[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

3 hours ago, caranita said:

I agree that Yiren was more natural than Arthur back then, but I don't really dig her other newer projects. I thought she was a little stiff in Prince of Tennis, and not as impressive in what little I saw in Time to Love. But I want to check The Best of You in My Mind  since I also like Zhang Yao. 

Errr i dont really watch romance drama, so i dont watch them too, but sometimes for detoxing i watch romance drama LOL, last drama i watched was Put Your Head into My Shoulder, yeah quite nice...

• Like 1

I saw that Arthur got into Top 20 VLinkage Chart on Monday. I believe this is the first time for him since the show started airing? Cheng Xiao has been there for a while, and Song Yiren too! Arthur rarely trends on these charts. Remember during EN1, he was only on the chart when the drama was drawing to its finale, and EN1 finally topped the chart.

79aba393gy1geh90wzouhj20g50l1416.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 4:14 AM, tothestars said:

China is not afraid of covid anymore yeah?

Are their hotels located outside of Hengdian studio? I don't understand why people are allowed  to gather there.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, caranita said:

Are their hotels located outside of Hengdian studio? I don't understand why people are allowed  to gather there.

Dont know, even Hengdian Studio is a public place or only for shooting , i dont know LOL.

1 hour ago, caranita said:

I saw that Arthur got into Top 20 VLinkage Chart on Monday. I believe this is the first time for him since the show started airing? Cheng Xiao has been there for a while, and Song Yiren too! Arthur rarely trends on these charts. Remember during EN1, he was only on the chart when the drama was drawing to its finale, and EN1 finally topped the chart.

So this is also popularity chart? I saw xiao zhan wang yibo  zu yilong, permanent resident of the chart LOL

• LOL 1

10 minutes ago, tothestars said:

Dont know, even Hengdian Studio is a public place or only for shooting , i dont know LOL.

As far as I know, people can tour in Hengdian Studios. It's only be reopened recently for shooting, but I don't think general public/visitors are already allowed. I could be wrong though.

8 minutes ago, tothestars said:

So this is also popularity chart? I saw xiao zhan wang yibo  zu yilong, permanent resident of the chart LOL

Yes, it's popularity chart! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caranita said:

Yes, it's popularity chart! 

I think it is a popularity chart for the social media so in my mind it only reflect part but not all of the true popularity. I think it counted the votes and activities on the internet too.

As arthur rarely posted on his weibo, the splash is less. 
I also do not like to vote so I do not pay much attention to it. It may reflect how many younger fans he has though.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2020 at 10:42 AM, caranita said:

Is it just me or Arthur and Cheng Xiao lacked that chemistry? I can't root for their pairing, although it's obvious from the start that they are canon. Their lovey dovey scenes feel cringeworthy to me. Arthur's chemistry with Song Yiren & He Landou were off the chart that I could've easily shipped them off screen. Sadly, it's the opposite in LoA. :cry:

Arthur is trying his level best but Cheng Xiao is not responding through her acting.  That's why there's no chemistry.  In the show, you can only see that Lu Ping likes Qin Sang a lot but hardly obvious from her side.  We see sparks of chemistry between Arthur and Song Yiren as Yiren is a better actress than him.  Cheng Xiao is a rookie so just have to let this slide.

19 hours ago, caranita said:

I agree that Yiren was more natural than Arthur back then, but I don't really dig her other newer projects. I thought she was a little stiff in Prince of Tennis, and not as impressive in what little I saw in Time to Love. But I want to check The Best of You in My Mind  since I also like Zhang Yao. 

Co-star plays a part.  Just like what happened to Arthur and Cheng Xiao.  If the focus in the drama story is a couple but their chemistry is not there then this will kill the interest of the show.  For LOA, the focus is not main couple but on plot with main cast so the pressure on main lead couple is not as heavy.

