[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

On 5/8/2020 at 7:29 PM, caranita said:

Same here! But I have a feeling it's what his team (particularly his parents) has been trying to do. Perhaps not having him regularly in Chinese social media is part of the strategy to avoid unwanted attention, because backlash might ensue. I'm quite concerned about the recent surge of attention of international netizens to Arthur related to HYX. On one hand I'm happy that more people are interested in him and checking his projects. On the other hand, I'm not comfortable by some contents which I find quite disturbing (maybe I'm just too prim and proper haha). In my observation, Arthur's team has been careful not to feed CP/shipping with his leading ladies. I notice there has never been communications with Song Yiren, He Landou, and recently even Nana (despite the fact they've been caught shopping together in Paris, lol) on social media. I think he still maintains his friendship with them on a more private platforms (otherwise Yiren wouldn't have said Arthur told her about him enrolling in Beijing Academy), but he's very adamant not to show anything publicly. So in my opinion, some netizens shipping him with Leo isn't really what his team wants. But I can also see Tencent or perhaps other investors want to milk something to create and sustain hype from the get go. Arthur's family may be influential enough in China to tame the shipping narrative back home,  but won't have legs in the international market. 

I was reading the forum to know a little bit more about Feiyu, but about the CP thing, hope so no one wants to shove them both with this thing, I'm Yunxi fan, and the ppl shipping them is awkward as no one knows or read any opinion from both, that's what I came from on my search to know if this cp thing isn't becoming more huge than we want, because Yunxi don't like to participate in anything about cp, he don't like to promote cp and prefer to abstain from this. So I feel a little more glad that Feiyu is on the same boat as him. And he comes from a small agency, with no background or great resources, he become friend with anyone but he is a person not into cp promotion. Hope their agency or the drama team, or anyone no try to push that into them...;; poor boys. And hope the netizens knows about that too, Yunxi dislikes a lot the cp marketing. He agreed with this character because he told his fans he is up to challenge on his acting skills, so we don't confuse a thing to another. About our fandom, don't worry, we are aware and we always put an warning to his new fans to not disrespect his desires.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, caranita said:

Now some random rant. Even with this surge of attention of international netizens, it still feels quite hard to find information/news about Arthur. Yes, there are now, like, 100-fold of mentions on Twitter, not to mention IG. But 80% are about HYX, a lot are not even about Arthur but just included in Twitter search machine thanks to user names using "Chen Feiyu" LOL. I'd love to read about what people think of his acting, his movies, etc., even when they're harsh or super critical. But alas, plenty are just mentioning without any context, or interpreting (or over-interpreting, IMO) his interactions with Luo Yunxi.. sighh... Of course there are some gems as well, I'm really thankful for the translations of his interviews, but sadly these are pretty rare :((((

I started watching Ning Que and already like his acting, he is pretty skilled, love it, and then I'm watching his other things like the movies, his covers, the boy is even skilled to sing, wow, and watching LoA, the boy is good I think his talent is running through his veins. So about the interactions with Yunxi, oh dear Lord...sighh... that's the same with us. We want to scream little loud "Don't over interpreting a thing by only an interaction when you don't know any of both". That's, it's kind a thing from Yunxi to be outgoing on the set and he do this in any of his behind the scenes. As well, hope everyone could watch more Feiyu things, I also cheering for him!! Hope he realize everything he wants and can act in anything he wants as well. So we could see more of his brilliant act skills.

