[Drama 2018-2019] Gangnam Scandal, 강남 스캔들

0ly40

On 1/16/2019 at 10:12 PM, howa said:

Ms. Hong getting angry and for what? what did she expect to happen once SY ends thing with SH, isn't that what she wanted?.

I totally agree. I mean, I assume a breakdown is what people go through when they break up (sometimes)... I thought that's what Ms. Hong wanted...? For SY to break up with SH and get with SJ so her son retains power, and SY won't bother her son again. So why not break his heart now once and for all so he's not hurt 20 more times down the line?

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JY not feeling that she did any wrong angered SJ more than the fact that she was aiming to hurt SY, threatening that he will tell his dad was funny. She reminded me of a video on funny notes that kids wrote where a child apologize to his classmate for throwing a scissor on him by accident because he was aiming to hit another classmate with it.

5uf090I.png 

Ms. Hong doing damage control running around it seems she is the one who is working for SY and not the other way around, bulldozer screaming and throwing a fit it seems as if she is going to turn to Godzilla, so Ms. Hong knows how to calm her down like a child who his mother knows how to make him stop before throwing a tantrum.

ccYsyiP.png

SJ trying to reconcile SH and SY is mission impossible since SH mother is the person who has all control if she paid as much attention to her son actual needs instead of what she thinks he needs his life wouldn't be a mess. SJ and the Eun sister mother seems more of as friends, but as usual, his dad comes in and ruins this friendship.

7aTDVCb.png

Episode 41 was a sad episode. I

It's sad to SJ being ignored by his brother, but at the same time knowing how SH lived his life by giving up things and living under SJ shadow because his mother told him so is understandable. Now for him to find it hard to come with terms that he has to give up SY is understandable, how can he see the woman who said she will marry him and now standing by SJ side again because of his mother but this time he has no clue, I understand his anger and his sadness. I really hope things work out between all of them and they get to be friends again.

Mi-Ri- is very nice for the Choi family, where can you find a genuine stepmother these days in Kdrama. My high light of episode 41 was the part where Mr. Choi barged in the office and said what was on my mind since day one I saw this group.

In the preview Ms. Hong demand towards SY is unreasonable, she told him clearly what she wants he told her SJ is great. They had a clean breakup so for him to suffer is normal what she wants more from SY?

Hi All,  Just started watching this drama and have already caught up on all the episodes.  There always has to be at least one greedy ambitious woman, and that is Ms. Hong.  I really feel so bad for SH, who is such a good, loving, and caring person.  I hate that Ms. Hong just happens to be his mother.  Her greed and ambition for her son is going to end up destroying him and her relationship.  Once he finds out what she has done, and he will find out eventually, he will not want to forgive her.  

I am also wondering about the reason SH was left to stay with his grandmother when he was 6 years old.  That is when he met SY for the first time.  

The synopsis for the drama says that SY pretends to fall in love with SJ and then actually does fall in love with him.  I am hoping the synopsis is wrong.  I want her to be with SH, who truly loves her, but I doubt that will happen since  Ms. Hong has done to many evil things to destroy her family and if they are together she would be her evil MIL.

42 minutes ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

Hi All,  Just started watching this drama and have already caught up on all the episodes.  There always has to be at least one greedy ambitious woman, and that is Ms. Hong.  I really feel so bad for SH, who is such a good, loving, and caring person.  I hate that Ms. Hong just happens to be his mother.  Her greed and ambition for her son is going to end up destroying him and her relationship.  Once he finds out what she has done, and he will find out eventually, he will not want to forgive her.  

I am also wondering about the reason SH was left to stay with his grandmother when he was 6 years old.  That is when he met SY for the first time.  

The synopsis for the drama says that SY pretends to fall in love with SJ and then actually does fall in love with him.  I am hoping the synopsis is wrong.  I want her to be with SH, who truly loves her, but I doubt that will happen since  Ms. Hong has done to many evil things to destroy her family and if they are together she would be her evil MIL.

Does not matter if he truly loves her if she does not truly love him, also he is too controlling from what I seen so far.

3 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Does not matter if he truly loves her if she does not truly love him, also he is too controlling from what I seen so far.

I'm going to agree. At first I felt the same that @Pam_Van Fossen did and thought, "Whoa. SH is a great person. What a mess, and SY should end up with SH..." Since episode 35ish when I saw his "real" characteristics: grabbing SY on the streets, following her, going to her house unannounced, I did a whole 360 and said NOPE. It's unfortunate, I agree, that SH has a mother like Ms. Hong who is extremely manipulative and overall a horrible person but it doesn't explain how SH turned out that way too. Even in episode 41, he calls JY back and tells her that SJ is working overtime in his office, knowing that she'll show up and ruin things for SJ and SY (which ultimately did happen). I liked him in the beginning, but I can't root for them anymore. I'm definitely shipping SY and SJ, they're adorable!

