[Drama 2019] Confession, 자백

0ly40

16 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Hello, it’s good to see familiar names here @ktcjdrama @thistle @bebebisous33 I got to see both episodes and I have to say episode 2 did a much better job at engaging me.  I agree with others who have said the drama is not wow-ing me atm visually, coloring wise I wish it chose black/white over the sepia brown undertone giving there are lots of shadows/light.  I think I also feel a lack of “energy” for lack of a better term from the drama in the first episode.  It does pick up in the second episode a little.  For being a heart transplant patient, it does make some sense that CDH is even tempered as he takes care to not raise his blood pressure which linked him to a bunch of cardiovascular risks.  What is considered a health handicap, he makes up in the poise and calmness that fit a lawyer :D 

I’m sorry, does anyone know what happened to his mom (I dozed off at some parts haha)?  Whatever caused his dad to be incarcerated, he made sure CDH has the means and money to finish expensive law schools.  Where and whom did he lived with before we met him?  Why is he living alone in his office now, was he never with any guardian?  The photo showed him in high school uniform but we are not sure when the crime relating to his dad happened.  There is a melancholy to CDH (maybe because of his dad), though he is a witty, intelligent, observant man.  He has this dignified air about him.  Other than that, Junho is really handsome :D  I am not sure at this point how to judge his character.  We are told he becomes a lawyer to help his dad, whether or not he believes his dad commits the crime is unclear since he is in ex communication with the father.  Being ostracized at work and in the society as a whole is not only in CDH’s mind but in the way he lives and works.  He is a lonely soul :huh: I can see CDH’s way of carefully judging people, weighing their intentions, not sharing a lot of his emotions and feelings.  Despite the walls, we see that he does have a kind soul, allowing the ex reporter to couch crash and hiring a sharp ahjumma to be his assistant.  Seems like he tries to give others the benefits of the doubt that he doesn’t quite receive as a son of a death row inmate.  Tho it’s not without lots of considerations in his part.

Madame Jin is an enigma.  She’s well off, well educated (at this point, I think her legal knowledge is for real), loving.. but like Do Hyun, lives by herself (in an expensive home).  Not sure if she is related to the heart donor (mom of the man in the mirror) or perhaps someone with a law background (a past prosecutor on Do Hyun’s dad case)?  Question is why did she show up now of all times, how did she find him and why chose to help him.

Reporter girl - hope there is no romantic inkling here between the two.  She seems like one who is learning to insert her presence and career in this world as like Do Hyun.  I like that she has some common sense, I’m hoping the writer doesn’t dumb her down.  I like her spunk and resourcefulness at getting the CCTV.  Plus, she loosens the guy up so that’s a good thing.

Our ex detective Ki is a little rough around the edges, his temper and dodgedness could be his downfall.  I think DH’s measured personality compliments his instincts well.  

So far, the case of the two murders will help form our squad, pushing them to work together.  I think we will get multiple timelines/time jumps to get a bit of Do Hyun’s past, his families, his father, Madame Jin’s tie to the whole story. 

Confession as we see is not really telling the truth to ease guilt so far... far from it.  HDG is being cornered by his own lawyer to use double jeopardy as a way out of his second murder trial.  We are given clue early on that HDG could be the real killer but the idea of fessing up and incriminating against himself could be a chess game that psychopaths are addicted to.  The truth is what we twist it to be.  

First 2 episodes were good enough to keep me going.  Can’t wait till next week.  Junho is really cute.  Did I say that already? :lol:

I noticed that Do Hyun brought up trust twice in the second episode. He asked Det Ki how he could trust him. He also told the defendant about trusting him. Do Hyun's wariness and loneliness is a big part of his character but I didn't even realize until it was pointed out and makes a lot of sense.

Agreed. Junho is really cute.:blush: Do Hyun is so somber and watching the making with Junho being all smiley is a joy.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched 2 episodes! Great dorama turned out. Intriguing, exciting and with a bunch of puzzles ...:blink:

About the truck from the first series it was immediately clear that this was a hero's dream. Probably, that is the man that Junho saw in the mirror died. I think his heart was transplanted to the main character.

A female assistant is a very mysterious lady. Even the journalist understood this, and our Junho is not there yet ... The main thing is that she should be on the side of our hero, and not plan him betray.:ph34r:

Well, the murder ... of course, the offender, who was found not guilty, is in fact guilty of the first murder and innocent of the second. I think he took revenge on the victim, imagining that it was his mother who left them and went to her lover ...

