[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

@caranita thanks for the spoiler tag :wub: I know it's lightweight fare, but I appreciate coming into it relatively unspoiled haha. @epinklyn I have tickets for Sunday afternoon, so about 15 hours (and counting!) from now. I'm a cryer, I cried so much on EN (the scene where they bury Darkie killed me! That Tan WeiWei song kills me still! Reading many, MANY, parts of the novel has made me cry ugly tears, too.) I'm looking forward to a good few tears on this one. 

Who is Yang Chaoyue? 

It seems that the happy camp and back to field episodes are on the same day? 

@caranita I'm not surprised they didn't put the evening guests songs in the movie, but disappointed. Trailer songs are not always included in movie soundtracks (I remember watching one that had a U2 song in the trailer and I found it wasn't in the movie and I swear I was just mad!) At least I can listen to those on Spotify.. The CFY cover of the theme song is nowhere to be found and I'm thinking it won't get published for US subs. Bah. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Preview Interview YOHO Girl, tomorrow aired.

http://n.miaopai.com/media/NShUygyg~4hIlOhdu5MYo~8QvRVP5qj0.htm

They are so cute! I've come to liking He Landou a lot -- the girl's got talent! 

2 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Who is Yang Chaoyue? 

Yang Chaoyue is the actress playing Haotian -- Sang Sang's divine identity in EN 2.

40 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

My Best Summer preview clip from TikTok

Ahahahah, this is one of the hilarious scenes! :joy: Dang, I miss the movie again!

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Another preview, wow they released so many preview :sweatingbullets:. In here Yu Huai is singing, but i guess it is not FeiYu's voice?

http://n.miaopai.com/media/UtJs8CvHKmgR1BX4dQsoXfKBaqIbfzGI

Ahahahaha yeahhhhhh definitely not. Too bad! Feels so weird to watch :vicx: song is lovely, tho. 

6 hours ago, caranita said:

Yang Chaoyue is the actress playing Haotian -- Sang Sang's divine identity in EN 2

Ooooh! Interesting coincidence. Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 1

I am glad to report that his weibo’ followers have increased by 300,000 within 3 days. Wow!

Most of the comments were very positive for the movie and EVERYONE were saying that he is very handsome and charming!

Sometime, I think that being too handsome Is both a blessing and an obstacle.

Obviously, his acting must be good because, people would not feel the charm if the person was acting badly. However, because he is too handsome, people would mention the handsomeness first.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, mei2018 said:

I am glad to report that his weibo’ followers have increased by 300,000 within 3 days. Wow!

Most of the comments were very positive for the movie and EVERYONE were saying that he is very handsome and charming!

Obviously, his acting must be good because, people would not feel the charm if the person was acting badly. However, because he is too handsome, people would mention the handsomeness first.

Woww more n more people recognize his existence and talent! Of course so many handsome actors exist but are they talented too? Ah really curious about his YuHuai huaaaaaaaaa!!!

• LOL 1

6 hours ago, mei2018 said:

That's fantastic! 

You nail it, his acting DOES reinforce his charm. When I see him in interviews or in events, all I see is a good looking, awkward and shy boy. But if you see him in My Best Summer, he's a very charming heartthrob.

Spoiler

I totally understand why many fans of the drama and the book are not comfortable with him, because Yu Huai is supposed to be an ordinary high schooler with boyish charm. Arthur's Yu Huai is a hot young man!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

【上座率29%夺第一,《将夜》之后,陈飞宇新作又要爆了?】

https://rr.mbd.baidu.com/krz10ce?f=cp&u=7e384638177a6af4

The attendance rate was 29%, and after the "Night", Chen Feiyu's new work was about to explode again?

The lively Dragon Boat Festival has finally arrived, and the box office market has ushered in a number of new films, including many of the Marvel Super Blocks such as "X-Men: Black Phoenix", which set off a new wave of watching movies!

The Chinese film to be said today is equally powerful. The first day of attendance is 29%, and after the "Night", Chen Feiyu's new work is about to explode again?

It is the movie "The Best of Us."

"The Best of Us" is starring Chen Feiyu and He Lanjia. The film is adapted from the novel of the same name of Chang'an in August. It tells the story of the high school students who have been associated with the name by Yu and Yu Huai. They grew up together during the three years of high school. The story of reunion, officially released on June 6, 2019.

Although it is a Dragon Boat Festival file, but the film began as a small cost youth film, not very optimistic, after all, its opponent is too strong!

The top Hollywood blockbuster "X-Men: Black Phoenix", as the first Marvel work after "Re-Link 4", is expected. At present, its first day at the box office of 87.03 million is the first, in any case, this Dragon Boat Festival box office champion has been ten!

