[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

3 hours ago, caranita said:

Of course we can like people with totally different personalities (like @Lbpg's example of her husband hahah) but I understand where you came from. We can agree that what most people like about CFY in EN1 is his portrayal of Ning Que, and his chemistry with SYR (because their relationship is crucial to the drama). I didn't watch MG 2018, but I know Dao Mingsi is almost like Ning Que. Arrogant and brash and super protective of his girl

Haahahahah yeah,just remember that my friend also like that, she is a quite and a nerd but she like someone that soooo different with her, so far my idol are like Richie Ren, James McAvoy, Liu HaoRan, and now FeiYu, well i dont know whether three of them have the same personalities more or less, or not.... Hmmm to think of it, i once have a crush on my highschool senior whom tall, very smart and can play basketball (same like Yu Huai), and a lecturer (not a professor yet) in my college. Not that random preference yeah? LOL.

I'm curious how he'll be doing in that anthology movie -- not only he'll be directed by his father, he'll also act alongside Liu Haoran! It's not even a challenge anymore -- he's practically putting himself out there to be a shooting target LOL. So ladies, let's put on your seat belt when the screen time comes, we're gonna brace the storm of very harsh criticisms and name callings! It's already bad now if you read those douban forums, it's likely to be nastier later :joy:. (For the record, both SYR and HLD have had their fair share of being called "ugly", I tell ya!). Remember to keep your sense of humor and enjoy CFY's growth in acting :). 

Hahahaha that was why there is news that he once refused this one right? He knew the risk is too BIG, after EN n MBS, those film are quite sensational! But i am happy he is success in those two films. 

I read a lot of DW's fans saying that DW will be able to play NQ with closed eyes hehe... I don't think they're saying NQ is an easy character to play, just that DW has taken a similar role before so this shouldn't be a problem for him.  Also, DW in real life has some similar traits with DMS. You know, to me that's actually a big compliment for Arthur, because his real personality is opposite Ning Que!  His characters in EN and MBS (because I've only seen him in those) are much more lively and expressive than him. He still needs to improve his line reading and work on micro expressions, and I hope his education and training will help him achieve that

Ah never thought about that, i once read that in EN2 forum and felt like come on DW fans, you are too underestimate FeiYu by saying that! They said about dare to say DW will be so much better bla bla bla, oh ok i realize it now, although i dont think too much about that anymore, well still a lil bit i think LOL! But i am happy after reading your POV! FeiYu has proved that he can act, by portraying someone that really and so not him naturally, that is what an actor do!

I'm actually looking forward to your view on the movie @epinklyn, since you've watched With You and a fan of LHR too! Most of the criticisms and negative comments on CFY is due to his different portrayal of YH. I truly understand fans disappointment. But I can't comprehend why that has to be his sole responsibility. He's an actor who acts based on the script and the director's interpretation of all characters. I think his real life personality is closer to YH in the drama than in the movie, but the script and the director told him other wise

Of course i wont compare both of them nastily even pick a side which one is better :P, because i know two of them are talented, and like i said, i believe that they are really succcess in interpreting their own understanding of YH, of course with the help from the author and directors. I really love their both version of YuHuai, but since i have only watched LHR's version, i think his YH is more selfish, although he always want to help GG, but still he always prioritize his thing first, like he doesnt want to join the class choir because he want to study for the competition, and another (i forgot) for basket thing, something that always make GG upset for his selfishness. Dont know about movie version.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

I think i will be crying watching this section, if i have watched entire movie from the start.

http://n.miaopai.com/media/d5pE7LiaBOSmkcl6QRUJTPIdvaPuV1rx

Yes yes yes yessssssss!!! This is it!!! This is where she says that line about the past being the best of him and the now being the best of her. This is after she'd seen him for the first time in 7 yrs. In the last second, when it's dawn, she screams her goodbye to him and the guy finally says he's been in touch with him. Then she sends the pictures to his cell phone. 

@epinklyn, you are awesome, thank you so much for finding and sharing these videos. This got me crying big time again, ayayayayyyyy my husband is driving while I type and he's trying to console me, he's so sweet hahaha

Question for you ladies, do you think that's CFY's version of 最好的我们? It's not the duet that I found on Spotify, that has a man and woman singing and this is a single voice, but I can't tell if it's his version. He's credit in the movie with singing one of the songs but I can't tell if this is it. 

