[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

Remember his dad said about being an actor not because aftering fame, but he cant avoid it yeah? Now the whole world keep an eye of his every single move, like now he just went admission test for college, he is already trending topic on weibo and getting on the news. I am happy and sad for him :sweatingbullets:.

https://fx.weico.net/share/59116145.html?weibo_id=4341794592331111

Screenshot-20190220-153704-Weibo-Intl.jp

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Remember his dad said about being an actor not because aftering fame, but he cant avoid it yeah? Now the whole world keep an eye of his every single move, like now he just went admission test for college, he is already trending topic on weibo and getting on the news. I am happy and sad for him :sweatingbullets:.

Yeah, I'm wary about this too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Screenshot-20190220-153704-Weibo-Intl.jp

I am happy that he decides to get admission exam in China, so he still can have some projects while studying.

He looks so like a normal collage kid.^^ 

He will need to learn and adapt to the fame that comes with his success.I think that he can do it. He is mentally mature than his age.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rhaps said:

It's hard to avoid popularity for someone like him. If he doesnt like one, then perhaps he can choose to be a 2nd lead, like what Qiao Zhenyu used to do (then again, wont he be too stand out as one?) . Or he can work in a serious project in the future, instead of young popular ones like what he is currently taking. Well, that needs time.

i have to search Qiao ZhenYu in google, so he was specialized in 2nd lead? but like you have said, CFY has the main lead aura, so maybe he can be 2nd lead but because he likes the character in the movie/series and he is the one choose to be it. 

btw in twitter there is rumour that CFY and LHR will act together on CKG project. I really hoping this is true!

3 hours ago, mei2018 said:

I am happy that he decides to get admission exam in China, so he still can have some projects while studying.

He looks so like a normal collage kid.^^ 

He will need to learn and adapt to the fame that comes with his success.I think that he can do it. He is mentally mature than his age.

actually i prefer he study in US, in there he will have more privacy and can focus on study, something that cant be happened in China. But since so many actors study in Beijing Filming Academy, and they are quite safe, so I feel quite relieve. And since CFY want to be an actor, so he has to study in that specific department, whether in China or US.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, epinklyn said:

btw in twitter there is rumour that CFY and LHR will act together on CKG project. I really hoping this is true!

I read similar thing not only on twitter but also in some C newspage. It doesn't only mention CFY and LHR's names, but also Wen Qi and Zhang Xueying. I think we better wait until more established/reliable news sources raise/confirm it, because it's very common for producers to throw names for buzzes, and in the end other actors are cast.

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, rhaps said:

:D

I think studying in Beijing is the best for his current condition, if he is serious in becoming an actor. Meaning, he doesn't take it as a side job. He has a lot of prospect projects, so it's easier to manage his schedules between study and work here. Improving his acting is a way to increase his value. IMHO, unless he is planning to work in a corporation , he can still study again later someday.

I'm actually wondering whether he has planned this since he said that he wanted to be an actor.

Yeah me too wondering about this path, actually in US there are some college that has the same presitigious as Beijing Filming Academy (BFA), BFA is ranked 3rd in the world for their Filming school. The 1st one is American Filming Institute, 2nd is Univesity of Southern California. The rest list is in here:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/25-best-film-schools-rankings-215714

3. Beijing Film Academy

If one film school anywhere in the world has shaped a whole nation, it's the Beijing Film Academy, China's most elite school for film direction, production and writing. Each year, it accepts about 500 applicants -- primarily from China -- out of 100,000. The school is  a source of new talent for film and TV production and closely linked with the nearby Beijing Film Studio. It's also the place where such directors as Zhang Yimou and Chen Kaige -- the ones who created arguably the most distinct new wave of filmmaking since America in the early 1970s -- cut their teeth. (At 27, Zhang had to get special permission to attend after the Cultural Revolution because he had passed the cut-off age.)

TUITION Program fees range from $1,240 to $1,550 for local students; international students pay $6,665 to $7,905 per year for film programs. Partial and full scholarships are available based on need and merit and are awarded on an individual basis.

DEGREES B.A., M.A. and Ph.D. programs in everything from performance and direction to cinematography and animation. All degree programs are conducted in Chinese, though international students may take some courses in English or study Chinese at the Film Academy.

NOTABLE ALUMNI Zhang Yimou (House of Flying Daggers), Chen Kaige (Farewell My Concubine), Tian Zhuangzhuang (The Blue Kite)

But after reading it, i believe CFY want to follow his Dad foot steps really really serious, since CKG also an alumni of BFA too. So yeah maybe before he reach 16 y.o and being assistant of director, he was still an ordinary kid who pursued non filming education, but now is different LOL. He got the AHA moment in the right time and decided to be an actor. 

1 hour ago, caranita said:

I read similar thing not only on twitter but also in some C newspage. It doesn't only mention CFY and LHR's names, but also Wen Qi and Zhang Xueying. I think we better wait until more established/reliable news sources raise/confirm it, because it's very common for producers to throw names for buzzes, and in the end other actors are cast.

