[Drama 2019] Moment of Eighteen / 18, 열여덟의 순간

0ly40

20 hours ago, boredahjumma said:

Hello everyone, just dropping by :blush:

After watching Ep 10, anybody else think Oh Je is actually gay and attracted to Hwi Young? 

I think the same too. But then again I remember that scene where oh je was telling junwoo that he doesn't like the hierarchy in their class and that Hwi Young was at the top of the hierarchy soo idk lmao

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, elsanna said:

Thanks for OST link @morningdew:love:

I also think he is gay...cuz you can see he doesn't feel cozy when he is with daeen and in recent episode he said he have no interest in any girls:neutral: poor daeen

me too especially in ep 10 at the scene where they are playing with the sheep, oh je was staring at hwi young in atracted way

On 8/21/2019 at 11:21 PM, glass_shoe15 said:

I'm a bit surprised to see this thread slower than the response to this drama on other social media. :lol:

Because the ahjummas here need to see abs first before picking up this drama. 

On 8/23/2019 at 3:40 AM, elsanna said:

Whyoooo:mellow:...cuz I feel he doesn't have a mother... that's what he is hiding if not being gay.. LOL I guess I am the only one with weird ideas:joy:

I thought that too... it seemed really odd that he was carrying the baby and working?  Usually moms/grandmas would do that?  And compared to JW who seemed awkward when he was holding the child, OhJe was a pro...like he had done it very often.  Then there was that scene where a lady comes up and “mistakes” JW for the boy’s dad?  PDs and Writers don’t usually put scenes in like that for no reason.  Unless they were injecting humour.  Otherwise, it tends to be a foreshadowing of what to expect...that the boy is OhJe’s.  The other thing it could be is that the baby is really his brother... half brother... and mom had run away with another man and had a baby but didn’t want to look after him after he was born.  But I will say that OhJe’s glances at HY are also suspicious, so who knows, they may explore the gay angle after all.

2 hours ago, jeijei said:

Because the ahjummas here need to see abs first before picking up this drama. 

Not this Ahjumma. :D.  I like my men clothed so the story can sing with little distraction.  Yes I am a prude and quite Austenesque.  So far this story has my attention and I will watch to the end.  Character development has been nicely paced.  Gives me little sprinklings of nostalgia (retro dance and shared girlfriend giggles about first loves) without the cringe factor.  And for a high school drama it’s not easy to strike that balance.  This one has.

2 minutes ago, elsanna said:

People are saying only 2 epi are left....howwwww.... isn't this supposed to be 16 episode drama:astonished:

Yes it is 16 episode :D It is still many storyline hanging anyway, so it is not possible to conclude with just two episodes! 

15 minutes ago, elsanna said:

Don't know why people on YouTube are saying that only 2 epi are left:mellow:

How strange. every page about this drama says 16 episode. As long there is no other confirmation from JTBC themself I am gonna belive it is 16 episodes :) 

Jun-Woo's hiccups are too cute! He's just the sweetest bf EVER. 

I'm watchin' the ep. raw but it looks like Oh Je ended things with Da-In.. However, he insists they remain friends. 

I like how Jun-Woo's Mom stood up for Soo-Bin's Mom. She's such a cool parent:DB)

@elsanna

How are the ratings? Normally they cut short due to poor/low ratings:unsure: Then again, South Korea airs ahead, while we international viewers get to watch the next day/hours after it airs. 

On 8/15/2019 at 1:32 AM, anony12345 said:

I'm enjoying the show and as cute as it is I feel like the show went from being very serious, with the main leads best and oldest friend dying to a romance in the space of an episode or two.

We essentially got a one/two episode fallout from his friend dying? I have no issue with the odd romance parts but it has been over powering in the last few episodes

Gonna have to quote myself from last week - I don't mind it but this show has felt very different to what it was in the first few episodes recently. Looking at the preview it looks like we'll go back to some of the heavier topics which I prefer so looking forward to it. Personally, not sure how we weren't given more on how the main lead ended up as he was in the first few episodes, seems too late to explore that now as his development has already occurred. 

Also there's a background OST that has been played a few times - it came on in the latest episode (11)when she leaves the house early to meet the ML (around 23 mins in), it's very synthy and sound like it'll break into a proper song but never does. If anyone ever finds it I need to know what it is, sounds chill af

16 hours ago, elsanna said:

People are saying only 2 epi are left....howwwww.... isn't this supposed to be 16 episode drama:astonished:

The two episodes left are the two episodes left for filming. Others are completed already. So we still have 16 episodes.

It came from Hwiyoung's mom IG post. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1nX_JtJwjX/?igshid=mzlx93lfz7u3

12 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@elsanna

How are the ratings? Normally they cut short due to poor/low ratings:unsure: Then again, South Korea airs ahead, while we international viewers get to watch the next day/hours after it airs. 

The rating last night was 3.766% nationwide and 5.010% Seoul. It achieved its personal best rating. So i think At Eighteen is still good. The rating is good for a cable tv drama. 

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/article.php?aid=57485542908

Saw this tweet from last night, At Eighteen clips are on  Naver Top 100 videos. One of the drama clips was no. 1. I think this drama is well accpeted in korea. 

https://twitter.com/LovingOSW/status/1166028553302855680?s=19

Yea I feel the drama has sort of reached that lull I'm so familiar with watching a lot of K-dramas @anony12345

I think it's like what Seong-Woo & the cast mentioned in their interview, that the drama focuses on youth in the first half, the remainder will focus on their growth etc. So maybe that's why. 

The next ep. look pretty heavy as both Soo-Bin/Jun-Woo seek closure from their absent dads. While their moms come to terms with their kids dating; especially Soo-Bin's.. <_<

Archived