Beautiful scene...

This is their date :)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

Yes yes yes yessssssss!!! This is it!!! This is where she says that line about the past being the best of him and the now being the best of her. This is after she'd seen him for the first time in 7 yrs. In the last second, when it's dawn, she screams her goodbye to him and the guy finally says he's been in touch with him. Then she sends the pictures to his cell phone. 

@epinklyn, you are awesome, thank you so much for finding and sharing these videos. This got me crying big time again, ayayayayyyyy my husband is driving while I type and he's trying to console me, he's so sweet hahaha

Question for you ladies, do you think that's CFY's version of 最好的我们? It's not the duet that I found on Spotify, that has a man and woman singing and this is a single voice, but I can't tell if it's his version. He's credit in the movie with singing one of the songs but I can't tell if this is it. 

This is their date :)

Awww so sweet of him... Maybe he is wondering what is with his wife lately, crying by looking at her cellphone LOL.

Ah yes i found the line, the highschool time was YH's best moment, and current is GG best time, hopefully the future will be their best time forever.

It is not CFY's version, it is more like Silence Wang's voice, dont know though but definetely not CFY's.

• Like 2

Here's the translation of the lyrics of CFY's song "Best of Us"

URL: http://www.wsyyxz.com/hires/30224.html

Are you at that time?

I didn't think I would contact you at the time.

You always said that youth never lasted. 

I really thought that I couldn't finish the time. I should have forgotten you. 
There is a world-famous side face.

The worry-free teenager sits quietly beside me. 
I can’t tell the farewell.

The best of us, the worst of us. The memories are the warm embers of time.

It’s best to forget the worst. It is the door that closes the world.

It stretches out our hands and embraces us at the time.

Are you at that time?

I didn’t think that I would stop contacting you at the time.

You always said that youth never lasted. 

I really thought that I couldn’t finish the time. I forgot you at that time.

I have the best looking side face in the whole world.

The worry-free teenager sits quietly beside me. 
I can’t tell the farewell.

The best of us, the worst of us. 
Memories are Time is with a warm ember, 
it is best to forget it.

The worst is to close the door of the world. 

Extend your hands and embrace us.

The best of us, the worst of us.

The memories are the warm embers of time. 

It is best to forget.

The worst is that the door to the world is extended.

Hands hug us at the time, stretch out our hands but no longer have us

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

Awww so sweet of him... Maybe he is wondering what is with his wife lately, crying by looking at her cellphone LOL.

Story of my life, crying at all the dramas lol! 

It is not CFY's version, it is more like Silence Wang's voice, dont know though but definetely not CFY's.

Yeah I thought it didn't sound like him after a second listen. Wonder which one he does sing, then, cuz he's definitely in the song credits at the end of the movie. 

By the way, Back to Field is uploaded on mango tv: https://glb.m.mgtv.com/b/328724/5815313.html

He and HLD show up at about 1:11:45, and apparently will be around for next week's episode too. Sadly no subs, but credit to my friend who lurks this forum for finding it <3

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, caranita said:

I read a lot of DW's fans saying that DW will be able to play NQ with closed eyes hehe... I don't think they're saying NQ is an easy character to play, just that DW has taken a similar role before so this shouldn't be a problem for him.  Also, DW in real life has some similar traits with DMS. You know, to me that's actually a big compliment for Arthur, because his real personality is opposite Ning Que!  His characters in EN and MBS (because I've only seen him in those) are much more lively and expressive than him. He still needs to improve his line reading and work on micro expressions, and I hope his education and training will help him achieve that. I'm curious how he'll be doing in that anthology movie -- not only he'll be directed by his father, he'll also act alongside Liu Haoran! It's not even a challenge anymore -- he's practically putting himself out there to be a shooting target LOL. So ladies, let's put on your seat belt when the screen time comes, we're gonna brace the storm of very harsh criticisms and name callings! It's already bad now if you read those douban forums, it's likely to be nastier later :joy:. (For the record, both SYR and HLD have had their fair share of being called "ugly", I tell ya!). Remember to keep your sense of humor and enjoy CFY's growth in acting :). 