Ah yes i also read those names, hopefully this is true! finger crossed. That means CKG remember LHR really well when he did Legend of Demon Cat back then, and it is a good thing CFY can work with him, and watch him as a mentor. LHR also study at BFA, along with SYR, etc, right?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

16 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Ah yes i also read those names, hopefully this is true! finger crossed. That means CKG remember LHR really well when he did Legend of Demon Cat back then, and it is a good thing CFY can work with him, and watch him as a mentor. LHR also study at BFA, along with SYR, etc, right?

LHR studies at Central Academy. Central Academy, together with BFA and Shanghai Theater Academy are the most prestigious higher education institutions in film in China. For acting department, Central is actually considered the best by most people, they sort of specializes in drama. They tend to produce serious actors, like Chen Baoguo, Ni Dahong, Zhang Ziyi, and in the younger generations names like Wang Kai and Yang Shuo. In short, actors that most likely appear in Daylight Entertainment, LOL (the producer of Nirvana In Fire,  Ode to Joy, Ming Lan). 

BFA excels in film producing, although many of their acting dept alumni also include top stars like Huang Zhaoming, Zhao Wei, and Yang Mi.  

The reason I'm cautious about those names is because they are currently the most sought after young stars. LHR, Wen Qi and Sophie Zhang are considered serious young actors, not just idols. Wen Qi had won a Golden Horse at the age of 13 or 14. If indeed CFY will work with them in one movie, that will be fantastic! But again, like I said before, many times names are thrown in for marketing purpose. So yeah...  like you said, let's cross our fingers! :)

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, caranita said:

LHR studies at Central Academy. Central Academy, together with BFA and Shanghai Theater Academy are the most prestigious higher education institutions in film in China. For acting department, Central is actually considered the best by most people, they sort of specializes in drama. They tend to produce serious actors, like Chen Baoguo, Ni Dahong, Zhang Ziyi, and in the younger generations names like Wang Kai and Yang Shuo. In short, actors that most likely appear in Daylight Entertainment, LOL (the producer of Nirvana In Fire,  Ode to Joy, Ming Lan). 

BFA excels in film producing, although many of their acting dept alumni also include top stars like Huang Zhaoming, Zhao Wei, and Yang Mi.  

The reason I'm cautious about those names is because they are currently the most sought after young stars. LHR, Wen Qi and Sophie Zhang are considered serious young actors, not just idols. Wen Qi had won a Golden Horse at the age of 13 or 14. If indeed CFY will work with them in one movie, that will be fantastic! But again, like I said before, many times names are thrown in for marketing purpose. So yeah...  like you said, let's cross our fingers! :)

Ah wow i see, thank you for the explanation, so maybe CFY chose BFA because he want more than acting, but also directing, producing and etc. I read on twitter, that CFY only chose BFA for his college, that is why he is so nervous. Hopefully he can be admitted succesfully!

I just googled Wen Qi, turns out she is a Taiwanese actor, Vicky Chen, and just like Sophia Zhang, they both are young and talented rising star. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, caranita said:

BFA excels in film producing.

Ah, This is an interesting tidbits. :D

Personally, I am surprised with CFY's choice to study in China.  

But, I think him and his family must have already thought what is best for him right now.. 

Hope he'll improve and gets better with his study in BFA... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, epinklyn said:

maybe CFY chose BFA because he want more than acting, but also directing, producing and etc

3 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Personally, I am surprised with CFY's choice to study in China.  

But, I think him and his family must have already thought what is best for him right now.. 

Hope he'll improve and gets better with his study in BFA... 

Me too :). Deep down inside, I had hoped that he took the admission test for directing dept, but alas he went for the performing art (hence the poem reciting test). But we know that CFY is a mature young man, who seemingly rarely acts on impulse. Knowing how he always strives to learn, I agree that he probably wants to be in the place where he can get training from the best sources for all aspects of film making, not just acting. 

I can't remember... did I discuss it here or elsewhere? China and England are probably the only countries which actors are mostly expected to get formal education in acting. Of course, there are  China's top stars who didn't get such formal training, like Zhao Liying or Ma Sichun. But the majority start their career from the drama schools, and I guess that's how they develop their networks in the industry as well.

6 hours ago, epinklyn said:

I just googled Wen Qi, turns out she is a Taiwanese actor, Vicky Chen, and just like Sophia Zhang, they both are young and talented rising star. 

Yes. And they were picked by CCTV as two of the post-95 "4 dans". Here's the "4 Dans" wikipage if you want to know more about it.

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, caranita said:

Me too :). Deep down inside, I had hoped that he took the admission test for directing dept, but alas he went for the performing art (hence the poem reciting test). But we know that CFY is a mature young man, who seemingly rarely acts on impulse. Knowing how he always strives to learn, I agree that he probably wants to be in the place where he can get training from the best sources for all aspects of film making, not just acting. 

