[Drama 2019] Confession, 자백

0ly40

15 minutes ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

For me, the title "confession" and emphasize on double jeopardy clause is something different and interesting. Yeah, at least for me. Should Han Jong-Gu paid for his crime 5 years ago with guilty verdict of murdering Sun-Hee that he was innocent  but letting the real murderer of latter's case? Who is mysterious man who followed and "bribed" Lee Chul -Soo, Kim Sun-Hee's ex-boyfriend, to give false testimony? Is he from the law-firm(?) that Do-Hyun used to work 5 years ago? I have no time to re-watch, haha.

Overall, I think I am enjoying this drama so far. I am always looking forward to Junho and Yoo Jae-myung's interaction although they only met once in episode 2 too, if I recall correctly. Although it is not perfect, I personally have quite same feeling as when watching "Forest of Secrets/Stranger".

I am intrigued by the double jeopardy clause as well. I remembered enjoying the American movie by that very title.

I too feel that this is a drama with similar approach as Forest of Secrets, however, I don't get the same enjoyment from the picture quality... could be due to my streaming quality??... It's just different. Not as crisp and sharp as Forest of Secrets which I watched on Netflix. The videos you shared on top of this page are all good quality though. Need to source for different stream :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've finished ep.2, and it's getting very interesting. I like it! I am looking forward to the interaction between Ki and Choi. Are they on the opposite team, or the same team... it's going to be interesting. I still wonder if they're going to just focus on that one case 5 years ago for the whole run of the drama.

1 hour ago, fiannie 050624 said:

@Ahmad Kamilsorry, i wanna ask you. Did the episode 2 of confession drama already sub by kplus?

Cz, the episode 2 still no sub until now.

Thanks before^^

Yes, but I did not rip, sync and upload the subtitles for episode 2 since it seems there are other people who do so too.

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I've finished ep.2, and it's getting very interesting. I like it! I am looking forward to the interaction between Ki and Choi. Are they on the opposite team, or the same team

I observe both of them are like in early love-hate relationship (like Seo Yul and Chief Kim in Chief Kim but as more serious characters? haha, just kidding). They have different views and perspectives on ethics and moralities to some extend, but they may end up working together when they face bigger enemies and threats.

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

II still wonder if they're going to just focus on that one case 5 years ago for the whole run of the drama.

We have not even been introduced to Do-Hyun's dad case, so I'm curious how this writer will unfold the story.

19 minutes ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

I observe both of them are like in early love-hate relationship (like Seo Yul and Chief Kim in Chief Kim but as more serious characters? haha, just kidding). They have different views and perspectives on ethics and moralities to some extend, but they may end up working together when they face bigger enemies and threats.

We have not even been introduced to Do-Hyun's dad case, so I'm curious how this writer will unfold the story.

Yes, you're right! I got the same feels too... They're now at opposite ends, but they'll learn to appreciate each other and join hands. Do you think Detective Ki will return to the police force? I haven't checked out the English subs, but was it clear whether he was fired, or he resigned? Because with the Chinese subs, the understanding is that he lost his job because of the case, not because he left his job.

I had forgotten about DH's father case. Looking forward to the unfolding as well...

6 hours ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

Yes, but I did not rip, sync and upload the subtitles for episode 2 since it seems there are other people who do so too.

But will you do it, now that we know no one else is going to? Please? I think you're our only hope at this point.

1 hour ago, reut said:

But will you do it, now that we know no one else is going to? Please? I think you're our only hope at this point.

Hi, I have done upload subtitles for episode 2, since those who uploaded subtitles for episode 1 still did not upload for episode 2.

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

ds. Do you think Detective Ki will return to the police force? I haven't checked out the English subs, but was it clear whether he was fired, or he resigned? Because with the Chinese subs, the understanding is that he lost his job because of the case, not because he left his job.

Detective Ki said in episode 2 that he lost job because of the case, so it means he did not resign but was fired. Since he was fired, it must be hard for him to return, unless he contributed something and be re-appointed, or have connection with higher officials.

I tried not to write anything until I saw both 1-2 episodes. Thank you @Ahmad Kamil for helping bring the English subs to the rest of us!

Some thoughts:

I think Madam Jin is the heart donor's mother. So I wondered if so, then why is she helping CDH? My theory is that maybe she also thinks CDH's father isn't the killer and so set out to (by helping CDH) find the real killer of her child.

