Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

15 hours ago, akhenaten said:

Have you guys seen the video for the latest OST?  I can't find the english translation yet but I tried to google-translate it and it looks like the lyrics are sad.  And the video is about Yeoning and Yeo Ji.  Coupled with the lyrics of the first OST "Love To Death", it looks like this couple will have a tragic ending.  I already expect it coz Yeoning was a real person and there wasn't any Yeo Ji in his life, unless her character was based on someone he knew. But it still makes me sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoDqlMCLqak

check it out the lyrics  - 

https://popgasa.com/2019/04/03/jeon-woo-sung-the-wind-tells-us-바람이-전하는-이야기-haechi-ost-part-2/

story of the wind - like yeoning said in the episode 12

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Haechi2526-00334.jpg

I have notice & hear that contrary to her character description in the website that her name is Cheon Yun Yeong but in the drama, they have address her by name in various occasion as Chae Yun Yeong. 

I notice the first time that when Dal Mun call her Bok Dan, she correct him that she is now Chae Yun Yeong

• Like 5

On 4/2/2019 at 11:59 PM, hahanzyy said:

seems like the Queen was a great lady in her time. unfortunately the drama didn't really portray her in a good light . 

If she was portrayed as a good person, viewers would think less of Yeoning and Yeo Ji as a couple.  I like the story the way it is.  To me, there's no need to add in the love angle. Plenty going on with the political scene. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, azahaziz said:

check it out the lyrics  - 

https://popgasa.com/2019/04/03/jeon-woo-sung-the-wind-tells-us-바람이-전하는-이야기-haechi-ost-part-2/

story of the wind - like yeoning said in the episode 13

@azahaziz  ohhhhh no... It is a sad song.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised,  given that Yeoning was a real person and Yeo Ji is fictional and the drama really can't veer too far away from reality. :tears:

All the more that I want to see Yeoning and Yeo Ji's interactions now.  And I hope the writer gives depth to their scenes together.  I want to see them have conversations in between the chaos and the politics. I want them to share sweet, quiet moments together,  where they can be themselves. Give me a passionate embrace or two before it all ends.  In other words,  I want the drama to show me how and why they fall in love,  and not just have it dropped in the story that they are. 

14 minutes ago, O said:

If she was portrayed as a good person, viewers would think less of Yeoning and Yeo Ji as a couple.  I like the story the way it is.  To me, there's no need to add in the love angle. Plenty going on with the political scene. 

I don't think it would have affected the love angle of Yeoning and Yeo Ji much if Lady Seo was portrayed positively. From what I've read, although she had a good relationship with her in-laws,  her relationship with Yeoninh wasn't as good. That's very possible,  to have good relations with your in-laws but not with your spouse. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

All the more that I want to see Yeoning and Yeo Ji's interactions now.  And I hope the writer gives depth to their scenes together.  I want to see them have conversations in between the chaos and the politics. I want them to share sweet, quiet moments together,  where they can be themselves. Give me a passionate embrace or two before it all ends.  In other words,  I want the drama to show me how and why they fall in love,  and not just have it dropped in the story that they are. 

I feel exactly the way you do..

Actually i became the fan of Go Ara since her drama You're all surrounded and keep watching her new drama.. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I just finished ep 29-32. And i totally did not understand why the prime minister and the other official (sorry don't remember his title) was suddenly prosecuted for treason  committed when the king was still crown prince. 

Like i don't remember the other official committing treason then. He was appointed by the then-king to support Prince Yeoning isn't it? 

The only conclusion i came to was that the writer made them prosecuted for no obvious reason so that she could make her point that choosing politics means choosing to risk your life. (Something along those lines said during a scene where they were speaking with the Soron head, which by the way was q cool, but to me way cooler if they explained what exactly were their crimes, or lack thereof.)

So anyone can enlighten me what treason did they truly comit? 

Edited by ShaNana
  • Like 1

@ShaNana, I’m not positive, but in an earlier episode, the other official admitted to plotting treason at another time in the past, but gave up the idea because something happened.  So I don’t know if that’s why?  I hear you, some things are very confusing.  But it’s all about how people/politicians interpret things.  I’m guessing that the messages being conveyed is like how you think, that it’s all about the choices you make in life.  This was pointed out in the scene with Park Moon Su and Wi Byung Gi.....PMS pointed out to WBG that if he had chosen to live his life cleanly, he would not be in this situation.  The thirst for power or fame sometimes leads people on the wrong path, and this is clearly illustrated in this drama.

