[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

9 hours ago, tothestars said:

Yes! Tiger and Rose are airing only 2 days a week, only 4 eps in a week LOL, oh well they are only 24 eps so... I read Winner's thread, they said the leads are very good but still dont get the story, i havent watched it, but will give a try this weekend. I dont that curious about LYX, i feel he always portrays almost the same character, with the same white costume, so.. But i will try to watch.

I don't know if I want to watch the Romance of Tiger & Rose (sounds like more cp focus than story) and And Winners is Love (looks very predictable).  Any feedback?  I got tons of dramas in my watch list that I haven't touch yet.  The only current drama I have watched was Arthur's Legend of Awakening.  And my favorite korean actor's melodrama series is scheduled to air in July.  I look forward to that with much anticipation.

I feel like reading the LOA novel as I'm intrigued by this Xuanhuan world building and the soul forces cultivation and can't get enough from the drama. :P

For Arthur, I hope he doesn't appear in too many variety shows but only when he needs to promote his movie or drama will be nice.  Less is always better than more for exclusiveness purpose imo.  So I agreed with those of you who are likeminded. :grin:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Okay i just watched "and the winner is love" up to ep 8, and quite interesting, it is more like jinyong style wuxia like Heavenly Sword or Swordman, which has sects like Hua Shan, E Mei, and other small sects, and they are also divided into Evil Sects and so called Righteous sects. Love LYX and Yukee's acting n chemistry, in here LYX's character is called as no. 1 flirting man LOL. I know why so many girls and man (perhaps) love him, he has the aura prince charming but both female and male, his line face and jaw is soft like a woman, dont know how to describe it though.

That is why in HYX BL fandom, our boy will become the male, and lyx become the female...oh well...

• Like 1

@dejun Perhaps what you meant is Arthur isn't suitable for doing commercials? Because I think his photo modelling -- particularly magazines -- is pretty good. His eyes are a lot more expressive in the magazine covers/pages than TVCs. But I quite like that robot vacuum ad. 

Regarding supporting roles, I honestly have no problem, given the character is interesting and has good writing. But I can understand if people can't see him in a side/supporting role, because of his strong screen presence and his physique. 

I've watched several episodes of both Romance of Tiger & Rose, as well as And The Winner Is Love. I don't think we can compare them because they're in different genres, but at this point I'm liking ATWIL more! ROTR is fun & fluffy, but for some inexplicable reason I can't get into the OTP. I'm the only person in this world who sort of has second lead syndromme, LOL. Probably I'm just not in the mood for fluffy romcom, because not even the cheeky dialogues and plots manage to pull me in. ATWIL works for me because I like the wuxia vibe, and the fighting scenes IMO are pretty well done. @tothestars I read your comments in ATWIL thread, and I think I overlooked all those aspects you find fault at. Don't get me wrong, I also read the comments in some discord forums, your concerns are also voiced there, even harsher :D. Yukee is heavily criticized on MDL, and I can partially agree with them, but so far I don't find her portrayal annoying. At the moment I think she was better in HSDS 2019, but it's still early to tell. I'm enjoying the show so far and mainly because of the fighting scenes. But I'm not invested in the show enough to take part in the discussion. (PS: sorry for hijacking Arthur's thread! :sweat_smile:)

2 hours ago, tothestars said:

Last night Alex visited Arthur in Hengdian. 

I'm happy to see that! They've always been close, and I hope Alex's presence will provide Arthur some peace in such pressing environment (not the shooting, but the intruding paps). A couple of people uploaded a small clip on twitter showing a papparazzi shouting curses to Arthur (according to the posters), and I can only imagine how bad it is having to endure such thing every day. Arthur has been having to deal with prejudices and labels since he started his career, a lot more than his peers of the same age. How he handles it with calmness and maturity has been amazing so far. 

• Love 1

30 minutes ago, caranita said:

Regarding supporting roles, I honestly have no problem, given the character is interesting and has good writing. But I can understand if people can't see him in a side/supporting role, because of his strong screen presence and his physique.

Yes yes i dont mind either, in fact i dont want arthur only pick main lead role. I hope he will pick a good role, despite support or main role.

37 minutes ago, caranita said:

@tothestars I read your comments in ATWIL thread, and I think I overlooked all those aspects you find fault at. Don't get me wrong, I also read the comments in some discord forums, your concerns are also voiced there, even harsher :D. Yukee is heavily criticized on MDL, and I can partially agree with them, but so far I don't find her portrayal annoying. At the moment I think she was better in HSDS 2019, but it's still early to tell. I'm enjoying the show so far and mainly because of the fighting scenes. But I'm not invested in the show enough to take part in the discussion. (PS: sorry for hijacking Arthur's thread! :sweat_smile:)

Yeah i have been annoyed with that bokeh or blurr effect along 8 eps LOL. I have nothing to complain about the actors, they really did a good job. I didnt watch HSDS 2019, somehow i've been enough with Condor Trilogy LOL. No problem of hijacking Arthur's thread, we can talk anything in here as a side dish, but arthur will always be the main course hahahaha!

