[Drama 2019] Moment of Eighteen / 18, 열여덟의 순간

0ly40

On 7/30/2019 at 10:30 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

If that REALLY was the case then I'd hug her instead as @glass_shoe15 suggests! I mean isn't that natural when you're scared Idk LoL? 

@Latte_Anyday for me, maybe they arent at that stage yet like its too early for that? idk hahaha and Junwoo is an awkward guy, something like a hug to someone whom he just met will be out of a character? i actually like their interactions for now.. not so lovey-dovey yet but they are like adorably shy together as they are getting close hehehe. I find the scene when they were performing their english assessment in front of Teacher Oh so pure 

+ there is definitely something going on with Hwiyoung's family/father and the school. there was this scene when the old homeroom teacher made a phone call to his father and ask him to check on 'about the thing'. explains why Hwiyoung seems like he has control over the school, even with the teachers.. 

anyone feels that there needs to be more explanation behind Junghoo's death? like the bullies still continued to attack Junghoo after he left to start anew?? why :bawling: 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

But Sang-Hoon's dad is like Hwi-Young's dad's boss LoL..?

Can't remember what's Sang Hoon's dad's position in the company, but judging with the Dad's comment (which I conveniently have forgotten) and the interactions between Hwi Young and Sang Hoon, their fathers are at least on an equal level. SH's dad is probably very capable in the company so Dad can't "touch" him. I think SH's dad doesn't have a good specs as HY's dad (coz Dad was looking down on him) and so he pressures HY to beat SH coz he thinks they are the privilege one.  Geez, all of a sudden I'm reminded of Harry Potter - Mudblood vs Pure blood.

6 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I do wonder why he won't spill the dirt, like what is he waiting for? 

Coz he doesn't care, yet. Everything seems to be "fun" to watch for SH at the moment based on his behaviours. Not taking anything seriously. Also I think because he is benefitting through HY by being able to attend the closed group tuition arranged by HY's mom, so he doesn't want to offend HY. Things might changed depending on how heavy his character will play later in the story.

I've never watched nor read the Harry Potter books/movies so:phew:

Yea I did wonder why Hwi-Young's Dad mentioned bein' smart was scary @mademoisellesia and I remembered goin' Huh LoL? I think somethin' similar was explored in Sky Castle too. I don't remember but the father of twins who thought his family had more class over everyone in their suburb:rolleyes: Something like that:lol:

I guess if Sang-Hoon reveals it now drama would've lost it's narrative ha:P

@ongeverse

I thought so too 'cause both are similar but I also thought it was 'cause he's afraid of offending her (personal space) Then there's Seong-Woo's fan girls. 

2 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I've never watched nor read the Harry Potter books/movies so:phew:

Yea I did wonder why Hwi-Young's Dad mentioned bein' smart was scary @mademoisellesia and I remembered goin' Huh LoL? I think somethin' similar was explored in Sky Castle too. I don't remember but the father of twins who thought his family had more class over everyone in their suburb:rolleyes: Something like that:lol:

I guess if Sang-Hoon reveals it now drama would've lost it's narrative ha:P

@ongeverse

I thought so too 'cause both are similar but I also thought it was 'cause he's afraid of offending her (personal space) Then there's Seong-Wood's fan girls. 

Sorry but do you really think there wont be any hugging and kissing in this drama just because of his fangirls? He will not be the first idol with lots of fangirls to have a romance in a drama. Ong's "fangirls" will be fine because they understand its part of his job. And he already kissed a girl for a photoshoot so its nothing new for his "fangirls"

8 hours ago, ongeverse said:

I find the scene when they were performing their english assessment in front of Teacher Oh so pure 

I like that scene a lot. Junwoo and Subin were both smiling and it somehow lifted the mood of Teacher Oh after the vice principal asked him to stop because parents were complaining.  I dont get it why parents had a control over the vice principal or even the school in general. 

JW's dream might be funny to those who dont know what he had been through. But it is not a simple as that. There is certain depth especially when he said that sleeping with the lights on makes him less lonely. :(

Subin's dream is to "escape"... She's at that stage when she sees her mom as too controlling while her mom just want the best for her. I think they have some problem with communication and intention. Each of them has a point...if only they could talk openly and meet halfway.

1 hour ago, Aleeena said:

Ong's "fangirls" will be fine because they understand its part of his job. And he already kissed a girl for a photoshoot so its nothing new for his "fangirls"

Been following Seongwu for quiet sometime and i agree that his fans will be cool and mature enough for a hug or even kiss scene coz it is part of his job as an actor now. 

Ep. 4 made me smile and cry at the same time.

The first part made me smile. There is this certain attraction between JW and SB...seems like they are not yet aware but they are slowly falling...their cute interactions are easy to watch. 

Hwiyoung is such a control freak and overly eager to impress everyone around him even if he has to step on someone just like what he did to Teacher Oh about the budget<_< 

I am also curious about Ohjae. It is interesting to see how will his character develops in the future.