Regarding Prince Mil Poong, he is portrayed as a very evil character.  His expression after killing the guard, and rubbing his face right after with his blood, really creeped me out.  He is ruthless and evil to the core!!! The part that bothers me the most is that he killed so many people, yet got away with it, even if they knew.  He was never arrested for any of those deaths, including the death of Yi Hwon.  And now it seems that he is responsible for poisoning the King.  Ugh!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, auntyem said:

@ShaNana, I’m not positive, but in an earlier episode, the other official admitted to plotting treason at another time in the past, but gave up the idea because something happened.  So I don’t know if that’s why?  I hear you, some things are very confusing.  But it’s all about how people/politicians interpret things.  I’m guessing that the messages being conveyed is like how you think, that it’s all about the choices you make in life.  This was pointed out in the scene with Park Moon Su and Wi Byung Gi.....PMS pointed out to WBG that if he had chosen to live his life cleanly, he would not be in this situation.  The thirst for power or fame sometimes leads people on the wrong path, and this is clearly illustrated in this drama.

Regarding Prince Mil Poong, he is portrayed as a very evil character.  His expression after killing the guard, and rubbing his face right after with his blood, really creeped me out.  He is ruthless and evil to the core!!! The part that bothers me the most is that he killed so many people, yet got away with it, even if they knew.  He was never arrested for any of those deaths, including the death of Yi Hwon.  And now it seems that he is responsible for poisoning the King.  Ugh!

@auntyem @ShaNana maybe someone overheard them discussing King Sukjong's personal wish to make Prince Yeoning the next king. Then,  as is usual with court intrigue,  it was twisted and brought out at the right time to bring them down,  with the hopes of dragging Yeoning down with them. Unfortunately,  their opponents only succeeded in bringing these two ministers and their families down,  but not the main object,  which was Yeoning. 

As for Prince Mil Poong,  Yi Tan, literally getting away with murder,  isn't that one of the main sources of complaints from the people and something Yeoning himself highlighted early on in the drama,  i.e. inequality of the country's justice system,  where nobles and royals can get away with pretty much anything because of their positions,  while the poor and common folk are punished cruelly even for a very slight mistake? 

I would think that's why Yeoning wants to take him down personally,  not just because he wants to avenge Yi Hwon's death,  but because he knows Mil Poong stands for those injustices that he himself wants to correct. :)

• Like 4

I was wondering before why Dal Mun did not mention about the poison to the Crown Prince.  The item of poison was mentioned earlier when Dal Mun was being a spy.  However, I'm not sure .... since the bad guys were not speaking in Korean and he was quite far from the location and just spying on their movement, so he might not able to hear their conversation well about the poison but we the viewers can.   

It is understandable if the Crown Prince's action be misunderstood again, since he usually do the job first and explain later.  So we are going to see another challenge that he has to overcome.

• Like 4

Wow! 29-32 was a roller coaster! I personally really loved all of the portrayals (inaccurate or accurate) so far. The bromance between Mun-su and the Crown Prince is really lovely, honestly. I gasped so hard when the Crown Prince shot the arrows to save Mun-su, and the little bickering that they have.

Despite Go Ara's absence, I actually still enjoyed it (surprisingly!) I didn't think that I would enjoy the episodes without her but I actually did (I actually forgot that she was there...?) It focused a lot on the challenges of the Crown Prince and how he overcame it as well as the political aspects of things within the government. I especially loved the quote that they tossed in:

"Power doesn't stay for 10 years, a flower won't stay red for 10 days."

The two knows that Min Ji-Yeon will follow in their footsteps, and I think it's also a foreshadow as to how his end would also be if he keeps going against the Crown Prince.

I know that Mil Poong is supposed to be bad, but the acting from the actor (which I saw he's a veteran!) is SUPERB (like everyone else in this drama, honestly). I shouldn't hate him that much but the facial expressions topped up with the horrible actions-- GRR! I'm so glad that the Crown Prince is onto him now with the fingerprint and all. And can we just talk about how Dal Moon saving Yoon Young is going come back with a huge consequence....? Like this:

Spoiler

I'm almost positive that Dal Moon will die because of Yoon Young. I think everyone sensed that in some way.

• Like 3

I am quite sure that the chief of the Sorons, Jo Tae Koo, will join YT, prince MP, in his rebellion because he already has a negative opinion of YN. YN will become the gossip that he poisoned his brother the king and I suspect that JTK will believe this rumor. First, he already thought that YN was a power hungry prince hence he believed in the rumor that YN had been behind the appeal of the vicarious governing. Notice that he wanted to prosecute the Crown prince quite quickly without any evidence. Then he was present, when YN threw away the medicine so that in his eyes, YN might have played an act. YN could have poisoned his brother and once it is too late, YN reveals the poisoning and blames his brother YT. From my point of view, JTK has never liked YN and he is blinded by his own prejudice. We know that YT will organize a coup d'état with the support from the Soron which will fail.    