44 minutes ago, caranita said:

I'm happy to see that! They've always been close, and I hope Alex's presence will provide Arthur some peace in such pressing environment (not the shooting, but the intruding paps). A couple of people uploaded a small clip on twitter showing a papparazzi shouting curses to Arthur (according to the posters), and I can only imagine how bad it is having to endure such thing every day. Arthur has been having to deal with prejudices and labels since he started his career, a lot more than his peers of the same age. How he handles it with calmness and maturity has been amazing so far. 

What??? Papparazi shouting curses to him? Why??? He doesnt have many bodyguards right, i think he only has one, the big one who always hold umbrella LOL. The others i think all women. 

Yeah his maturity and calmness are truly admirable, he really grows in a strong background family, not a competitive but a humble and hardwork family. Hopefully he doesnt let the pressures buried deep down and become a volcano.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tothestars said:

Okay i just watched "and the winner is love" up to ep 8, and quite interesting, it is more like jinyong style wuxia like Heavenly Sword or Swordman, which has sects like Hua Shan, E Mei, and other small sects, and they are also divided into Evil Sects and so called Righteous sects. Love LYX and Yukee's acting n chemistry, in here LYX's character is called as no. 1 flirting man LOL. I know why so many girls and man (perhaps) love him, he has the aura prince charming but both female and male, his line face and jaw is soft like a woman, dont know how to describe it though.

That is why in HYX BL fandom, our boy will become the male, and lyx become the female...oh well...

Hahahaaah.... I understand totally what you're talking about in regards to "soft like a woman".  I've watched him in Princess Silver.  His face does have a slight feminine feature.  Different vibes from our boy who has a distinct heartthrob look. :wub:  I just hope BL thingy will be extremely subtle otherwise I will goosebumps, yikes!

For ATWIL I will check it out as I really like Jin Yong's works so this show might interest me.  Thanks for your feedback.

6 hours ago, caranita said:

@dejun Perhaps what you meant is Arthur isn't suitable for doing commercials? Because I think his photo modelling -- particularly magazines -- is pretty good. His eyes are a lot more expressive in the magazine covers/pages than TVCs. But I quite like that robot vacuum ad. 

Yep, that's what I meant.  His commercials can be spot on and off at times.  Being a good model also requires experience and depends on whether he's keen or not.

Are you very sure about this on Arthur being in support roles?  I can already imagine that fans of his will have many complaints if he's not regularly onscreen.  I remember of one cp I admired a lot in the past who acted as main leads in one drama but their onscreen time were less than the supporting actors.  Their fans were truly enraged because of that.  Besides, I don't think anyone will choose him to do support roles when as lead roles he already gain popularity with many viewers and any production will not want to incur wrath of his fans unnecessarily.  He still can do cameo roles if he's interested in it.

I've watched several episodes of both Romance of Tiger & Rose, as well as And The Winner Is Love. I don't think we can compare them because they're in different genres, but at this point I'm liking ATWIL more! ROTR is fun & fluffy, but for some inexplicable reason I can't get into the OTP. I'm the only person in this world who sort of has second lead syndromme, LOL. Probably I'm just not in the mood for fluffy romcom, because not even the cheeky dialogues and plots manage to pull me in. ATWIL works for me because I like the wuxia vibe, and the fighting scenes IMO are pretty well done. @tothestars I read your comments in ATWIL thread, and I think I overlooked all those aspects you find fault at. Don't get me wrong, I also read the comments in some discord forums, your concerns are also voiced there, even harsher :D. Yukee is heavily criticized on MDL, and I can partially agree with them, but so far I don't find her portrayal annoying. At the moment I think she was better in HSDS 2019, but it's still early to tell. I'm enjoying the show so far and mainly because of the fighting scenes. But I'm not invested in the show enough to take part in the discussion. (PS: sorry for hijacking Arthur's thread! :sweat_smile:)

You're definitely right about moods we have when watching a show. :sweatingbullets:  Still, to me I will still make comparison regardless what genre it is.  What is good can never be bad but we still got to watch out if we have the mood when it comes to different genres or we might not enjoy the show as much.  I will check out both first then.  Regarding Yukee, I'm not surprised at all the criticism.  I thought she was good in AOL, still she was only part of main cast then but in HSDS 2019, her acting failed to impress me as main female lead.  Even so, based on both your views, I will still watch ATWIL to find out. :)

:lol: So long you write anything about Arthur, you are certainly not off topic. :P

What's wrong with these people! :angry:  Isn't immerse into acting a character role already hard to do yet they want to increase the pressure in his life that could negatively affect him mentally?  Poor young Arthur. :tears:  Why he has to endure these prejudices? :phew:  So thankful that Alex went to visit our boy.  He really needs his support in person, a family whom he can lean on always.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 5/28/2020 at 10:28 PM, tothestars said:

Enjoy your eyes ladies! Enjoy the deep eyes that he never admit

On 5/29/2020 at 7:02 AM, caranita said:

Awesome. I concur, he has the face that looks like stepping straight out of anime :). His intent gaze can be really heart melting. However, I agree with him that he flashes those "deep eyes" when he's in a role. I notice he often looks blank when speaking on camera for non-movies/dramas, like advertisements :lol::lol::lol:. You know I love our boy, but he does need to look a little more animated in those ads :D. That's okay, like @dejun says, he's still young and he's been improving himself.

