[Thai BL Drama 2019] Theory of Love ทฤษฎีจีบเธอ

Jin_mi

1 hour ago, mellialuna said:

For me it's not the same stories!

For Lynn, Two fall in love with her in highschool, a lot of time passed and he stays with this one-side love but he met someone else, and the feeling doesn't start when he was with Lynn, but it start with jealousy about Third, then the other guy at the restaurant. 

And for Plaifah, like a lot of homosexual, he tries with a girl to be sure he's not into girls! I never thought he liked her! They are friends and she happens to like him, so he tries.

I'm thinking more about process - not so much the story arc...the outcome is the same. The girls become the evidence that the guy likes guys.

It still suggest that you don't know you are gay until you kiss a gurl...that trope is all skewed ..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, aniola said:

I'm actually puzzled about Lynn figuring out that Two doesn't like her as he use to. Is it so strange to help a friend if you know that he is afraid of dark? Why they all three acted as if she saw them... kissing for example? And about photos... i probably wouldn't notice, so i can't understand this part either. Does It make Two not a very good photographer if he starts to make less nice photo just because he don't love Lynn anymore?.

I actually get what she was saying. I also do photography and can tell the difference between a photo I took  based on my state of mind...the image doesn't change, but my mind and how I shoot the image changes.  Sometimes I don't realize it until someone points that out to me.

Lyn was seeing that the photo's Too took when he first saw her..and the photo's he took of her after he interacted with AN were different...in short, the energy was missing. You have to love the subject you are photographing...and I mean love in a wider term, it has to have all of your focus conscious and subconscious...if not, you have a dead image  it's pretty, but that's all.

I actually thought that was perfect foreshadow of what was to come...even the dark auditorium and the light she shone on Too and Un...a deep metaphor...and she brought closure and insight at the end...those scenes were done well...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, deltos said:

It still suggest that you don't know you are gay until you kiss a gurl...that trope is all skewed ..

I remember in my youth to only have sexual attraction for boys when i was a teen, even if i had a deep friendship for three years with a girl. We were officially a couple, however, we never kissed, i just tryed to do what my student colleagues does all around me. I think there is many ways to discover you are gay, Un attraction for Two is another exemple.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, gogole mongol said:

I remember in my youth to only have sexual attraction for boys when i was a teen, even if i had a deep friendship for three years with a girl. We were officially a couple, however, we never kissed, i just tryed to do what my student colleagues does all around me. I think there is many ways to discover you are gay, Un attraction for Two is another exemple.

very true...and I wish there more BL series that were "no pass or fail test required " :joy: 

• Insightful 1

On 7/8/2019 at 9:32 PM, deltos said:

I think when Too had to get computer charged was the first inkling...yeah 2nd lead syndrome for these two is real !

The scene at the lake (Ep 5) where Too was trying to recover the heart he had made for Lynn clinched it for me. En was a bit too emphatic about people in love being stupid whilst looking into Too's eyes. He then puts his arm around him and shifts a wee bit closer. For guys who are supposed to dislike each other I thought it an overly friendly gesture. He could have simply patted him on the shoulder (the closer one).

• Like 2

On 7/24/2019 at 1:03 AM, gogole mongol said:

This ep 8 is a true good one, a heavy one, again with a few new surprises, while some are strengthened. Even Shawee become a more important part of the casting! Khai learn many new things that will be part of his close future life, until these things change (if they will). This time, tear drops moved to a new face! I will not give a sight to ep9 trailer, i prefer to watch the complete ep, waiting for new surprise! 

Some interesting twists in the plot but I am still not a fan of Khai. Yes he is jealous but for me it is played as though Khai believes that Third should 'belong' to him. I am not convinced by this sudden change of heart. "I'm going to chase after Third." that's all it is ; a hunt. He doesn't talk in terms of winning back his friend for friendship's sake. He views it as a competition.

Khai has treated Third really badly for most of their friendship - or what we have seen portrayed. He knows what Third feels for him and now when faced with Third having a close friend doesn't like the idea. There is no remorse, he is going to quit the play because he doesn't like seeing Third with En/Un. No thoughts as to what Third might want or feel.

I have my doubts as to where En's intentions lie, but if it turns out that he really does have feelings for Third then good on him, he seems like a much more sympathetic kind of guy.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

Some interesting twists in the plot but I am still not a fan of Khai.

