Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

I was so worried and then so relieved that Yeo Ji did not die despite the `misleading' trailer showing her throwing herself in front of King Jeongjo when Prince Mil Poong was running toward the king with a sword. The writer, director, cast and crew did an excellent job in making this most enjoyable drama for me. 

I like it that the characters are layered. I am especially touched by the final scene between Min Jin Heon and the King. Min was at peace and he finally acknowledged the sincerity and competency of the King. It was the highest praise when he told that King that if it was the King, he believed that the King will succeed. King Jeongjo too was motivated and reminded himself that he must try not to be exhausted and disappointed in the long path of reforms to bring down abuse of power and dirty politics, and to bring peace and prosperity for his kingdom. He knew that he was blessed with like-minded friends to support him.

The kiss was beautifully done. Yeo Ji did respond slightly (which I think is appropriate since it must be her first time) and her hands did twist her waist belt. I did not expect a kiss so it was a bonus. What I love most was her confession of her love for Yi Geum the man and her firm belief that whatever decisions he make, right or wrong, he will always take careful consideration and reflect on them.

Holding hands amidst the cherry blossoms was just lovely! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Wonderful acting, directing and screenplay. Merits go to Jung Il Woo for proving once again that he is an excellent actor. My fave also is the Dalmoon-Bok Dan arc . Overall I give this drama 8/10 . 

D5lRdmNX4AAT34n.jpg

And what makes this drama extra special is I was able to witness the beauty of their filming location. Primarily their location is filmed in Dae Jang Geum Park (formerly MBC Drama Mia ) in Yongin. It's a wonderful place to explore because most of the scenes in Haechi are filmed there.

The kiss scene:

Spoiler

D5lSop4X4AAjmm2.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ross27 said:

What I love most was her confession of her love for Yi Geum the man and her firm belief that whatever decisions he make, right or wrong, he will always take careful consideration and reflect on them.

I love her confession too. And i felt so touched that she was crying. It was as though she loves YG so much that her own heart hurts bcos she could feel his pain, his fear & his uncertainty.

I love the look on YG's face after her confession ... to hear those reassuring words from a "wooden" person like YJ, and to hear her reasons and affirmation of her love for him, to see her crying for him... the whole scenario was just so emotionally charged even without a kiss

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Like a certain royal guard who became queen recently :)   Real Life

Wow. From Thailand? Amazing real life story. :wub:

• Like 1

I already miss Haechi even it is not yet Monday. Hope it will be distributed on local televisions in different countries. Every race can relate to its story. 

• Like 3

@hulya.23_d801 thanks for sharing those gifs! The finale scene is beautiful, the words of hope and the visuals. Both Ara and Ilwoo's smiles are good for my heart. 

Spoiler
13 hours ago, hulya.23_d801 said:

kRBOE0.gif kRBjNv.gif

kRBc76.gif kRBX2x.gif

kRBhIp.gif

• Like 2

@hulya.23_d801  Those GIFs are beautiful!  I love the overall theme of those last scenes.  Cherry blossoms and Yeongjo and Yeo Ji's clothes echoing the color of the blossoms.  It seems to speak of hope and a new springtime, both for the kingdom of Joseon and for the two of them in particular.   Of course, I love the way they smiled at each other.  They just seemed so happy. :wub:

@ross27  @hahanzyy  I was actually quite surprised by Yeo Ji's confession.  I wasn't expecting it at all. But I loved the way she did it.  It was so in keeping with her character and personality:  straightforward, no embellishments.  She said how she felt and meant exactly what she said.  If you think about it, that confession was hard-won. As compared to Moon Su and even Yeongjo, Yeo Ji isn't the emotional type.  She doesn't look very comfortable expressing her feelings.  So for her to admit to him that she loves him is really an indication of just how much she trusts him.  So much so that she is willing to be emotionally vulnerable in front of him.  And I also loved how Yeongjo reacted to her confession.  He looked so humbled and grateful to her for loving him.   I just wish he hugged her a bit tighter.  He looked almost afraid to hold her that time.

