[Current Mainland WebDrama 2019] The Legend of Hao Lan / Beauty Hao Lan 皓镧传

-jade-

28 minutes ago, kyoko22 said:

@ForgottenSoulx

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/11/the-legend-of-hao-lan-2018.html

From the article in the link above, there is no poster of Lao Ai character at all, so I don't think Lao Ai character is a big impact character in this drama. Therefore, I don't think the writer will portray that part of history. But then again, that is just my interpretation. Coz to me, for Haolan to have an illicit relationship which results to 2 sons is quite a big scene. Yet, there is no poster of this Lao Ai character. It is quite ridiculous right?

on wiki i saw the character Zhu Jian as Lao Ai who knows what they do with him but hes in this show.

Maybe the two kids later on belong to Lu bu Wei, but it was disguised as Lao Ai instead. 

I read somewhere that later on qin huang di wanted to kill Lu bu wei because he believes the latter is the cause of his fathers death and is becoming too powerful, but Haolan begs her son to let him off. And im assuming the only reason qin huang di is okay with that because haolan told him that lu bu wei is his actual father. This is just my spectulation lol 

@ChloeR

Spoiler

Yes, i read from Chinese Wiki  (with the help of Googlw translate of course), Ying Zheng scared of LuBuwei increasing power. So he wanted to kill LuBuwei but Haolan begged him. So, LuBuwei exiled together with Haolan to the first place they met.

1 hour ago, ChloeR said:

Maybe the two kids later on belong to Lu bu Wei, but it was disguised as Lao Ai instead. 

I read somewhere that later on qin huang di wanted to kill Lu bu wei because he believes the latter is the cause of his fathers death and is becoming too powerful, but Haolan begs her son to let him off. And im assuming the only reason qin huang di is okay with that because haolan told him that lu bu wei is his actual father. This is just my spectulation lol 

I am wondering about the two children too but eventually Qin Shi Huang killed his mom's two sons. 

If not mistaken, it wasn't Lu Bu Wei who led the rebellion against Qin Shi Huang... It was Lao Ai since he thought he is too powerful and has fathered the two children and could replace Yingzheng as the Emperor. 

Anyway, I am puzzled if the delay has anything to do with the reception of the CP of Yanxi (NY and WJY). The fact that the pair is rather beloved after Yanxi made them make some adjustment, hence the increase in number of episodes and delay in broadcast. 

6 hours ago, kyoko22 said:

@ChloeR

Hide contents

Yes, i read from Chinese Wiki  (with the help of Googlw translate of course), Ying Zheng scared of LuBuwei increasing power. So he wanted to kill LuBuwei but Haolan begged him. So, LuBuwei exiled together with Haolan to the first place they met.

based on history that does not happen i guess, even for a drama a empress dowager being exiled like that is weird. 

6 hours ago, lyserose said:

I am wondering about the two children too but eventually Qin Shi Huang killed his mom's two sons. 

If not mistaken, it wasn't Lu Bu Wei who led the rebellion against Qin Shi Huang... It was Lao Ai since he thought he is too powerful and has fathered the two children and could replace Yingzheng as the Emperor. 

Anyway, I am puzzled if the delay has anything to do with the reception of the CP of Yanxi (NY and WJY). The fact that the pair is rather beloved after Yanxi made them make some adjustment, hence the increase in number of episodes and delay in broadcast. 

No it was Bu Wei who led the rebellion im pretty sure , Bu Wei and Lao Ai were pretty close so probs planned it together. 

• Like 1

Okay guys, good news :D...Viki has obtained license for Haolan. Subbing may be not too fast but we surely wouldn't need to wait till lightyears to get it subbed just like Yanxi. 

@believed I posted the same news only then i read that you have shares it earlier. Over the moon here :D At least I don't have to rely too much on my rusty mandarin. Lol

• Like 1

Youtube got some cuts. No subs. I link them just to showcase some familiar faces.

I think they are sisters with different mothers. Haolan was begging her for the location of her own mother's grave while the sister disliked her for being well-liked by their father, grandma and teacher....over her since young.

Think probably their 1st meeting. She was thanking him for saving her. I won't translate the rest. But do take note of the male servant appearing on the left....the same actor as the eunuch Xiao Quan Zi in Yanxi...who served Yingluo. Think here, he was the servant of Lu Buwei.

The prince who rebelled in Yanxi. What i understand is he and Haolan were lovers at the start of the drama. At the start he was showing concern to Haolan....then when the other sister appeared, he changed face and accused Haolan of saying bad things about her sister, trying to create misunderstanding btw them. Haolan then accused him of betraying her feelings and now marrying her sister instead.

Again this actor is a villain...haha.

A cut from Ep 16 (just sharing what is avail in Youtube now)....but it's the same cuteness when these 2 bicker...haha....while being imprisoned.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Youtube got some cuts. No subs. I link them just to showcase some familiar faces.

I think they are sisters with different mothers. Haolan was begging her for the location of her own mother's grave while the sister disliked her for being well-liked by their father, grandma and teacher....over her since young.

Think probably their 1st meeting. She was thanking him for saving her. I won't translate the rest. But do take note of the male servant appearing on the left....the same actor as the eunuch Xiao Quan Zi in Yanxi...who served Yingluo. Think here, he was the servant of Lu Buwei.

Maybe that servant will be Lao AI later on?? 

The backdrops and costumes are beautiful in addition to the female cast members in The Legend of Hao Lan.

What I do not understand is reusing much of the same cast in The Story of YanXi Palace. To me, I will be reminded of (YanXi) and its glorious shadows/influences that might obscure (Hao Lan).

9 hours ago, ebullient said:

The backdrops and costumes are beautiful in addition to the female cast members in The Legend of Hao Lan.

What I do not understand is reusing much of the same cast in The Story of YanXi Palace. To me, I will be reminded of (YanXi) and its glorious shadows/influences that might obscure (Hao Lan).

I personally like that they used the Yanxi cast i loved that cast alot so im not upset at all. 

51 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i never really watch YanXi so i guess it is fresh for me? also im not planning to watch this either lols maybe just snip and shot of it :D 

Yanxi is really amazing you missing out ;p 

9 hours ago, ebullient said:

As for me, honestly, I'm eager to watch Legend of Hao Lan just because I can't get enough of Nie Yuan and Wu Jinyan. So i don't mind the Yanxi feeling continue in this drama since I'm so crave for their loveline.  

• Like 2

I just finished episode 1 and I like how the story just drops the audience in the middle of some family conflict. One thing I'm not used to is seeing the same cast as different characters. I keep expecting Wu Jing Yan to lay down the law much like Wei Ying Luo did in Yanxi but alas, there is none of that here... :bawling: I do look forward to the continuous chemistry between Wu Jing Yan and Nie Yuan. 

• Like 1

Skimmed through the entire 14 episodes. Loving Haolan and Lu Bu Wei. The directors somewhat kept the same gestures of Qianlong n Wei Ying luo in this new drama. Lu Bu Wei likes pinching Haolans cheeks and Haolan likes to kick/hit Lu Bu Wei whenever shes mad lool and haolan constantly pest Lu Bu Wei about liking her but not admitting to it. Theyre cute. Besides this couple, The drama couldnt keep my attention as much as yanxi did. Like it doesnt have that addicting factor. Everything is  longwinded and not fastpaced. 

• Like 2