[Drama 2019] Confession, 자백

0ly40

I'm excited to watch it on the channel tonight! The viewership rating for pilot episode is 4.569% which is quite good. Hopefully it will keep rising. Another subbed teaser by K-Plus Asia.

The casts greeting short-video:

Spoiler

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh my.. i don't have access to k-plus asia :(

been waiting and been refreshing for the drama to be subbed but still no luck :(((

the rating is looking good so far, even for first episode

9 hours ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

I'm excited to watch it on the channel tonight! The viewership rating for pilot episode is 4.569% which is quite good. Hopefully it will keep rising. Another subbed teaser by K-Plus Asia.

Hello! Did you watch the first episode? How was it, plot wise?

It's sad that not many people can watch and discuss about this drama due to the limited availability of subs...

First episode was alright, we're introduced to all the four leads. The two male leads are connected through murder case from 5 years ago. One being the police (Ki Choon Ho) who left his job because the criminal he caught was only sentenced for theft and not murder. The other one is the lawyer (Choi Do Hyun) who won the case for that criminal. As soon as that person was released from prison, a similar murder happened again. That guy was quickly caught, and requested Choi to defend him, again claiming he didn't do it. KCH although not a police officer anymore, still keeps track of that guy, seems like he's doing his own investigation.

I haven't had the time to watch ep.2.

12 hours ago, reut said:

Did you watch the first episode? How was it, plot wise?

Yes, it has promising premise. Nothing much happened in this episode. By the way, it is good to see Junho in this kind of role (last drama before military enlistment?). Looking forward to watch episode 2. 

Happy to know viewership rating for episode 2 rose to 5.386%!

p/s: I have uploaded subtitles for episode 1 by K-Plus Asia on Subscene, then those sites will update soon.

50 minutes ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

Yes, it has promising premise. Nothing much happened in this episode. By the way, it is good to see Junho in this kind of role (last drama before military enlistment?). Looking forward to watch episode 2. 

p/s: I will upload subtitles for episode 1 by K-Plus Asia on Subscene in few hours(?), then those sites will update (or perhaps there may be someone else rips & uploads it too before me?).

yay thank uuuu!!! 

@ktcjdrama yeah.. it's so unfortunate. i hope through time, the subs can be more fast? (if that is even possible)

2 hours ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

Great news! So the dorama is really interesting ... But I did not doubt it.

The teasers were cool, the cast here is perfect ...

I wish the subtitles were ... Russians! I will wait!:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

2 hours ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

p/s: I have uploaded subtitles for episode 1 by K-Plus Asia on Subscene, then those sites will update soon.

Thank you very much! Ah, I can finally watch it later today. I really liked what the first 2 episodes looked like but now that I can actually understand what's going on with the plot, I'm sure it'll get even better for me:rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, Friendly kitty said:

There are 2 FSGs that wanted to take it up so I think Russian subs will appear soon now.

3 hours ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

By the way, it is good to see Junho in this kind of role (last drama before military enlistment?).

Really? Me sad face.... I like him as an actor, but I guess the enlistment is unavoidable sooner or later.

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Really? Me sad face.... I like him as an actor, but I guess the enlistment is unavoidable sooner or later.

It's not 100% cetrain though that Confession will be his last drama before enlistment. Last time he talked about it (at the press conference) he said he still didn't know when he was going to enlist, just some time before this year ends. He's 100% done with his music performances though so if he finishes filming Confession around May and there are still 3-4 months to go, I bet he's going to take another one. 

21 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Like @reut said it is not 100% confirmed, and I also what I said ended with "?". I just hope he will not encounter sudden enlistment notice if he picks another project after this, which may resulting shortened number of episodes, like what happened to "Let's Eat 3".

The thing I found quite interesting, though, was Do-hyun’s reactions throughout things occurred. He doesn’t express a lot of emotions and only shows subtle differences across his face. His odd reaction when judge announced Jong-Gu's being not guilty adds more mysterious sides of him.

Do-hyun may doubts whether Jong-Gu is guilty or not, but he is his lawyer who represents and defends him. Hence, like what Do-Hyun said, he has done his job to defend the defendant. It is the police and prosecution's job to present concrete evidences that will prove his actions.

Looking forward these two's interaction. They only interacted once in episode 1, but I can feel their chemistry already.

"Please show lots of interest and love for Confession"

Great first episode! That's a pity that we have to wait so long for the subtitles. Honestly, the attitude of the police bothers me just like the prosecution. The comment from the former captain annoyed me a lot: "you have to bite like a dog and never let the suspect go". So in the end, the moment he considers someone is guilty, then he will do anything to turn him into a culprit. He claims that he is working for the victims and their family, yet in reality this is not true. 

18 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Great first episode! That's a pity that we have to wait so long for the subtitles. Honestly, the attitude of the police bothers me just like the prosecution. The comment from the former captain annoyed me a lot: "you have to bite like a dog and never let the suspect go". So in the end, the moment he considers someone is guilty, then he will do anything to turn him into a culprit. He claims that he is working for the victims and their family, yet in reality this is not true. 

But that's not what he said. At that point they didn't even have a suspect yet, the detective was talking about cases in general, that you shouldn't give up on solving it even if you have no evidence, you should really hold onto it just like crocodiles hold onto their prey.