So, so true. Even secret fruit was a stretch, since his home life has been so stable, apparently. Honestly, more than how we react to the criticism, I worry for how it'd affect him. He's still a kid, and those words have to hurt. It's hard to just insulate oneself from all that. I'm loving his growth, love watching him enjoy himself, and frankly for all the sulking he does in public, I'm impressed at how he can turn on the sweetness, the boyish charm effortlessly. Bring on more and more of it! 

You are our brave CFY Ambassador! :D. We need to give you a medal or something haha! I must underscore your first point: CFY's contribution to shaping the character. So true! I will always associate NQ with how CFY portrays him, including those eyebrow plays and carrying SS, which have become NQ's trademark. Outside of EN, I've never seen CFY moving his eyebrows like that... OK, maybe once for his Dior (?) birthday video, but that's it. 

LOL /deep bow

I can tell you that I started reading the novel because I couldn't wait for s2 to air to see what happened, but I continued reading it past the xia hou fight because 1) I was hopelessly addicted to it and 2) I didn't want DW to influence how I saw the scenes at all in my mind. Pure CFY for me, thanks! He's still NQ. Granted, there are a few scenes that really smacked of DMS crazy emotional expressions but you also see CFY pull some of that off both in EN1 and MBS so I'm good, DW can take a seat lol. 

I'm actually looking forward to your view on the movie @epinklyn, since you've watched With You and a fan of LHR too! Most of the criticisms and negative comments on CFY is due to his different portrayal of YH. I truly understand fans disappointment. 

Me toooo!!!! I like that @epinklyn is open minded and should provide a fair review hehe

I love those Back to Field clips! Hopefully it will make its way to YouTube, or it can be accessible outside China or by non-members so we can enjoy seeing CFY and HLD! 

Hope you can watch the links from mango directly!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

:blink: no idea lol. I'm asking, tho! The last scene with her spitting the drink in his face was when he seemed to be confessing his love to her, but then he turns and asks what she thinks of his acting - he was VERY convincing lol! This was right before he gets on the bus and gets right off to take her to the restaurant for the date. 

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, Lbpg said:

He and HLD show up at about 1:11:45, and apparently will be around for next week's episode too. Sadly no subs, but credit to my friend who lurks this forum for finding it ! <3

Give my big thx to your friend for the link! Ah there is also Wu YiFan, i wonder if Cfy get to meet him at there, since many people said they two are so resembles each other. Have to spare time to watch this.

1 hour ago, Lbpg said:

The last scene with her spitting the drink in his face was when he seemed to be confessing his love to her, but then he turns and asks what she thinks of his acting - he was VERY convincing lol! This was right before he gets on the bus and gets right off to take her to the restaurant for the date. 

Awwww that boy, already more than half journey to finish but he just took it back the confessing sigh... Ego ego ego... Drama drama drama LOL

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Give my big thx to your friend for the link! Ah there is also Wu YiFan, i wonder if Cfy get to meet him at there, since many people said they two are so resembles each other. Have to spare time to watch this.

Will do! She also had some commentary on it:

"Just to give you the gist of it:  they brought a tree with them to plant as the GengGeng Yuhai tree, haha talk about movie tie ins, they are working over time promoting this movie.  He has a cold (poor kid, he probably doesn't even want to be there)

The guy in the white jacket and the lady that came on later both worked with his dad so they both held him when he was a fat little kid and yes they mentioned a couple of times that he was a fat little kid . Some of the comments are" hey i want to hold him too " lol" 

Thank you!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Will do! She also had some commentary on it:

"Just to give you the gist of it:  they brought a tree with them to plant as the GengGeng Yuhai tree, haha talk about movie tie ins, they are working over time promoting this movie.  He has a cold (poor kid, he probably doesn't even want to be there)

The guy in the white jacket and the lady that came on later both worked with his dad so they both held him when he was a fat little kid and yes they mentioned a couple of times that he was a fat little kid . Some of the comments are" hey i want to hold him too " lol" 

Yaayyy, thanks to your friend too! I wouldn't have guessed Arthur was having a cold, he looked like his calm and quiet self. Poor guy. I hope he's in better shape now. Eat well and drink plenty of water, Arthur!

Thanks for the clip and the pictures, @epinklyn! I haven't found the full Happy Camp episode, but hopefully one of these days it'll show up. He was flying to Shanghai for the Weibo Movie Award tonight, right? Can't wait to see the pictures! Since I'm 4/5 hours ahead of China, it feels forever to me LOL.