• Like 3

18 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

Preview to Episode 17

i am so intrigued by that preview showing Yeo Ji with Cho Hong and Queen Dowager Inwon. I wonder how she managed to get an audience with the Queen.  Does Yeoning know about it? Probably not. Which means Yeo Ji's probably going to get her wish of working undercover in the palace as a court lady. I'm personally excited about this prospect because she gets to use another set of her skills as an investigator. In the first half,  she was fighting physically but now she gets to do more investigative work and right in the heart of the chaos,  no less. 

Among all the Saheonbu investigators who are close to Yeoning,  I think Yeo Ji is the only one who can infiltrate the world of the nobles and the royals because she's female. Park Moon Su would have been another good choice because he's a noble himself but his affiliation with Yeoning is too well-known. Yeo Ji being a woman, Yeoning's enemies would most probably not even see her as worth worrying about. 

• Like 4

@bebebisous33

I am quite sure that the chief of the Sorons, Jo Tae Koo, will join YT, prince MP, in his rebellion because he already has a negative opinion of YN. 

In history Jo Tae Gu dies in 1723 (조태구,趙泰耉, 1660 - 1723).

In preview there is person wearing a satgat (straw) hat....I believe will be Yi In Jwa (이인좌, 李麟佐) since Wi Byeong Ju is already out of commission

Official wearing mourning clothes, means Gyeongjong is dead

• Like 2

@gerrytan8063 Thanks for the info. Even if he dies before the rebellion, this doesn't mean that in the drama JTK doesn't play a part in it. He could be the one who convinces other members from Soron to side with YT because he despises YN.

• Like 1

@bebebisous33

"Even if he dies before the rebellion, this doesn't mean that in the drama JTK doesn't play a part in it. He could be the one who convinces other members from Soron to side with YT because he despises YN."

The Yi In Jwa Revolt in 1728 was instigate by extremist Soron & some defunct Namin, in the beginning of Yeongjo reign, he exercise the policy of impartiality. His first Prime Minister was Soron faction Yi Gwang Jwa (tenure 1724-1729, currently Minister of Taxation play by Im Ho in the drama). Therefore the revolt technically was seizing political power from their own faction

Haechi2728-00149.jpg

Yi Gwang Jwa (이광좌, 李光佐, 1674 -1740 Prime Minister of Joseon 1724-1729) 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

8 hours ago, akhenaten said:

i am so intrigued by that preview showing Yeo Ji with Cho Hong and Queen Dowager Inwon. I wonder how she managed to get an audience with the Queen.  Does Yeoning know about it? Probably not. Which means Yeo Ji's probably going to get her wish of working undercover in the palace as a court lady. I'm personally excited about this prospect because she gets to use another set of her skills as an investigator. In the first half,  she was fighting physically but now she gets to do more investigative work and right in the heart of the chaos,  no less. 

Among all the Saheonbu investigators who are close to Yeoning,  I think Yeo Ji is the only one who can infiltrate the world of the nobles and the royals because she's female. Park Moon Su would have been another good choice because he's a noble himself but his affiliation with Yeoning is too well-known. Yeo Ji being a woman, Yeoning's enemies would most probably not even see her as worth worrying about. 

Ooh. I absolutely agree. I doubt Yeoning knows about her meeting with Queen Dowager Inwon. I think Yeoji will want to help on the down low (of course, that's also because of her recent injury preventing her from doing any action).

I feel like Mun-su already did so much that if he continued to do anything too showy, it would attract trouble. I agree with your last point that since Yeoji is a woman, that Yeoning's enemies wouldn't care as much about her (but she's actually a huge amount of tactical help on his side).

I actually look forward to Monday to see how Yeoning will make it out of this situation with the King now... He's clearly got some Sorons on his side but the Norons are still iffy, especially Min Ji-Yeon. 

• Like 2

I am finally back!!!...lol..so glad a lot of people are discussing in here :).

Watching all four episodes in a row was so overwhelming for me, such a roller coaster of emotions, since I don't wanna be behind so I had to finish 'em all at once^^.

Thus, I cannot not tell the highlights that I enjoyed and loved while watching :D. Some may be redundant, but bear with me^^. As expected, Haechi never ceases to amaze me with every episode funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-15_17-50-42.gif 

This drama is all about KARMA too..and it summarizes in this quote " It's simply that, you made different choices. You and the Crown Prince. Whoever it is, the person you are right now...is the result of the choices you made". SOOO TRUEE!!!