I just finish watching the first episode with eng sub. I agree that the detective should take the blame for the lack of evidence and he seems too rush to close the case. He knew it too and that's why he resign.

CFf4cIx.jpg

Frankly speaking, of all the professions/jobs in this world, lawyer is the top job that I dislike. I know they only do their job but sometimes I wonder about their morality. I hope Do Hyun is not like that if he found out that his own client is actually the murderer (and we're still not sure about it).

84Lynu2.jpg

Another thing, I think there's a connection between Do Hyun and his assistance. She looks nervous when she first heard his voice and suddenly change her expression when she turned to look at him. There're few theories that I read and I agree that she maybe a family member of Do Hyun's heart donor. 

Now I wonder, will there be a romance between him and his 'best friend'? Or he will fall in love with his heart donor's girl coz his new heart make him remember what happen to the previous owner (kidding coz i watch too many kdrama:D)

19 minutes ago, xcalibur07 said:

Now I wonder, will there be a romance between him and his 'best friend'? Or he will fall in love with his heart donor's girl coz his new heart make him remember what happen to the previous owner (kidding coz i watch too many kdrama:D)

Oh god, I hope there's no romance between Dohyun and Yuri. There wasn't one between childhood friends in JTBC's Life (even though some viewers were heavily rooting for them) and I hope Confession follows the good example.

2 hours ago, reut said:

But that's not what he said. At that point they didn't even have a suspect yet, the detective was talking about cases in general, that you shouldn't give up on solving it even if you have no evidence, you should really hold onto it just like crocodiles hold onto their prey.

That's exactly the scene I was referring to. I interpret it differently. For me, he was definitely talking about suspect and not evidence,  especially because he used the metaphor of crocodiles. He compared the behavior of a crocodile chasing a prey, that's why in my opinion the captain was talking about suspects as crocodiles feed on living beings. "Once they bite down, they never let go". So in his eyes, once there is a suspect, they have to ensure that the suspect is convicted. Concerning the unsolved cases, the captain disliked the idea of unsolved cases because it meant that no culprit had been found. And in my opinion, this reveals why the captain is so determined to have a suspect. Once they have someone, they make sure that he ends up convicted. Don't forget that one of the detectives was praising that 95 % of the cases were solved... implying that they had always found the culprit. A solved case doesn't necessarly mean that the real culprit has been caught. It only means that someone was convicted for that crime. Their investigation was really sloppy because they never tried to find a motive for that murder. They only had circumstantial evidence. And CDH is right: they were incompetent. I can relate to CDH's action because he knows what it means, when the police arrest an innocent. His own father ended up as convicted murderer and the police could proudly announce that the case had been solved. The number (95%) doesn't reflect the reality, doesn't really reveal if justice has prevailed or not.

I am even thinking that this captain would even kill someone in order to frame the man so that he ends up in jail. Don't you find it weird that he popped up at the police station right after the discovery of the murder. That's how much I actually dislike the former captain.

But I guess, we will have to disagree on this.  

Watched the first ep and it was pretty decent

If there is romance hopefully it's not between the lead and his mate because in that limited screen time she got I can already tell she's going to be stupidly annoying.

Also the cop crying about a lawyer winning a case when he does a half-richard simmons job from his side will never not leave me dumbfounded. When I first got into Korean films nothing annoyed me more than how stupid and/or corrupt cops were portrayed 95% of the time (i.e. Memories of Murder but more so The Chaser especially - still infuriates me to this day with how that films goes), but reading about all these cases recently in the news about cover ups for years - maybe they weren't so off.

Back to the show though, realise this may be covered in episode 2 but it seems pretty likely that the cop that had to leave is the one that committed this recent murder.

Also, are we thinking the leads dad actually did the act that got him on death row, or it was him taking the fall for something in exchange to get a heart for his kid? The new secretary is obviously involved in the heart business somehow as well

Some people comment about this drama is cliche and quite similar to 2015 SBS' drama "Remember: War of Son" which has premise of "the son whose father is found guilty of murder, became lawyer to save his father from death penalty".

However, the execution of this drama based on the first two episodes is so different from "Remember". We only got a very short glimpse of Do-Hyun's dad in the beginning of first episode and also a few seconds in episode 2. There is no scene about both of them at all, except a short scene of his dad looking at their photo.

For me, the title "confession" and emphasize on double jeopardy clause is something different and interesting. Yeah, at least for me. Should Han Jong-Gu paid for his crime 5 years ago with guilty verdict of murdering Sun-Hee that he was innocent  but letting the real murderer of latter's case? Who is mysterious man who followed and "bribed" Lee Chul -Soo, Kim Sun-Hee's ex-boyfriend, to give false testimony? Is he from the law-firm(?) that Do-Hyun used to work 5 years ago? I have no time to re-watch, haha.

Overall, I think I am enjoying this drama so far. I am always looking forward to Junho and Yoo Jae-myung's interaction although they only met once in episode 2 too, if I recall correctly. Although it is not perfect, I personally have quite same feeling as when watching "Forest of Secrets/Stranger".

Looking forward to read your thoughts too. :ph34r:

Archived