Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Confession, 자백

On 4/2/2019 at 4:48 PM, reut said:

I was honestly surprised he even went to see the doctor at all, what with him seeming to be the type who will only address his health issues when they literally knock him off his feet. But yeah, I'm worried about it too, regardless of his prudent self care. The closer he gets to his father's case the more his heart seems to act up, and I bet we're going to see his health deteriorating soon.

But if you notice, he went to a different doctor to check about his dream. Not the previous doctor who told him to make an appointment for his check up. So, I guess you're right. We most probably going to see about his health problem after this. But I do hope that we won't have to see sick Junho again. Cough Just Between Lovers :sweatingbullets:

:sweat_smile:

• Like 6

The case with nurse Cho is indirectly linked to the case of CDH's father. This is about the heart transplant. The boy was on the waiting list for the organ transplant, while his father was about to get his surgery. The boy, the result of a rape, is suffering from the same disease. However, the victim YHJ could never get justice as the evil teacher was protected by his powerful family. He was the chairman's nephew. Cho did it so that the boy would be able to get the organ transplant in time. From my point of view, CDH's father admitted the crime in order to save his son: the heart transplant was part of the deal, taking the blame for a murder. Nevertheless, I am quite sure that the motive for the murder is related to the purchase of military weapons and bribes. Detective Ki never investigated the circumstances of the murder as he had already caught the culprit. From my point of view, CDH's new heart comes from Madam Jin's son, a lawyer or judge, who was involved in the main case: the murder of CSH.

• Insightful 5

On 3/28/2019 at 6:16 AM, tofuetoffee said:

I noticed that Do Hyun brought up trust twice in the second episode. He asked Det Ki how he could trust him. He also told the defendant about trusting him. Do Hyun's wariness and loneliness is a big part of his character but I didn't even realize until it was pointed out and makes a lot of sense.

Yes, I agree.  I also think Do Hyun was forced to grow up quickly.  We don’t know the story behind his mom, father and son may only have each other to rely on.  His mum was not at the trial sentencing for sure.  When the boy was told by his father to forget him, there has to be shock, confusion, betrayal crossing his mind.  The third victim KSH was at the trial.  Was her kindness a random act or she knew his father’s story? She is associated with the dead army colonel (? sorry forgot his name and ranking) in some way, whether through Chairman Cho and Park with the helicopter deal.  The lack of trust in people stemmed from what he perceives as his dad’s misjustice though I think he sorely needs a guiding/parental figure.  We see he receives maternal care from Madame Jin and eventually I hope works with Det Ki as his imperfect mentor.

I love episode 3/4 in how the web is cast to involve our players and storylines.  The puzzle pieces are being revealed slowly yet we know Do Hyun will hurt someone eventually down the line by playing his own chess game behind everything to solve his father’s case.

@bebebisous33 as always, your theories are great, yeah, I think you are right  we also must think how Do Hyun can spin it one more time to convict Jong Koo of killing his mother after all this is over!

Just random thoughts that come to mind after first watch.  If I have time, will need to rewatch as these two episodes were quite dense in context.

• Glad to see Do Hyun starting to feel a connection or what I see as compassion for his clients.  Nurse Cho opens him up.  He always view his job very clinically and methodically, as if all his clients are predetermined criminals and guilty with him getting the final goal of no conviction.  I guess he feels justice is an ideal that as a defense lawyer he doesn’t have to care.  Nice to see that he slowly understands he has the power to help the real innocent victims.  It is the journey that will make the man Do Hyun will become.
  • I feel prosecutor Hyun Joon (is he DH’s classmate?) will be challenged ethically when the arms deal be revealed.  I hope he will stop be his rival and work together on the right side of justice.  To turn the competitive drive toward a common goal.
  • There is already a sense that many of our characters will have to step out of the dark shadow, emptying out the closet, or talk about the elephant in the room ... in some way reveal their own personal demons and truth before they can catch the bad guy.  Right now, each is with his or her own agenda, not knowing they all play a part in this whole saga.  Reporter girl seems pure.  I like how she keeps reminds DH of the goodness out there or about the boy he once was.  Their first meeting on rooftop saved him.
  • Madame Jin’s son knows the truth after or maybe even before the verdict of DH’s dad.  There is usually a time lapse requirement, after which donor and recipient can contact each other through the transplant agency.  Perhaps, this is why she waited.  Also, most heart donors are heathy and young, chances are her son is at the prime of his career and  DH’s case may have been predetermined for him to win.  It may not have been random that he was involved.
  • I think stress is what cause DH’s chest pain, he has to keep his blood pressure low. But Madame Jin’s identity would need to be revealed if he is actually suffering from congenital disease.  My heart always breaks from the gaze she gives DH behind his back.  She is his guardian angel and will be instrumental in keeping him steady and strong mentally.  Perhaps so that he won’t give in to the dark vengeance that I sometimes see.
  • Det Ki has always put justice above all. I believe he would be challenge to rethink whose justice is worth pursuing and let go.  His ultimate case is to right the wrong that he was set up to do against Mr Choi.
  • I want to give a shout out to Ryoo Kyung Soo who is playing Han Jong Koo.  First saw him in Mr Sunshine, he was fantastic there and again here.