+++ This drama may not have a lot of OST's but they upped it with the BGMs...esp. that repentance ritual..the BGM fits so perfectly in the scene. Not much words are uttered, but so heartbreaking. I am literally crying from this scene even until the end :tears:.

20190408-032739.png

And then comes that moment between YN and Hwon..so happy to see a cameo of Hwon in here..

Haechi-Episode-27-28-1.gif

Haechi-Episode-27-28-2.gif

And that "I fell down because I knew you would raise me up again. Next time, I will raise you up." So happy for you, Hwon-ah, you finally fulfilled it, even though you were just imaginary :tears:. I just hope we had seen more moments between these two brothers.

+++ I think what I thoroughly loved also was when Min Jin Heon finally stepped up...

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-27-28-3.gif

I also think he's the most humane among the characters. He's not just merely painted as black or white, he's both. He's the type of a character who may be as good as a lead as well. After seeing a bit of his backstory, I understand where he stands and is coming from. He has his own principles, and it may be unfortunate, but one that don't align necessarily with that of the King's or even YN's, he was doing it for Noron after all. He knows how politics works because he experienced it firsthand, but that doesn't mean there is no room for learning and compromise, most notably after his encounters with YN. He realizes how much YN has grown. I know (like he said) that eventually he will be in YN's way again, but I look forward to their battle of wits in terms of politics. They are so politically savvy, so fun to watch! However, irl, I myself don't like politics, but after watching this, I'm surprised I'm actually enjoying it^^.

+++ I was about to be disappointed in Dal Moon but glad I watched all the eps before doing so :D. And boy, he is the MAN!^^...That trust he has of YN that he will eventually decipher his message was just something else. Even that indirect conversation they had, poor Mil Poong, has no idea what they were talking about funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-15_17-49-48.gif 

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-29-30-1.gif

+++ The KARMA...Wi Byung Joo...this nod between YN and MS..finally justice is served for Inspector Han's death. WBJ walking on the same road Moon Soo and others walked on when they were accused was so satisfying...BJ is such a competent person, if only he chose the right path, he wouldn't have ended up like this. I pity him. Again, wrong decisions.

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-29-30-4.gif

+++ The episodes have been so heavy and serious that I was thankful for these small funny/light scenes they managed to insert ^^. I always find this team leader so funny, just saving his richard simmons all the time :D.

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-29-30-2.gif

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-29-30-3.gif

And that gay joke though, ha ha..I was laughing at Dal Moon's reaction, he can be cute too  funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-23_18-29-13.gif 

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-31-32-1.gif

Poor Moon Soo, everyone thinks he is gay...ha ha ha..and Yeoning so quick to brush it off, huh, of course, I know you have Yeoji in your heart, so:wub:..but when they said the only woman Moon Soo's close with was Yeoji, oh, I hope he won't end up liking YJ as a "woman".

And oh, Mil Poong, such a lost soul. I think he really needs a shrink^^...if only they have psychiatrists before, no one will go crazy..I totally admire this actor, never seen such a crazy villain. And still, can't find myself hating him. This is the drama where I never find myself hating on anyone, because everyone is doing what they're doing as they deemed right, even though it's not. They're pretty reasonable.

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-29-30-5.gif

+++ I was fearing for the King while watching this that he might totally turn his back on YN, but glad he came around. Fear has been planted on him, so just a tiny suspicion could grow in him. I understand his position, he was just afraid, that Yi Gwang Jwa was right when he said, it's like he's been waiting for something to happen so that he can put the blame on Yeoning. Happy to see him reflect on his mistakes, he know he was wrong all along, it's just he also knows and understand very well that Yeoning is far way better than him. And really, when can the characters take a break, now the King is likely to be poisoned??...hmm..so it's quite different from the history, though it's been said he might have been poisoned too.

Now, while I am enjoying all the politics, I really miss the little fluffy scenes^^. Too much testosterone that we need some female too :blush:, I am so happy to see Go Ara is back on episode 33, maybe that's why we didn't get any preview last week because they were planning to have YJ back and there might not yet any scenes of her when they made ep. 31-32. And while I didn't really like the way they just made YJ vanish for those episodes, I did appreciate those little flashbacks of her^^. So it is possible she will enter as a court lady without YN's knowledge because that preview where YJ was looking at him from afar. I hope now we can finally get some romance going because 8 eps might not be enough to fill it all in now that Ara's scenes will depend on her condition.

My only complain, tho, is I wish Yeoji was there to witness everything that has happened..esp. that of Inspector Han's case, he was like a family to her. And btw, is no one gonna mention where is Inspector Han's son now? He just like..disappeared. He's even an orphan.

Anyways, so excited for eps 33-34 !!!  funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-15_17-49-54.gif 

• Like 4