It's cool seeing him trending in Weibo for the singing! We've seen him singing Shallow before, but Happy Camp gives him exposure to a wider audience! Go Arthur!

• Love 2

26 minutes ago, caranita said:

Thanks for the clip and the pictures, @epinklyn! I haven't found the full Happy Camp episode, but hopefully one of these days it'll show up. He was flying to Shanghai for the Weibo Movie Award tonight, right? Can't wait to see the pictures! Since I'm 4/5 hours ahead of China, it feels forever to me LOL.

Found it!! The clip with his singing starts at around minute 22. Enjoy!!

https://glb.m.mgtv.com/b/327224/5820897.html

For context, the skit with the singing at the end is a challenge where they have to convince the groups holding up the paddles with the faces that they performed a song at a cafe. Goes to show how under the radar CFY had been flying, I guess, that they thought it was Silence Wang that had done that. 

The bit about dropping his voice was him impersonating his dad. 

Friend also shared video of him getting mobbed at the airport for today's flight. Poor guy, it's starting to get hairy for him with the fans lol 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4383591058242339

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Found it!! The clip with his singing starts at around minute 22. Enjoy!!

https://glb.m.mgtv.com/b/327224/5820897.html

For context, the skit with the singing at the end is a challenge where they have to convince the groups holding up the paddles with the faces that they performed a song at a cafe. Goes to show how under the radar CFY had been flying, I guess, that they thought it was Silence Wang that had done that. 

The bit about dropping his voice was him impersonating his dad. 

Bless you! Off to watching it now!

You know, I thought CFY singing Shallow in a restaurant;/cafe the other went viral, but apparently like you said, he's still under the radar. Or underestimated? I can't believe people think that was Silence Wang. They don't even have the same type of voice!

Oh well, with popularity, less and less of privacy will ensue. I admire him for remaining calm... and expressionless LOL. It's twice as hard for him because of his family background. I've seen people mocking his nationality, bringing up his father's past, etc. Like I said before, with his growing popularity following the success of MBS and his other projects, we could except even harsher words and attacks to him and his family. I hope he remains steadfast in fulfilling his dreams. 

• Love 2

37 minutes ago, caranita said:

Bless you! Off to watching it now!

You know, I thought CFY singing Shallow in a restaurant;/cafe the other went viral, but apparently like you said, he's still under the radar. Or underestimated? I can't believe people think that was Silence Wang. They don't even have the same type of voice!

I got a bit more info on the skit. Here's what friend said, from the start:

"A few tidbits so far: 
After they did the intro dancing, the lady in white ratted out cfy and said hey you didn't really dance.  Cfy says I forgot hahaha. The tall guy from the movie also got ratted for not dancing 

When they were standing together the lady asked them all to sit down because between these two very tall guys she looks like she's on her knees 

Then the next portion is that each of them is to perform a talent that their dads requested.  pretty sure that's where shallow comes from.  They have to guess which of the people on the left is going to perform the talent and the people on the left will try to convince that they are the one.  Don't quite understand the 1st one, I think it's a special way to put on colored contacts?  The boys were almost immediately eliminated but they tried tell stories.  Cfy says his dad asked him to wear it  because he has the smallest eyes in the family and the contacts will make them bigger lol. of course nobody believed him but he kept on with it as if he hasn't heard them.  I can see that he actually might be pretty funny in real life, like more of a dry sense of humor.  

So it turns out to be the Not Haotian girl - I am so bad with the names, to be the winner.  She basically puts on some contacts but flicking it in on the back of her nail.  Silence Wong looked a bit grossed out by it lol

The next talent in happy camp is who is the school announcer. They didn't believe cfy because his face was red when he was telling his story and they could tell he was lying hehe"

He's so pure, love it. I think I mistated it, it wasn't guess who did that performance but who has performed in a cafe or who sings while playing guitar or something like that, maybe? My friend is still watching the show so I'll post more updates when I hear back from her! 

37 minutes ago, caranita said:

Oh well, with popularity, less and less of privacy will ensue. I admire him for remaining calm... and expressionless LOL. It's twice as hard for him because of his family background. I've seen people mocking his nationality, bringing up his father's past, etc. Like I said before, with his growing popularity following the success of MBS and his other projects, we could except even harsher words and attacks to him and his family. I hope he remains steadfast in fulfilling his dreams. 

Agreed! Me too :)

• Thanks 2