• Like 6

Heh, too bad this is a quiet thread, for a drama that is good.

I got the chance to rewatch E4 so here are more mumble jumble from me :lol:

Quick recap of key players on DH’s board, many have gone to private sector post military exit, thus the tie to kickbacks from deals.Added events that we knew that day.

• Chairman Oh: ex-DSC commander who is now head of Yukwang corp
  • Colonel  Cha Seung Hoo: at time of death was of DSC, whistle blower?
  • Choi Pil Soo:  warrant officer of DSC, whistle blower?
  • Prosecutor Yang In-Bum and deputy prosecutor Ji Chang Ryul: partners law firm that DH get himself employed at (at this point I think most likely a deliberate move by DH but puzzling for me cuz they both likely know who DH’s father is).  It was not a random act that he was assigned to rep Han Jong Koo, to make sure he is incarcerated.
  • Det Ki: arresting officer of Choi Pil Soo
  • What is missing is the defense team and lawyers for Choi Pil Soo.  Could it be Madame Jin’s son?  What did he know? Does any of this link to his death?
  • We also are missing key witnesses that testified  (or maybe we are not shown the entire board yet)
  • We know from Det Ki’s phone screenshot that the military may have crafted an alibi and witness for the prosecutor 
  • Visitors at trial:  ex military driver/ex convict Han Jong Koon and third victim Kim Sun Hee sits close to each other, on side of defendant.  Kim Hee Sun possibly knew Or interacted with DH post sentencing.
  • DH has already received the transplant at Choi’s sentencing.

Victims: inconsistent and sloppy investigations 

• -10 yrs:  1999 Ko Eun Ju/Changhyun dong: victim was mutilated but not lips/nails (impersonal killing)
  • -5 yrs: 2009 Yang Ae-ran (Han Jong Koon is the killer, copy cat 1998 murder but mutilated lips/nails, personal, possibly killed his mom the same way. Emotions run amock here. JK could either saw the evidence/photos in court or seen Ko Eun Ju body/crime in person. He stated he knows something about Choi Pil Soo and third victim Kim Hee Sun
  • 2019: Kim Hee Sun, whose death timed to be after JK’s release to send him to prison again. Is she the last witness who knows about Choi’s case besides Det Ki who is now off the force (make you wonder if he was spoonfed to fail the cases)

Kim Sun Hee appearance/circumstances changed from 10 yrs ago to now as is JK.  What happened after the Choi case for these two?  JK discharged, did he suffer PTSD at any time? What is the relationship between the two?  Everyone involved with the case disbanded and disappeared into civilian life.  

Yoo-ri’s dad was admitted at the same time as DH, suffering heart ailment.  What is the possibility that DH’s heart supposedly belonged to the man but Choi Pil soo managed to bargained for his son with his life? The friends’ first meeting was not serendipitous and sad in a way.

The spirit of the law is not to ignore the truth.  Do Hyun finds it troublesome to his job as a defense lawyer.  He chose the profession to exonerate his father, does he not really care to uphold truth or justice?  We see him already wrestle with his conscience, learns to understand his client’s predicaments, care for the truth beyond the job.  But as a lawyer, he is bound by responsibilities and the law to protect his clients.  There is this dignified way to Do Hyun that matches well with Yoo Ri’s upright sunny personality, not in a romantic way but a balance check for DH to remain on the righteous path.  Ironically, a defense lawyer can’t choose to be at all times.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 4

Super excited for the next episode. Yay! :D

Dramabeans did a recap of episode 1 only. Drama viewers on the site are discussing all episodes in the comments though for anyone interested in reading more thoughts on this drama.

Confession: Episode 1

confession01-00137.jpg

There’s an air of mystery permeating the show, and it’s fueled by enigmatic characters all hiding their intentions. While events may seem straightforward at first, the show adds small twists which forces the viewers to reevaluate a character’s motivation and behavior. At the center of this tale is a smart attorney who overcomes barriers and fights for his clients… but is that truly who he is?