I love how our main character CDH is gray while it's Detective Ki who seems more righteous and hotheaded. It is an interesting dynamic between the two main characters and may affect how the story unfold going forward.

Perhaps CDH helping the suspect to get away with the first murder through double jeopardy may actually help his father's case or CDH will find a way around it.

Prediction for episode 3-4: This case and the verdict will go as CDH planned. The suspect will confess to the first murder, get off on the second, and CDH will then try to get him in for the murder of his own mother which he seemed to have uncovered.

Really loving this show and can't wait to see what happens next.

While watching I had a "trivia moment" when I realized that there was an odd connection between the three actors in the Choi's law office:  they were all on Just Between Lovers (arguably one of the best KDramas of all time). 

• Lee Jun Ho was the lead (of course). 
  • Nam Ki Ae (Secretary Mme Jin) was the second male lead's mom. 
  • Shin Hyun Bin (Ha Yoo Ri) had a cameo in the final episode with the SML.

None of them shared a scene on JBL but here they are in the same office on Confession.  So cool. 

Apologies if I'm mentioning something someone has already posted but I haven't read back through the whole thread yet.  It's just that I love little casting coincidences like this.

2 minutes ago, thistle said:

Really loving this show and can't wait to see what happens next.

While watching I had a "trivia moment" when I realized that there was an odd connection between the three actors in the Choi's law office:  they were all on Just Between Lovers (arguably one of the best KDramas of all time). 

• Lee Jun Ho was the lead (of course). 
  • Nam Ki Ae (Secretary Mme Jin) was the second male lead's mom. 
  • Shin Hyun Bin (Ha Yoo Ri) had a cameo in the final episode with the SML.

None of them shared a scene on JBL but here they are in the same office on Confession.  So cool. 

Apologies if I'm mentioning something someone has already posted but I haven't read back through the whole thread yet.  It's just that I love little casting coincidences like this.

Me too! Connections between casting fascinate me because it all seems like fate.

Spoiler

If you go even further back for Juhno, it gets more interesting. He starred in tvn's Memory where he worked with Nam Da-reum and Lee Ki-woo, who then also were casted with him in JBL, and from JBL you made the connection to Confession. Sandwiched between those dramas of course are Chief Kim and Wok of Love, so there seems to be a jump.

admire onion head@Ahmad Kamil cheer1 onion headThanks a lot for the subtitles. crazy monkey 003

I am really enjoying the story so far. I believe that CDH realized that HDG's mother was his first victim and he discovered the body. So by admitting that he killed the woman 5 years ago, he will be prosecuted for the murder of his own mother. This explains why he never went home after his release. So when CDH visited the mother's house, he found traces of the murder. 

@ktcjdrama I can understand why CDH doesn't want to rely on the former captain because he doesn't like his way of investigation. Kim relies a lot on his guts/ feelings which really annoys CDH. CDH wants concrete evidence and notice that only after the verdict, Kim was able to find a clue that HDG was the culprit. As conclusion, back then Kim did a sloppy job. However, I believe that they will come to an understanding in the long run. Kim is misjudging CDH thinking that he is amoral or even worse, he has no conscience. In reality, he does have a conscience. In his eyes, the police and prosecution are just incompetent. Notice how the prosecutor tried to sabotage him with his little tricks. 

@tofuetoffee Yes, it is quite pretty certain that she is related to the donor's heart. But in my opinion, she is interested in him because she wants to investigate the circumstances of her son's death. This explains why she is determined to help CDH and actually will do anything when it comes to prosecution and investigation. She also thinks, her son's death has been covered up. We actually see how her relative died: the taxi hit by the white truck. CDH actually saw the donor's face. Indirectly, he is telling him that he was murdered. It looks like he often has this nightmare... however, I sense that it was the first time that he had a hallucination: the face of a different man. image.png

8 hours ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

Hi, I have done upload subtitles for episode 2, since those who uploaded subtitles for episode 1 still did not upload for episode 2.

