[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

8 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Yesss really hoping that LoA doesnt have the same thing like Novoland Eagle Flag :weary:

Regarding LoA... I dunno ladies... isn't LoA supposed to be broadcast by Zhejiang TV too? Oh well, still hoping for the best, for both! I was beyond disappointed with Novoland postponement :((((

30 minutes ago, mei2018 said:

Happy camp!

Yayyy!! He'll be singing Shallow! Can't wait to see the full performance!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, epinklyn said:

And that, my friends, was when the kiss needed to happen. *sigh* his approach was so awkward, too. I guess it was nothing short of a miracle that he was there at all and that they ran into each other, so asking for him to do a 180 and embrace her would've been too much. 

No Friday showtimes yet, I'm so sad! 

33 minutes ago, caranita said:

Sameeeeee!!!! I was listening to Hold Me Down and thinking how apt the lyrics are for both of them, but especially for YH. It speaks of his misery and longing for GG. I remember reading a criticism about YH's crying & deleting photos of them from his cellphone, as if he didn't mature, that after 7 years he should've been able to heal and move on.

Of course I have a totally different view :). GG has become the most important person for YH, after his mom. He was studying hard to fulfil his mom's expectation, but he was happy going to school because he knew he'd see GG there. (Random note: Do you remember when GG decides to join the science class, to YH's big surprise? The way he gazes at her, that melancholy mixing with disbelief look, oh so heart melting and knee weakening :wub:.)

Reveal hidden contents

Their pictures are YH's link to his youth, the period when he enjoys himself the most despite all the school demands and shortcomings in life, when he is at his best. Those pictures (basically his sweet memories) help him through his hardest time. He probably never thought how strong GG's feelings for him remain. He doesn't want to drag her down with him, so he leaves her, deletes their pictures to cut the ties to their happy past, and he cries, thinking he'll never see her again. He's been suppressing his own feelings for the longest time. 

I agree 100% with your views. If people criticized him for not getting over it in 7 yrs, they should've critized her harder. She's successful, well-adjusted, and could've moved on, but chose not to because she loves him. Meanwhile, he didn't move on because his heartbreak was too deep and compounded by so many circumstances. To feel unworthy like he does, wow, that's a deep abyss to climb out of. 

Spoiler

Him deleting the pictures from the phone while crying is making me cry all over again now, lol! That for me was the saddest scene. It signified for me that he was unwilling to cross over after having found an opening into her world again. 

But I suppose he had many openings throughout the years - from the moment he hid crying behind the tree, through getting information about her through her friends, till the end, it was always him hiding. Her leaving for Beijing made it difficult, but he still chose to hide. So deleting the pictures, while, sad, was very in character for him. 

She probably didn't try to kiss him again since he'd rejected her and wasn't probably sure what the heck he was about. And then he didn't have the balls to do it himself. Grrrrr 

And yes, his change from having the seat next to him empty to her walking in and sitting down - that was a big smile moment :wub:

40 minutes ago, caranita said:

Regarding LoA... I dunno ladies... isn't LoA supposed to be broadcast by Zhejiang TV too? Oh well, still hoping for the best, for both! I was beyond disappointed with Novoland postponement :((((

Yayyy!! He'll be singing Shallow! Can't wait to see the full performance!

No idea how the bans are working, but I was also very sad about novoland. Sorry for the off-topic link, but could be relevant in terms of costume dramas overall. Had you read this? :

https://www.whatsonweibo.com/no-novoland-this-really-is-a-tough-year-for-chinese-costume-dramas/

He and Shallow.. Haha he needs to sing the full song already, sheesh. So many teases with snippets. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

So happy!https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4381055961930557

1. MBS has ranked #1 in Daily Box office since Monday.  Today its accumulated box office is equal to the higher profile Chasing Dragon 2. I feel so good since Wong Jing so maliciously smeared it. 

2. CFY gain about 600,000 more followers of his weibo since the released of the movie.

Now he has 7.1 mil followers.