:lol: I adore 'his deep eyes' below: :heart:

3l5uuo2knkuf5do6cs6xj9dir.jpg

69kqrb1m6zg69lpxynm3t1s9z.jpg

Pardon me @tothestars, I took your stills from LOA thread. :P

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::love:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Arthur n LYX having dinner together tonight. Where is Alex?

#皓衣行 #罗云熙 #陈飞宇 #飞云系 聚餐~ https://v.douyin.com/JJbXphp/ 复制此链接,打开【抖音短视频】,直接观看视频!

#皓衣行 #陈飞宇 #飞云系 #罗云熙 20点48 https://v.douyin.com/JJbHFk6/ 复制此链接,打开【抖音短视频】,直接观看视频!

Screenshot-20200531-212559.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 8:12 PM, dejun said:

So what do you all think aside from change of crucial actors and EN2's quality of production has dropped that this occurred?

Forgot to address this. I didn't watch EN2, but yeah those are the issues raised in comments. I think @Lbpg discussed it a few times. Objectively, like you said, it has better production values than LoA. At the same time it suffered from expectation from those coming from EN1.

Speaking of faces, I think Leo Luo and Ding Yuxi have similar type of face? Thin, with some feminine features like @tothestars's description. To me the most feminine face on a male actor I've seen is the guy who plays both Su Mu in ROTR and Shangguan Tou's brother in law in ATWIL. His cast as a courtesan in ROTR is spot on!

7 hours ago, dejun said:

Are you very sure about this on Arthur being in support roles?  I can already imagine that fans of his will have many complaints if he's not regularly onscreen.  I remember of one cp I admired a lot in the past who acted as main leads in one drama but their onscreen time were less than the supporting actors.  Their fans were truly enraged because of that.  Besides, I don't think anyone will choose him to do support roles when as lead roles he already gain popularity with many viewers and any production will not want to incur wrath of his fans unnecessarily.  He still can do cameo roles if he's interested in it.

Well, I am sure how I feel about Arthur taking in support roles, I can't tell what's in the mind of investors and production houses:). Arthur's fanbase prior to HYX is not that big and loud, and from what I've seen they're pretty tame LOL. They could be defensive, but it's understandable considering the kind and degree of personal attacks Arthur receives. It's not even about his acting, but his private life AND his family. For instance, he was attacked for taking part in My People My Country, said that he had no business in that movie since he's an American citizen. His father got harsh message on his weibo from another actor's fans due to unsubstantiated rumors. And so on. I think his fans have been showing great restraint by not initiating/engaging in fanwars afterwards. Based on that, I have high hope that they will still give him support should he get a non-leading role, provided that it's a well-written character.

4 hours ago, tothestars said:

Arthur n LYX having dinner together tonight. Where is Alex?

Maybe it's dinner with the whole cast? So Alex wouldn't be there.

OK this is random. I look up the HYX's director's works, and I must say I dislike most of them. I hope the writer(s) will do a great job. Unfortunately I can't find any information about the writers.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, caranita said:

Well, I am sure how I feel about Arthur taking in support roles, I can't tell what's in the mind of investors and production houses:). Arthur's fanbase prior to HYX is not that big and loud, and from what I've seen they're pretty tame LOL. They could be defensive, but it's understandable considering the kind and degree of personal attacks Arthur receives. It's not even about his acting, but his private life AND his family. For instance, he was attacked for taking part in My People My Country, said that he had no business in that movie since he's an American citizen. His father got harsh message on his weibo from another actor's fans due to unsubstantiated rumors. And so on. I think his fans have been showing great restraint by not initiating/engaging in fanwars afterwards. Based on that, I have high hope that they will still give him support should he get a non-leading role, provided that it's a well-written character.

Sounds like Arthur gains the good type of fans who uses their brains.  That's really good for him for this type of fans will boost him up.  I would prefer him taking support roles in movies to gain more experience and for that I think his fans wouldn't mind that much.  A well written character is a must and I trust that he will pick those.  In My People My Country, his role was a Mongolian descent so what has that got to do with his citizenship?  Looks like his citizenship issue won't go away as looking at current political scenario with US the next few years will worsen due to Covid19 issue.  Already this pandemic has created racial dissensions with Asians in several countries ever since it appeared from Mainland China.  Jealousy seem to cause those unproven rumors ie there were too many good things that happened to Arthur publicly along with those resulted from his personal relationships with others but these people won't know his sufferings he has to endure himself as only he would know for outsiders won't know what's the true picture.

In fact I have a feeling we might not see the kid in our boy any longer as he's been in showbiz for 3 years plus having experienced a lot in these 3 short years.

• Love 2