[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

20 hours ago, tothestars said:

Yippie so glad with this, but i think Douban rate was down to 6.9 maybe it was because ep 27-28, so slow those ones sigh...

Just checked, it just went down to 6.8. I'm guessing it's also triggered by Qin Sang's death. Oh well :(. I'm bummed but it is what it is. That rating is still pretty decent considering all factors. Now I'm so looking forward to Youth (From Dust, Flower Blooms)!

Thanks for sharing Arthur's vlog! Always love watching him singing with guitar. He's getting better in singing too, and his voice is more suitable to folksy/pop-jazzy tunes. Interesting that the studio touches upon "rumors out there".  I'm wondering if there is another one, or was it referring to the previous ones?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, caranita said:

Just checked, it just went down to 6.8. I'm guessing it's also triggered by Qin Sang's death

Yeah maybe, maybe not. Cheng Xiao's fans should appreciate her drama right, despite she was killed in the drama. Well maybe that is the quality overall for Legend of Awakening, light youth costume drama. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, caranita said:

Just checked, it just went down to 6.8. I'm guessing it's also triggered by Qin Sang's death. Oh well :(. I'm bummed but it is what it is. That rating is still pretty decent considering all factors. Now I'm so looking forward to Youth (From Dust, Flower Blooms)!

Thanks for sharing Arthur's vlog! Always love watching him singing with guitar. He's getting better in singing too, and his voice is more suitable to folksy/pop-jazzy tunes. Interesting that the studio touches upon "rumors out there".  I'm wondering if there is another one, or was it referring to the previous ones?

sad sad sadness in ep 45

Spoiler

qin sang last moments At the highest peak of bei tou.. 

16 hours ago, tothestars said:

On the set for night scenes...

So apparently the situation is like this: Arthur posted his photos in that white shirt on his weibo. Then an hour later he posted this particular picture, implying that he just intentionally led his followers into thinking or guessing of his whereabout (somewhere in the city) -- while he was actually doing a night shooting! :joy:

5 hours ago, tothestars said:

BTS Crying Scene

Thank you so much for this! Interesting what he says about his approach in acting. I google-translated some of the paragraph in the original source (your link), and the translation is a bit different, going like this: "For me, personal emotions are useless. I rely more on the plot...." (the rest is incomplete). My understanding is that he doesn't use his own personal experience to feel emotional --  in this case, to cry. He'd rather analyze how his character perceives and responses to a certain situation, then portrays it. It seems to me he prefers to distance his own self from his roles? So he probably won't use the method technique, which is often effective, yet can be quite extreme (think Christian Bale in The Machinist). IIRC, I once read that Liu Haoran would like to use (try?) this technique. But I could be very wrong though, thanks to not speaking Mandarin! :D 

Now some random rant. Even with this surge of attention of international netizens, it still feels quite hard to find information/news about Arthur. Yes, there are now, like, 100-fold of mentions on Twitter, not to mention IG. But 80% are about HYX, a lot are not even about Arthur but just included in Twitter search machine thanks to user names using "Chen Feiyu" LOL. I'd love to read about what people think of his acting, his movies, etc., even when they're harsh or super critical. But alas, plenty are just mentioning without any context, or interpreting (or over-interpreting, IMO) his interactions with Luo Yunxi.. sighh... Of course there are some gems as well, I'm really thankful for the translations of his interviews, but sadly these are pretty rare :((((

• Like 2

1 hour ago, caranita said:

So apparently the situation is like this: Arthur posted his photos in that white shirt on his weibo. Then an hour later he posted this particular picture, implying that he just intentionally led his followers into thinking or guessing of his whereabout (somewhere in the city) -- while he was actually doing a night shooting! :joy:

Correct! Ahhahaha but i think the fans cant be lured LOL, they have eyes everywhere.

1 hour ago, caranita said:

Thank you so much for this! Interesting what he says about his approach in acting. I google-translated some of the paragraph in the original source (your link), and the translation is a bit different, going like this: "For me, personal emotions are useless. I rely more on the plot...." (the rest is incomplete). My understanding is that he doesn't use his own personal experience to feel emotional --  in this case, to cry. He'd rather analyze how his character perceives and responses to a certain situation, then portrays it. It seems to me he prefers to distance his own self from his roles? So he probably won't use the method technique, which is often effective, yet can be quite extreme (think Christian Bale in The Machinist). IIRC, I once read that Liu Haoran would like to use (try?) this technique. But I could be very wrong though, thanks to not speaking Mandarin! :D 

Wow, i thought in order to let out tears, they have to think something very sad, personal matters or anything, and after the tears comes, they can act naturally. Never thought arthur's technique is really dive into the character and feel what the character's feeling. So he is transformed into luping, not arthur anymore. I read that James McAvoy also do this technique, people around him judge that he became an annoying and dark person when he was playing in Split. He has hard time to go back to his original character after finished shooting. Err....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, caranita said:

Another good news: Legend of Awakening remains on top of the webdrama chart yesterday, and Arthur's popularity climbed to rank 5! Ain't too shabby, eh? :) 

Allright, so i think LoA has won viewers' heart as an idol youth costume drama. I also read somewhere that Arthur's Weibo follower is growing crazily! Oh boy... 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tothestars said:

Wow, i thought in order to let out tears, they have to think something very sad, personal matters or anything, and after the tears comes, they can act naturally. Never thought arthur's technique is really dive into the character and feel what the character's feeling. So he is transformed into luping, not arthur anymore. I read that James McAvoy also do this technique, people around him judge that he became an annoying and dark person when he was playing in Split. He has hard time to go back to his original character after finished shooting. Err....

Actually what James McAvoy did was also method technique (that's why I mentioned earlier about Christian Bale who lost about 30 kgs so he would look malnutritioned & became a completely different personality while shooting The Machinist). I don't think that's what Arthur meant, since what we saw in the BTS he was acting like himself -- he changed in front of the camera. But the point is he doesn't see the need to use his personal experience in order to bring forward certain emotions, he gets carried away by the character and the circumstances as per the script. A representative example of such approach is perhaps like this BTS of Ma Sichun crying in her heartbreaking scene in Mr Fighting:

You can see that even after the camera stopped, she still cried, because she was carried away by the character :).

12 hours ago, tothestars said:

Allright, so i think LoA has won viewers' heart as an idol youth costume drama. I also read somewhere that Arthur's Weibo follower is growing crazily! Oh boy... 

Yayyy... happy to hear that! Hopefully it will grow even larger with HYX -- though I'm still scared with the fandom LOL.

PS. Don't know if you ladies notice, someone is quite unhealthily obsessed with our boy, sigh...  :( 

• Like 1