[Drama 2019] Moment of Eighteen / 18, 열여덟의 순간

0ly40

That Ep 8 first scene...Subin openly lied to her Mom in front of Junwoo...if i was Junwoo, i would consider it a red flag...why? How could she easily do that? She wasn't even sure what Junwoo will say (and we will never know :P)

I don't like how Romi treated her Dad, Junwoo, Subin and Pilsang. It's problematic. I haven't found any scene suggesting that i should pity her. Typical mean girl in kdrama. IMO, she doesn't deserve the love of Pilsang right now. Im curious of her redemption arc.

Hwiyoung, still a jerk. At Eighteen showed us that an abused child can also turn into abuser.  He is honestly gaining my sympathy in  the earlier part of ep, but with ep 9 teaser, i changed my mind. 

I love the scenes of Subin and friends. They are like real teenager, teasing and gushing when one of their friends have crush. Its realistic for me..

Regarding the tarot card, I think Chanyeol didn't tell Subin the true meaning of that card. I looked up the meaning of the tower card and it said that it was warning - a tower that was built on false belief and lies. With the preview, who do you think lied? And Subin seems gullible enough to believe what was written in text.

I wish Sanghoon to stay. There is a budding friendship between him and Junwoo...too bad it seems cut too short. Now, who will prove that Junwoo is innocent in that watch incident? Will they just leave it unresolve?

Ohje and Junwoo are the cutest bestfriend scenes and also their parents. I'm still curious of Ohje's secret. Was he g*y based on previous theory or Oh Dong is his child? Don't mislead us writer-nim :)

At Eighteen showed us three kinds of Junwoo's friendship so far..

First with his childhood bestfriend, whom he could sacrifice himself for..such a noble kind. Too bad he was gone too soon. I'm still not over with the way Junwoo portrayed his anger, his loneliness, his rage in E04...so much emotions shown in his eyes and facial expression, a very promising rookie actor. Kudos!

Second was his budding friendship with Sanghoon. Like finally, he found someone who shared his frustrations of being treated unfairly, too bad it seems like he chose to leave instead of facing his issues with Hwiyoung head-on...

Third is with Ohje..not yet deep imo, (though they introduced each other as bestfriend). Looking forward to how will they support each other...

Gosh, seems like the first two left him...hope the third one will not.

E07 and E08 showed teenage love, which is part of growing up. It made me smile, it made me scream. It's realistic, young love is awkward,  naive, gullible, have lots of misunderstanding, and most teenagers hide it from parents. But they say, in real life, first loves don't usually end up together..will it be the same in At Eighteen?

Btw, Junwoo is so handsome in that date. :wub:

We are done with the first half. So far I'm happy with the way of direction and acting, especially the rookies...they delivered.  The cinematography was very beautiful. Im curious of the second half. I hope it will still be as good as the first half.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soo-Bin ah why you do this to Jun-Woo..?? Jun-Woo is such a sweet , sweet guy (sigh) he doesn't deserve this really..

I like his friendship with Oh Je , maybe they should be a couple instead:P And Pil Sang :lol:  tryin' so hard to win over Ro-Mi :lol:

WoW Jun-Woo's Mom is an excellent driver!:D 

Did Soo-Bin's Mom bump into her Dad?? I felt a lil satisfaction when she hurt her arm & humiliated herself:P Hwi-Young's Mom I think bribed the Teacher. Well Hwi-Young's family act like thugs so I ' m not surprised:rolleyes: 

Pil-sang is from a rich family?  Who would’ve thought?  The exact thing RoMi actually desires.

I like how JunWoo made amends with SangHoon.  No big weepy scene.  That’s not how boys do it.  They do it with shared camaraderie.  And for both of them, it was running.  Such a healthy way to resolve differences.

Somehow I don’t think OhJe is gay.  His response to JW when JW said SooBin was who he was interested in didn’t seem to reflect that.  He responded like a good friend would?  I think he’s a teen dad.  He’s not keen on having another relationship because he was probably burnt from the last one.  His dad however wants the baby to have a mom so that’s why he seems happy to egg OJ on. Usually the baby goes with the Mother...but here we have baby with the Father which is unusual.  Not sure what the story is there.  As for the long  stare with HY after they bump into each other which seemed to hint further at his homosexual tendencies?  I read it to mean HY knows his secret (of being a teen dad) and in his typical controlling way has used it for his own benefit to make sure OhJe toes the line.  So there’s tension there.

4 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Soo-Bin ah why you do this to Jun-Woo..?? Jun-Woo is such a sweet , sweet guy (sigh) he doesn't deserve this really..