Thank you so much! Can't wait to watch it later today:wub:

8 hours ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

@Ahmad Kamil Hey. Thank you for the subtitles from Russian viewers. In Russia, everything is translated from English subtitles. If there are no English subtitles, then there are no Russian subtitles. And now all the Russian viewers are sitting and waiting for the English translation to appear! We have a lot of people who love the director and actors from this drama. All of them can see the drama due to your work. I'm going to recap advance this drama, so expect subtitles with great anticipation! I apologize for the Google translation 4-)

43 minutes ago, Annykey said:

We have a lot of people who love the director and actors from this drama. All of them can see the drama due to your work. I'm going to recap advance this drama, so expect subtitles with great anticipation! I apologize for the Google translation 4-)

You're going to recap it! Where? I'd love to read a Russian recap:D

40 minutes ago, reut said:

You're going to recap it! Where? I'd love to read a Russian recap:D

Recap will be posted in social network's Vkontakte group here. But recapper need a softsub and it's still not around. Hopefully someone made it soon :) 

And I want to thank subtitles uploader for his work as well. Waiting was really painful, but what a reward! :D Thank you sooo much! 

Hello, it’s good to see familiar names here @ktcjdrama @thistle @bebebisous33 I got to see both episodes and I have to say episode 2 did a much better job at engaging me.  I agree with others who have said the drama is not wow-ing me atm visually, coloring wise I wish it chose black/white over the sepia brown undertone giving there are lots of shadows/light.  I think I also feel a lack of “energy” for lack of a better term from the drama in the first episode.  It does pick up in the second episode a little.  For being a heart transplant patient, it does make some sense that CDH is even tempered as he takes care to not raise his blood pressure which linked him to a bunch of cardiovascular risks.  What is considered a health handicap, he makes up in the poise and calmness that fit a lawyer :D 

I’m sorry, does anyone know what happened to his mom (I dozed off at some parts haha)?  Whatever caused his dad to be incarcerated, he made sure CDH has the means and money to finish expensive law schools.  Where and whom did he lived with before we met him?  Why is he living alone in his office now, was he never with any guardian?  The photo showed him in high school uniform but we are not sure when the crime relating to his dad happened.  There is a melancholy to CDH (maybe because of his dad), though he is a witty, intelligent, observant man.  He has this dignified air about him.  Other than that, Junho is really handsome :D  I am not sure at this point how to judge his character.  We are told he becomes a lawyer to help his dad, whether or not he believes his dad commits the crime is unclear since he is in ex communication with the father.  Being ostracized at work and in the society as a whole is not only in CDH’s mind but in the way he lives and works.  He is a lonely soul :huh: I can see CDH’s way of carefully judging people, weighing their intentions, not sharing a lot of his emotions and feelings.  Despite the walls, we see that he does have a kind soul, allowing the ex reporter to couch crash and hiring a sharp ahjumma to be his assistant.  Seems like he tries to give others the benefits of the doubt that he doesn’t quite receive as a son of a death row inmate.  Tho it’s not without lots of considerations in his part.

Madame Jin is an enigma.  She’s well off, well educated (at this point, I think her legal knowledge is for real), loving.. but like Do Hyun, lives by herself (in an expensive home).  Not sure if she is related to the heart donor (mom of the man in the mirror) or perhaps someone with a law background (a past prosecutor on Do Hyun’s dad case)?  Question is why did she show up now of all times, how did she find him and why chose to help him.

Reporter girl - hope there is no romantic inkling here between the two.  She seems like one who is learning to insert her presence and career in this world as like Do Hyun.  I like that she has some common sense, I’m hoping the writer doesn’t dumb her down.  I like her spunk and resourcefulness at getting the CCTV.  Plus, she loosens the guy up so that’s a good thing.

Our ex detective Ki is a little rough around the edges, his temper and dodgedness could be his downfall.  I think DH’s measured personality compliments his instincts well.  

So far, the case of the two murders will help form our squad, pushing them to work together.  I think we will get multiple timelines/time jumps to get a bit of Do Hyun’s past, his families, his father, Madame Jin’s tie to the whole story. 

Confession as we see is not really telling the truth to ease guilt so far... far from it.  HDG is being cornered by his own lawyer to use double jeopardy as a way out of his second murder trial.  We are given clue early on that HDG could be the real killer but the idea of fessing up and incriminating against himself could be a chess game that psychopaths are addicted to.  The truth is what we twist it to be.  

First 2 episodes were good enough to keep me going.  Can’t wait till next week.  Junho is really cute.  Did I say that already? :lol:

@bebebisous33 When he saw another face on the mirror, he didn't look extra-shocked like it was not the first time it happen. I myself almost jump on my seat (literally) when that face suddenly appeared. But Do Hyun seems not too much affected by the fact that his own face becomes someone else. 

Archived