But the second murder ... I think politicians or chaebols are involved. No wonder the neighbor lied - they paid him. :phew:

Now I am waiting for the development of events. I wonder how the lawyer plans to lock up the murderer of the first girl in prison ... And I wonder what the crime is for his father! I think then it will somehow be connected with the murder of the second victim.:rolleyes:

On 3/26/2019 at 11:30 PM, tofuetoffee said:

Me too! Connections between casting fascinate me because it all seems like fate.

Reveal hidden contents

If you go even further back for Juhno, it gets more interesting. He starred in tvn's Memory where he worked with Nam Da-reum and Lee Ki-woo, who then also were casted with him in JBL, and from JBL you made the connection to Confession. Sandwiched between those dramas of course are Chief Kim and Wok of Love, so there seems to be a jump.

Spoiler

Had to correct myself, I was totally wrong about this. Big palm to the forehead. Since in Chief Kim, the annoying guy with glasses in the department turned out to be the lovable Sangmin in JBL so there wasn't a skip there (CK-->JBL). As well, the annoying prosecutor for the second case in Confession is Lee Ki Hyuk, the ex-husband from Wok of Love so there also wasn't a skip there also (WOL-->Confession). Woops.

All these links. Waaaaa~

18 minutes ago, silvianage said:

Just wondering if anyone knows why the sub for this drama is so slow :bawling:

others usually come out the next day but I have to wait 3-4 days for confession

We're actually really lucky because one of the posters on this thread is subbing.  @Ahmad Kamil

I'm sure we won't have to wait long.

12 hours ago, silvianage said:

Just wondering if anyone knows why the sub for this drama is so slow :bawling:

others usually come out the next day but I have to wait 3-4 days for confession

12 hours ago, thistle said:

We're actually really lucky because one of the posters on this thread is subbing.  @Ahmad Kamil

I'm sure we won't have to wait long.

Subtitles for this drama released later than usual compared to most dramas is due to VIU/Viki/Netflix not subbing it. Only K-Plus Asia is licensed, and subtitles released (on VOD site which I ripped) a day after broadcast on the channel. Hence, subtitles released two days after original broadcast in Korea.

Today's preview (for ep5) suddenly came along with a song instead of the instrumental main theme. And, unlike ep3 that was pretty comprehensible even without subs, ep4 was an absolute mystery for me. It's so plot-heavy I've no idea what's going on now and where it's heading. Going into the Hachikou mode again-_-

Ep 3 - Impressions and thoughts

Ki Choon Ho and Choi Do Hyun are efficient enough but especially very passionate about their work, which makes a great team. Also, I am impressed that it isn't a partnership that runs smoothly yet at full speed over the rainbow, and Do Hyun admits to having had his doubts. He's been at it for alone for so long that he took a while to take it in and then finally he drank the soju and could say "see you again" to Ki.

It's kind of weird to review and realize Do Hyun could be actually younger than Jong-gu and the 2nd victim, being in or just out of highschool during his father's trial, but it is what it is.

Unfortunate that I'm uninterested in the chaebols and the election, although I know they will be big and important - those scenes though very sparse so far drags the drama down.

Really was not expecting the connection between DH's dad's trial, DG, and the murder victim.  Very interesting to see what happens next.  Somehow it must connect to DH's heart surgery and (maybe) what his dad had to do to get the money to pay for it.  Also thinking there will be more connections of some sort with the prosecutor.

Hello everyone!! Finally I'm back here again at Soompi Forum after School 2015 and Blood.

Quite obsess with Junho and Confession caught me from the first episode. Been watching all episodes from 1 - 4, raw and with subtitles more than 3 times each episode just to understand more. It's kind of interesting to see how each character involved in CDH's life from 10 years ago.

I've watched episode 4 (with subtitles) last night through KPlus. Hope you guys can watch it soonest and hear everyone's thought on this. But I'm a bit worried about CDH's health because he doesn't look as calm as before. I can't wait for CDH and Det. Ki "collaboration" on solving murder cases, and his father's case of course because it's kind of tiring to see CDH struggles alone.

5 hours ago, zaireen said:

I've watched episode 4 (with subtitles) last night through KPlus. Hope you guys can watch it soonest and hear everyone's thought on this. But I'm a bit worried about CDH's health because he doesn't look as calm as before.

I was honestly surprised he even went to see the doctor at all, what with him seeming to be the type who will only address his health issues when they literally knock him off his feet. But yeah, I'm worried about it too, regardless of his prudent self care. The closer he gets to his father's case the more his heart seems to act up, and I bet we're going to see his health deteriorating soon.

Loved episode 4!

So frustrated with DG trying to twist DH around but what a great story this is!  The actor playing DG is so good at being sneaky and bad.  And I want to see more of Det. Ki.  