It  is a testament that he really did well in the movie. People like his performance

• Love 3

5 hours ago, caranita said:

Sameeeeee!!!! I was listening to Hold Me Down and thinking how apt the lyrics are for both of them, but especially for YH. It speaks of his misery and longing for GG. I remember reading a criticism about YH's crying & deleting photos of them from his cellphone, as if he didn't mature, that after 7 years he should've been able to heal and move on.

4 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Him deleting the pictures from the phone while crying is making me cry all over again now, lol! That for me was the saddest scene. It signified for me that he was unwilling to cross over after having found an opening into her world again. 

Okay i will listening to it more and more! Actually i am listening right now! I think i can link both of your awesome description for Yu Huai's feeling to GG and picturize it like puzzles from the trailers and clips.

(Random note: Do you remember when GG decides to join the science class, to YH's big surprise? The way he gazes at her, that melancholy mixing with disbelief look, oh so heart melting and knee weakening :wub:.)

This one?

Screenshot-20190613-005814-Video-Player.

4 hours ago, Lbpg said:

But I suppose he had many openings throughout the years - from the moment he hid crying behind the tree, through getting information about her through her friends, till the end, it was always him hiding. Her leaving for Beijing made it difficult, but he still chose to hide. So deleting the pictures, while, sad, was very in character for him.

Surpressing a feeling is so hard to do and very unhealthy, it is damaging the mind and soul, so i think cfy's acting should be good for showing this YH's condition, what do you ladies thinking about it?

OOT: i was watching ZheJiang channel from last Tue until yesterday Tue, but they keep showing Running Man China, i think as long they dont show a new series, could be a good sign, maybe they are working for it. Keeping finger crossed!

4 hours ago, Lbpg said:

He and Shallow.. Haha he needs to sing the full song already, sheesh. So many teases with snippets.

Hahahaha yeah the almost full version only when he performed in restaurant in XiaMen couple months ago. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mei2018 said:

1. MBS has ranked #1 in Daily Box office since Monday.  Today its accumulated box office is equal to the higher profile Chasing Dragon 2. I feel so good since Wong Jing so maliciously smeared it. 

2. CFY gain about 600,000 more followers of his weibo since the released of the movie.

It  is a testament that he really did well in the movie. People like his performance

Yeahhhh i read it too! So happy! If the movie is really suck, any tricks like ghost field will never save the day! This three days consecutive box office has prove the film is very good and only show ones jealously bad intention to the film. I believe the film has success to touch many people's heart with their high school memories and of course their love story. Simple story but the production team can make it naturally alive to the audiences. Ohhh how i wish i can watch it!!!

• Love 1

Good article! 

【陈飞宇的哭戏自然有感染力,颜值也很有少年感,不愧是星二代!】

https://mi.mbd.baidu.com/wnq5kmc?f=cp&u=f76f523fc56497bb

Chen Feiyu's crying drama is naturally appealing, and the value of the face is also very young. It is worthy of the second generation of the stars!

"The Best of Us" occupies a whole number of youth memories after ninety-nine, and now the movie version has also been released. Director Zhang Disha, starring Chen Feiyu and He Lanjia, is a youth campus movie. It was released on June 6, 2019, with a total length of 110 minutes, Douban score of 5.8, and cat eye box office of RMB 180 million.

The youth film and television drama has become the scent of the market. Now, on average, every month, there will be at least one new youth movie. The production of youth film and television drama is low, the cost is low, the policy risk is small, and the profit rate is high. It is IP, so it is not to be missed. Compared to TV series, the movie version has not changed much.

In fact, Yu Huai took care of his mother while attending school. He still tried to complete all the credits in three years, and finally got a scholarship to study in the United States. He then opened a photography studio through his own efforts after graduation. Some of them didn't reveal too much in the movie. For such an open ending, many people also think that Yuhuai and Yu have come together. After all, the two have always liked each other, but the two did not come together because of various practical factors.

