[Drama 2018-2019] Gangnam Scandal, 강남 스캔들

0ly40

11 hours ago, hapacalgirl said:
  Hide contents

I'm glad SJ made a move, because we really needed some forward momentum on the OTP at this point in the drama.  Also I am glad that she returned the kiss, because even if she is using SJ, she does have some genuine feelings toward him, just not as strong as SJ's are for her yet.  I really hope that the kiss happened as organically as it appeared because it didn't look like she knew SH was there and it just worked in her favor that he happened to walk in on it.  But now that SJ has made an actual move on her and believes she feels the same to some extent, it will be interesting to see how he handles his family and Jiyoon now that he feels his feelings are reciprocated instead of just one sided. 

I think this is the difference between SJ and SH. When SJ wants to do something, he just go ahead with hid feelings and his heart , but SH was always thinking with his mind and trying to get permissions and approval from all parties, "what would my mother think if I do this? What would SY think if I do this......" That personality is not attractive to women, like SY said, it saddened her that he tried to please all parties, which SJ would not do. 

It would be interesting to see how SJ and SY hang out after the kiss, because I feel the surrogacy thing is coming out, and they also mentioned that JY was preparing for the wedding for a while......How will the two handle the mess? It is hard to imagine~~~

Maybe it indicates that Korean society is still quite conservative to the surrogacy thing and see it as a stigma to both sides. But I think it is not that much of a deal if the two parties deal with it appropriately. Like what happened in the American Show "Friends" where Pheobe surrogated for her brother couple, she said it was a "gift" to them since they were not able to conceive. It should not be humiliating

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Yi Gui said:

I think this is the difference between SJ and SH. When SJ wants to do something, he just go ahead with hid feelings and his heart , but SH was always thinking with his mind and trying to get permissions and approval from all parties, "what would my mother think if I do this? What would SY think if I do this......" That personality is not attractive to women, like SY said, it saddened her that he tried to please all parties, which SJ would not do. 

It would be interesting to see how SJ and SY hang out after the kiss, because I feel the surrogacy thing is coming out, and they also mentioned that JY was preparing for the wedding for a while......How will the two handle the mess? It is hard to imagine~~~

Maybe it indicates that Korean society is still quite conservative to the surrogacy thing and see it as a stigma to both sides. But I think it is not that much of a deal if the two parties deal with it appropriately. Like what happened in the American Show "Friends" where Pheobe surrogated for her brother couple, she said it was a "gift" to them since they were not able to conceive. It should not be humiliating

Its two-fold with Sodam, I think not only is Korea still quite conservative with surrogacy, the fact that Sodam is young and unmarried and already have been pregnant so to speak is really taboo.  Adding the fact that it was for Seojun's sister adds a whole other layer of taboo when SoYou and Seojun get together officially or try to get together officially.  

For good or bad, western cultures are overall more open minded to these things, but in lots of traditional parts of Asia it is still pretty taboo.

I think SeoJun's will handle everything the way he has handled it in the past.  He has been pretty honest with JiYoon from the getgo, she is just in denial and hardheaded.  The harder part is dealing with his family but if the previous episodes are any indication, the fact he kissed SY means that there is no way he is marrying JiYoon or even considering it unless it is to protect SY in some way.  He's been respectful of SY up to this point because he thought she only loved SH, now he has reason to believe its not one-sided.  It will be interesting to see how their friend/coworker interactions will be now that they have kissed.  I hope they maintain some level of their bickering and SY gets more comfortable with him. 

Ms Hong is such a funny character to me. She thinks that separating SY from SH will make SH go for SJ's position that she didn't even consider by putting SY and SJ together that he would want to leave the company to get away from seeing the two.  I mean SJ is the heir and won't leave, so of course SH would want to leave since he wouldn't want to work day to day watching his first love and his best friend become romantic. It always amuses me how dramas are written sometimes. 

4 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

WHAT's happening ? please, put in  spoiler maybe

surrogacy is coming out......SH is struggling with his depression caused by his evil mother

SH is going to physically beat SJ for their kissing......

