[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

8 hours ago, caranita said:

--Sorry for cutting your post--

He is one of the actors who actually look better in period costumes AND hair styling. Though we haven't seen him yet in ... ahem... a Qing Dynasty's fashion ;-). But you know, I tried to imagine him half bald, and I think it won't be too bad! Especially if he fixes his posture and stands up straight, without moving his upper body too much like in EN1 & sometimes in LoA. I've noticed that he has moved a LOT less in LoA

though.

I'm not a fan of Qing Dynasty period and yep it's due to the hair style but will still watch any Qing period if it has got good storyline and plot.  I particularly like to watch good story about Emperor Kang Xi.  If Arthur acts in this timeline period, I don't mind either. :lol:

8 hours ago, caranita said:

I'm not a fan of the book, nor am I a fan of the BL genre. I just want to enjoy myself watching him, hoping to see the progress in his acting & how his training in Beijing Academy helps polishing it.

Same here.  I won't read the book but in drama usually the theme will turn into bromance so I am fine with it.  I don't support any BL if its for real as its against nature.

I just hope that our boy will not escalate in popularity like Xiao Zhan otherwise his acting career might be hit badly due to obsessiveness of BL fans.  He just begin his career as he grows in his acting ability.  We want to see his growth happen in the next few years to come.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, caranita said:

BTW, pardon my ignorance. I remember @tothestars and @mei2018 are Buddhist, right? Happy Vesak Day to you ladies! May you and your family be blessed and happy.

Thank you.

Due to Covid-19 pandemic, we do not have ceremonies but peole were doing meditation and chanting at home. 

Lotus to you.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, tothestars said:

Yes you are right! Thank you so much @caranita, may you and family always be blessed too!

@mei2018 Happy Vesak Day my friend, may you and your family alwayas be blessed...

Thank you.

May you and your family be blessed too. May the world be blessed and we all can endure the difficulty during this time. ^^

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, dejun said:

I particularly like to watch good story about Emperor Kang Xi.  If Arthur acts in this timeline period, I don't mind either. :lol:

Like another adaptation of The Deer and the Cauldron? ;-) It's actually one of my least favorite Jin Yong's novel. Why do you like him, or about his reign?

19 hours ago, dejun said:

I just hope that our boy will not escalate in popularity like Xiao Zhan otherwise his acting career might be hit badly due to obsessiveness of BL fans.  He just begin his career as he grows in his acting ability.  We want to see his growth happen in the next few years to come.

Same here! But I have a feeling it's what his team (particularly his parents) has been trying to do. Perhaps not having him regularly in Chinese social media is part of the strategy to avoid unwanted attention, because backlash might ensue. I'm quite concerned about the recent surge of attention of international netizens to Arthur related to HYX. On one hand I'm happy that more people are interested in him and checking his projects. On the other hand, I'm not comfortable by some contents which I find quite disturbing (maybe I'm just too prim and proper haha). In my observation, Arthur's team has been careful not to feed CP/shipping with his leading ladies. I notice there has never been communications with Song Yiren, He Landou, and recently even Nana (despite the fact they've been caught shopping together in Paris, lol) on social media. I think he still maintains his friendship with them on a more private platforms (otherwise Yiren wouldn't have said Arthur told her about him enrolling in Beijing Academy), but he's very adamant not to show anything publicly. So in my opinion, some netizens shipping him with Leo isn't really what his team wants. But I can also see Tencent or perhaps other investors want to milk something to create and sustain hype from the get go. Arthur's family may be influential enough in China to tame the shipping narrative back home,  but won't have legs in the international market. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tothestars said:

Our boy is enjoying his weekend, eating odeng, culinary time!

10 hours ago, tothestars said:

Cute Lu Ping from Arthur Studio

What's odeng?

When he's playful and so child-like that way, he's very different from the manly and imposing character he projects on screen -- thanks to his charisma and screen presence :))). His Lu Ping is very attractive that I often forget he was only 18 back then. Didn't he say in the interview about LoA that the director thought he was already 26? I can totally understand why! LOL. 