He Lanjiao and Chen Feiyu are similar in age, and the youthful breath is coming out. Although Tan Songyun and Liu Yuran are already in front of Zhuyu, the performance of the photo album is also very good. He Lanjiao and Chen Feiyu are still very cp-like. The most important thing is that there is really a sense of youth. Many viewers have returned to the pure love of the student era.

He Lan is the original name of He Lan, and it is really appropriate to play it. She was born in 1999, and she is even younger, and her ghost horse is even smaller. He Lanju was the first to be noticed by everyone in the small coffee show. The iconic bangs and funny expression made He Lan famous. Because it was more funny, the stage name was added to make it more impressive.

Speaking of Chen Feiyu, there should be many people who don't know who he is, but if you talk about his father, you must know that Chen Feiyu's father is Chen Kaige, a big director. Many of the works he has photographed before have been mentioned. I have been awarded a prize. It can be said that it is very powerful. I believe that his son will definitely not be worse. This time, the best of us, in fact, the pressure is still very big. After all, there was a drama version broadcast a few years ago, and the effect of the broadcast was very good, so this time remake into a photo version for each The starring role is a big challenge. ,

Chen Feiyu's acting skills are still very good, especially the crying drama that ended soon. Many people who watched the movie said that crying is naturally appealing. The value of Yan is also very young. How do you feel that the netizen said: A good movie, acting really good." "Delete the photo there, cry me." "I still like the decadence of Yu Huai, Chen Feiyu played well, caught my heart." "Chen Feiyu's sense of youth is really not blowing. Ah! The crying scene is really super let me enter the show." Chen Feiyu's crying scene is naturally appealing, and the value of the face is also very young, it is worthy of the second generation!

----------------------

The ones bolded about YuHuai took care of his sick mother while he attend school and open a photography store, they are not exist in the drama version. I havent read the novel so dont which one is more faithfull to the novel. But since August ChangAn also the join the script writer team in MBS, so most probably it more faithfull to the novel.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

This one?

Yessss... that's the one. I remember you posted this picture a while ago (before the movie came out) and gushed about it. I swear it's even better in motion! I know it's not the right thing to do, but I'll look out to see if there's a streaming site having the movie already. For the record, I've requested Netflix to get both Ever Night and My Best Summer. If you ladies have Netflix account, please do so. Or you can ask your friends who do to make similar request :). Who knows, if there are enough votes, Netflix will pick them up!

6 hours ago, Lbpg said:

I agree 100% with your views. If people criticized him for not getting over it in 7 yrs, they should've critized her harder. She's successful, well-adjusted, and could've moved on, but chose not to because she loves him. Meanwhile, he didn't move on because his heartbreak was too deep and compounded by so many circumstances. To feel unworthy like he does, wow, that's a deep abyss to climb out of. 

Reveal hidden contents

She probably didn't try to kiss him again since he'd rejected her and wasn't probably sure what the heck he was about. And then he didn't have the balls to do it himself. Grrrrr 

Well said! I also think he always monitors her whereabouts from the only other guy in their circle of friends? No wonder GG is so disappointed that he has -- like you said before -- so little faith in her and her genuineness towards him. 

4 hours ago, mei2018 said:

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Yeahhhh i read it too! So happy! If the movie is really suck, any tricks like ghost field will never save the day! This three days consecutive box office has prove the film is very good and only show ones jealously bad intention to the film. I believe the film has success to touch many people's heart with their high school memories and of course their love story. Simple story but the production team can make it naturally alive to the audiences. Ohhh how i wish i can watch it!!!

Yes, it's topped the box office for a few consecutive days. I'm hoping MBS will stay atop this whole week. Totally agree with @epinklyn that some trick won't be able to sustain its popularity, especially after the "trick" -- if there was even any -- is widely publicized. I'm glad they're taking the high road by quickly rebutting it, but refusing to engage further in war of words with the alleging party. Let the truth speak for itself. So happy to see Arthur gain more followers -- I hope HLD does too, since I really like her performance here. 