I haven't seen episode 57 yet because well, I'm waiting on subs but just to comment on episode 56:

THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT KISS. I wasn't even sure if SY-SJ ship as sailing anymore but this was confirmation! Now I feel like I have some energy to keep watching and seeing how SJ continue to protect SY while she navigates out of the mess called Ms. Hong's evil scheme.

I was so touched when SJ said "use me all you want. I'll let you use me" to SY; he doesn't know ANYTHING behind the plan yet trusts her unconditionally. That sort of shows you how deep their relationship is and how shallow SH's is with SY, despite knowing each other for long.

Again... I'm so glad they kissed and SY reciprocated. This just goes to show that it's not one-sided after all! I just hope they can get all of their family member stuff sorted out, go date like normal people and toss us more sweet candies like this one! :heart:

If SH has a half brain he will wonder why his mother said " Because of a girl", his mother ruined her son for a company. If she is that great she wouldn't need to steal someone else's fortune to give it to her son. She should have spent her 30 years in something more constructive instead of enslaving herself and her son for something she could have built all on her own.

Spoiler

Saw the subs for 57.  Ms Hong is a piece of work to be using suicide as a tactic against her son.  Also I like that SJ is completely honest with his feelings and told Jiyoon point blank that he likes SoYou enough to 1)let her use him 2) disregard his fathers wishes and 3) Jiyoon's and Sehyun wishes.  Without saying the word love he basically told Jiyoon he loves SoYou too much to care about others.  If JiYoon still thinks she has a chance, she is on a special level of denial.  

I also like that SoYou is genuinely confused, she should be.  Her and Sejun have a deeper relationship then she is willing to admit to herself but its intertwined with her deal with Ms. Hong.  It's completely natural for her not to know if she continued to kiss him because she has feelings for him or because deep her mind she was told to do this.  We all know she has developed feelings for him but at this point it makes sense she is confused. I love that Sejun has so much trust in her character to let her use him but also respects her feelings enough to know she is confused and at least for now he is giving her the space she needs.  We will see what happens once they are back in close contact in the office. 

SH is a piece of work, he is obviously screwed up because of the years of psychological abuse from his mom and I have a small amount of sympathy for him.  But regardless of his hurt, he needs to let Sejun and SoYou figure their feelings out.  Sejun gave him a chance because of their brotherhood, and SH blew it.  He can hate that they are together but to actively force Sj with an ultimatum (according to the preview for ep58), that just shows how selfish he is.  When you love someone you need to let them be happy.  SJ was willing to give up what I am pretty sure is his actual first love (he dated in the past, but obviously not seriously)  because he thought that was what SoYou truly wanted and what was best for her and Sehyun.  He now thinks SoYou wants him and he gave a genuine chance to Sehyun, Sejun has every right to pursue his feelings and see what happens. 

That just goes to show that SJ really thinks about what SoYou wants and how she feels and respects it even if it goes against his personal desires.  Thats why it makes sense their relationship is as deep as it is, there is respect and understanding between SY and SJ because they are always upfront with their feelings. 

Ms. Hong is on another level! I feel for SH is this regard, but with SY I don’t. He had his chance.

SJ telling SY to “use” him & not caring why. Gosh, SY hurry and realize that you do have feelings for him. He essentially gave her an out. Even if the truth comes forward it won’t even matter because SJ already “expected” it. 

SK- I’m really rooting for her. Golf teacher might be suspect, but I say just go for it. I sincerely hope she finds her happily ever after at the end of this. No to redeeming her father. SJ is the only family I want her to care about. Everyone else could poof! Be gone!

24 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Episode 61 preview is out and yeah super intense stuff 

They just took it down lol

I just really hope they can have a few episodes of sweet dating other than dealing with the selfish and crazy relatives around:joy:

Welps it looks like people are going to get a taste of what it is like to richard simmons SoYou off.  I really wanted to see SJ and SY be able to have some time getting to know their feelings but that doesn't look like it is going to happen .  But considering we are at the half way mark, I guess it is good that the surrogacy secret comes out now, so that it won't be a hidden secret in the future when SY and SJ get together.  

While I do think it is not the smartest thing to release previews a couple episodes early because it already tells you if something has happened or hasn't by that time.  I do wish I saw episode 61's preview cause I am so curious about the next couple episodes now that we know things are going down in episode 59. 