The "Chasing Dragon 2" starring Liang Jiahui Gu Tianle also came to the fore. The "Chasing Dragon" released in 2017 sold more than 500 million. This sequel to the box office is also very much expected. If you accidentally break through the 1 billion mark, it is A real Dragon Boat seed player.

Under the suppression of so many big films, the "Best of Us" first day box office was only 25.95 million, ranking third, really not very good. However, the film's attendance rate is surprisingly high, reaching 29% of the horror, 7.9% of the film scored 13.1% of the box office, the cat's eye score of 8.9 crowned the audience, no doubt, another box office dark horse coming!

The performance of several protagonists in the film is quite good. The heroine Chen Feiyu has been very popular recently. The previous performance of "The Night" was a great success. It was praised as the most successful fantasy drama. The Douban score was as high as 7.5. After "The Night", Chen Feiyu's new "Best of Us" will become a box office dark horse, really amazing!

Thanks to the super high attendance rate of "Best of Us", the second day of the show has skyrocketed from 7.9% to 20%. According to this trend, it can take a few days to "X-Men: Black Phoenix." "Competing for the position of the Japanese crown...

In the past few months, the box office market has been the world of Hollywood blockbusters. From "Reunion 4" to "Detective Pikachu" and "Godzilla 2", Chinese films can be said to have no power to fight back. Now with the "Best of Us" reputation, it may become the first Chinese film champion in the 2019 summer!

Under the impact of the chasing dragons 2 and the best of us, the one-day box office champion will be re-mastered by Chinese films, let us wait and see!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay, ladies, just got back from watching our guy on the big screen. I cried (I have a feeling you would have too, @epinklyn), I laughed, I wished it would go on for 60 episodes. What can I say, it filled my heart :D

I agree with what you mentioned before in the spoiler tag, @caranita. Some answers to your questions and additional info below.. 

Spoiler

The story with the teacher was completely flat and I didn't develop any attachment to it. I couldn't understand why they were crying then I realized the whole 4 days before the examination from the following scene matched what he was writing on the board. Still, no connection. 

The other thing that got me confused was how no one changed even though three years had passed. It was the same room, teacher, classmates, looks, everything was the same. So making the connection from the start of their deskmate-ship to that scene where they're all crying, it was a huge leap. 

@caranita, the "freak" character is referenced when Yu Huai asks GG to give back the physics notebook, and she and her friends are reading through it and discover the name of that beautiful girl in school who that boy had a crush on (she's never on scene, right?). So that's the reference, though I thought it was the supposed to be that tall Junior at the start of the 1st year, not this other guy. Meh. But I understood that YH was mad at GG laughing at this guy having a secret crush, since he himself did. He must've felt alluded to.

Agreed also that the mom was a flat character, but she came around in that scene where she's sick, telling him she just wants to see him smile. Too little too late, lady. That poor guy was already broken. 

The theme song, I believe it's CFY's version, is played while GG plays the video to her friends around the table at that outdoor restaurant. The feelings that He Landou portrays are intense in those 2018 scenes. I bow to her, loved her acting. 

And the scene in the boat where she almost kisses him is in the end credits. Ha! Little teaser there. But nothing different than what you see in the trailer. I was also sad to see many of those trailer scenes were part of montages and not meaningful interactions, but yeah the movie was already close to 2 hrs long. 

And about the ending... 

Spoiler

Also, where was the kiss omg!!? That ending was needing a kiss so badly! I liked how she jumped him earlier, FINALLY one of them grew a pair, but it would've been nice to see a willing YH... Grrrrr... 

Bottom line, can't wait for Legend of Awakening, more CFY now please. I will definitely watch the movie again next weekend if it's still playing B)

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Lbpg said:

I agree with what you mentioned before in the spoiler tag, @caranita. Some answers to your questions and additional info below.. 

Reveal hidden contents

The story with the teacher was completely flat and I didn't develop any attachment to it. I couldn't understand why they were crying then I realized the whole 4 days before the examination from the following scene matched what he was writing on the board. Still, no connection. 

The other thing that got me confused was how no one changed even though three years had passed. It was the same room, teacher, classmates, looks, everything was the same. So making the connection from the start of their deskmate-ship to that scene where they're all crying, it was a huge leap. 

@caranita, the "freak" character is referenced when Yu Huai asks GG to give back the physics notebook, and she and her friends are reading through it and discover the name of that beautiful girl in school who that boy had a crush on (she's never on scene, right?). So that's the reference, though I thought it was the supposed to be that tall Junior at the start of the 1st year, not this other guy. Meh. But I understood that YH was mad at GG laughing at this guy having a secret crush, since he himself did. He must've felt alluded to.