There are more and more connections popping up, especially in that new case with the nurse.  That boy patient has gotta be the son of the evil teacher, and he must have gotten the donor heart that should have gone to his father which would basically be righteous justice since his mom was raped and teacher/father shouldn't be the one who gets to live.

I'm also thinking that the nightmare that DH is having must be a memory from his donor heart--that this is the way the donor was killed.  And what if Mme. Jin was the donor's mom?  It makes sense.  And it looks like her son must have been a lawyer, too, because of the law books in his room and the picture we saw of him and his mom (although his face was blurred in glare).  

So we know that there is connection upon connection in the past dealing with DH's dad's crime and with DH's heart surgery.  This is getting even more interesting!   

Preview for episode 5

Clips from ep 4

Spoiler

Making - Behind the Scenes

Ratings:

E03: 4.5%
E04: 5.6%

Translated Netizen reactions

[Spoilers] Confession (Pilot) + Rating

Spoiler
0000970397_001_20190323222403417.jpg?fit
1-80.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – Xports News: ‘Confession’ Lee Jun Ho got to be in charge of the suspect from 5 years ago

1.[+754, -40] Lee Jun Ho is good at acting~~ As expected, he did not disappoint ^^

2.[+354, -31] It’s fun, now he is actor Lee Jun Ho

3.[+326, -13] It got fun when Yoo Jae Myung appeared…I will be watching the broadcast

4.[+216, -16] A watchable drama has came out after a long drama ㅎ

5.[+133, -13] It’s fun

6.[+96, -6] Lee Jun Ho’s acting is quite good even in his previous JTBC drama…his good at choosing the genre

7.[+90, -15] Lee Jun Ho’s acting is so natural and good^-^ I will be watching the broadcast

8.[+91, -15] I can tell that Lee Jun Ho and Ok Taecyeon have really good personality

9.[+91, -4] Isn’t it his imagination? It looks like a dream. Anyways, after Secret Forest, I always trust its actors and writer. Let’s take the first place in ratings~~

0000970673_001_20190324222503106.jpg?fit
1-81.png?w=640&ssl=1
1-83.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – Xports News: ‘Confession’ Lee Jun Ho made a winning move to win the trial

1.[+855, -17] It’s more fun than I thought and more immersed than yesterday ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2.[+573, -28] It’s really fun…Jun Ho’s acting is so good

3.[+348, -18] It’s like the next Secret Forest, It’s so fun. The time flies by while watching it. It’s a pity that time passes

4.[+288, -13] I’m seeing Jun Ho in a new light, his acting is good…Today is more fun than yesterday!!

5.[+242, -7] Confession actors, Lee Jun Ho, fighting~~!! Please take care of your health while filming ^^

6.[+129, -4] I’m so curious about the madam’s identity, is she Jun Ho’s real mother? Is she the heart donor’s mother? I feel like she is the donor’s

7.[+127, -4] Ever since ‘Just Between Lovers’, I felt that Jun Ho has a power of leading a drama

8.[+103, -0] It’s so fun but does he have to go to the crime scene at night? ㅋㅋ I feel nervous, like something may happen ㅋㅋ Why didn’t the detective answer his phone and made me more nervous? ㅋㅋㅋ

9.[+77, -5] Honestly, there is no hole in acting

10.[+73, -4] Lee Jun Ho matches well with Choi Do Hyun, His acting is so good

[Spoilers] Confession E03-04 + Rating

Spoiler
0000973413_001_20190330222404319.jpg?fit
1-2.png?w=640&ssl=1
1-3.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – Xports News: ‘Confession’ Lee Jun Ho found out that Ryoo Kyung Soo is involved in his father’s case

1.[+497, -7] When I first saw Jun Ho i thought he looked like Rain and when I saw Ryoo Kyung Soo i thought he looked like Yoon Kyun Sang but their acting is so good that I don’t think about who they look like now, I just think that they match their characters, I reflect on saying who will do the acting other than Yoo Jae Myung…Everyone is good at acting and the content is so good, I smell a masterpiece!!!