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, caranita said:

What's odeng?

When he's playful and so child-like that way, he's very different from the manly and imposing character he projects on screen -- thanks to his charisma and screen presence :))). His Lu Ping is very attractive that I often forget he was only 18 back then. Didn't he say in the interview about LoA that the director thought he was already 26? I can totally understand why! LOL. 

Odeng korean dish, it is fish cake put into wood stick like satay, do you know satay? But sometimes odeng is consumed with soup.

Yeah i remember the director forgot about him still 18 LOL, he will become older once he wear costume and play the character. Lu Ping is so charismatic and mature. I dont how old is Lu Ping?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, caranita said:

Like another adaptation of The Deer and the Cauldron? ;-) It's actually one of my least favorite Jin Yong's novel. Why do you like him, or about his reign?

It can be any Qing period story as long as Arthur's in it. :D I do admire Emperor Kang Xi so any adaptation of his reign will be fine.  I wasn't happy with The Chronicle of Life which I dropped after a few episodes.  I was hoping it will turn out great as it depicts the love life of Kang Xi.

15 hours ago, caranita said:

Same here! But I have a feeling it's what his team (particularly his parents) has been trying to do. Perhaps not having him regularly in Chinese social media is part of the strategy to avoid unwanted attention, because backlash might ensue. I'm quite concerned about the recent surge of attention of international netizens to Arthur related to HYX. On one hand I'm happy that more people are interested in him and checking his projects. On the other hand, I'm not comfortable by some contents which I find quite disturbing (maybe I'm just too prim and proper haha). In my observation, Arthur's team has been careful not to feed CP/shipping with his leading ladies. I notice there has never been communications with Song Yiren, He Landou, and recently even Nana (despite the fact they've been caught shopping together in Paris, lol) on social media. I think he still maintains his friendship with them on a more private platforms (otherwise Yiren wouldn't have said Arthur told her about him enrolling in Beijing Academy), but he's very adamant not to show anything publicly. So in my opinion, some netizens shipping him with Leo isn't really what his team wants. But I can also see Tencent or perhaps other investors want to milk something to create and sustain hype from the get go. Arthur's family may be influential enough in China to tame the shipping narrative back home,  but won't have legs in the international market. 

We have to be thankful he has parents very experienced with entertainment line to help him handle the media well like what is private life should be preserved to balance out public life.  He is still young so he should enjoy life before he reaches adulthood since there's less responsibility.  In relation to HYX issue, you aren't being prim and proper but is standing on what is right as this is a moral issue.  Although we should not hate the people who indulges in this or outcast them but it should be placed in the same category like one having multiple partners and cheating on his/her partner or taking drugs.  It should not be encouraged.  It's against nature and certain religious beliefs.  To be able to stop the spread at homeground from escalating will ease and lessen the effect internationally.  Besides, I hope that Arthur's current fans would not allow such things to hamper him as his gradual rise in popularity stems from being in EN1 and now LOA.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, tothestars said:

Odeng korean dish, it is fish cake put into wood stick like satay, do you know satay? But sometimes odeng is consumed with soup.

Ah thank you! I don't think I've had odeng before, maybe I should try it.

BTW, nice new DP! ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, caranita said:

Ah thank you! I don't think I've had odeng before, maybe I should try it.

BTW, nice new DP! ;)

Yeah you should try odeng, hot n warm soup suitable for cold weather.

Haahha yeah first thing i had in mind when i look at the tissot images! Wow i will have new DP LOL!

21 minutes ago, caranita said:

Our boy finally broke Top 10 for Vlinkage Actor Popularity Chart :)! There he is at #7.

And meanwhile Legend of Awakening stays at the top for 2 or 3 consecutive days.

Yippie so glad with this, but i think Douban rate was down to 6.9 maybe it was because ep 27-28, so slow those ones sigh...

• Like 2