Godzilla taking advantage of her hight grabbing and tossing people around as she pleased. Is very annoying but today it was funny.

9g0r60D.gif

Ms. Hong if she really loved her son she wouldn't have made him into an errand boy so she could gain control and give him the company, it's hard to believe she loves him, trying to look supportive mother and then going behind his back and telling SY to break up with him even though she told her they never dated and in episode 41 SH acknowledged SY feeling towards SJ and he told her that SJ is a good guy. Ms. Hong should stay away from SH life if she really cares and willing to do anything for him.

DIq1f0X.png

What SH did was out of his character he stooped so low and he tried not to, but Ms. Hong DNA is running in his veins and he ended up doing something stupid. JY has a very dirty mind.

I’m enjoying this drama.  Hong Baek-Hee is an excellent villain with her quick calculated responses which save her every time.  I’m rooting for the OTP to get past the hurdles and get their relationship going (not Hong Se-Hyun).   Choi Seo-Joon is turning out to be a stand up kind of guy who Eun So-Yoo would be lucky to have and vice versa.

In the early episodes, it was pretty evident that Hong Se-Hyun was not able to provide an emotional support system for Eun So-Yoo.  Se-Hyun knowing that So-Yoo’s mother was sick yet not giving of himself led me to believe he has an emotional problem that is not allowing him to have a full relationship (maybe his mother messed him up).  He instead, concentrated on his job while So-Yoo was struggling and now he’s all woe is me about why he’s not “the guy”

Even if it’s a pretend situation with Seo-Joon, at least he is a responsive guy who takes action for our heroine.

Kyung Ji-Yoon is the perfect second lead love interest who makes you laugh without causing any concern.

Choi Seo-Hyung is crazy and her tantrums are fun!   I’m still trying to figure out how Eun So-Dam got pregnant either artificial means or a wild night that Mo Tae Woong can’t remember.  I’m thinking Seo-Hyung didn’t provide an egg and that the baby is Mo Tae Woong’s and So-Dam’s bio baby.  So-Dam’s emotional connection to the baby speaks of the latter.

I hope Choi Seo-Kyung gets rid of her evil user hubby and has a new relationship with the sweet golf pro.

4 hours ago, desertflower said:

Kyung Ji-Yoon is the perfect second lead love interest who makes you laugh without causing any concern.

She is a brat and not like the kind who schemes but maybe she will since it is only episode 43. Have you watched them all? if yes then proceed.

Regarding SD they already established that she is just a surrogate and the one-night stand never happened even the stupid husband had that on his mind but he brushed it off if I remember correctly since she was living in the USA and got pregnant there.

4 hours ago, desertflower said:

I’m thinking Seo-Hyung didn’t provide an egg and that the baby is Mo Tae Woong’s and So-Dam’s bio baby.  So-Dam’s emotional connection to the baby speaks of the latter. 

No, he is not if they got the DNA they will find out he is not the father and he almost made a whole fuss about it if Ms.Hong didn't come up with her crazy scheme.

A parasite called someone a leech is funny, for 17 years you were around him and he never saw you more than a friend and a little sister and now he still sees you like that and he never proposed, but for you to think Ms. Hong is trying to ruin SJ your right on the point.

kCM21wA.png

What kind of a father sets around hears what people are saying about his daughter and doesn't defend her strongly it seems he wanted to say something but he kept quiet.

6ScEcd3.gif

SH and SJ are now no more brothers they are rivals in love and company, but I hope SH doesn't do what he did in episode 42 when he called YJ.

So was that SJ sister voice acting like a teenage girl?. That was hilarious.

@howa  Thank you for setting me straight on the baby’s parentage.   Now I understand why So Dam is so sad to leave the baby.

I have watched all the episodes but admit that some of the finer point went unnoticed by me.  Probably fell asleep at those moments.

Let’s hope SJ doesn’t let himself be manipulated by SH because he is so keen to repair his relationship.  I hope he wakes up.  SJ and SY are uplifting to each other and much more compatible than SH and SY.

JY is not smart enough to plot, while others around her are, so if she pairs up.with the right villains she can cause turmoil and maybe bully or guilt SJ to become her fiancé but that’s about it.  That ship sunk when SJ solidly friend zoned her and was placating his father by taking her on a date.  It a little bit fun to see SJ shut her down when she pulls her antics.  She’s a pip squeak.  She will drive SJ and SY closer together.

