[Drama 2018-2019] Gangnam Scandal, 강남 스캔들

0ly40

3 hours ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

I think she was just uncomfortable eating because of SH.

No, I don't think that is the reason, whenever there is a scene where she has to eat she never does, she either takes a very small bite a very tiny one like when she was eating chicken and she keeps chewing on it or pretend to do so, or she nibbles on it as she did with the bread, but she never ever eats probably at all, I think it is either the actress feels uncomfortable eating in front people or camera or she is counting her calories.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, whome said:

Hide contents

Please let her team up with SJ...please!!!!!

Since the guy who set up the game is one of Ms. Hong's team members, there is a 99.99% chance that she is teaming up with SJ.  There is no way Ms. Hong's people would allow her to team up with SH since the whole point of this charade for Ms Hong is to get SY far away from SH and break up SJ's engagement/future wedding with JiYoon.  Since the preview for 56 showed them getting closer but still not together, I pretty much wasn't surprised very little happened today other than SoYou having to select between the two ski suits.  

I am  frustrated with the writer because even if SJ and SY aren't together yet, i would think by episode 55 we would have her showing some kind of feeling towards SJ especially if them getting together in the end is to be believable.  I get that part of the reason she won't let herself feel anything for SJ is because of the secret she has, but I really hope she tells SJ soon because the show is getting repetitive in its plot points and is dragging seriously.  SJ is hopelessly in love SoYou and has been since the first couple episodes, by now SY should have some kind of feeling towards him but the show keeps showing her neutral to SJ and still very affected by SH. 

The SH character is super frustrating also, he has had so many hints already that something is very wrong between his mother and SoYou and yet he still can't put two and two together , like seriously? If he loves SY as much as he says he does, he should know her well enough to know something is up especially since she is always tense around Ms. Hong and always shaken after he catches him with her.  SJ knows somethings is up and the only reason why he hasn't tied it to Ms. Hong is because he hasn't seen them interact as much as SH has. 

It was very nice seeing her smile today for the first time, it was a very happy moment until her aunt ruined it for her. By the way, when a young woman shows interest in an older guy, he never thinks of himself as an uncle but more of an "Ajosshi " but when a young guy shows interest in an older woman she acts as if she thinks of herself as more of an aunt like SK did today and not an "Ajumma".

816LcgN.png

So he never spends time with his daughter or his wife but he goes to work to play and chat with his assistant, what a weird guy, he is incompetent on all levels.

xlWeaBK.png

13 hours ago, hapacalgirl said:

Since the guy who set up the game is one of Ms. Hong's team members, there is a 99.99% chance that she is teaming up with SJ.  There is no way Ms. Hong's people would allow her to team up with SH since the whole point of this charade for Ms Hong is to get SY far away from SH and break up SJ's engagement/future wedding with JiYoon.  Since the preview for 56 showed them getting closer but still not together, I pretty much wasn't surprised very little happened today other than SoYou having to select between the two ski suits.  

I am  frustrated with the writer because even if SJ and SY aren't together yet, i would think by episode 55 we would have her showing some kind of feeling towards SJ especially if them getting together in the end is to be believable.  I get that part of the reason she won't let herself feel anything for SJ is because of the secret she has, but I really hope she tells SJ soon because the show is getting repetitive in its plot points and is dragging seriously.  SJ is hopelessly in love SoYou and has been since the first couple episodes, by now SY should have some kind of feeling towards him but the show keeps showing her neutral to SJ and still very affected by SH. 

The SH character is super frustrating also, he has had so many hints already that something is very wrong between his mother and SoYou and yet he still can't put two and two together , like seriously? If he loves SY as much as he says he does, he should know her well enough to know something is up especially since she is always tense around Ms. Hong and always shaken after he catches him with her.  SJ knows somethings is up and the only reason why he hasn't tied it to Ms. Hong is because he hasn't seen them interact as much as SH has. 

I agree. The chance of the C being SJ is highly likely since the entire trip's purpose is for SY and SJ to get closer. There's no way that Ms. Hong would allow her team to do anything otherwise.

Honestly, I think SH's character is flawed. He's had so many hints to leave SY alone but he's still bothering and lingering around her any chance he gets, which gets me ticked off. She's already told him many times that she's not interested and he's still pursuing her. If he really liked her, he'd sense that something's wrong and to leave her alone. 