Agreed also that the mom was a flat character, but she came around in that scene where she's sick, telling him she just wants to see him smile. Too little too late, lady. That poor guy was already broken. 

The theme song, I believe it's CFY's version, is played while GG plays the video to her friends around the table at that outdoor restaurant. The feelings that He Landou portrays are intense in those 2018 scenes. I bow to her, loved her acting. 

And the scene in the boat where she almost kisses him is in the end credits. Ha! Little teaser there. But nothing different than what you see in the trailer. I was also sad to see many of those trailer scenes were part of montages and not meaningful interactions, but yeah the movie was already close to 2 hrs long. 

Thank you! Like I said before, I missed some parts. Maybe because I was too focused on YH-GG on screen.

Spoiler

Sitting with the same deskmates for several consecutive years is actually quite typical in Asian countries. But same teacher.. I dunno. Maybe that's how it is in China?

Regarding Mr. Freak's (not-so-secret) crush, could it be he (Mr. Freak) likes that girl, who happens to date the tall guy? That's why the girl's name is on the tall guy's book.

1 hour ago, Lbpg said:

And about the ending... 

Reveal hidden contents

Also, where was the kiss omg!!? That ending was needing a kiss so badly! I liked how she jumped him earlier, FINALLY one of them grew a pair, but it would've been nice to see a willing YH... Grrrrr... 

Spoiler

OMG I totally agree about the kiss! When GG ... um... force kisses YH, I was expecting him to finally kiss her back! They're not high schoolers anymore, but two grown adults. Or he resists first, then caves in. Or if we want to make it more dramatic, he resists first, caves in and pulls back abruptly before fleeing off. (See, I can be very creative here LOL) They could've also ended the movie with a kissing scene under that tree! 

But maybe because CFY at shooting time was still legally a minor, he couldn't have a consensual kissing scene as per China's regulation. SIGHHHHHHH

I also love the scene of GG confronting YH about his feelings (his "tattoo" -- he must've covered it so it remains there for seven frickin' years).

PS. One more thing: in my opinion, CFY's Yu Huai is someone who's actually more mature than most of his classmates, thanks to his personal situation. He's also quite grim. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, caranita said:

Thank you! Like I said before, I missed some parts. Maybe because I was too focused on YH-GG on screen.

Reveal hidden contents

Sitting with the same deskmates for several consecutive years is actually quite typical in Asian countries. But same teacher.. I dunno. Maybe that's how it is in China?

Regarding Mr. Freak's (not-so-secret) crush, could it be he (Mr. Freak) likes that girl, who happens to date the tall guy? That's why the girl's name is on the tall guy's book.

I found myself struggling to capture everything and keep up with the subs. I grew up watching movies with Spanish subs every time so you'd think I'm used to this, but I just wanted to focus on the expressions so much, I missed part of the dialogues. But I wanted to make sure I could report back here as many details as I could hahaha

Spoiler

I think the teacher said during that crying scene that that was his first year teaching. I've no clue... That whole thing just confused the heck out of me, but it was inconsequential lol.

And I think you're right, that girl must have been the top guy's gf. I'm surprised he and CFY were featured together in promo stills, even tho the guy was on screen for less than one minute. 

Regarding another comment you made, I agree the singing was cheesy (but good thing they changed the song. It was a little bit too party hard-line for my taste. I don't like my Sunday afternoons with a side of blatant propaganda, thanks!) and the dubbing with some strange voice was super cringey. The way he stared at her at the end, tho, how did that not lead to a confession? Forget about the bus stop acting, etc... So many missed opportunities, but I guess the influence his mom had on him was that strong. 

1 hour ago, caranita said:

Reveal hidden contents

OMG I totally agree about the kiss! When GG ... um... force kisses YH, I was expecting him to finally kiss her back! They're not high schoolers anymore, but two grown adults. Or he resists first, then caves in. Or if we want to make it more dramatic, he resists first, caves in and pulls back abruptly before fleeing off. (See, I can be very creative here LOL) They could've also ended the movie with a kissing scene under that tree! 

But maybe because CFY at shooting time was still legally a minor, he couldn't have a consensual kissing scene as per China's regulation. SIGHHHHHHH

I also love the scene of GG confronting YH about his feelings (his "tattoo" -- he must've covered it so it remains there for seven frickin' years).

PS. One more thing: in my opinion, CFY's Yu Huai is someone who's actually more mature than most of his classmates, thanks to his personal situation. He's also quite grim. 