• Like 4

Hi @Raisa_LYXBR, welcome to this forum! Always glad to have new people engaging in talks and discussions here :). Thank you also for being respectful to Arthur & his fans, so please accept our gratitude & well wishes to you and other Luo Yunxi's fans. I'm not following Yunxi, but I've known him since My Sunshine, and I really liked his chemistry with Janice Wu there, albeit quite short :). I haven't seen his other works, though I understand he gained massive popularity for Ashes of Love, and causing big second lead syndromme perhaps? ;-) 

1 hour ago, Raisa_LYXBR said:

I was reading the forum to know a little bit more about Feiyu, but about the CP thing, hope so no one wants to shove them both with this thing, I'm Yunxi fan, and the ppl shipping them is awkward as no one knows or read any opinion from both, that's what I came from on my search to know if this cp thing isn't becoming more huge than we want, because Yunxi don't like to participate in anything about cp, he don't like to promote cp and prefer to abstain from this. So I feel a little more glad that Feiyu is on the same boat as him. And he comes from a small agency, with no background or great resources, he become friend with anyone but he is a person not into cp promotion. Hope their agency or the drama team, or anyone no try to push that into them...;; poor boys. And hope the netizens knows about that too, Yunxi dislikes a lot the cp marketing. He agreed with this character because he told his fans he is up to challenge on his acting skills, so we don't confuse a thing to another. About our fandom, don't worry, we are aware and we always put an warning to his new fans to not disrespect his desires.

Thank you for letting us know this. To be honest, I cannot confirm whether it IS Arthur's team policy. I just assume based on my own observation. But I am equally happy if Yunxi & his team also refrain from using CP as a tool to promote his works. I also see him as rather modest, not that low-key but not the type who will buy hot search either, for instance. But you know better as his fan :). Thanks for your assurance about his fans respecting his desires. 

2 hours ago, Raisa_LYXBR said:

I started watching Ning Que and already like his acting, he is pretty skilled, love it, and then I'm watching his other things like the movies, his covers, the boy is even skilled to sing, wow, and watching LoA, the boy is good I think his talent is running through his veins. So about the interactions with Yunxi, oh dear Lord...sighh... that's the same with us. We want to scream little loud "Don't over interpreting a thing by only an interaction when you don't know any of both". That's, it's kind a thing from Yunxi to be outgoing on the set and he do this in any of his behind the scenes. As well, hope everyone could watch more Feiyu things, I also cheering for him!! Hope he realize everything he wants and can act in anything he wants as well. So we could see more of his brilliant act skills.

Thanks again, and I'm glad you could enjoy Arthur's work. I can't speak for others here, but I'll surely check Yunxi's works. I'm one of the 5 people in the world who haven't watched Ashes of Love fully, only some random episodes. 

Yes, on set Arthur is also playful with his costars, and he's quite a touchy feely person :). You will see that in videos of his promotional tours with Nana Ouyang, as well as the BTS of Ever Night, My Best Summer and Legend of Awakening. He always bickered and played fights with Song Yiren, casually hugged He Landou (there's also a Douyin clip of him fixing her hair), and nudged Cheng Xiao, even playing with her hair. I think that's why it's quite easy to ship him with his co-stars. In an interview with Song Yiren, he admitted that he's quite introverted, so he'd force himself to talk with and befriend everyone on set. In the process I think that helped him in building chemistry with his castmates, especially his leading ladies. I have no doubt this is happening in the HYX shooting location, and while personally I'm frankly nervous with (some) people shipping him with Leo, he'll need the chemistry for the drama to be successful. I hope it will be projected onscreen, unlike in Legend of Awakening where I couldn't feel his chemistry with Cheng Xiao. (Don't get me wrong, they're very cute in the BTS!).

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Raisa_LYXBR said:

@Raisa_LYXBR  Hi!  Glad you wish to know more about Arthur CFY and I like LYX's acting too.  I have seen him in Ashes of Love up to 10 eps or so and in Princess Silver.  In both dramas I like his portrayal of both characters.  He does have great potential as an actor.  So happy I will get to watch his work again in Immortality.  I would like to see them both more as bromance or close buddies in their new work and yes I want to enjoy the story and their bromance at the same time. :D

12 hours ago, caranita said:

Thanks again, and I'm glad you could enjoy Arthur's work. I can't speak for others here, but I'll surely check Yunxi's works. I'm one of the 5 people in the world who haven't watched Ashes of Love fully, only some random episodes.   ....I hope it will be projected onscreen, unlike in Legend of Awakening where I couldn't feel his chemistry with Cheng Xiao. (Don't get me wrong, they're very cute in the BTS!).