• Love 4

@hahanzyy i feel you. I'm still checking out IG and Twitter for the regular updates. I wish the series were longer so there would have been time to tell all the stories that needed to be told. :(

There are bits and pieces of behind-the-scenes clips on IG but most of them have no subtitles and they're only parts. Here's one that I found:

• Like 3

It's been a week since this drama ended and I'm going through withdrawal. Decided to rewatch my favorite clips from different episodes to help me get over it. 

I'm planning to do a rewatch coz I'm discovering nuances to the storytelling that I failed to notice the first time as I was too busy taking everything in. :)

• Like 3

On 5/5/2019 at 5:28 PM, akhenaten said:

@hulya.23_d801  Those GIFs are beautiful!  I love the overall theme of those last scenes.  Cherry blossoms and Yeongjo and Yeo Ji's clothes echoing the color of the blossoms.  It seems to speak of hope and a new springtime, both for the kingdom of Joseon and for the two of them in particular.   Of course, I love the way they smiled at each other.  They just seemed so happy. :wub:

@ross27  @hahanzyy  I was actually quite surprised by Yeo Ji's confession.  I wasn't expecting it at all. But I loved the way she did it.  It was so in keeping with her character and personality:  straightforward, no embellishments.  She said how she felt and meant exactly what she said.  If you think about it, that confession was hard-won. As compared to Moon Su and even Yeongjo, Yeo Ji isn't the emotional type.  She doesn't look very comfortable expressing her feelings.  So for her to admit to him that she loves him is really an indication of just how much she trusts him.  So much so that she is willing to be emotionally vulnerable in front of him.  And I also loved how Yeongjo reacted to her confession.  He looked so humbled and grateful to her for loving him.   I just wish he hugged her a bit tighter.  He looked almost afraid to hold her that time.

It was a surprise but such a lovely surprise. Yeongjo was opening up to her about his fear and how scared he was that as King, he would be called upon to judge and make decisions to punish or even kill people. What if he made a wrong decision, how could he avoid that? He questioned his qualification to be King. It was a scary responsibility to decide on the life and death of a human being. Yeo Ji sensed his pain and was touched by his sincere openness to her about his fear and doubt. Hence, she reassured him that by his self-reflection on his decisions, he definitely qualified to be King and that she trusted and respected him and loved him. I also wish that the hug could be tighter..haha.  And the reassurance and admittance of love from a loved one worked very well indeed. Didn't we see a highly energetic, smiling King who had slept less than 2 hours all ready to do his day work the next morning? 

• Love 1

i saw an interview of JIW posted by a fan on instagram. He said the script was changed a lot bcos of Ara's injury. I'm not sure whether there is any translation error since i don't read korean. Made me very curious what the scriptwriter's original storyline was.

anyway our king is now on pilgrimage at Santiago Camino ... inspired by Korean Hostel in Spain? :D

• Like 3

@hahanzyy wouldn't be surprised if they had to do that.  You could see that there were changes because the continuity and flow of the Yeongjo - Yeo Ji arc suffered. I felt like they just arrived at the destination (i.e. already being in love)  without having gone through the journey (i.e. falling in love). I would have loved to see those moments between them. 

I'm pretty sure if Ara had been healthy,  Yeo Ji could've still been a court lady,  but she would definitely act more like a king's guard than a court lady,  perhaps to Yeongjo's frustration. And she would have probably joined him whenever he stepped out of the palace, especially when he visited the Hwalinseo,  to always protect him like she promised and  make sure he's alright. That would have been really nice!  But then,  maybe if she had been healthy, her character might have been killed off in the end because they would have already spent time together as lovers. I mean,  the songs were all pointing to that direction until Ara got injured. So  it was probably a good thing too because they kept her character alive until the end of the drama :)

• Like 3