Spoiler

Love your imagination :wub: we're definitely in sync there. I was like GG you go get some! But yessss... Perhaps 18 is still too young? Idk I'm too used to American stuff still lol. But it does make you enjoy those hand-holding scenes all the more, no? I had to suppress giggles every time those gigantor hands of his grabbed her dainy ones. 

Agree on his level of maturity. For example, the way he helps her when he notices she doesn't get the lesson is really sweet and protective of her. 

Spoiler

One of the heartbreaking scenes was that radio interview where "the freak" shares what YH told him in the rain. YH identified so much with him, perhaps admired his courage and wanted to draw his from him. Agreed that grim is also the right word, though the way he handled himself from the moment she was left waiting for him by the school gate until he erased the pics she sent him shows little faith in her ability to withstand his adversity and help him through it. A bit too white-knight-ey for my taste but that's drama for ya. Kinda needlessly grim, perhaps, but I'm sure the way he was raised, he didn't have the tools to deal with it otherwise. 

I love her own development, from the moment she decides to be the highest peach atop the tree. You go, GG! 

Oh! And the tattoo! I loved it how he kept it as a memory of her, perhaps as encouragement, as it was originally intended. It was a really nice touch, I think. 

What did you think of the wig, though? I found it soooo distracting LOL

Edited by Lbpg
Too many details, must add more lol
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Ah i saw this pic! I thought they were kissing on the sofa, since the drama version did that. I mean their (movie version) position is already on position LOL! Oh well i guess like @caranita said, illegal for cfy doing that in China although he is U.S citizen...

But in Legend of Awakening there is also kissing scene, hmmm so it will be censored or they were just pretending, no zooming lips with lips yeah? Early dissapoinment LOL, two beautiful ladies passed just like that! Poor him and poor them LOL!

6 hours ago, caranita said:

Hmm i just saw a clip on weibo where showing YuHuai's mom admitted to hospital, and then YuHuai crying while holding a form maybe university entry form, there is no such scene in the drama, Yu Huai's mom sick only be told by Yu Huai to GengGeng when they were met by chance in hospital after GengGeng keep looking for him everywhere.

5 hours ago, Lbpg said:

So confirmed, cfy using a wig, not his real long hair huaaaaaaa, and not as natural as like in ever night's wig? Oh well... As long as not making cfy funny and less handsome, i can still accept it. He looks like Vic Chou with that wig, in the restaurant scene.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Lbpg said:

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

So confirmed, cfy using a wig, not his real long hair huaaaaaaa, and not as natural as like in ever night's wig? Oh well... As long as not making cfy funny and less handsome, i can still accept it. He looks like Vic Chou with that wig, in the restaurant scene.

Yeah, apparently it's a wig! I'm not fond of it, but I don't hate it either. I would prefer his longer hair during his EN shooting time -- now that's perfect. They should've shot the last part first, so he didn't have to cut his hair after EN. Which one was HLD's real hair, the short one or the long one?

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

But in Legend of Awakening there is also kissing scene, hmmm so it will be censored or they were just pretending, no zooming lips with lips yeah? Early dissapoinment LOL, two beautiful ladies passed just like that! Poor him and poor them LOL!

I read somewhere that Cheng Xiao was really nervous prior to shooting the kissing scene in Legend of Awakening. It's said she couldn't understand why CFY was so calm about it. Ha! Apparently it's because that wouldn't be his first on screen kiss, LOL. But from the clips, I think they just positioned their heads so when shot from a certain distance it will look like they're kissing.

So, in 4 days of showing, MBS has gained nearly 190 million yuan or approx USD 25 million. It currently ranks 4 for the cumulative number, after Dark Phoenix, Godzilla, and Chasing the Dragon II. There's an English site that shows the China box office: http://english.entgroup.cn/boxoffice/cn/. The site provides both daily numbers and weekly numbers. Unfortunately, the site sometimes gets down. So I also check other box office sites like http://cbooo.cn/ or http://58921.com/boxoffice/live (both in Chinese). What makes me happy is there's a growing viewing trend for MBS, and yesterday (Sunday) it even topped the chart, beating Dark Phoenix! I think the marketing people are doing a great job, doing roadshows, preview screenings, cool trailers and MVs, and of course pushing the date earlier. But its sustaining power is due to the movie itself. I'm sure there are thousands there who are like me and @Lbpg , will go see the movie multiple times (time permit). 

• Love 2

19 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

They have kissed ladies!

Indeed, there IS a kiss! But that was her kissing him, and he resisted.. grrrhhhhh! That's why I imagined WHAT COULD'VE BEENs :lol:. We need a proper kiss!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2