My brother commented that Arthur looks very handsome in LOA more so than EN1. :w00t: :wub:

• Love 2

1 hour ago, dejun said:

My brother commented that Arthur looks very handsome in LOA more so than EN1. :w00t: :wub:

Well, I agree with your brother, and I think that's now the general consensus :D

1 hour ago, dejun said:

Arthur is trying his level best but Cheng Xiao is not responding through her acting.  That's why there's no chemistry.  In the show, you can only see that Su Ping likes Qin Sang a lot but hardly obvious from her side.  We see sparks of chemistry between Arthur and Song Yiren as Yiren is a better actress than him.  Cheng Xiao is a rookie so just have to let this slide.

Yeah, both Yiren and He Landou are more experienced actresses. As for Yiren, it might've also helped that they had interacted prior to shooting. But I believe Arthur & Landou met for the first time at My Best Summer's shooting location. 

Thankfully romance doesn't take bigger part in the show, yet. Let's hope it will continue that way, with or without a wedding. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dejun said:

Me too!!!! At first look years ago, we really underestimated the hair style, but now omg he is handsome!! Elevated hundred times LOL 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Despite the call from HYX production company to stop leaks, they're still coming left and right! I won't lie, I actually love seeing them, because Arthur looks so damn handsome. He's very well suited for historical garb, and IMO even looks better in them than in modern clothing. But at the same time I feel sorry because it will prolly ruin the shooting process. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, caranita said:

Despite the call from HYX production company to stop leaks, they're still coming left and right! I won't lie, I actually love seeing them, because Arthur looks so damn handsome. He's very well suited for historical garb, and IMO even looks better in them than in modern clothing. But at the same time I feel sorry because it will prolly ruin the shooting process. 

Yeah true true true! Cant imagine if i were one of them at hengdian, watching Arthur in costume, how come i will not take out my cellphone to take a pic??? Or maybe i will froze and doing nothing just drolling looking at him LOL. Today's still or yesterday i forget, he was in red and white, awesome!!!!

Hopefully the script and plot is good, and arthur can immerse to be Mo Ran! The burden and the stake is too high this time, hopefully our boy can manage this, mentally prepared for the worst.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dejun said:

You're right!  It's good to see Arthur in period costumes.  He's  so good looking as compared to his appearance in modern setting.

He is one of the actors who actually look better in period costumes AND hair styling. Though we haven't seen him yet in ... ahem... a Qing Dynasty's fashion ;-). But you know, I tried to imagine him half bald, and I think it won't be too bad! Especially if he fixes his posture and stands up straight, without moving his upper body too much like in EN1 & sometimes in LoA. I've noticed that he has moved a LOT less in LoA

though.

3 hours ago, tothestars said:

Yeah true true true! Cant imagine if i were one of them at hengdian, watching Arthur in costume, how come i will not take out my cellphone to take a pic??? Or maybe i will froze and doing nothing just drolling looking at him LOL. Today's still or yesterday i forget, he was in red and white, awesome!!!!

Hahahahah! I'd certainly freeze and drool! We should give credit to the hairstylists and designers, they really know how to dress him up. 

3 hours ago, tothestars said:

Hopefully the script and plot is good, and arthur can immerse to be Mo Ran! The burden and the stake is too high this time, hopefully our boy can manage this, mentally prepared for the worst.

I'm not a fan of the book, nor am I a fan of the BL genre. I just want to enjoy myself watching him, hoping to see the progress in his acting & how his training in Beijing Academy helps polishing it.

BTW, pardon my ignorance. I remember @tothestars and @mei2018 are Buddhist, right? Happy Vesak Day to you ladies! May you and your family be blessed and happy.

• Thanks 2

BTW, pardon my ignorance. I remember @tothestars and @mei2018 are Buddhist, right? Happy Vesak Day to you ladies! May you and your family be blessed and happy.

Yes you are right! Thank you so much @caranita, may you and family always be blessed too!

@mei2018 Happy Vesak Day my friend, may you and your family alwayas be blessed...

I'm not a fan of the book, nor am I a fan of the BL genre. I just want to enjoy myself watching him, hoping to see the progress in his acting & how his training in Beijing Academy helps polishing it.

I am trying to read it, i am so curious why it is so famous, even the novel is hard to find for the free one in web. Hopefully i have time to read it LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1