[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

I didnt read the comment, they cant be translated :bawling:. I heard he said about it in the last few minutes left in the interview after the show. But i dont know exactly what he said.

I found this funny image of him on the photo shoot. Surely not a Dior style or prince :joy:

4o1qtkc27c7yxp5y0p0w5jet9.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

41 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

We have a Vietnamese fan who has talent to make cartoon-version of CFY in Dior.

Credit as tagged.

What a talented artist. The cartoon version doesn't show CFY's thick eyebrows, but somehow they actually look like him! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Maybe we can ask his studio to record him talking in english for non-speaking-mandarin fans. If you want, i will list it in here.

Can we really ask his studio? That would be great if you could help send them the message!

• Like 1

Yeah we can contact them via weibo or instagram, or we can DM CFY on Instagram or Weibo, but pretty sure he got thousands of DM every day, so most likely he only read them randomly. So maybe one of you have friends in china that close to CFY fans club, ask them for help plz :tounge_xd:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, angelangie said:

How do you call each other?

CFY: Dad

CKG: **whistles** When he was young, around 5 or 6, that is our signal for him.

Is CKF a strick father?

CKG: When he was 4 years old, I gave him a slap because I was asking him, 4 + 4 is how much? He think about it for almost half year, already 4 years old. 4+4 also you don't know? How can this be?

CFY: Not only I didn't managed to answer it, when I knew that 4+4 is 8, I didn't even wrote it out, but drew 2 circles instead, sticking together.

Dad love eldest brother more or little brother more?

CFY: Both sides of the hands are also meat

CKG: Our household don't have such a thing, things that should say will be said

Sons follow dad more or mom more?

CFY: *showing both picture*

CKG: Look like Chen Hong more, but kinda follow my aura. When young, they were kind soft and polite, the most similar sides is the eyes, simple and clean.

Take a guess on what drama and roles mom playing?

Video1: MeiLan isn't  yours and also isn't mine, she is ZhouEr one.

CKG: DaDa underestimated our guessing ability. 'MeiLanFang' there is one character called FuZiFang

Video2: From now on, we just talk don't touch here and there. 1 year big and 2 small one, make others can't even respect.

CKG: Director XieTiaLi filmed 'HongErMongLi' ZiJun

Video3: This times mister let me feel the truth of love

CFY: DaMingGong, Tai Ping GongZhu

CFY: When I was young, princess in my mind has a definite impressions, is someone from up and above which is my mom

CKG: My mom, then he just walk off.

What each other love dishes?

CFY: Fried liver. Yes preferably fried liver.

CKG: As long as it is prepare by me, they will love it.

CFY: Wa, so confident?

CKG: Definitely.

What will you do if you seen some bad comments against your dad?

CKG: Oh they talking about you again. I think this is good enough.

CFY: We will never talk about each other in the net, be it about dad or mom or even brother on what they were doing.

When do you feel that your son had grown up?

CFY: When you don't let your parents worried.

CKG: I never feel he grown up, why must he grow up?

Do you guys want to hug each other?

CKG: Always, here. Definitely.

Thank you so much for the video and the translation!

OMG thank you so much @angelangie you are my saviour :kiss_wink::kiss_wink:,  his answer is good and we know he is mature and old school type, but he didnt admit it or havent realized, i think it is good too :tounge_xd:

In the full version China Literature Award video, we can see after he reached his seat (which exactly seated in front of his father seat), his dad give him a shake hand, which is like congratulating between colleague, which is i thought it was more profesional, not a hug which will create more "drama", that's why i respect his family attitude, they really know how, when and where to act properly, especially in public area.

• Like 4

Thanks for the translation @angelangie. You truly are an angel :D

The interview confirms me of his maturity level. He really is an old soul. His view on high heels and super short skirt is quite amusing to read. Although my feminist side is tickled a little bit, I understand where he came from. Like most men, even those growing up in the entertainment industry, he won't understand the length women are willing to go to look attractive LOL. His best wishes are also quite funny -- get those A's! It's like he's giving advice to young children LOLOL. 

PS. He seems pretty independent to me. I saw a YouTube video where he was showing how to pack -- I bet he knows how to fold fitted sheets!:D

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Does anyone know what he said about his character Lu Ping? I'm curious whether it will follow the novel or not

I think I've heard him speaking English somewhere. His english was great.

Perhaps he is ..predicting his future :huh: :sweatingbullets: 

Based on @angelangie translation, he only said about a memorable scene when shooting LoA. I was also expecting more about LoA, but appearently he really only talk what being asked, no less and no more, he really keep it as a secret.

• Like 3

Thank you @angelangie, for the translations :love: in the midst of your CNY preparations.

