Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

On 5/25/2019 at 3:05 AM, hank marvin said:

Because of Haechi , I finaly watched Jang Ok Jung. Dong Yi I watched several times , it is an all-time Favorite

They are not written as a trilogy, but together they make very clear what really happened .

King Yeongjo in Haechi talks a lot about his mother  ,  who is Dong Yi /   Choi Sook-Bin.  And her  low background in his roots, which he is not ashamed of.

In the Dong yi-drama , she is praised as a friendly lovely person to all people , high or low ranks. King Sukjong , King Yeongjo 's father,  loves her a lot. Also in articles on the net this is explained.

In the Jang Ok Jung-drama , she is a calculating, shrewd and cold concubinne.

How acurate are any of these drama's ?

@hank marvin I watched Dong Yi too but not Jang Ok Jung's drama. But from what I've read online, King Sukjong fell in love with the lowly water maid and made her his royal consort. And among all his consorts,  he had the most number of children with her. And Yeoning was his favorite son. 

• Like 2

On 5/26/2019 at 2:07 PM, akhenaten said:

@hank marvin I watched Dong Yi too but not Jang Ok Jung's drama. But from what I've read online, King Sukjong fell in love with the lowly water maid and made her his royal consort. And among all his consorts,  he had the most number of children with her. And Yeoning was his favorite son. 

Indeed, the love of the King for Dong Yi seems to be a historical fact.

Jang Ok Jung is a very good drama , also for the contrast that really fills up some gaps in the Dong Yi drama.

But some comments showed that people never watched Dong Yi ;a  negative idea about her as result.