Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

@akhenaten @mrsj3n @lightbringer

I expect the ship will sink but not sinking with lack of development. 

We already know that Haechi is not a romance historical, but either the classic historical like Jumong and Dae Jang Geum are not romance. However,  the love story although not the central point of the drama has solid build up along with the development of the main plot, which is the journey of the main character to succeed in their respective goals. 

Maybe the writer and pd struggled too because they needed to present this drama in a very short period of time? 

I'm also wondering why the OSTs are all about love? If Haechi is not romance why the theme of their songs are about tragic love story? 

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, yoo1 said:

@akhenaten @mrsj3n @lightbringer

I expect the ship will sink but not sinking with lack of development. 

We already know that Haechi is not a romance historical, but either the classic historical like Jumong and Dae Jang Geum are not romance. However,  the love story although not the central point of the drama has solid build up along with the development of the main plot, which is the journey of the main character to succeed in their respective goals. 

Maybe the writer and pd struggled too because they needed to present this drama in a very short period of time? 

I'm also wondering why the OSTs are all about love? If Haechi is not romance why the theme of their songs are about tragic love story? 

@yoo1 I've been wondering that about the songs too and I've been trying to analyze the lyrics in english. I was thinking maybe it's supposed to refer to Yeongjo's love for his friends,  family and all that. But no matter how I try to twist them, the songs do refer to romantic love. And the official MV of the second OST revolves around Yeoning and Yeo Ji. Hmmm. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, yoo1 said:

Because they showed us some love but then they decided not to concentrate on it? Lol

Nah.. just joking. 

I've actually never heard of songs about politics.  :lol:

But to be fair, Go Ara was injured while filming. Perhaps there's a last min change of script and thus couldn't show us more about the tragic love?

I'm loving it as it is even though I feel sad that our ship didn't sail far enough and it is sinking horribly in front of our eyes... taking along our hearts with it.

However with what YN has to deal with from the past episodes, I could hardly see how they are able to squeeze in more romance into the episode.

• Like 7

Thanks for sharing the preview @gerrytan8063.  Why doesn't SBS come out with subs for their previews and BTS? :mellow:

@lightbringer06 hahahha!  Yup. Their ship is stuck in port and might never even get to sail at this point. They should have just turned Yeo Ji's character into a man. :D

I just realized that "Haechi" only has two weeks left. That makes it 4 half-hour episodes. I think this will end with King Yeongjo's successful suppression of Yi In Jwa's rebellion,  which if I will go by history,  was probably key to the strengthening of his position and led his political adversaries to accept that he is indeed worthy to be king.  And this will be the incident that will make Park Moon Su the king's investigator. I wonder if the writer based the other characters like Dal Moon,  Yeo Ji,  Han Jeong Seok and Yoon Hyuk on actual people. 

• Like 6

Yi In Jwa Revolt (이인좌의 난, 李麟佐亂) also known as Musin Revolt (무신란, 戊申亂, The Revolt of 1728)

A rebellion that had launch the largest military offensive in history to overthrow Yeongjo. The rebellion was a 17 days attempt that despite short period of gains but was brutally crush within 3 weeks. There was a moment that Yeongjo & his government has lost 13 counties including Cheongju city (Yi In Jwa overtook the Cheongju city gates in the drama), the control of Sandang Sanseong Fortress (상당산성, 上黨山城) in Chungcheongbuk-do province, part of Gyeonggi-do province & also Gyeongsangnam-do province which Yi In Jwa played a pivotal role in overtaking of this provinces hence the revolt bears his name

Although it was a failed attempt due that the immature stage of ideology that was not forward thinking enough to change general consensus mindset (the population) but it will be a bridge or a window for further rebellions that will occur mainly in 1811 (Hong Gyeong Nae Revolt, for those who remember, he was the father of Hong Ra On in the drama Love in the Moonlight),1862 (Imsul Peasant Revolt) & 1894 (Donghak Peasant Revolution to be feature in SBS drama Nokdu Flower) that will lead to the fall of Joseon Dynasty

• Like 7
  • Insightful 4

Check out these stills. I would assume they're for episodes 41-44. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

@lightbringer06 Haha.  Indeed. Now that I think about it,  maybe they cut the handholding scene so they can use it at a later time in the story to tie it in to this hugging scene. :)

On another note,  I noticed that Jung Il-Woo and Go Ara kind of resemble each other in those stills,  especially the shape of their lips. Maybe it has something to do with the similarity of their facial expressions. 