I can't remember... did I discuss it here or elsewhere? China and England are probably the only countries which actors are mostly expected to get formal education in acting. Of course, there are  China's top stars who didn't get such formal training, like Zhao Liying or Ma Sichun. But the majority start their career from the drama schools, and I guess that's how they develop their networks in the industry as well.

So he took performing art department? What is that? I believe he can do poem reciting, he has a clear pronounciation and make a rhyme every time he read, but dont know how high the standard level of BFA. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

So he took performing art department? What is that? I believe he can do poem reciting, he has a clear pronounciation and make a rhyme every time he read, but dont know how high the standard level of BFA. 

Performing art dept = acting dept. 

He does have clear pronunciation when talking in English, but TBH I can't tell for Mandarin talking. Our Mandarin speaker @angelangie should know better, hehehe... Actually one of the criticism towards him in EN is his line delivery. I'm guessing it's his recorded line. You see, in EN they did on-site recording for indoor scenes, but for outdoor shooting the actors had to record/dub their voices in the studio. CFY probably needs to better emote with his voice when he's not shooting a scene. Fortunately he was raised in Beijing, so he shouldn't have regional accent. Speaking of accent, I'm now curious about the non-Mainland actors in EN, like Adam Cheng, Leon Lai, Dylan Kuo and Shih Chieh-chin. How does their Mandarin speaking sound?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, caranita said:

Performing art dept = acting dept. 

He does have clear pronunciation when talking in English, but TBH I can't tell for Mandarin talking. Our Mandarin speaker @angelangie should know better, hehehe... Actually one of the criticism towards him in EN is his line delivery. I'm guessing it's his recorded line. You see, in EN they did on-site recording for indoor scenes, but for outdoor shooting the actors had to record/dub their voices in the studio. CFY probably needs to better emote with his voice when he's not shooting a scene. Fortunately he was raised in Beijing, so he shouldn't have regional accent. Speaking of accent, I'm now curious about the non-Mainland actors in EN, like Adam Cheng, Leon Lai, Dylan Kuo and Shih Chieh-chin. How does their Mandarin speaking sound?

Ah performing art dept is acting dept, i remember in his 18th bday video, he took acting course with some elder, he has to scream and expresss angry.

Hmm dont know whether his line is perfect or not in mandarin, but i like his rhyme when he talks, whether he was telling story or talking as NQ in EN. Talking in english yeahh he is so accurate, even we only have one video of him talking in english LOL.

They all recorded their own voice in EN, so what you hear in EN are their own voice, whether Adam Cheng, Leon Lai, Dylan Kuo or Andy On, I recognize their voice.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, epinklyn said:

They all recorded their own voice in EN, so what you hear in EN are their own voice, whether Adam Cheng, Leon Lai, Dylan Kuo or Andy On, I recognize their voice.

Yes, they all dubbed their own voice for EN, so that's why I'm curious how they sound to the ears of Mandarin speakers hehe... I sometimes recognize a bit of accent of Cantonese speakers, but I can't tell the Taiwanese accent. Andy On is American Chinese, I think his Mando isn't accented either? I once read Takeshi Kaneshiro has zero accent when speaking Mandarin, although he's from Taiwan and most of his movies are Taiwanese or HK. He's one of those multilangual actors :wub: -- he speaks Mandarin, Japanese, Cantonese fluently, and of course English! 

• Love 2

10 hours ago, mei2018 said:

I cannot play it. Do you have other link?

Please try again, i just edit the link, thx!

http://n.miaopai.com/media/se3vuwMMjXg5Zf3pYVSgPze0-ajtfGtB

In here another news.

http://n.miaopai.com/media/xeKfFXstCWcYmA3GwpNi4ZzaVelZXBjd

Screenshot-20190222-061946-Weibo-Intl.jp

Edited by epinklyn
Edit link video
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, caranita said:

Yes, they all dubbed their own voice for EN, so that's why I'm curious how they sound to the ears of Mandarin speakers hehe... I sometimes recognize a bit of accent of Cantonese speakers, but I can't tell the Taiwanese accent. Andy On is American Chinese, I think his Mando isn't accented either? I once read Takeshi Kaneshiro has zero accent when speaking Mandarin, although he's from Taiwan and most of his movies are Taiwanese or HK. He's one of those multilangual actors :wub: -- he speaks Mandarin, Japanese, Cantonese fluently, and of course English! 

ah you meant their mandarin sound to the chinese speaker, sorry my bad hahahaha. Actually i only can differentiate between mainland china and taiwan, i dont like mainland accent, taiwan is more soft and there is no sound like "srrrr" in the end of their sound LOL. But i feel weird when taiwanese or mainland speak cantonese, yeah not their mother tounge.

Takeshi Kaneshiro yeahh one of my idol back then, he is such a talented one! Maybe after hanging out with ChengXiao WJYSN in LoA shooting set, CFY can speak Korean lil bit LOL!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1