As you, i'm not a Khai's fan, because his behaviouring is the one of an idiot! However, i'm sure, deeply hidden in himself, he have a real quest for love.And for now, he constantly act as a crazy guy to express oneself! His fundamental question is which kind of love he want (and with who) to reach a stable and well-balanced state of mind! For now, he publicly proclaim his feeling for third, and i don't believe it is a new game for him. I'm ready to bet one € on it! I also think he must have his "Way of the cross" moment, because his recent past toward Third isn't the real way to become an angel! I prefer believe he just discover his redemption road, and it is good he must to walk on a few times! So sincere or not? Only next eps will show us, and i guess new misunderstanding are coming...just what my emotion's quest need!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

I have my doubts as to where En's intentions lie, but if it turns out that he really does have feelings for Third then good on him, he seems like a much more sympathetic kind of guy.

Did you see E10 ?  The answer is there...lol

7 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

I also think he must have his "Way of the cross" moment, because his recent past toward Third isn't the real way to become an angel! I prefer believe he just discover his redemption road, and it is good he must to walk on a few times! So sincere or not? Only next eps will show us, and i guess new misunderstanding are coming...just what my emotion's quest need!

I'm waiting for the shoe to drop ! Kai can't get to perfection so easily....he will Fraake up...and it's coming...Guys like him have to fall down many times before they can walk with out falling...amd where does that leave Third in the meantime ?

• Like 3

On 8/5/2019 at 5:52 AM, deltos said:

What I see beginning to happen is this; five years ago you would be hard pressed to find many gay men watching BL and those that did ( myself included) were kinda silent about the tropes and stereotypical behaviour portrayed. Fast forward, today there is a voice, there are  guys who challenge the status quo vocally. Like the whole seme/uke thing ( terms I personally despise). Take Un and Too. You can't label them one or the other - however they are both Alpha men which perhaps is more the norm among real cpls than not. 

I have YouTube to thank for bringing me into this world which I pop into from time to time. I arrived in here because of Sotus TOS (as opposed to Sotus TNG). For quite a while I felt like the only male present and had some difficulties in accepting the idea that many of the females present had an obsession with who did what in the partnership. I discovered new terms to describe men that, to me, seemed to have no bearing on real life but based purely on the way a guy acted, looked or his social standing with the other.

Suggesting that because one guy was senior to the other didn't mean that he was the dominant one in bed seemed to be considered a crazy idea. As you say, the males were stereotyped, not necessarily from the writer's point of view but certainly from that of the fans. There is now more acceptance that men can't be labelled at random. Until you actually get to see a couple in bed and physically interacting on a regular basis (something that is not likely to happen in any of these series) you can't really define either partner.

I agree with you on the Un and Too couple. Too has probably never even considered doing anything with a guy and we have no indication at all as to what Un's thoughts are on the matter. Likewise, just because Third has always been Khai's servant come general dogsbody does not mean that he could not be the active partner. The male/male world is more complicated than some fans understand but they are getting there.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

On 8/5/2019 at 6:47 PM, aniola said:

Two had a crush on Lynn for a long time so it makes sense that he asked her to be his girlfriend when he saw a chance. But i wish he didn't. He had waited so long, if only he would waited a little longer to understand his own feelings. But it would be too simple for the drama.))

I'm actually puzzled about Lynn figuring out that Two doesn't like her as he use to. Is it so strange to help a friend if you know that he is afraid of dark? Why they all three acted as if she saw them... kissing for example? And about photos... i probably wouldn't notice, so i can't understand this part either. Does It make Two not a very good photographer if he starts to make less nice photo just because he don't love Lynn anymore?.-_- 

Indeed, I was a bit baffled as to what she saw or thought she saw that would make her go off like that.

I rather think that Two has always wanted to date Lynn. Time has moved on though, and when she finally becomes available Two makes his move. He is getting her on the rebound and may have discovered that being with her wasn't quite the same as worshipping her from afar. That said the overheard conversation is obviously weighing on his mind. I found it interesting that Two never thought that the person who had just become 'unavailable' was Lynn !

Two is sitting in the car with Lynn having just had Un confess his love for him. If that doesn't come as a shock that makes your mind wander off a bit I don't know what would. Having discovered the truth he seems more shell shocked than pleased.