It looks like the drama is doing quite well, all things considered. Ratings reports say that it's consistently at the top of its timeslot. So maybe the timeslot of Monday-Tuesday at 22:00 don't usually have very high ratings. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I am only at episode 11 now, and avoided reading previous posts here.

Mainly a lurker, that's why.

I love the great historical Kdrama's, because they are made and acted very well in every aspect.
For entertainment. And for getting a grasp of the history of country I knew nothing about 10 years ago.

Dong Yi is one of that dramas, watched it several times, and it took a few epiosdes before I realized what is shown in Haechi.

Some  romanticisation  on the go, OK.

But meanwhile , I will stop watching every so many minutes for sorting out through several sources what happened. Thanks also this forum . It is very helpfull, looking for the messages where people really explain what we see. Reason to watch Dong Yi again anyway.

Terrrible things and menmade disasters happened somewhere else, often in Asia , Africa .

On a comfortable distance.

But the last 10 years I see the similarities of Joseon-politics and modern politics in Western cultures.

The Art Of War, alive an a'kicking.

• Like 6

Can't help it. Spoiled myself by checking out clips. All I can say right now is that Jung Il Woo looks mighty fine as a king. It'll be hard for me to move on from his role as King Yeongjo after this.  Would have wanted to check out his earlier works like "High End Crush" and "Diary of A Night Watchman" but I don't know how I'll manage to wrap my head around his characters in those dramas. They seem so shallow now compared to this one. :mellow:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

Can't help it. Spoiled myself by checking out clips. All I can say right now is that Jung Il Woo looks mighty fine as a king. It'll be hard for me to move on from his role as King Yeongjo after this.  Would have wanted to check out his earlier works like "High End Crush" and "Diary of A Night Watchman" but I don't know how I'll manage to wrap my head around his characters in those dramas. They seem so shallow now compared to this one. :mellow:

Agree so much like Jung  ll Woo  is the king Yeongjo..

Stress last week still not yet watched..

• Like 5

I think Go Ara's ankle injury must be really severe. She is always sitting in wheelchair in BTS.

@akhenaten , while waiting for new episodes of Haechi, i watched "Cinderella & Four knights" ... watching that got me thinking about JIW's character in Moon that Embraces the Sun, plus in Haechi.  The characters he portrays in different dramas often involves some Birth issues ... of lower class parentage, etc :huh:

Glad they didn't edit out the hug scene :wub: ... this hug offers some form of comfort & support for them both

• Like 8

Spoiler

So, I'm kind of a sucker for non-kissing contact in sageuks- there's just something utterly warm and heart-fluttering about romantic scenes that don't involve sucking face, especially in sageuks- just adds to the mood/vibe or something, idk. Like, there was no kissing at all in yi san but the romance was the best (and it wasn't even the main point of yi san...)- maybe it was lee seo jin and han ji min's off-the-charts acting + chemistry, but dong yi wasn't fit to shine yi san's shoes even in the romance department. So, I totally squealed at the hug this episode

Anyways. Great episode, haechi does not disappoint. The norons eventually did take over the government, but nevertheless, yeongjo was an effective ruler, and it's rather unfair the crown prince sado situation takes all the attention. 

Milpoong really went all in, laying down all his possessions. History's a spoiler, but the fun is in watching the process unfold anyways. 

Obligatory regular shout-out to Im Ho and Han sang jin, whom between the two of them have been in [almost] all my favorite sageuks. 

• Like 6

Only drama political and history plot can be accepted and follow.. My teacher history will happy when hear these... 

Glad that even though the ratings are not that high, but still Haechi holds the highest rating amongst all the dramas airing at the same spot..

• Like 7

Ready to watch episode 41 and 42 right now in SBS channel..ready with popcorn and chocolate.. 

Love the suspen and relationship king and minister.. Why I think I want more episodes.. 

I want screaming why this drama become much better each episode.. I dont want drama become end.. Stress again

• Like 4