an exciting thing. The anthology movie will also be screened simultaneously in Australia, New Zealand and North America! At first I was a bit hesitant -- I mean, it's a propaganda movie of another country, why would I watch it? But then it occurs to me that I have been enjoying commercial movies with a tinge of propaganda message as well (ahem, Independence Day, anyone? LOL). Also, 7 highly acclaimed directors and top stars will be in it, so far snippets from various parts of the anthology look great, and of course seeing Arthur on large screen is my motivation, even if it's only for several minutes, hahaha!

What!! Oh my.. I'll have to watch for it! I'd seen a poster for abominable and told my girls if they happen to play the Chinese version at a local theater, I'm there lol. Totally had not expected this movie to be screened outside of China, much less in the states, but money is money :) 

Sorry that I've also sort of disappeared, my all-consuming (and off-topic - sorry!!) obsession with Gong Yoo has left me in a kdrama and movie daze (the local CGV cinema has been showing Train to Busan on the big screen and I about died when I found out) and I've been neglecting this wonderful guy here. Can't wait for longer hair and actual screen time with new content!

I'm sad that indeed LoA in August was just a rumor/assumption, but it made sense, given the ban. 

In the meantime, I finally finished Nightfall and it was awesome to read it all the way through with CFY in my mental images, and not he-who-shall-not-be-named. I'll still watch it, especially if they see it through to end and keep some of the amazing fight scenes in it. Fingers crossed! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Great News!!! Ever Night Awarded by International Film Festival Awards!

【《全职高手之巅峰荣耀》《将夜》中加国际电影节获奖】

https://nb.mbd.baidu.com/x5h1bqq?f=cp&u=1b844b28e85d73c6

"The Glory of the Full-time Master", "The Night", the International Film Festival Awards

Oriental Network September 17 news: local time on the evening of September 16, the fourth China-Canada International Film Festival ended in Montreal, Canada. The film "The Glory of the Full-time Masters" and the TV series "The Night" are two TV series works from China's online literature, which won the "Best Animation Award" and "Best TV Drama Award" respectively.

The film "The Glory of the Full-time Masters" was adapted from the eponymous novel of the same name by the platinum writer Butterfly Blue of the Reading Group. It tells the story of the top player in the online game "Glory", Ye Xiu, returning to the peak after being expelled by the club. s story. "The Night" is from the hands of another Platinum writer in the Reading Group. It tells the story of the sudden loss of the turmoil and the numerous disputes among the young people in the city, and finally set off the story of the great responsibility and the destiny of saving the people.

It is worth mentioning that "Full-time Master" and "The Night" have taken an important step in the development of IP full chain. The animations, TV series, and movies, which were adapted from "Full-time Masters", have received quite enthusiastic response. The first season of "Full-time Master" animation has exceeded 1.1 billion in the whole network after the broadcast, and won the domestic 2D. The first good score for the amount of animation playback. After the same name was changed to anime on the line, the score was as high as 9.5, and the number of viewers exceeded 400 million. The TV series was once praised as “the conscience of popularity and word of mouth”, and the total number of broadcasts exceeded 1.6 billion.

The China-Canada International Film Festival is a large-scale international professional event with the theme of Sino-Canadian film culture exchange. It has been strongly supported by the Chinese and Canadian governments since its establishment. After four years of development, the China-Canada International Film Festival has become an industry festival for cultural industry exchanges and cooperation. The "Full-time Master" and "The Night" can win awards on such an international stage, not only the performance of the works themselves, but also the strong evidence that Chinese online literature is going to the world. Luo Li, senior vice president of the Reading Group, said in his award that he hopes to use online literature as an opportunity to let more exciting Chinese stories go out and further promote them to be loved by more people around the world and promote global cultural exchanges. Mutual knowledge.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 9/18/2019 at 3:56 AM, epinklyn said:

Love the atmosphere!

19 hours ago, mei2018 said:

LOL! I saw some clip from Happy Camp. He was hit on the head because HDJ slip his hands.

His expression was priceless.:tounge_xd:

9 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Yeah i saw that LOL, meanwhile he was so carefull holding the rope ahhahaha

OK, so I NEED to see this episode, gals! I guess because it's fairly recent, it's not yet on YouTube? I don't feel like download MGTV app on my phone -- it already has tons, that I have to recharge it everyday LOL. @epinklyn and @mei2018,  can you share the link to the clip, please???

I love that his hair is already growing out. BTW, do you notice that he tends to wear long sleeve shirts/Tshirts nowadays? He's been rocking his Chen shirts. You know, he or his team need to consider selling them. I've bought merchandise shirts from music concerts and I'd love to have his. I honestly think the design is cool. 

And I saw pictures of him with his uni mates -- it's amusing to see him so serious, while his friends are goofing. (Although, on the other hand, he's getting better in public speaking and interviews.)

On 9/19/2019 at 7:22 PM, epinklyn said:

Great News!!! Ever Night Awarded by International Film Festival Awards!

YAYYY!!! Congrats Ever Night team! Well deserved! I'm going to request Netflix to license for Ever Night (and My Best Summer again). "Full Time Master" is King's Avatar right? (King's Avatar is already on Netflix, btw). 

On 9/18/2019 at 7:46 PM, epinklyn said:

Sept 30!

He looks great, acting wise, in the trailer and the BTS. And guess what: the ticket is already on sale here for 1st & 2nd of October! Unfortunately, it's again only showing in Auckland and on weekdays. You know I'd go in a heartbeat if it's on weekend >_<. I'll still be checking the schedules and am hoping at least they'll have a weekend show. :innocent:

On another note: the other CKG movie (the one with LHR, Sophie Zhang & Wen Qi) has been re-titled, from "Flowers Bloom in the Dust" to "Youth". Frankly, I dislike the new title. Why change something poetic to a generic one?! It'll also probably set to release next year, and there is speculation that it may even get screened abroad in film festivals. Since it's Chen Kaige, they may go to the prestigious ones like Toronto, Berlin and even Cannes. I really, really hope they'll bring it here for next year's NZIFF :)))

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

On 9/23/2019 at 4:20 PM, caranita said:

I love that his hair is already growing out. BTW, do you notice that he tends to wear long sleeve shirts/Tshirts nowadays? He's been rocking his Chen shirts. You know, he or his team need to consider selling them. I've bought merchandise shirts from music concerts and I'd love to have his. I honestly think the design is cool. 

And it is time for collective individuals turn to show up, then it was only on the back, now on the both side, so gooddddd!!! I wonder about the symbol on his sleeves

• Like 2