I like his friendship with Oh Je , maybe they should be a couple instead:P And Pil Sang :lol:  tryin' so hard to win over Ro-Mi :lol:

WoW Jun-Woo's Mom is an excellent driver!:D 

Did Soo-Bin's Mom bump into her Dad?? I felt a lil satisfaction when she hurt her arm & humiliated herself:P Hwi-Young's Mom I think bribed the Teacher. Well Hwi-Young's family act like thugs so I ' m not surprised:rolleyes: 

Well agree Soo-bin was a little bit frustrating in even halfway belive the lie. but at the same time she have her insecurity and also consider HW is her childhood friend she would take in consideration what he told her. but at the end of the episode where she show JW the message on the phone and with JW respond you could see she got her wake up call. she knows she did mess up seeing JW genuine respond. her face said it all! now it is her time to rebuild her relationship with JW and apologi to him. I am looking forward to their honest talk they gonna have :) Also her friendship with HW is about to sink, he he. boy just destroyed the friendship he had with SB. I mean I feel bad for his family life, but dud that is not a reason to lash out on his class mate and friend. 

I am not usually into teen dramas and I only started watching it because JW’s mom is my favorite actress. However, I must say this drama has been refreshing the PD and writer are doing some great story telling. So far to

me it has been trope free. It has actually been a believable story without the usual stupid drama writer tricks. Great music too. So far I give it :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@anony12345

Idk. Soo-Bin just seem really fickle..? Like she flip-flops a lot. She was so steadfast by Jun-Woo during the theft incident & now all a sudden 1 text , she runs away:rolleyes: I admire Jun-Woo's persistence but yea agreed it'd hurt my ego to ask her to get back together.. But as he told Oh Je , she's his first love(?) 

I do like that Soo-Bin's Mom is seeing Jun-Woo's Mom in a different light.. Maybe her cheery nature might bring a change to Soo-Bin's Mom? At least I hope so. 

I hate that the writers literally decided to write off yet another pivotal character - Sang-Hoon. He was like the only 1 who could stand up against Hwi-Young & even that is gone. Typical of K-dramas I guess. 

12 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

I am not usually into teen dramas and I only started watching it because JW’s mom is my favorite actress. However, I must say this drama has been refreshing the PD and writer are doing some great story telling. So far to

me it has been trope free. It has actually been a believable story without the usual stupid drama writer tricks. Great music too. So far I give it :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hear hear!!  Yes to refreshing :).  None of it feels forced.  That’s the beauty of it.  It just flows like a well made (and acted) take on 18yos...

SooBin is showing herself to be so much more mature than her mom when it comes to their relationship?  I find myself questioning who the adult is and who the child is?  :lol:

Oh Je ah~ just tell Da-In the truth huh like please..?! And the whole Soo-Bin/Hwi-Young/Jun-Woo love triangle is gettin' old-_-:rolleyes:

On the other, I'm super glad Sang-Hoon is back! WooooHoooOooo:glasses:

The Homeroom Teacher is seriously a hoot LoL. Is Chan-Yeol now crushing on him ha-ha?:lol: Hwi-Young is just a miserable overgrown kid ain't he LoL?! I feel like he just needs loads of hugs & therapy tbh. He just wants everyone to be miserable 'cause that's how he controls his environment I guess (shrugs) Poor .. poor .. Pil-Sang .. Ro-Mi just doesn't give up sheesh! 

@boredahjumma said:-

Hello everyone, just dropping by :blush:

After watching Ep 10, anybody else think Oh Je is actually gay and attracted to Hwi Young? 

Annyeong~ Hello there (waves) Welcome:D

I didn't want to believe it at first but after ep.10 especially when he look to be holding back from tellin' Da-In on his sexual identity, that's when I was (a light bulb moment) convinced he's gay. 'Cause that's what netizens were speculating for awhile. But what of the lil kid though LoL??

35 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@boredahjumma said:-

Annyeong~ Hello there (waves) Welcome:D

I didn't want to believe it at first but after ep.10 especially when he look to be holding back from tellin' Da-In on his sexual identity, that's when I was (a light bulb moment) convinced he's gay. 'Cause that's what netizens were speculating for awhile. But what of the lil kid though LoL??

Not so sure about the lil kid either :D

Lets continue watching and see how the story develop 

I'm a bit surprised to see this thread slower than the response to this drama on other social media. :lol:

Since OSW have a lot of fans, so i saw many repost about OSW only in instagram until the power of the other actors is ignored.:confused:

1. i enjoy watching SANG HOON comeback. he need revenge. B)

2. the situation that occurred between sseam (teacher oh) and unnie mart (joo woo workmates) is reality. struggle to find a good jobs (ji-min) and corruption in workplace (teacher oh):wacko:

3. Oh je is gays? what? i cant stop laugh when read comment in youtube.:astonished:  POOR uri da heen.

4. finally ro mi identity exposed. :grimace:

5. Poor Pil Sang GOT reject from RO MI. but its ok Pil Sang, sometimes first love does not becomes to you. but its make you matured. 

preview episode 11

SB: WHAT HAS CHANGED SINCE WE'VE STARTED DATING?

JW: I KEEP LOOKING IN THE MIRROR. MY REFLECTION LOOKS SO EXCITED ALL THE TIME. :lol:

you so funny joo woo yaa!!!!

until now 4 ost already release. 

sorry its me again in this thread. :grimace:

i cant even explain how this drama makes me feel. their chemistry is just so refreshing  and amazing. i really love the story line and how things are turning. all characters makes the drama beautiful. like we went through at a young age

Archived