[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

@lightbringer06 Haha.  Indeed. Now that I think about it,  maybe they cut the handholding scene so they can use it at a later time in the story to tie it in to this hugging scene. :)

On another note,  I noticed that Jung Il-Woo and Go Ara kind of resemble each other in those stills,  especially the shape of their lips. Maybe it has something to do with the similarity of their facial expressions. 

It looks like the drama is doing quite well, all things considered. Ratings reports say that it's consistently at the top of its timeslot. So maybe the timeslot of Monday-Tuesday at 22:00 don't usually have very high ratings. 

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am only at episode 11 now, and avoided reading previous posts here.

Mainly a lurker, that's why.

I love the great historical Kdrama's, because they are made and acted very well in every aspect.
For entertainment. And for getting a grasp of the history of country I knew nothing about 10 years ago.

Dong Yi is one of that dramas, watched it several times, and it took a few epiosdes before I realized what is shown in Haechi.

Some  romanticisation  on the go, OK.

But meanwhile , I will stop watching every so many minutes for sorting out through several sources what happened. Thanks also this forum . It is very helpfull, looking for the messages where people really explain what we see. Reason to watch Dong Yi again anyway.

Terrrible things and menmade disasters happened somewhere else, often in Asia , Africa .

On a comfortable distance.

But the last 10 years I see the similarities of Joseon-politics and modern politics in Western cultures.

The Art Of War, alive an a'kicking.

Can't help it. Spoiled myself by checking out clips. All I can say right now is that Jung Il Woo looks mighty fine as a king. It'll be hard for me to move on from his role as King Yeongjo after this.  Would have wanted to check out his earlier works like "High End Crush" and "Diary of A Night Watchman" but I don't know how I'll manage to wrap my head around his characters in those dramas. They seem so shallow now compared to this one. :mellow:

39 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

Can't help it. Spoiled myself by checking out clips. All I can say right now is that Jung Il Woo looks mighty fine as a king. It'll be hard for me to move on from his role as King Yeongjo after this.  Would have wanted to check out his earlier works like "High End Crush" and "Diary of A Night Watchman" but I don't know how I'll manage to wrap my head around his characters in those dramas. They seem so shallow now compared to this one. :mellow:

Agree so much like Jung  ll Woo  is the king Yeongjo..

Stress last week still not yet watched..

I think Go Ara's ankle injury must be really severe. She is always sitting in wheelchair in BTS.

@akhenaten , while waiting for new episodes of Haechi, i watched "Cinderella & Four knights" ... watching that got me thinking about JIW's character in Moon that Embraces the Sun, plus in Haechi.  The characters he portrays in different dramas often involves some Birth issues ... of lower class parentage, etc :huh:

Glad they didn't edit out the hug scene :wub: ... this hug offers some form of comfort & support for them both

Spoiler

So, I'm kind of a sucker for non-kissing contact in sageuks- there's just something utterly warm and heart-fluttering about romantic scenes that don't involve sucking face, especially in sageuks- just adds to the mood/vibe or something, idk. Like, there was no kissing at all in yi san but the romance was the best (and it wasn't even the main point of yi san...)- maybe it was lee seo jin and han ji min's off-the-charts acting + chemistry, but dong yi wasn't fit to shine yi san's shoes even in the romance department. So, I totally squealed at the hug this episode

Anyways. Great episode, haechi does not disappoint. The norons eventually did take over the government, but nevertheless, yeongjo was an effective ruler, and it's rather unfair the crown prince sado situation takes all the attention. 

Milpoong really went all in, laying down all his possessions. History's a spoiler, but the fun is in watching the process unfold anyways. 

Obligatory regular shout-out to Im Ho and Han sang jin, whom between the two of them have been in [almost] all my favorite sageuks. 

Ready to watch episode 41 and 42 right now in SBS channel..ready with popcorn and chocolate.. 

Love the suspen and relationship king and minister.. Why I think I want more episodes.. 

I want screaming why this drama become much better each episode.. I dont want drama become end.. Stress again

Feel sympathy to Go Ara because of injured she can only just standing of their scene.. 

