[Drama 2019] Live or Die aka What’s the Problem, Poong Sang?, 왜그래 풍상씨

0ly40

Time leap? Sure, here goes ...

PS has finally died.

BS inherited the laundry business from her father, who moved to a retirement community.   She defaulted on the building because of the loan. However, she turned out to be the new owner's first love. So, the courtship begins.

JS and hubby are parents now. His mother has retired to babysit her twin grandsons.

HS is still searching for HM because she doesn't know he died from cirrhosis of the liver.

JS has gotten his wish.  He leads an indolent life, getting three meals a day and warm lodging.  Minor issue is that he is in jail for life because he finally killed that guy.

CB has seen the light and is attracted to one of the girls at the neighboring hair salon because she bought him a larger- sized pants.

The End.:w00t:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Jung-Sang is the one willing to donate. :( but her liver is too small. This is the worst scenario ever. His mom is too selfish. She is just all talk and no deeds. This is really so bad. I can't figure out any solution. His brother has fatty liver, the other one is stabbed. His other sis is too selfish as well (I can't think of any other one to donate except her by having a change of heart, which is so far-fetched)

Omo. I see comments that the drama has verged on being cray.

Can I expect The Last Empress level of cray? Which was entertaining and mindboggling at the same time. Or Liver or Die continues to be frustrating? Huhu

I see Waesang injured. I hope he somehow survives. I hated mum from the getgo. She needs to go away. She is not a redeemable character. 

6 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Omo. I see comments that the drama has verged on being cray.

Can I expect The Last Empress level of cray? Which was entertaining and mindboggling at the same time. Or Liver or Die continues to be frustrating? Huhu

I see Waesang injured. I hope he somehow survives. I hated mum from the getgo. She needs to go away. She is not a redeemable character. 

She wanted money, when she got it, she escaped

Yes run b....ch, run! The gall of her, Poong  Sang has his faults but for her to ever doubt he would sacrifice himself for any of them is the main reason why I couldn't stand the selfish cow, even though there's some pity. Wife beater finally did something useful introducing her to the bar owner. Now let the guilt eat her up. Mind knowing HWS she'll probably find a way to blame Point Sang mid-apology. I know many of us thought Poong Sang should have outed mum ages ago but you know what now that it's all coming out I'm begin to think it is probably better this way as they would always have doubted Poong Sang, let her actions and other people do the talking.

JS sitting on the cusp of being human, he's still a selfish git at the moment, like if he was serious bout helping his brother he wouldn't keep doing what he doing. Add to that the way he's still soft on the mum when Jung Sang and him caught up to her, like he should've told her "you and I are going to find your tiefing man until then I ain't letting you out my sight", then go recover that money. He still has a long way to go to even be likeable. 

A little annoyed with Jung Sang she went against her brothers wishes without even considering the that fact that Joong Yi her own niece could be made an orphan if it went wrong. It didn't even cross her mind. I understand she's desperate but ffs show some concern at least. Come to think of it did she even show any for Bong Shil? As a doctor she of all people should understand the risks. 

Ah man I really hope they can get that money back. The grandpa can be annoying but he doesn't deserve that betrayal. Seeing him counsel BS and offer his liver, I felt so bad for him. BS so short sighted, she's put into jeopardy the only surety she and her daughter had.

Surprised delusional rapist pregnant hasn't rocked up yet. I really hope the truth comes out in regards to her. I think WS was an easy mark cause he doesn't remember, but truth is it's not WS's baby, squirrel face gangster dude sent her to him  or the real baby dad won't even spit on her so she came to him.<_< 

Agree, @tas82

Hwa-Sang's repentance and crocodile's tears didn't mean much. Yes, Poong-Sang did rescue her after their mother sold her off to be a sex slave - and now that she knows that she finally forgives him.

But she should also have been grateful for the decades he let her mooch off her, too. Yes, he did some hurtful things to her when they were young. It is painful to be compared to a twin sister. But that didn't mean she had to live as a selfish brat, and she could have just appreciated him for the sacrifices he made that she already did know about, which were plenty. She shouldn't have needed proof that he risked his life for her sake.

Ugh, I don't know what they are doing with Heung-Man. If a man beats you, that man is NO GOOD.

2 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Ugh, I don't know what they are doing with Heung-Man. If a man beats you, that man is NO GOOD.

Agreed. I'm reserving judgement until next week to see what the writer does with HS and HM. I think it is the writer’s intention to show an abusive relationship and the reasons for it. One of the things that has made the drama so frustrating is that it has pretty accurately portrayed how hard it can be for people to stop their destructive patterns. HS keeps going back to HM because she has incredibly low self esteem and convinces herself that she can stop him from drinking, and they'll be fine.  I don’t know if the writer can convince me that HS can stop that pattern with only two hours left, but I hope so. 