1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

Good article! 

【陈飞宇的哭戏自然有感染力,颜值也很有少年感,不愧是星二代!】

https://mi.mbd.baidu.com/wnq5kmc?f=cp&u=f76f523fc56497bb

Chen Feiyu's crying drama is naturally appealing, and the value of the face is also very young. It is worthy of the second generation of the stars!

"The Best of Us" occupies a whole number of youth memories after ninety-nine, and now the movie version has also been released. Director Zhang Disha, starring Chen Feiyu and He Lanjia, is a youth campus movie. It was released on June 6, 2019, with a total length of 110 minutes, Douban score of 5.8, and cat eye box office of RMB 180 million.

The youth film and television drama has become the scent of the market. Now, on average, every month, there will be at least one new youth movie. The production of youth film and television drama is low, the cost is low, the policy risk is small, and the profit rate is high. It is IP, so it is not to be missed. Compared to TV series, the movie version has not changed much.

In fact, Yu Huai took care of his mother while attending school. He still tried to complete all the credits in three years, and finally got a scholarship to study in the United States. He then opened a photography studio through his own efforts after graduation. Some of them didn't reveal too much in the movie. For such an open ending, many people also think that Yuhuai and Yu have come together. After all, the two have always liked each other, but the two did not come together because of various practical factors.

He Lanjiao and Chen Feiyu are similar in age, and the youthful breath is coming out. Although Tan Songyun and Liu Yuran are already in front of Zhuyu, the performance of the photo album is also very good. He Lanjiao and Chen Feiyu are still very cp-like. The most important thing is that there is really a sense of youth. Many viewers have returned to the pure love of the student era.

He Lan is the original name of He Lan, and it is really appropriate to play it. She was born in 1999, and she is even younger, and her ghost horse is even smaller. He Lanju was the first to be noticed by everyone in the small coffee show. The iconic bangs and funny expression made He Lan famous. Because it was more funny, the stage name was added to make it more impressive.

Speaking of Chen Feiyu, there should be many people who don't know who he is, but if you talk about his father, you must know that Chen Feiyu's father is Chen Kaige, a big director. Many of the works he has photographed before have been mentioned. I have been awarded a prize. It can be said that it is very powerful. I believe that his son will definitely not be worse. This time, the best of us, in fact, the pressure is still very big. After all, there was a drama version broadcast a few years ago, and the effect of the broadcast was very good, so this time remake into a photo version for each The starring role is a big challenge. ,

Chen Feiyu's acting skills are still very good, especially the crying drama that ended soon. Many people who watched the movie said that crying is naturally appealing. The value of Yan is also very young. How do you feel that the netizen said: A good movie, acting really good." "Delete the photo there, cry me." "I still like the decadence of Yu Huai, Chen Feiyu played well, caught my heart." "Chen Feiyu's sense of youth is really not blowing. Ah! The crying scene is really super let me enter the show." Chen Feiyu's crying scene is naturally appealing, and the value of the face is also very young, it is worthy of the second generation!

----------------------

The ones bolded about YuHuai took care of his sick mother while he attend school and open a photography store, they are not exist in the drama version. I havent read the novel so dont which one is more faithfull to the novel. But since August ChangAn also the join the script writer team in MBS, so most probably it more faithfull to the novel.

Thank you so much for the article, also your footnote about that bolded part not existing in the drama. I didn't realize they made Yu Huai a photographer after he graduates from school. It speaks volumes about his attachment to GG -- because GG has always been the one interested in photography :). 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Surpressing a feeling is so hard to do and very unhealthy, it is damaging the mind and soul, so i think cfy's acting should be good for showing this YH's condition, what do you ladies thinking about it?