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Episode 61 preview is out and yeah super intense stuff 

They just took it down lol

I was like Yes Yes. I'm glad that tomorrow is Thursday and it is not Saturday because we will have to wait for two days for that.

12 minutes ago, hapacalgirl said:

Welps it looks like people are going to get a taste of what it is like to richard simmons SoYou off.  I really wanted to see SJ and SY be able to have some time getting to know their feelings but that doesn't look like it is going to happen .  But considering we are at the half way mark, I guess it is good that the surrogacy secret comes out now, so that it won't be a hidden secret in the future when SY and SJ get together.  

While I do think it is not the smartest thing to release previews a couple episodes early because it already tells you if something has happened or hasn't by that time.  I do wish I saw episode 61's preview cause I am so curious about the next couple episodes now that we know things are going down in episode 59. 

Oh no~~~~~ with the cat out of the bag, how can their parents to accept each other with such an awkward mess? Then SJ and SY will be busy with putting off the fired lit in their houses, and not only they have no time to date, but also they have bad feelings (especially SY) on the other's family......

Is that too much to ask for   some sweet episodes of the OTP?  :bawling:

6 minutes ago, Yi Gui said:

Oh no~~~~~ with the cat out of the bag, how can their parents to accept each other with such an awkward mess? Then SJ and SY will be busy with putting off the fired lit in their houses, and not only they have no time to date, but also they have bad feelings (especially SY) on the other's family......

Is that too much to ask for   some sweet episodes of the OTP?  :bawling:

Nothing really happened in today's episode other than what was already shown in the preview, but it looks like the cat is out of the bag tomorrow (ep 59) if the preview was any indication.  Today's episode the ex-wife and the adulteress know the truth about So Dam because the ex-wife got a copy of the birth certificate (which isn't really believable because it's not easy to get those kinds of paperwork from the US unless you are the person on the certificate).

Also totally OT but being from Southern California, I admit I'm highly amused that the US stuff took place in Irvine in this drama.  Irvine and LA do have a lot of asians, so it is believable but from what I know Irvine isn't really a nightclub kind of place .  Im just amused that the exwife caught bulldozer in Irvine of all places in this drama lol.  

But it looks like SoYou is about to go on a rampage in episode 59.  I was hoping for some cute moments for the OTP, but with the styling class also happening soon it will be interesting to see how all of this plays out.  

10 minutes ago, hapacalgirl said:

Nothing really happened in today's episode other than what was already shown in the preview, but it looks like the cat is out of the bag tomorrow (ep 59) if the preview was any indication.  Today's episode the ex-wife and the adulteress know the truth about So Dam because the ex-wife got a copy of the birth certificate (which isn't really believable because it's not easy to get those kinds of paperwork from the US unless you are the person on the certificate).

Also totally OT but being from Southern California, I admit I'm highly amused that the US stuff took place in Irvine in this drama.  Irvine and LA do have a lot of asians, so it is believable but from what I know Irvine isn't really a nightclub kind of place .  Im just amused that the exwife caught bulldozer in Irvine of all places in this drama lol.  

But it looks like SoYou is about to go on a rampage in episode 59.  I was hoping for some cute moments for the OTP, but with the styling class also happening soon it will be interesting to see how all of this plays out.  

I know what you mean......There are still some stereotypes about western living styles in Asians' mind, like "party all the time there...."

While I would expect SY is furious about the surrogacy given how protective she is for her family...... She consider herself as the breadwinner and guardian of the household with their father out of the picture long time ago. It would break her heart that her little sister made such sacrifice and she knew nothing for so long......Especially, how their ill mother can handle such info? All of this overwhelms her ......it is going to be gut-wrenching to see SJ and SY are in love but cannot see any way out to reconcile their families and support  their relationship......Oh well, now I am heart broken ~~~

I tell yall what I seen in episode 61 preview spoilersss!

Spoiler

So the mom is going to find out this week as well about the surrogate stuff,SJ was not happy at all and his sister was kneeling in front of him, SJ was kneeing in front of SY mother as well.Everything is quite the mess lol. SJ looking really sad in front of SY dont know what was said though

Archived