While, what can I say about these generation boys, huh!!!! They think independently and they r really very very matured.  Also look at LHR.  These guys don't hesitate to express their views and not show fake attitude to earn fans.  And this boy is just 18, his views/answers are exemplary.  Hope he continues to be  humble and honest guy as always in the future too.  Fighting!!!!!:heart::wub:

• Like 3

17 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Ah i also Buddhist, and i have my India Holy Pilgrimage in Jan 2013, it took hmm around 12 days using train and bus. Being a Buddhist is not a guarantee someone will be a good person, we havent reached enlightment though :tounge_xd:, so we still have demon seeds deep down inside LOL, so we should not bother think that too much. The buddhist philosophy we have learnt and practiced in our life, hopefully they are good for us and for other people around us. Since good for our self doesnt mean will be good for other people, vice versa, good for other people doesnt mean good for us.

Yeah one thing i love about EN is we can learn that there is no absolute good and evil, and there is no absolute light and dark, when the night comes, there will be the moon shines, altough it is only a reflection from the sun. Good sect turns out to be evil, evil sect turns out to be good. Title of evil n good people, they are men made. And you right there are so many philosophy inside EN, something is good to be a reminder to our humanity. Kind like a chicken soup for our soul :joy:

Wow this discussion really getting heavier right? :joy: 

Yep! Just by declaring to be a Buddhist is not enough to garantee that you are a good person. You need to truely practice it. All of the Buddhist characters even monks and nuns in EN except for the abbot that help SangSang, does not have true kindness that is a key of Buddhism.

You would not preemptively killing someone base on the something bad that they have not done yet.

Also, labelling some groups in genera as evils and doing evil thing to them is a no..no too.

Well, the discussion is getting heavier indeed. :tounge_xd:

One part that I love the most is the fact that NQ is not the general'son but the son of a maid and a potter. It broke the clinche.

• Like 3

Somehow i really like his interview, because we always get shocked of his old soul answer. Errr that's why, i am asking again for translating his other interview with Hai Bao, would you @angelangiewhen you have time, anytime :wub:...

I managed to understand it lil bit after watching it couple times, like how he love his outfit from Dior altough it was thin cloth and not wearing any inner, and the weather in Paris was cold, but it is okay (so profesional), and he talk about his father, he ask him for advice for his drama, and also talk lil bit of LoA, and his family Chinese New Year family tradition, he hasnt met his other family for about 8 years? And i think after this he only focus on study before he accept another projects. CMIIW.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

yes he meet some great ppl along the way.... though i think NingQue was in 2016? im not sure what he meant by the last two character and probably maybe NingQue was his first stellar character that propel him into a big hit he is today.....besides that.....

he seems to be fill with humbleness and of course with a lil cockiness in it....hahaha ...he did it with style though :) 

which was why some of them said he had an old soul in his body :D 

Yes, i am so grateful that CFY got the role of NQ, he has read the book, and it really full of philosophy literally or implicit, of how cruel life is and how we can choose to embrace and accept it or not willing to accept it and become thorn in our soul. This thing should make our mind become wiser, and i believe a long the journey of making the film, he got something bigger since he became NQ's character.

About lil cockiness you said, i once read article wrote about his speech in China Literature Award, his first statement of being a new comer and able to success portraying a character, it is a must! They said it was cocky, but after he talked about his dream to get stronger and bigger than his famous dad, all of the cocky image become nothing, he only a kid that accept of coming from famous family background and struggle to make his own fame. So you are right, he has his pride and cockiness, but he has the reason, he has worked hard and he should get the praise for his hardwork.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, rhaps said:

I love u again, @angelangie

Thanks!

He always gets into the water in every drama that he's in, isn't he ? Well,  accept for Secret Fruit .. but he had to stand under the rain there . I wonder whether he has to jump into the water again in his 3rd drama :P

Here you are CFY with water

In Ever Night

https://fx.weico.net/share/54146168.html?weibo_id=4304904845351241

20190121-115900.jpg

In Legend of Awakening

20190121-122630.jpg

20190121-122710.jpg

20190121-122721.jpg

Spoiler

20190121-122645.jpg

20190121-122657.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rhaps said:

@epinklyn, thanks a lot. He was shooting on winter, wasnt he? :dizzy: . Zero degree Celcius??? If I were him, then I'd be sick. I cant stand cold. I even wear jacket at work because of the air-conditioning. 

And he looked cold in the scene of EN too . Well, luckily he's still a strong young man. 

Yes @rhaps, they started on Sept 2018, and it was autumn to winter hhuhuhu, you can see from the video, he was shaking, just like in Ever Night, but this time i think it is more dangerous, since he has to submerge into the cold water in winter, so... Like he said in the interview, ha barely can breath :cry: