[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

3 hours ago, Sharon Liew said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMBkIHm1h6M&feature=youtu.be This is the Back to Field video that has Eng subtitles

1 hour ago, mei2018 said:

Thank you so much! I watched it without sub last yeat. Glad to finally be able to understand what they said. ^^

Yes yes thank you so much! Already a year omg! I will watch tonight!

After rewatching Back to Field, i just found out that cfy decided to play My Best Summer when he was 16 years old, it was 1st time cfy met helandou, and 2 years later they shot the movie.

Drama With You Liu HaoRan was aired 2016, so maybe back then after the success of the drama, they decided to make the movie version. Hmmm i wonder why cfy took the role instead of lhr, they had to wait for 2 years to shoot it. But it is all worth it yeah? Cfy was ready in 2018, and made a huge success!

• Like 3

On 5/21/2020 at 6:45 PM, tothestars said:

Omg this part is really thrilling! Hopefully arthur can pull this one! Taxian Jun vs Mo Ran

I agree! I can see why Arthur seems to be excited to play this role -- I hope he'll pull it off, and I'm so looking forward to seeing it!

47 minutes ago, tothestars said:

The chess pieces...

This confirms what I said earlier. This is a role which requires Arthur to display layers and a long range of emotions. His acting IMO has been gradually getting better and better from Ever Night to Legend of Awakening to MPMC. But objectively he still has a lot of room to improve. I trust he'll do his best to give the character justice!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 5/21/2020 at 4:45 PM, tothestars said:

Yeah this one!

Yupppp! When I saw this picture, I was reminded about the similar one he took for Ever Night. I think I saw someone posted it on twitter which showed Alex commenting that this is what he has to do it everyday (working until midnight, even dawn). I looked up the original IG & couldn't find it -- maybe Alex deleted it? 

On 5/21/2020 at 7:08 PM, tothestars said:

Old interview, 170610, 17 years old Arthur 1st time in Dior Event

OMG thank youuuu!!! I love reading it, it's one of his old interviews which we discussed waaay back. I don't know when he decided he wanted to be an actor, but it's obvious that once he did he wasn't going back :D. Every interview back then and now shows his consistency. Behind that awkwardness in public and being childish & playful on set, there's an old soul and methodical way of thinking that we've been familiar with :). 

15 hours ago, tothestars said:

Arthur with Yu YiJie

This pic must've been taken during LoA filming then! We had this pic posted here before, but back then I had not known Jerry Yu yet. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, tothestars said:

After rewatching Back to Field, i just found out that cfy decided to play My Best Summer when he was 16 years old, it was 1st time cfy met helandou, and 2 years later they shot the movie.

Drama With You Liu HaoRan was aired 2016, so maybe back then after the success of the drama, they decided to make the movie version. Hmmm i wonder why cfy took the role instead of lhr, they had to wait for 2 years to shoot it. But it is all worth it yeah? Cfy was ready in 2018, and made a huge success!

Ahhh... so Arthur had met He Landou before? Did they say that they already offered the movie to him when he was 16? I'm curious whether it was before or after he was accepted for Ever Night. 

I think it's rare to have same actors play in dramas and their movie versions. (Just based on my observation on the movie adaptations of My Sunshine, Peach Blossom, and Love O2O), so perhaps the movie producer just wanted to try their luck and -- like you said -- capitalizing on the drama's success. Arthur & Landou were unknown at that time. 

BTW, here's a couple of Arthur's schoolmates' opinion about him! :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, caranita said:

This confirms what I said earlier. This is a role which requires Arthur to display layers and a long range of emotions. His acting IMO has been gradually getting better and better from Ever Night to Legend of Awakening to MPMC. But objectively he still has a lot of room to improve. I trust he'll do his best to give the character justice!

Arthur is still so young, only 20 years of age. :rolleyes:  Although I love to see him perfect his acting skills but I prefer to see his improvement in every production he's in instead.  Growth is what I enjoy seeing in actors that I admire very much.  @caranita  Just give him time to do so.  He has shown much improvement in LOA with the range of emotions on display.  I want to see him in good action scenes because of his youth like the ones he acted in EN1. :D

For goodness sake, let our boy enjoys his youth.  I wish I could be in his shoes right now, sigh... :tears:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, dejun said:

Arthur is still so young, only 20 years of age. :rolleyes:  Although I love to see him perfect his acting skills but I prefer to see his improvement in every production he's in instead.  Growth is what I enjoy seeing in actors that I admire very much.  @caranita  Just give him time to do so.  He has shown much improvement in LOA with the range of emotions on display.  I want to see him in good action scenes because of his youth like the ones he acted in EN1. :D

For goodness sake, let our boy enjoys his youth.  I wish I could be in his shoes right now, sigh... :tears:

Well said. I agree with you :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, caranita said:

Ahhh... so Arthur had met He Landou before? Did they say that they already offered the movie to him when he was 16? I'm curious whether it was before or after he was accepted for Ever Night. 

Yes arthur said he met he landou after he accepted to play in My Best Summer.

20 hours ago, caranita said:

Yes yes! I am just concern about his mental and emotional healthy, afraid of he will do too much for this character, since he is a perfectionist person, hopefully after discussion with his parents (maybe), director and scriptwriter, he can find way how to dive to Mo Ran character safely.

19 hours ago, caranita said:

OMG thank youuuu!!! I love reading it, it's one of his old interviews which we discussed waaay back. I don't know when he decided he wanted to be an actor, but it's obvious that once he did he wasn't going back :D. Every interview back then and now shows his consistency. Behind that awkwardness in public and being childish & playful on set, there's an old soul and methodical way of thinking that we've been familiar with :). 

I know right, seems like every his interview we has watched, he stays the same whether it was old interview or newest interview, hopefully he will always the same...