I’m struggling to find good dramas so I admit that I look forward to this one every weekday along with It’s My Life.  I think I’ve gotten pickier.  Interesting plots matter.

I'd have to say I thoroughly laughed when JY tossed the chicken nuggets above their heads and SY just "insulted" her so she stormed out and screamed!

I enjoyed the ice skating scene and found it a little odd when I heard Seo-kyung acting as a teenage voice- that was a little awkward but I didn't mind.

SH is pure to a certain point where he suspects his mom but as soon as his mom sheds a little tear, he's all like "sorry, mom! didn't want to make you feel bad!" Bizarre... I think he knows that his mom is a schemer, I'm pretty sure he figured out as soon as SJ and SY were both confused about the meeting time. But gosh, he's so petty! He could've comforted SJ in his room but instead said some pretty hurtful stuff which was totally unnecessary! Oof, I'm officially mad at him and definitely want him to give up SY- right now!

YJ, as usual, acting up, she wants SJ to love her so she puts words in his mouth. SH asking his mother for help is like asking the devil for help. The husbands YT trying to outsmart TW and fails was nice to watch, even though TW knows nothing and YT wasted his time and money and for what for nothing. Ms. Do who is she? she is not just a maid there is a story behind her. The second daughter is the only one who needs to run so far and away very fast. It's her aunts revenge not her if she doesn't want to. Bulldozer needs to focus on her life and her family and let her dad live, she tosses people around like a crazy person

OMG...just saw the RAW...

Ugh, can Monday come fast enough!!! Can't wait for the subs to be out to find out what was said. But the ending....wow....

I wonder if SY hugged SJ back because it was her last ditch effort to have SJ not marry JY as Ms. Hong wants so that her mom can continue her treatments, or if SY truly have begun developing deeper feelings for SJ now and really don't want him to marry JY. She knows that SJ is marring JY because of her. SJ has made it known how much SH means to him and he's not going to cross the line (at least for the time being). It will be up to SY to make him cross the line. SY has also really enjoyed herself in SJ's presence (whether it's at work or outside). She truly enjoys his company. There's no angst, stress or worries when she's with him. She's free to be herself, she's relax and has fun with him. She is also starting to depend on him in any situation (even with dealing with personal problems from home). He knows her for who she is, and accepts her that way. Their chemistry spark has been lit, and has begun to become an outright flaming fire.

20 minutes ago, whome said:

OMG...just saw the RAW...

Hide contents

Ugh, can Monday come fast enough!!! Can't wait for the subs to be out to find out what was said. But the ending....wow....

I wonder if SY hugged SJ back because it was her last ditch effort to have SJ not marry JY as Ms. Hong wants so that her mom can continue her treatments, or if SY truly have begun developing deeper feelings for SJ now and really don't want him to marry JY. She knows that SJ is marring JY because of her. SJ has made it known how much SH means to him and he's not going to cross the line (at least for the time being). It will be up to SY to make him cross the line. SY has also really enjoyed herself in SJ's presence (whether it's at work or outside). She truly enjoys his company. There's no angst, stress or worries when she's with him. She's free to be herself, she's relax and has fun with him. She is also starting to depend on him in any situation (even with dealing with personal problems from home). He knows her for who she is, and accepts her that way. Their chemistry spark has been lit, and has begun to become an outright flaming fire.

I think she is confused but she is starting to really like him

Just saw the subbed after seeing the RAW earlier and  it will be interesting to see how the next few episodes pan out

Spoiler

I think she likes SJ but hasn't been fully aware of it yet until he came to her house drunk and told her about the engagement.  But I also think her emotions are all over the place so its going to be awhile before she figures it out for herself.  But that hugged definitely sparked something in her.  She already told Hong that she would pay her back, so I don't see her reacting as strongly as she did to him hugging her simply because she is stressed out about what Hong said to her.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out based on the preview.  The drama still has a few months and the engagement is in a couple days.  It will be interesting to see how they break the engagement because I don't see them getting Ji Yoon and SJ married and then divorcing them so something will happen in the next week or two to end that engagement.  

The interesting development was that Sekyung's Aunt works with Ji Yoon's Dad based on their phone call. It will be interesting to see how she uses JiYoon's father agains LK group but I think it has to do with the fact that Jiyoon's father has been buying a lot of LK Group Stock.   If he works in finance of any kind, he is probably buying those for the aunt which is another reason why I simply don't see the marriage happening between JiYoon and SJ. 

Archived