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/confession-episode-1/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Reaction from a real Korean lawyer. Very insightful stuff!

Translations of the reaction - please follow the link to go to the twitter.

• Like 5

This week's episodes were... peculiar, to put it lightly. Ep5 was so random I still have trouble believing it was directed by the same guy, for me it dragged on forever and almost lulled me into oblivion, and generally just seemed like a dull and unnecessary filler (I guess it will become less unnecessary once I rewatch it with subs). Ep6 was the exact opposite. So exciting and fun, even the first part of it! Can't wait to rewatch all the interactions between Dohyun and Chief Kii with subs and understand what they say to each other.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 4/8/2019 at 12:59 AM, reut said:

This week's episodes were... peculiar, to put it lightly. Ep5 was so random I still have trouble believing it was directed by the same guy, for me it dragged on forever and almost lulled me into oblivion, and generally just seemed like a dull and unnecessary filler (I guess it will become less unnecessary once I rewatch it with subs). Ep6 was the exact opposite. So exciting and fun, even the first part of it! Can't wait to rewatch all the interactions between Dohyun and Chief Kii with subs and understand what they say to each other.

And when you think Nurse Cho's episode has come to an end, her name made a comeback again at the end of episode 6. Saturday please come faster. I seriously can't wait anymore!!

Talking about DH and Det Ki, these two so adorable together. Det Ki keep telling DH to taking care of himself and I have no idea that DH can jokes too. Det Ki seems annoyed with his jokes though. This is the first drama I watch where older character do most of the running instead of the younger character.

Junho did mentioned before that he feel bad watching his Sunbae-nim does all the actions scene LOL

• Like 5

2 hours ago, zaireen said:

And when you think Nurse Cho's episode has come to an end, her name made a comeback again at the end of episode 6. Saturday please come faster. I seriously can't wait anymore!!

Talking about DH and Det Ki, these two so adorable together. Det Ki keep telling DH to taking care of himself and I have no idea that DH can jokes too. Det Ki seems annoyed with his jokes though. This is the first drama I watch where older character do most of the running instead of the younger character.

Junho did mentioned before that he feel bad watching his Sunbae-nim does all the actions scene LOL

Yeah, I really wanted her story to be connected to the main plot so the ending of ep6 was a nice surprise indeed. And I'm no less curious about Mdm Jin's revelation, next episode we will finally find out about her son!

We could see that Dohyun had a playful side in him in the way he interacted with Yuri, but she's his closest and only friend so the fact that Dohyun started to get mischievous with Chief Ki merely a few hours after their reconciliation tells a lot about how much he needs more friends - probably to make up for the glaring absence of them during his late teens and all throughout his 20s.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tofuetoffee said:

Messaged you.

Is it subbed? would it be possible if you messaged me too if so? i'm dyingggggg dying dying for the new eps ;;

nevermind! thank GOD subs are out lmaopihofua

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, disembody said:

Is it subbed? would it be possible if you messaged me too if so? i'm dyingggggg dying dying for the new eps ;;

nevermind! thank GOD subs are out lmaopihofua

Check your messages.  :)

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, 30somethingajumma said:

Can someone kindly message me too? I'm dying to watch the new episodes... have been waiting since Monday... many thanks! :D

Message sent.  :)

• Like 3

@reut @zaireen To me, it was pretty clear that the nurse Cho is involved in the main case. First, there is this parallel between the heart transplant of CDH and JH. Both were on a waiting list, when suddenly the person before them died. Then the other clue was given, when the prosecutor was asked by his superior not charge the nurse Cho for murder. He might have feared that the nurse Cho could leak something. The third clue came, when the nurse Cho confessed to Ha Yoo Ri that back then no one had asked her about the sudden death. She was indirectly implying that her father's death was suspicious which triggered HYR to go through her father's belongings. 

So, now we know the identity of the heart donor: No Sun Hoo. He was a prosecutor in the anti-corruption department. So we have three deaths: the police officer Yoon Chul Min, the prosecutor No Sun Hoo and the journalist, Ha Yu Ri's father connected to a corruption scandal which got covered up due to their deaths. Each death was also different so that no one could see a pattern in this: accident, a sick patient and a suicide. 

It looks like the drug pethidine was used to kill HYR's father. The nurse Cho might have been forced to do it... she is somehow related to the actual suspect Cho Ki Tak.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2