Junwoo and his bestfriend scenes are so heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time.

The ending part of ep 4 is emotional and intense. The way Junwoo delivered the emotions of anger and anguish without a dialogue is very promising for a rookie actor like him. I'm not the first one to say this, but Seongwu/Junwoo had a soulful gaze that added depth to his acting.

Looking forward to ep5.

@Aleeena said:-

Sorry but do you really think there wont be any hugging and kissing in this drama just because of his fangirls? He will not be the first idol with lots of fangirls to have a romance in a drama. Ong's "fangirls" will be fine because they understand its part of his job. And he already kissed a girl for a photoshoot so its nothing new for his "fangirls"

You make it sound like I'm gullible:P

Gee he already kissed a girl... Congrats LoL?:rolleyes: 

I could care less of his fangirls. The fans in general have been known to be crazy possessive of their idols that's all I was sayin' geez.

52 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@Aleeena said:-

You make it sound like I'm gullible:P

Gee he already kissed a girl... Congrats LoL?:rolleyes: 

I could care less of his fangirls. The fans in general have been known to be crazy possessive of their idols that's all I was sayin' geez.

I just proved you wrong so you want to be condescending huh? I brought up kissing to show you that osw fans wouldn't freak out if he hugs the girl. Geez. 

Yes idol fans are possessive/crazy when it comes to idols dating irl but I've never seen this case when they starr in dramas. Even more popular idols than osw who have super crazy fans don't make noise if their oppas kisses their co-stars in dramas. Sure, you don't care about his fangirls but keep bringing them up.

Ps. Its not the first time I've seen prejudice against idol fans in soompi forum. Its really annoying. 

My favourite scene:

1. When see jun woo mother cry when she know jun woo got injure (his mom cry look sad and cute at the same time)

2. When jun woo know soo bin choose him as a partner to english test (love it) 

3. When soo bin commend about how good he iron his unifrom. (So cute)

16 hours ago, Aleeena said:

May i know what photoshoot he kissed a girl? I want to do research. Haha

12 hours ago, glass_shoe15 said:

May i know what photoshoot he kissed a girl? I want to do research. Haha

It was a wedding photoshoot photo before he joined produce 101 and debuted as w1. You can easily find it in yt. Back then his fans accepted that it was part of his job. :)

That cute victory dance when Junwoo found out that Subin chose him was so nice.

I saw in youtube. Their first scripts reading. i wondered how they called each other. :rolleyes:Hyang gi sunbae-nim and seog wu oppa? Its like that? Omo...it's like awkward to me :lol:

Anybody here? :grimace:

I spent my weekends, watching this bts drama. :joy:  I saw, during the filming of the poster drama, they looked awkward. :sweat_smile:I hope after spending a lot of time together during filming, they can be close and comfortable together.:love:

I think this is first time kim hyang gi act as lead with love story. That why she look shy and quiet.

7 hours ago, glass_shoe15 said:

I saw in youtube. Their first scripts reading. i wondered how they called each other. :rolleyes:Hyang gi sunbae-nim and seog wu oppa? Its like that? Omo...it's like awkward to me :lol:

I read somewhere that Seongwu calls Hyanggi as Subin during filming to lessen the awkwardness since Hyanggi is a big sunbae to him.

I think Hyanggi and Seongwu are no longer awkward. In the latest clips they looked comfortable...

Seems like episode 5 will be more interesting. Will Junwoo's character be darker? Can't wait till tomorrow.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/468/00005438420000543842_001_20190804081430805.jpg?typ

2 hours ago, KawaiiOnge said:

I read somewhere that Seongwu calls Hyanggi as Subin during filming to lessen the awkwardness since Hyanggi is a big sunbae to him.

I think Hyanggi and Seongwu are no longer awkward. In the latest clips they looked comfortable...

Seems like episode 5 will be more interesting. Will Junwoo's character be darker? Can't wait till tomorrow.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/468/0000543842

I hope soo bin can guide him. Keep him calm :sweatingbullets:

12 hours ago, glass_shoe15 said:

I saw in youtube. Their first scripts reading. i wondered how they called each other. :rolleyes:Hyang gi sunbae-nim and seog wu oppa? Its like that? Omo...it's like awkward to me 

abt script reading, its their first time meeting each other and also seong wu's 1st time ever doing script reading. i find the awkwardness was quite reasonable. even during the group poster filming, it was taken less than a month when they started their filming. if anything, i find it refreshing that they admit their awkwardness out quite in the open in an attempt to make it less awkward (?). in their latest making video, seongwu refers to himself as oppa (@ 1:01)

5 hours ago, KawaiiOnge said:

I read somewhere that Seongwu calls Hyanggi as Subin during filming

this was from the press conference, seongwu said himself that he sometimes call hyanggi as subin. even the production crew calls seongwu as junwoo in their making film. 

anyways, im excited for ep 5 since we are going to see a change in junwoo's personality after his best friend's death. he won't sit around and let hwiyoung do whatever he wants. the important thing is how he is going about doing it - i hope he will be smart since hwiyoung has that wealth and influence over the school. i pity junwoo now :( also,  i wonder if it will affect his relationship with subin since subin is considered friends with hwiyoung. but i feel even subin will change upon learning about the truth

@ongeverse thanks, i remember now. :)

I hope the scriptwriter wont make Junwoo's character too dark after his friend's passing. I still want to see the cute and adorable Junwoo.

