[Drama 2018-2019] Gangnam Scandal, 강남 스캔들

0ly40

SH has always behaved honorably all throughout his childhood but now, his belief system has made remarkable changes. I think he's gone crazy as well for real. All the psychiatric help he's been receiving is worthless. He's better off if he reciprocated the advances of the new employee. 

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really got curious so I only watched the beginning of episode 81 where the minion abused SY and the last scene where Ms. Hong gets a message and I saw SJ new dark angle style vibe with a new hair cut that says I'm coming for you. I think I will start watching from episode 82 it seems it is the episode where SJ starts taking actual actions. I will try not to watch this one and be patient.

wow the pacing of the story is getting interesting. i have not watch it yet. thanks "yaedula"(guy's). i really enjoyed watching this drama andd then talking to  others who watched it also. oh yes before i forget. SJ dad is an imbecile and an idiot and her sister as well for still placing their trust on hong.

Took a break from the forum to finish grad school.  I admit I am only watching bits and pieces here now and fast forwarding a lot.  I am not watching it nearly as regular as before since I find the plot going in circles.  If I didn't have free time right now, I probably wouldn't be watching it at all.  I did watch a part of the episode and was glad SJ did what he did although I wish he sent the video to both Sehyun and his mother.  At this point they need to send visible proof to SH, even if he is crazy, he can't deny video especially a video like that. I honestly do not like the writing of the story... it's super slow even for a daily.  I think the problem with this show is that they didn't give enough plot to all of the characters which is why they are dragging the corporate and SJ/SH/SY soooooo long.  Usually dailies have a bit of makjang but they also have more storylines going at the same time.  One thing I do like that is that we finally have confirmation of SY's feelings for SJ and SJ no longer being in the dark of what is happening around him. 

Will probably only watch SJ/SY scenes if any for the foreseeable future. 

I agree that the plot on the other characters is shallow. Case in point is Miri who fell deeply in love with SJ's dad the chairman who is an idiot. The operations in the company are hazy. The chairman, SJ's dad who is supposed to have built the company does not behave like an astute businessman. This drama does not seem to be governed by the laws of the real world. Hong's minion just follows her blindly like they have no thoughts of their own and exist only to serve her.In the real world even if you give people money, they will still mess with you.

Wow? I wanted to know if I was the only one not digging SJ's new hair? Hong's minion is as annoying as ever but I'm so glad that SJ caught that on his phone. I hope he saved if somewhere bit we all know that Hong is coming for SJ.... Why didn't SJ show the video to SH- we'll never know... But if did, Hong would have been brought down next episode and we wouldn't have 120 episodes of drama.

TB and Miri is cute as ever- TB should definitely hire those two in his store and work them to repent (if they do repent). Definitely looking forward to when SJ actually tells SY about his illness though, I don't think it that he's hiding it...

Watching with subs make me agree with other chingos who have stopped watching Ms Hong scenes.  Her fake voice and mannerisms are getting really thick and syrupy to the point of being obnoxious.  When she met with new potential daughter-in-law and was explaining/lying about SH’s relationship with SY, Ms Hong’s tone of voice was dripping with false sweetness.  This possible new daughter-in-law, however, is very smart and observant and I think she is realizing that SH is the obsessor while SY is not interested, hence the interesting lady comment.  Time will tell.

The preview shows SJ putting the kobosh on Ms. Hong and asking her to retire based upon the video but then SJ collapses....will Ms. Hong delete the video after taking his phone?

SH’s character flaws just keep getting bigger.  Now, he is not even a human being after SJ tries to have a conversation with him.  He is so full of weaknesses that he needs to be in a mental health program in order to grow as a person.  He’s a complete mess but with Ms.Hong as his mother it’s understandable,

1 hour ago, dulceres said:

Ep 85?  I thought t would be Ep 82 only? Advance? or just incorrect label:rolleyes:?

The occasionally show the preview for next week earlier in the week.  This preview will air after Thursday's (american time) episode 84. 

On 3/19/2019 at 9:14 AM, dramaninja said:

Ep 81 is up!

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/kangnam-scandal-e81.html

Hide contents

Well SJ mow know Hong was messing  with SY he seen the whole thing and got video proof.

SJ is a good kid. Despite having the evidence which could destroy Ms Hong, he remembers the good deeds done by Ms Hong despite her true evil colors. Looks like SJ will use the evidence to threaten her so she would back off & retreat gracefully (safe face).

Darn... how I wish SJ would just show the evidence to SH face when they met in the Chairman's office so that he (SH) would wake up & realize his witch mother's deed. Can't wait to see this wooden guy cry again! SJ is such a gentleman, still treating SH as a brother and didn't want to hurt his feelings. If I were SJ, I'd tell SH to fly kite long time ago...but that's just me lol. :lol:

15 hours ago, Pchin said:

SJ is a good kid. Despite having the evidence which could destroy Ms Hong, he remembers the good deeds done by Ms Hong despite her true evil colors. Looks like SJ will use the evidence to threaten her so she would back off & retreat gracefully (safe face).

Darn... how I wish SJ would just show the evidence to SH face when they met in the Chairman's office so that he (SH) would wake up & realize his witch mother's deed. Can't wait to see this wooden guy cry again! SJ is such a gentleman, still treating SH as a brother and didn't want to hurt his feelings. If I were SJ, I'd tell SH to fly kite long time ago...but that's just me lol. :lol:

If I was SJ, I would have sent that video to SH AGES ago so he can see his mom's true identity and rat her out. What kind of second chances do you expect to give Ms. Hong? She's evil to the very last second. I just hope that SH accepts the idea, and I think I can see some changes in him already. I have a good feeling he's suspicious of his mom as well, based on SY and SJ's testimonials and what Kang Hanna has told him about his mom bringing her to the company. It's good that he's getting suspicious! I hope SY, SJ, and SH teams up to bring Ms. Hong down, that'd be REALLY satisfying.

37 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Hide contents

I think SJ told SH about his illness  :(  It is hard watching SJ breaking down like that.  Preview looks good though with SY having dinner with SJ family.

Spoiler

I'M SO GLAD HE TOLD HER. I know she's going to have a tough time taking it but it's better than being kept in the blue about it. I'm having hope if you said she's having dinner with his family... Maybe they'll come to accept her and not as "that brat."

43 minutes ago, xprosperity said:
  Hide contents

I'M SO GLAD HE TOLD HER. I know she's going to have a tough time taking it but it's better than being kept in the blue about it. I'm having hope if you said she's having dinner with his family... Maybe they'll come to accept her and not as "that brat."

Spoiler

Lol I said SH not SY but she going to find out soon I think SH may tell her?

Spoiler

Watched ep. 83 without subs.  Looks like a good episode.  Hong and her goons plan to get rid of SY by sending her to the states to work with their client, Woldruf.  I am hoping she learns of SJ illness and decides not to go.  I don’t think she should leave SJ or SD alone right now.  Hongs next opponent will be getting SJ away from the company so she and SH can completely take over.  

SJ was supposed to meet SY for dinner but I think he is avoiding her right now.  He went to see SH and I think he told  him he was dying.  He will probably ask SH to try and protect SY because he may not live long.  

One character that I like is SK, I feel so bad for her.  She only wants to be accepted and loved.  She tries to talk to her father and he gets upset and leaves the room.  I would like to see her have a happy ending.  Haven’t seen the golf pro lately so I guess she gave up on him after finding out he was working with CM to seduce her.

Archived