It's been like 55 episodes of going back and forth and I'm getting tired. I don't think I'll stop watching but it feels repetitive when I always see SY saying sorry to SJ and rejecting SH without any concrete action. On one part, I get it since there's like 50+ episodes to ride along with but I feel like the writer needs to put SY and SJ together by the next week. There's still an entire story arc of SY being married to SJ (as the plot mentions) and her "suffering"/SJ "protecting" her from his family (who are all really messed up except for maybe SK).

I personally can't wait to see them get married and MJY get with SH or something. And what about the whole illness thing from the plot? I won't take a rushed ending when this drama is a whole 100+ episodes... I'd be super disappointed then.

8 minutes ago, dramaninja said:
  Hide contents

They kiss at the end of the episode it was a pretty good one too for these type of dramas. :heart:

OH YES!!!! About time ... it also doesn't seem that SY was forcing herself to kiss SJ. Seems it was willing on her part as well. FINALLY, the OTP loveline is starting. SH discovered them kissing. Wonder how the brat is going to react. Probably a whole lot of screaming, throwing stuff and more screaming. She's probably going to want to physically hurt SY. I hope SJ puts brat in her place with a smack down (but that's just wishful thinking). Can't wait for the next episode!

Spoiler

I'm glad SJ made a move, because we really needed some forward momentum on the OTP at this point in the drama.  Also I am glad that she returned the kiss, because even if she is using SJ, she does have some genuine feelings toward him, just not as strong as SJ's are for her yet.  I really hope that the kiss happened as organically as it appeared because it didn't look like she knew SH was there and it just worked in her favor that he happened to walk in on it.  But now that SJ has made an actual move on her and believes she feels the same to some extent, it will be interesting to see how he handles his family and Jiyoon now that he feels his feelings are reciprocated instead of just one sided. 

YS is getting to know Ms. Hong minions one by one, this is a good thing so she could act more cautious,  I was glad that YJ didn't get to speak much 17 min to the episode I spoke fast, then she comes along and ruins everyone else mood, but again she had a very brief appearance and not a lot of lines, even SH didn't get to talk much or at all. It was sad seeing him tear up it was like an "ah" moment, but turning into a creepy jealous stalker is not the solution. He wants to leave his mother and that is a great thing and a good step.

3c7qNrs.png

So she will give her water to drink but she wouldn't feed her?. She placed the cup closer to Ms. Hong side, she was very prepared for the scene from the water to closing her eyes.

b8jzywZ.gif

SK breaks my heart every time and today it was the saddest day of her life, it is that wicked itch fault Ms. Hong and her selfish aunt. She was so happy only to be crashed down by that loser of a dad. She should do what he told her and just leave the house of lies and darkness and deception or at least her aunt has to tell her the whole truth or let her go.

w35vyyb.gif

Ms. Hong planned everything now that her son became the collateral damage for her evil schemes she blames SY as always.

The ex-wife planning and eyeing the LX group money is stupid because her ex is nothing at all, she is a home wrecker who wrecked her own home, but it is good for SK to get rid of her husband and her step-daughter, but for her to move so fast to find bulldozer weakness is amazing. Ms. Hong now has a new enemy but the secret is not hers so even if it was exposed it will not harm her as much as the bulldozer, unless if it was illegal in Korea to become a surrogate broker.

MI-RI fight with the bad dresser could have been funnier if she actually passed out and was sent to a hospital, the bulldozer will fear her image and her dad anger, things would have worked perfectly for her.

8 hours ago, fanofr said:

Why does the illegitimate daughter allow her husband and his child to treat her that way?  They are staying in that house because of her connections!  

Because of her dad who turned her into a servant/doormat, the step-daughter keeps coming back because her mother pushes her to do so, and she acted all sweet in front of the awful SK dad, so basically SK has no saying in the house even over the maid. She is afraid of her father if she caused a problem so she should just lay low and live invisible.

I  don't know why she married a divorcee with a child, who seems incompetent and does nothing at all. I think her aunt or her father forced her into this marriage, she is not happy but she is looking to please her father over her own happiness, she knows how he hates her but she doesn't know how her mother died if she did she wouldn't be so eager to his affection.

SK should just leave and run away from home it is the best thing for her to be happy.

Archived