Anyone can give spoiler.. I hate to wait one day.. Its too long but when I watch it too shortly..seriously time its same right.. 

Spoiler

Not gonna lie, I felt teary when ah-bong found his comrades and celebrated! My heart stopped for a moment when he thought jang-dal was dead. Phew! 

Heh, the queen dowager lowkey hooking up yi geum and yeo ji. 

And lol inspector joo- cowardly, but ultimately harmless. 

Anyways- Victory! 

Next week is the last week! Gonna miss this drama. 

What happened to Milpoong? 

Spoiler

Will he bring conflict next week? 

The love story of Dal Moon and Yoon Young is way more developed than the YeoYeo. To think they have much much lesser interaction and appearances. Maybe heartbreaking romance is always the most effective love story. 

Everything is calm again but we know Haechi never stays calm. So I want to know what surprise they have for us in the final week. 

AND thanks to pd and writer for letting

Spoiler

Ahbong and Jangdal live. Also Dal Moon's underlings. Hope the ending stays happy like this. 

The story of rebellion is the highlight of PMS in history so I don't think Go Ara's role has changed because of her injury. KY is supposed to be in the palace since he is now the king, and the battle is really the task for PMS, based in history. So, YJ is also supposed to be in the palace because our king needs someone who can calm him by his side while the battle (where his friends are involved) is ongoing.

One more week to go, chingus. Thanks for all your posts here!

I don't know why but I have a feeling that YJ will die in front of our King. Perhaps Prince Milpoong kills her? My wild guess... but ...

Only 2 eps left. And this drama has me as its big fan. Love everything of it, included every short but touching moment of my YeoYeo couple. I'm surprised that I'm quite pleased with their warm hug, their stares in tears. And I consider what our King says to YJ about Dalmoon's feeling "just like my feeling toward you" is his official love confession.

So sad. Just 1 week to wait in eagerness. And then normal Monday will be back again. Sigh...

Happy to be here with all of you chingus :)

So I just finished episode 22 (43-44).   I thought this drama couldn't get any better.  Since the second half of the drama started, it has been a rollercoaster ride for me.  The intensity just keeps building up.  It's so hard to choose a favorite scene because everything in this episode (as with the last few ones) are just so good.  Yet I especially love those scenes between King Yeongjo and his two highest officials, Minister Min and Chief Justice Jo.  These two men who have always been his staunchest and most vocal adversaries, who used to insult him to his face even as crown prince, now looks at him with admiration, respect and awe. I felt like crying every time King Yeongjo overcame a challenge and they would look at him with a mixture of disbelief and respect.  It's as if they now find that they are humbled when Yeongjo proves them wrong and shows himself as worthy to be king.  Their king.  

I realize now that what makes Yeongjo different is that he is a leader who listens.  He doesn't take offense easily, because he is humble and always tries to understand where the other party is coming from and why they think the way they do.  He doesn't force his will on them, but he isn't beyond commanding or bypassing them altogether when necessary.  And he speaks from his heart and isn't afraid to be among his people, as what he showed at the height of the plague scare, and when he spoke to his army.  Every time he made a speech, I felt like crying with pride, and whenever the faces of Minister Min and Chief Justice Jo, and everyone who knows Yeongjo were shown, you could see that that was exactly how they felt.  

@oceluna  I've always had that nagging feeling that the loss of Yeo Ji will be the one personal tragedy that Yeongjo will experience in the midst of his triumphs as king.  He has won over his political opponents.  He has earned the loyalty and respect of his subjects.  His friends and allies somehow survived the battles.  But we all know that somehow, somewhere, something's got to give.  

Between Yeongjo and Yeo Ji, there's always been that notion that what they have is fleeting.  And the words that Yeo Ji's always said to him, of her promise to stay by his side to protect him always and that she would rather be the one hurt than to have him hurt...I have a feeling she will make good on that somehow.  Yeo Ji's way of showing her love for Yeongjo is through her skill, her reliability and her effectiveness. 

Judging from the way it has been going since it started its second half, I'm sure this drama will give me an emotional high, then break my heart with Yeongjo and Yeo Ji in the end. :(    

Archived