[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Oh, SYR is taking her master degree? That's cool! I always admire people who are studying while working at the same time, because it is too tiring for me. And it's good to hear that she and CFY consider their educations important and keep on pursuing them. 

I took my master's years ago while working full time. It was indeed tiring, I had to juggle between work assignments and school papers, and there were times I had to consult my professor by phone during business trips. Glad it's past already! :tounge_xd:  For Song Yiren I think it will be harder, since filming is time consuming. I heard she was filming another drama in between EN1 finishing shooting and EN2 starting. Add to that the school. Girl sure is a busy bee!

Any rumors about where Arthur will continue his study? I wonder if he'll major in art or film. His brother is in Wharton, so I guess he'll probably go to NYU's Tisch School in order to stay in East Coast. NY and Philly is only one hour driving too. He may also consider UCLA or USC, but I assume there will be too many Asians recognizing him and he probably won't like it :D. You know, I did wonder why he doesn't continue his studies in China. I mean, Central and Beijing Drama Academy are some of the best schools, and he can develop network there. But then I saw some pictures of his passport (I tell you, C-netizens are crazy!) and it looked like a US passport. So I'm guessing he's a US citizen and it's more logical for him to go to an American uni, because I heard international schools are very, very expensive in China. If a foreign student studies in a university in China, they will have to pay twice as high or maybe more than local students. I could be very wrong though, someone corrects me please?

36 minutes ago, angelangie said:

maybe with FeiYu having a good dad....YiRen also have a common topic with FeiYu regarding productions and filming stuff 

True, I can imagine that!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, rhaps said:

Hahaha, you have my respect! :D My friend took her post-graduate while working. Her office was near home, but everytime I asked her, she always said that she was tired :P . I wanted to take one, but I had to do it on weekend because I often went OT, like almost every day. Perhaps my determination wasnt strong enough, so I cancelled it :P

Education is important, but diplomas aren't everything. You know what's best for you, and opportunity often arises when it's least expected!

7 hours ago, rhaps said:

I got my attention diverted at a wrong topic, because I'm surprised that C netizens got to see the pic of his passport. Oh my ..where did they get it from? 

I must admit that what I saw didn't show the whole picture of it. IIRC he or someone next to him (presumably his family or assistant?) was holding what looks like an American passport (the color is dark/navy blue, while China's passport is red). I know this is an assumption and can be easily disputed. But then as I ventured the web, there are some articles and comments saying his nationality is most likely American (check this Douban thread and this article which says both Chen Feiyu and his brother were born in the US).

But speaking of the findings Cnetizens can acquire -- yes, they're unbelievable! I read somewhere that they are even willing to bribe people to get flight details or other whereabouts of their idols! :scream:

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Found this GIF of My Best Summer" aka 最好的我们 movie I guess?

Credit as tagged

Thanks! LOL, I remember Song Yiren in their joint interview said that Arthur has a big face and that's his advantage since he'll stand out in a crowded room :D:D:D. It's quite obvious here with his co-star's face looking so small next to him hahahah... love that mischievous smile. I don't know if his character is this mischievous in the original drama, I haven't seen it.

• LOL 3

@caranitaYeah me too once read somewhere that CFY and his brother were born in US, and CKG CH are green card holder. 

Hahaha yes i also surprised watching that GIF, his face is so big compared with the girl. Because on Ever Night we only seen his big palms LOL.

@rhaps, do you have the link of BTS the one said SYR slapped CFY? I have searched it but i cant found it, i wanna see it LOL, there was one i saw SYR slapped CFY and also she threw a snow ball to CFY in BTS. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

50 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Isnt that 'With You' the movie? 

Yes it is "With You" movie because it has the same chinese title 最好的我们, but i also confused why the english title is My Best Summer, maybe it was a fan made title or really official, dont know yet.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rhaps said:

Hmmm..it seems that CFY and his bro have US citizenship. Please cmiiw, if someone is born there and, at least, one of their parents have a US citizenship, then they'll automatically be a US citizen. CKG has US citizenship. 

You are correct, babies born in the US will be automatically granted US nationality. If CFY and his brother were born there, they're US citizens, unless their parents renounce it. CKG if I'm not mistaken is a green card holder. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rhaps said:

I've been searching for it. It was short, just him pinching her cheek and she slapped him in return. But I havent seen her throwing a snow ball at him. They really look like Tom and Jerry, arent they? :P

Hahahaha thx @rhaps, i will search the bts for you. I really love watching their interaction. Yeah Tom and Jerry exactly :joy:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

His first movie is Secret Fruit with Ou Yang NaNa, this My Best Summer Time will be his 2nd. But when he was 10 years old he once made a cameo as young king.

When was this filmed? Before ever night?

By the way, is this the BTS you are looking for?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rhaps said:

Thanks, @epinklyn!

I'm curious about this drama. I really like LHR's version, and it's not easy to top that. I read some people saying that they didnt understand why CFY took this project, because LHR's version was already very good. I think, perhaps, he just wanted to try his best, and he could still ask LHR how to do it. 

Anyway, after watching CFY's pics and BTS, I feel that ..wow..CFY is really big and tall, isnt he? Yes, I've known that he was tall since the beginning but somehow I just realize now that he is REALLY big and tall. He didnt look that big in EN, but in BTS, he looked like a giant next to SYR and he was taller and bigger than the rest of the guys

I once checked that Dylan Xiong (in Legend of Awakening) was 188 cm, so perhaps he should be as big and tall as CFY? Although, I read on twitter than CFY is 190 cm now :P (he has grown *LOL*), but there shouldnt be big difference in term of height and body . 

Yeah right??? He is so gigantic in the bts pic, maybe in EN he was still skinny, but after EN he gain weight n muscles, so he was seen buffed in this drama.

Omg 190 cm :astonished: yeah he still can grow right :sweat_smile: oh my....

I havent finished WY LHR, but he is really good, so natural, hopefully CFY can portray Yu Huai with his own version but still match with Yu Huai real character. Since i think CFY must have read the novel, and he like Yu Huai character just like he like Ning Que character in Ever Night, that was why he want to portray him. It is a good thing we can see two talented and rising star portraying one role.  

• LOL 2