I would have been disappointed in Two if he had not gone back into the building to get Un. After all, he has already played the prank on Un so he knows first hand what the effects of a blackout will have on him. There is the suggestion though that he hesitates - he certainly does not rush back into the building and it is Lynn that says : 'what about the people in the building ?'.

As for the photos, I think that the failure of the shots is more a symptom of Two's mind being occupied elsewhere. Not sure that it means he has feelings for Un.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

I found it interesting that Two never thought that the person who had just become 'unavailable' was Lynn !

I had the same thought! 

Because Un already pin Too to the wall when he found about Too's love for Lynn, he could have been jealousy (it was but not for the person we all hope it was!).

1 hour ago, dustinmyeye said:

Sotus TOS (as opposed to Sotus TNG)

May you explain?

Until you actually get to see a couple in bed and physically interacting on a regular basis (something that is not likely to happen in any of these series) you can't really define either partner.

Exactly! 

• Like 3

On 8/5/2019 at 7:15 PM, deltos said:

I actually get what she was saying. I also do photography and can tell the difference between a photo I took  based on my state of mind...the image doesn't change, but my mind and how I shoot the image changes.  Sometimes I don't realise it until someone points that out to me.

Lyn was seeing that the photo's Too took when he first saw her..and the photo's he took of her after he interacted with AN were different...in short, the energy was missing. You have to love the subject you are photographing...and I mean love in a wider term, it has to have all of your focus conscious and subconscious...if not, you have a dead image  it's pretty, but that's all.

I actually thought that was perfect foreshadow of what was to come...even the dark auditorium and the light she shone on Too and Un...a deep metaphor...and she brought closure and insight at the end...those scenes were done well...

I have gone back a bit in the story and the video session he had with Lynn seemed to go very well and he doesn't appear to have had another photo shoot with her in between times. Some of his reactions to Un could be read either way - the restaurant scene could be taken as him understanding that Un really is chasing Third. 

To be honest I get the impression that the comment about the photos is more a device for getting us from point A to B. I understand what you are saying about taking photos of something that you like but a professional photographer will get good/excellent photos regardless - it is what you pay them to do.

As I have said in another post I am not certain as to how Lynn has managed to jump to a conclusion about Too that he has yet to reach himself. Un has always known that he has had feelings for Too (just as Too for Lynn) but I am not certain that somebody coming up and professing their love is enough to make anybody suddenly doubt their sexuality. Too looks a whole lot of things but happy about the idea isn't one of them. But, hey ! in this sort of story, we go with the flow. Lynn will be exchanging smoothies with Cake before the end of episode 12 :)

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, mellialuna said:

Until you actually get to see a couple in bed and physically interacting on a regular basis (something that is not likely to happen in any of these series) you can't really define either partner.

Exactly! 

I also agree (je suis aussi d'accord)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Suggesting that because one guy was senior to the other didn't mean that he was the dominant one in bed seemed to be considered a crazy idea. As you say, the males were stereotyped, not necessarily from the writer's point of view but certainly from that of the fans. There is now more acceptance that men can't be labelled at random. Until you actually get to see a couple in bed and physically interacting on a regular basis (something that is not likely to happen in any of these series) you can't really define either partner

And even then..there is this, dare I say voyeuristic lens which exists -  we want to see it all...Case in point...the level of disappointment  being expressed by about the interaction between the 2 characters ( in that other 2 series) is mind boggling... I mean when you start a thread that says, " please post your opinions here if you were disappoint in the bed scene..." ya gotta wonder...

Lynn will be exchanging smoothies with Cake before the end of episode 12 :)

:joy: crossing series are we  ?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I just watched the last week's episode too. In the final scene wich they hug each other, it almost fell a drop of tear from my eyes. 

Very nice and unique episode. 

I want to point out the conclusion (or not yet) of Bone and Pan relantionship (Bone made a very honorable action). And now is up to Pan to make a choice, I guess she already did, or it seemed too, but maybe this story is not done yet.

And is so sad that now that the series found it's balance and is so amazing and adorable to watch, and not only Third and Khai, but all the four main characters are having a great story. it's going to end =/

And I almost forgot the soundtrack, the instrumental songs are fitting perfectly the situations, helping the emotions

• Like 2