[Thai BL Drama 2019] Theory of Love ทฤษฎีจีบเธอ

Jin_mi

On 8/17/2019 at 2:06 PM, deltos said:

And they must take place in middle school, high school, or college...Oh wait...if it took place in say, at a place of employment it wouldn't be BL...it would be ML and that's a whole different genre - LOL

It's all about redemption...of all the d**khead  characters I've seen he's the only one that has the possibility of redemption...theory being, if he's never known love - when he finds it he will change - cause love changes you... :phew: And Third fell into him Freshman year LAFS...he'd have to pack up and leave to even begin to let Kai go...and that's not happening...so it's waiting for Kai to wake up and meet him where he is... and there we have the novel/series...with some stuff in the middle. We'll see what happens in a few hours...:lol:

First point being that the actors are now in their twenties. Off is 28, Gun 25 playing university students (19-23 ish). The definition of BL if we are going to strictly limit it to 'boy' is pretty much stretched already.

To be honest I don't care what they call it ; if it has a plot that I find entertaining and the actors are capable, I'll watch it. I am of an age now where watching kids in shorts is becoming uncomfortable :unsure:

Ah yes 'the power of love' (queue Frankie Goes To Hollywood). I'll watch the last part when it comes out with sub-titles. I am going to guess that all has panned out well and we have a happy ending. That in itself is a progression ; nobody got sent to the States (a terrible punishment in itself), got shot, died or reincarnated (I would have been so upset if HCTM had finished with the latter - letters would have been written) :)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

Just remind this simple fact that into BL, there is the word BOY, not man. All adolescent dreams are made first for adolescent dreamers. This is the main target, you cement with or not, that's our own choice!

Perhaps, but BL is a term, is it not, that deals with anything that includes a male/male scenario.  I am not immersed in all of this so I cannot give an advised opinion. I don't see it as a genre that only deals with teenagers. All of the guys in TOL are men in their twenties - the actors certainly are.

If the story is interesting I'll watch. I just wished that the writers would try something with a plot that centred on something other than bringing two people together. I am not saying that they discard the falling in love bit, just move it to a slightly secondary position. If that means it is not strictly BL well fine, they will just have to open a new forum in here for male/male stories that do not revolve around school. Perhaps there is one already and I just haven't looked.

What l liked about HCTM was the fact that there was an underlying mystery to be solved.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/16/2019 at 8:52 AM, deltos said:

One of the things I really liked about TOL was their marketing concept for the series... and no, I did not do this compilation....some fan with lots of time on twitter did it !  :lol:

ecapey5uiaamkbq.jpeg

A great cast !  And the Pan/Bone side story...was exactly that..a side story..didn't spill into the ML storyline. 

screen-shot-2019-08-11-at-8.00.15-pm.png

:hushed: never think about it! ^ 

6 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Ah yes 'the power of love' (queue Frankie Goes To Hollywood). I'll watch the last part when it comes out with sub-titles. I am going to guess that all has panned out well and we have a happy ending. That in itself is a progression ; nobody got sent to the States (a terrible punishment in itself), got shot, died or reincarnated (I would have been so upset if HCTM had finished with the latter - letters would have been written) :)

By now you should know...:D

5 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Perhaps, but BL is a term, is it not, that deals with anything that includes a male/male scenario.  I am not immersed in all of this so I cannot give an advised opinion. I don't see it as a genre that only deals with teenagers. All of the guys in TOL are men in their twenties - the actors certainly are.

well remember the target audience is 13-18 (girls).   so boys are viewed differently than men...( ok don't start..LOL ). Most of the BL coming out this fall is blue shorts or college. even though too started out that way...I'm appreciative for taking us 4 years in the future...it brought close and they were adulating by then. 

5 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

If that means it is not strictly BL well fine, they will just have to open a new forum in here for male/male stories that do not revolve around school. Perhaps there is one already and I just haven't looked.

What l liked about HCTM was the fact that there was an underlying mystery to be solved.

When you find it...let me know:lol:...or sa why don't you just start a forum...:P  HCTM--was different which made it work - and the OS cpl was nice...

35 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

The pink ice lolly :grin:

You mean this :

Spoiler

screen-shot-2019-08-18-at-4.56.18-pm.png

The thought bubbles were all over their heads...no doubt what the next scene could have been....might I say,  for gmmtv...it was erotic AF. !:glasses:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mellialuna said:

I think I'm gonna rewatch all their parts!

I think I'm gonna rewatch all the series. 

Just can't believe it's over, i'm still like accepting it. Just working in my mind to realize the conclusions about. may take sometime, some days

There were so many beatyful moments in this episode. But one, was very outstanding for me. The first scene of this episode. It made me very emotive, The guy who plays Third, is amazing, at this scene and throughout the whole series the characters seems very true, and deeply constructed. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, deltos said:

You mean this :

Reveal hidden contents

screen-shot-2019-08-18-at-4.56.18-pm.png

The thought bubbles were all over their heads...no doubt what the next scene could have been....might I say,  for gmmtv...it was erotic AF. !:glasses:

Yes !

You could read a lot of things into that visual but innocence wouldn't be one of them. No chance that the scene was there by accident.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Seems White's hair have already grown, but he still hide it under a cap.))

Btw, if to look on White&Earth ship outside the series it probably was someone good idea to pair them considering that they both have their previous ships - lets say -"expired".))

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, aniola said:

Btw, if to look on White&Earth ship outside the series it probably was someone good idea to pair them considering that they both have their previous ships - lets say -"expired".))

I think the actor development division of gmmtv is no joke ( reminds me of JYP). Earth has been around since Waterboyy with no real ship and a moderately small fanbase. White comes with a huge fanbase ( LS).And since they haven't left acting, bringing the two of them together albeit brief  in TOL was testing the waters....I'd say we'll see more of them down the road...:phew:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

9 hours ago, aniola said:

Hair grown up but still too short for his famed frontal fringe, so it is better to hide the gap with a cap!

15 hours ago, deltos said:

Now I would call them a Fated Pair...:phew:

Fated pair maybe, appreciate fated pair for sure! An opportunistic marketing temptation? Who is able to predict how it will turn? BTW, after that, it seems they receive a great welcome, and i'm among the crowd who agree with!