Yes! From his unkempt appearance, his sadness, the mother made that comment about wanting to see him smile, you can assume he's been deeply affected and he shows it. He did a GREAT job with the intense emotional scenes. I have to give him credit for that, I honestly didn't know he'd have it in him and after reading Nightfall (I'm in sync with the webnovel translations and it's KILLING ME btw lol. Too slow!!) I was thinking DW would be a better fit for this emotional NQ you see often, but NOPE not sold. I'm madder now thinking he got robbed of the opportunity to show his growth but whatever, water under the bridge *sigh*

4 hours ago, caranita said:

Yessss... that's the one. I remember you posted this picture a while ago (before the movie came out) and gushed about it. I swear it's even better in motion! I know it's not the right thing to do, but I'll look out to see if there's a streaming site having the movie already. For the record, I've requested Netflix to get both Ever Night and My Best Summer. If you ladies have Netflix account, please do so. Or you can ask your friends who do to make similar request :). Who knows, if there are enough votes, Netflix will pick them up!

Ahhh those eyes, that look, seriously he pulls it off haha. Good idea about requesting them! I'll do so asap. 

4 hours ago, caranita said:

Well said! I also think he always monitors her whereabouts from the only other guy in their circle of friends? No wonder GG is so disappointed that he has -- like you said before -- so little faith in her and her genuineness towards him. 

Thanks! He does find out by asking mutual friends, so that ups the anger on GG - not only has YH been monitoring her from a distance, her own friend knew and didn't tell her. Double whammy. She did such an amazing job expressing that frustration, I wanted to both give her a hug and hold him down so she could kick his rear. Lol. That's a serious, serious depression he has, for sure. That's the only way I can think of forgiving his behavior. I don't think he did anything out of malice but misdirected sense of what "protecting GG" actually means. 

I don't know why I didn't realize that before, but that's exactly what he's doing. In his mind, he's fulfilling his promise to protect her. Omg... The tears are coming again!!!! (like my stream of consciousness typing there? Hahaha) 

I'm happy they're accruing more fans and that the movie is doing well, that's great news! I started following what looks like HLD on insta - https://instagram.com/woshihelandou

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Yes! From his unkempt appearance, his sadness, the mother made that comment about wanting to see him smile, you can assume he's been deeply affected and he shows it. He did a GREAT job with the intense emotional scenes. I have to give him credit for that, I honestly didn't know he'd have it in him and after reading Nightfall (I'm in sync with the webnovel translations and it's KILLING ME btw lol. Too slow!!) I was thinking DW would be a better fit for this emotional NQ you see often, but NOPE not sold. I'm madder now thinking he got robbed of the opportunity to show his growth but whatever, water under the bridge *sigh*

Ah so many people (especially DW fans) said that, about DW can express more emotion, love emotion better than CFY, of course since NQ in Ever Night 1 is busy with his revenge plan and study, they only have like 10-12 eps to show NQ's true feeling to SS.

And yeah in Secret Fruit, CFY was still very raw, and there is no scenes for CFY's character Duan BoWen that need a deeper emotion, it was more to OYNN's character ChiZi.

So maybe that is one reason from other 101 reasons why CFY doesnt come back as NQ in Ever Night 2.

• Like 3

Ah so many people (especially DW fans) said that, about DW can express more emotion, love emotion better than CFY, of course since NQ in Ever Night 1 is busy with his revenge plan and study, they only have like 10-12 eps to show NQ's true feeling to SS.

Exactly! But yeah, 101+++ who knows what happened but very excited he gets to show what they missed out on. Ha! 

• LOL 1

Is this their first date? I cant stop smiling watching them... :wub:

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4382680150920594/4382682512996628

First and only :( and while we may think of it as such, they didn't acknowledge that that's what it was. He asked her out and when she gets there, all her friends are there too. She's not happy about it (duh!) but when they're all done he reminds her he still owes her a lunch (dinner? I can't remember) and he then takes her out. It's lovely :wub:

A friend offered to go with me tomorrow to the 10pm showing, but the place is like an hour from my house LOL. I'm going to have a think about this.... How badly do I have to go to work on Friday?? Hmmmmmmmm lol

• LOL 2

29 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

Exactly! But yeah, 101+++ who knows what happened but very excited he gets to show what they missed out on. Ha! 

Yeah the good thing is, cfy has proved he can portray 3 different character on 3 different film, not the same and repeat monoton one character. Same theme different characters. And he has developed his acting tremendously, he has learned a lot! Cant wait what is in LoA and the anthology movie!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Lbpg said:

First and only :( and while we may think of it as such, they didn't acknowledge that that's what it was. He asked her out and when she gets there, all her friends are there too. She's not happy about it (duh!) but when they're all done he reminds her he still owes her a lunch (dinner? I can't remember) and he then takes her out. It's lovely :wub:

A friend offered to go with me tomorrow to the 10pm showing, but the place is like an hour from my house LOL. I'm going to have a think about this.... How badly do I have to go to work on Friday?? Hmmmmmmmm lol

ohhhh so the scenes GG jumps to YH is the one YH owes her? which only two of them not with their friends?

you must go!!! LOL so the cinema is near your work office? you mean you just as go to work on friday and continue to watch MBS at 10 pm? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, epinklyn said:

ohhhh so the scenes GG jumps to YH is the one YH owes her? which only two of them not with their friends?

you must go!!! LOL so the cinema is near your work office? you mean you just as go to work on friday and continue to watch MBS at 10 pm? 

The scenes with her wearing the long skirt and him in the blue shirt and the khaki pants are them on that "date", yeah, after their friends leave. The scenes with them playing in an arcade, like air hockey and video games, that's when their friends were with them as extras lol. 

I'm still thinking... It's an hour drive home from work, then another hour to the movie, then 2 hrs to watch, then maybe 45 mins to drive back... That's a long night! I'm too old for this hahahaha but it's CFY sooooo yeah, thinking still haha

• LOL 1

What is GG n friends wanted from YH??? :joy:

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4382817053017158/4382817246558023

Ha! Her friends are giving her advice on how to get him to like her (like that's the problem.... Ahhhhh they're all so clueless lol) so they stalk them at this restaurant (they were studying there. He's always helping her with schoolwork) and give her 2 beers to drink and share with YH, I can't remember what the end result they wanted was, I think to get him drunk? Didn't work... She's the one that got drunk lol. The friends were sitting in another table in disguise. 

The scene where she's in a bus and he's riding his bike next to her, that was the first move her friends taught her: lose your bike keys "accidentally" so he had to give you a ride back home on his bike. He ends up putting her on a bus instead, but while she's in it, he realizes he should've offered to ride on his bike, so he chases after her. It's sweet :)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

I'm still thinking... It's an hour drive home from work, then another hour to the movie, then 2 hrs to watch, then maybe 45 mins to drive back... That's a long night! I'm too old for this hahahaha but it's CFY sooooo yeah, thinking still haha

Hmmmm it will pass midnight though, is it safe for you? maybe you can suggest earlier schedule? Like 8 pm? Or change location nearer to your work or home? 

24 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

Ha! Her friends are giving her advice on how to get him to like her (like that's the problem.... Ahhhhh they're all so clueless lol) so they stalk them at this restaurant (they were studying there. He's always helping her with schoolwork) and give her 2 beers to drink and share with YH, I can't remember what the end result they wanted was, I think to get him drunk? Didn't work... She's the one that got drunk lol. The friends were sitting in another table in disguise. 

The scene where she's in a bus and he's riding his bike next to her, that was the first move her friends taught her: lose your bike keys "accidentally" so he had to give you a ride back home on his bike. He ends up putting her on a bus instead, but while she's in it, he realizes he should've offered to ride on his bike, so he chases after her. It's sweet :)

Awwwwwww i am smiling reading your review, really really they were in the age of clueless LOL, cfy looks so cute and handsome in that scene, YH like want to do anything for GG, but he wondered why GG asking something so weird LOL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1