I think he will be smart enough to handle the "revenge". 

Seems like Junwoo is a little bit indifferent to Subin based on teaser...i hope that is not the case when the drama airs.  I want the two of them to develop deeper friendship..and maybe later develop into something. :wub:

Im curious about Ohje's reaction since he was there when Junwoo punched Hwiyoung. Will he ask Junwoo or will he wait till Junwoo open up?

I want Episode 5 to explain what really happened that led to them death of Junhoo. He was suppose to go somewhere, but why he ended up in a hospital in Seoul? I had some more  questions but I'll wait till ep 5, i hope i get answers. 

Im excited for OST part 2 tomorrow.

1 hour ago, KawaiiOnge said:

Seems like Junwoo is a little bit indifferent to Subin based on teaser...i hope that is not the case when the drama airs.  I want the two of them to develop deeper friendship..and maybe later develop into something

towards the end of the ep. 5 preview, he still asked if she was okay (after overhearing the argument with her mom) so I think they will still care and look out for one another.

when junwoo was being indifferent to subin was because maybe they don't know how to continue their friendship (normally) after that incident (junwoo punching hwiyoung). afterall and all this while, subin don't really know the actual truth (conflict) between junwoo and hwiyoung + the fact that hwiyoung is still subin's friend. now the truth is somewhat out that there is a conflict between junwoo and hwiyoung, its a new situation for subin to deal with. but i believe subin will try to be understanding towards junwoo. in ep 5 preview, she said to hwiyoung "why did you stay still when junwoo was hitting you?" (perhaps she is suggesting that if you are not guilty of something, why didn't you retaliate). and to junwoo, she said "i wanted to help in case you were being treated indifferently". anyways, this is my take on ep 5 preview, it might turn out differently hahaha

soompi posted details for ep 5 preview and it mention junwoo changing.  “Following his friend’s death and after figuring out what Hwi Young’s plans were, Joon Woo begins to undergo a change. Please watch over him as he goes through a whirlwind of emotions.” (cr.soompi)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1343263wpp/ong-seong-wu-changes-as-his-conflict-with-shin-seung-ho-deepens-in-moments-of-18

it even mention junwoo meeting with sanghoon. finally sanghoon, i hope he will side with junwoo this time :')

I think this gonna be a turning point in Junwoo and Subin relationship as the conflict between Junwwo and hwojoung is out in the open. But seems like they still care for each other as they reach out for each other. I guess this can cement their friendship as they walk true this together. I do wonder what Subin knows about Hwojoung as it is hinted at something that made their friendship cold as she keeps a distance from him.

Im curious of ep 5.

Some fans are even speculating that Junwoo's character will turn darker...i just hope he will be clever enough in dealing with Hwiyoung, coz we know, his family is kind of influential at school.

Will Kitae take the blame? After all he was the one who gave the money to those bullies. (Though we know who is the real mastermind)

I pity Hwiyoung for his insecurities and home situations...but i dont want him to get away with what he has done. 

I hope Subin find out the truth about Junwoo and Hwiyoung real soon.

Well I am just glad that whatever happens(or happened, I am referring to the awkwardness) behind the scenes doesn’t translate to their characters when they act.  The acting of all the cast has been stellar for me so far.  They are getting me invested in their characters (even HwiYoung).  But honestly OSW is definitely someone to watch in the future.  He has presence and he has a knack of getting the audience to empathize with his character.  For some reason he reminds me of Dylan O’Brien.  The same intensity. :)

@nrllee same!!!! When i first saw him in produce 101, i noticed the striking resemblance to Dylan O'Brien. I even thought he was korean-american.

Seongwu is very promising. I hope he take different kind of roles in the future. His expressions and body language are so good. 

Even Hwiyoung is also good. He made the viewers blood boils. 

How can I forget Hyanggi? She's always good. She never dissappoints. I love her chemistry with Seongwu.

Student casts acting are all fine. It is such a treat that i don't have to cringe. I hope it stays that way till the drama ends. 

3 hours ago, KawaiiOnge said:

same!!!! When i first saw him in produce 101, i noticed the striking resemblance to Dylan O'Brien. I even thought he was korean-american.

When I watched him in Produce 101 (retrospectively after watching his performance here), his actions and mannerisms sealed it for me as a Dylan O’Brien doppelgänger :lol:.  Maze Runner Thomas and Stiles Stilinski... 

They are all solid actors/actresses.  I adore HyangGi.  I agree, she never disappoints. :wub:

Archived