I am glad that his other sis learned the truth about Pongsang saving her from being sold. Now she is ready to donate, I guess, because she knew that he never differentiated in his love between her and her twin sis, but it was a misunderstanding. I think he loves all his siblings equally, but because of their different natures, he treats each one according to that. But then he is their brother not their parent, he is not very experienced. I feel so sad and sorry for him.

Maybe it is the Korean culture not to leave home until one is married? HS and JS blame PS for everything bad in their lives, but JS is 40 odd which means more than 20 years since he should leave home, HS is 30 odd which means more than 15 years since she should leave home. WS is the youngest, but still well over 18 or 21. The cheek of them dishing out their anger and long buried resentment on the hapless PS, without even thinking why am I still here.

Their 'traumas' surfaced only after PS got sick and needed their help. HS, JS are now running to PS in a fit of remorse. Will they offer their liver?

On 3/10/2019 at 2:24 AM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Jinsang is so funny, I think he loves his brother, and I am sure he is ready to donate, but then food addiction is a serious problem, but it is possible to stop eating bad food for some time. I guess that Jinsang is one of the few characters who offer some comic relief in the drama.

I have seen Oh in a few dramas playing this kind of character. Not sure if I like it. He was good playing a warrior in love with a slave. 

The grudges held by the 3 of them or especially JS and HS against PS are really making them mean spirited. Holding it for decades shows spite and an uncaring  heart. Somehow I don't think PS is going to get their liver.

13 hours ago, maribella said:

I have seen Oh in a few dramas playing this kind of character. Not sure if I like it. He was good playing a warrior in love with a slave. 

The grudges held by the 3 of them or especially JS and HS against PS are really making them mean spirited. Holding it for decades shows spite and an uncaring  heart. Somehow I don't think PS is going to get their liver.

I wonder if they really deserved the love of PS :( I mean the only good one is his sister who is a doctor. His wife is a far better person. She was the one who deserved the love and care, but then PS was a caring fatherly brother to his siblings. I understand his sacrifice and its reason, but I just don't understand why his siblings are so mean. Maybe they inherited their mother's mean nature

Every single one of them are better off now that they know the truth about their mother.

Jin-Sang saw his mother run out on her son after promising to give her liver, leaving him to die.

Wae-Sang finally knows that his mother stole his rehab money.

Hwa-Sang finally knows that she sold her off to be a slave.

If they had realized before that she is a toxic monster, they wouldn't have allowed her to continue to take advantage of them.

Poong-Sang should have told them.

His worst problem is that he thinks he knows best and decides for his siblings. He even decided for his wife (for Jeong-Sang to lie to her about not being a liver match). He should stop acting like this.

On 3/9/2019 at 10:24 AM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Jinsang is so funny, I think he loves his brother somehow, maybe not enough but still he saved him from drowning. I guess that Jinsang is one of the few characters who offer some comic relief in the drama.

I'm a foodie too, Jin Sang. When Jeong Sang was yelling at him, frustrated, and her husband tells her he didn't know she could be so mean... :joy:

I agree. I do believe that Jin Sang has came through to really forgive and love Poong Sang, but changing a 40-year lifestyle is not happening overnight. He realizes that and that's why he made efforts to confine himself. But he almost needs 24hr supervision... and discipline.

On 3/10/2019 at 8:06 PM, maribella said:

I have seen Oh in a few dramas playing this kind of character. Not sure if I like it.

I'm not sure I like his acting here as much, but I definitely respect him for taking on character Jin Sang. Oh Ji Ho himself is such a happy klutz that I feel like he breathes some of that into Jin Sang, so it is enjoyable to watch, despite the horrible character. He shines in those sentimental moments with Poong Sang.

What did Wi Sang put in the locker? I was hoping to get a clue in the preview... (Praying that all behind-the-scenes glimpses of final filming days do not point to his appearances in flashbacks or dreams. As much as I wanted Wi Sang to save Poong Sang, it'll just be too sad to have it by means of harvesting his organ. ㅠㅠ )

What is Hwa Sang doing???

10 hours ago, songielove said:

What is Hwa Sang doing???

oh my God again she misunderstand her doctor sister. this Hwasang is so bad. Her twin sister is a very good person, she doesn't want Osang to die. :( I think Hwasang always misjudges people, she misunderstands her siblings very much. I am so sad. It is getting more and more complicated. No clue what will happen now.

Archived