2.[+322, -5] It doesn’t feel like an hour has passed~~ It’s totally fun that time flies by

3.[+263, -8] How does the time fly by…How is Jun Ho this good at acting…the more i watch it the more i get surprised…I want tomorrow to come fast

4.[+146, -2] I’m curious about tomorrow’s episode

5.[+121, -0] It’s daebak fun

6.[+78, -0] The time totally flew by today!! I thought the time got shorten..!! I like that the story is not obvious!! I hope it keeps going like this!! Jun Ho is more like an actor than an idol now, if only idol turned actors are as good as Jun Ho…

7.[+54, -1] Jun Ho is really good at acting

8.[+51, -0] The immersion is seriously no joke, Jun Ho’s acting as a cold lawyer is really a masterpiece and the actor who plays Han Jong Koo is also good

9.[+49, -0] I liked how Jun Ho went and apologize to the victim’s family, I thought there is nothing to watch but now I found a drama to watch

2019040201000031900000161_20190401033906
1-4.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – Sports Chosun: ‘Confession’ Lee Jun Ho found out that Song Yoo Hyun didn’t accidentally kill him but planned it

1.[+642, -22] The drama’s tension is no joke ㅠㅠ Actor Lee Jun Ho is so good at acting ㅠㅠ

2.[+406, -4] At the end when he said were you born in 2002, I got goosebumps

3.[+288, -8] You can watch Confession while fully focused…Actors’ acting is the best…I hope Confession will hit daebak^^

4.[+238, -9] It’s number one out of the current airing dramas! Lee Jun Ho’s acting got deeper~~♡♡

5.[+92, -5] How can I wait till next week ㅠ

6.[+60, -4] When an idol acts there is always a feeling of over-exaggeration. Jun Ho doesn’t make you remember his days as a singer. He is a cool guy. I hope he makes it big.

7.[+52, -3] Confession’s story development and everyone’s acting is daebak good

8.[+47, -6] Lee Jun Ho is so good at acting, I was surprised at the end again

9.[+43, -3] There is only this drama to watch lately, Confession’s story and the actors’ acting are all good. I want to watch it daily ㅎ

7 hours ago, thistle said:

Loved episode 4!

So frustrated with DG trying to twist DH around but what a great story this is!  The actor playing DG is so good at being sneaky and bad.  And I want to see more of Det. Ki.  

There are more and more connections popping up, especially in that new case with the nurse.  That boy patient has gotta be the son of the evil teacher, and he must have gotten the donor heart that should have gone to his father which would basically be righteous justice since his mom was raped and teacher/father shouldn't be the one who gets to live.

I'm also thinking that the nightmare that DH is having must be a memory from his donor heart--that this is the way the donor was killed.  And what if Mme. Jin was the donor's mom?  It makes sense.  And it looks like her son must have been a lawyer, too, because of the law books in his room and the picture we saw of him and his mom (although his face was blurred in glare).  

So we know that there is connection upon connection in the past dealing with DH's dad's crime and with DH's heart surgery.  This is getting even more interesting!   

Same. I want to see more of Det Ki too because I want him to solve the serial murderer case and I don't always like our heroes to be so far behind the moves of the bad people. Feels like this will become a cat and mouse chase. I'm glad to see that Ki Choon Ho has something else to do in this drama, connecting and solving these two cases. Really looking forward how he moves forward with this, and if any of the other key players in the drama will join him on the hunt. Will he recruit Do Hyun's help eventually? Or will this be his side story which then when it connects to the bigger picture will finally have Do Hyun move in?

I didn't think Nurse Cho's case would interest me when I watched ep 4 without subs, but I was wrong. This case will reveal a lot about Do Hyun - this time knowing that his client is perhaps a murderer and purposely took the life of someone (even if there is a reason behind it), how will he react and help his client? Will this then lead to how he deals with Han Jong-gu especially if or when we learn more about Jong-gu's relationship with his mother? Will it affect his thoughts once it is revealed if whether his father was or was not the murderer?

Even though it's not fully addressed yet, I'm glad that despite all that is going on and the introduction of new characters and plots, they are still keeping the mystery of Do Hyun's dreams and Madam Jin's background going so that we know the writers haven't dropped or forgotten it. Finally, DH sees a doctor about his dreams and the doctor tell him to return if the dreams persists, so definitely we'll get more of the same in the next few episodes. Hopefully there is a little more there next time though. I wonder why they have blurred and kept the glare over the face of M. Jin's son. This only matters if we have seen the son before in the drama, otherwise he would just be another actor yet to be introduced. So I do think the reveal will be either the face Do Hyun so in the mirror who is the heart donor, or someone far left field that we weren't expecting. Unless they just wanted to keep the actor a secret for now.

The dynamics between Do Hyun and Han Jong-gu have completely shifted in the end of ep 3 and in ep 4. Han Jong-gu has the upper hand. DH and JG's evolving relationship is so fascinating for me and at this point is as much the heart of this show as DH and Ki Choon Ho.

Sometimes I forget how many characters this drama has until the make a return to the screen, like the politician and shady old man, the prosecutors, and then I remember Do Hyun's secret board.

Archived