:lol: I'm also one of those who couldn't get into Ashes of Love and gave up.  I watched the show for Yang Zi but end up liking LYX's character a lot.  As for Arthur's chemistry with Cheng Xiao - quite understandable as sometimes she's off and sometimes she's just okay so it's like we, the viewers were not really sure if she as Qin Sang really likes Lu Ping character or not but sometimes their interaction do look cute together.  I just hope she will improve in her acting in the upcoming Spirit Realm.

So happy to hear that LOA is doing really well in ratings.  Shows that many enjoyed the drama.  So far, LOA did not disappoint me.  Eps 1-20 were pleasant and fun; although eps 21-31 were draggy and slightly boring, eps 32 onwards changes to becoming more and more thrilling as plot begins to move on a faster pace.  Remember ages ago we were contemplating if this drama will turn out to be good whilst Arthur was filming at that time?  Well, we have the results now. :w00t: Happy for Arthur too that his popularity has increased.  As I said before, I'm really glad he chose this drama over EN2.  It really made a difference not only to his career but also the chance for him to grow as an actor.  The exposure of working with different artists will widen his knowledge and knowing more people within that circle helps.  Anticipating that he will shine more with greater acting skills soon.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Raisa_LYXBR said:

I wish that people watch the drama and appreciate the artist work. Nowadays, too many people focus on the CP. HYX has not even finished filming so the CP thing is really forced. 
I think HYX will turn out well.I believe in CFY LYX and the team. I just do not want too much hype and forced CP. 

It is necessary for the actors to have good relationship and being relax with each other so the work/chemistry on screen will be well. 
With too many paparazi around, I think that they may be tense.

• Like 4

I went to mydramalist.com and Arthur is list as a spporting role in another drama wiuth Xu Kai and Bai Lu. Has anyone heard abiut this? If it is true, it will be cool. He can play with his friends.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mei2018 said:

I went to mydramalist.com and Arthur is list as a spporting role in another drama wiuth Xu Kai and Bai Lu. Has anyone heard abiut this? If it is true, it will be cool. He can play with his friends.

Never heard about this project before, not even rumored. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mei2018 said:

Are you referring to the coming drama - imperial cusine?

saw it here

https://mydramalist.com/51215-shang-shi

Arthur shows up at no 3 as the support role.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taekwang said:

Are you referring to the coming drama - imperial cusine?

saw it here

https://mydramalist.com/51215-shang-shi

Arthur shows up at no 3 as the support role.

Hm yeah.. the thing is, everyone can edit the content of My Drama List, and there has been cases where fans just made up the cast (like The Golden Hairpin before the production house announced Yang Zi & Kris Wu as leads). I suspect Arthur's name is just put there, because seriously I've never heard of his involvement in this project before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caranita said:

Hm yeah.. the thing is, everyone can edit the content of My Drama List, and there has been cases where fans just made up the cast (like The Golden Hairpin before the production house announced Yang Zi & Kris Wu as leads). I suspect Arthur's name is just put there, because seriously I've never heard of his involvement in this project before.

oh i see ! i would never know right !

so unreliable !!!

I guess you are right as there's no mention of arthur as a supporting role in this new show. I went to look in all other official sites of Imperial Cuisine, including the chinese ones, and none mentions him as a cast member.

must be a crazy fan who keys that in... mad... misleading.... thanks for clarifying ! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, caranita said:

Hoppy Arthur :joy:. Never seen this clip before. Looks like it was from LoA shooting?

lol so cute..!!!!!!!  hopping across the green fields happily.. i wonder who is in front of him !!!!!  <<<<all smiles, happiness index rising after seeing this>>>>

• Like 1
  • LOL 1