[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering before why Dal Mun did not mention about the poison to the Crown Prince.  The item of poison was mentioned earlier when Dal Mun was being a spy.  However, I'm not sure .... since the bad guys were not speaking in Korean and he was quite far from the location and just spying on their movement, so he might not able to hear their conversation well about the poison but we the viewers can.   

It is understandable if the Crown Prince's action be misunderstood again, since he usually do the job first and explain later.  So we are going to see another challenge that he has to overcome.

Wow! 29-32 was a roller coaster! I personally really loved all of the portrayals (inaccurate or accurate) so far. The bromance between Mun-su and the Crown Prince is really lovely, honestly. I gasped so hard when the Crown Prince shot the arrows to save Mun-su, and the little bickering that they have.

Despite Go Ara's absence, I actually still enjoyed it (surprisingly!) I didn't think that I would enjoy the episodes without her but I actually did (I actually forgot that she was there...?) It focused a lot on the challenges of the Crown Prince and how he overcame it as well as the political aspects of things within the government. I especially loved the quote that they tossed in:

"Power doesn't stay for 10 years, a flower won't stay red for 10 days."

The two knows that Min Ji-Yeon will follow in their footsteps, and I think it's also a foreshadow as to how his end would also be if he keeps going against the Crown Prince.

I know that Mil Poong is supposed to be bad, but the acting from the actor (which I saw he's a veteran!) is SUPERB (like everyone else in this drama, honestly). I shouldn't hate him that much but the facial expressions topped up with the horrible actions-- GRR! I'm so glad that the Crown Prince is onto him now with the fingerprint and all. And can we just talk about how Dal Moon saving Yoon Young is going come back with a huge consequence....? Like this:

Spoiler

I'm almost positive that Dal Moon will die because of Yoon Young. I think everyone sensed that in some way.

I am quite sure that the chief of the Sorons, Jo Tae Koo, will join YT, prince MP, in his rebellion because he already has a negative opinion of YN. YN will become the gossip that he poisoned his brother the king and I suspect that JTK will believe this rumor. First, he already thought that YN was a power hungry prince hence he believed in the rumor that YN had been behind the appeal of the vicarious governing. Notice that he wanted to prosecute the Crown prince quite quickly without any evidence. Then he was present, when YN threw away the medicine so that in his eyes, YN might have played an act. YN could have poisoned his brother and once it is too late, YN reveals the poisoning and blames his brother YT. From my point of view, JTK has never liked YN and he is blinded by his own prejudice. We know that YT will organize a coup d'état with the support from the Soron which will fail.    

18 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

Preview to Episode 17

i am so intrigued by that preview showing Yeo Ji with Cho Hong and Queen Dowager Inwon. I wonder how she managed to get an audience with the Queen.  Does Yeoning know about it? Probably not. Which means Yeo Ji's probably going to get her wish of working undercover in the palace as a court lady. I'm personally excited about this prospect because she gets to use another set of her skills as an investigator. In the first half,  she was fighting physically but now she gets to do more investigative work and right in the heart of the chaos,  no less. 

Among all the Saheonbu investigators who are close to Yeoning,  I think Yeo Ji is the only one who can infiltrate the world of the nobles and the royals because she's female. Park Moon Su would have been another good choice because he's a noble himself but his affiliation with Yeoning is too well-known. Yeo Ji being a woman, Yeoning's enemies would most probably not even see her as worth worrying about. 

@bebebisous33

I am quite sure that the chief of the Sorons, Jo Tae Koo, will join YT, prince MP, in his rebellion because he already has a negative opinion of YN. 

In history Jo Tae Gu dies in 1723 (조태구,趙泰耉, 1660 - 1723).

In preview there is person wearing a satgat (straw) hat....I believe will be Yi In Jwa (이인좌, 李麟佐) since Wi Byeong Ju is already out of commission

Official wearing mourning clothes, means Gyeongjong is dead

@bebebisous33

"Even if he dies before the rebellion, this doesn't mean that in the drama JTK doesn't play a part in it. He could be the one who convinces other members from Soron to side with YT because he despises YN."

The Yi In Jwa Revolt in 1728 was instigate by extremist Soron & some defunct Namin, in the beginning of Yeongjo reign, he exercise the policy of impartiality. His first Prime Minister was Soron faction Yi Gwang Jwa (tenure 1724-1729, currently Minister of Taxation play by Im Ho in the drama). Therefore the revolt technically was seizing political power from their own faction

Haechi2728-00149.jpg

Yi Gwang Jwa (이광좌, 李光佐, 1674 -1740 Prime Minister of Joseon 1724-1729) 

8 hours ago, akhenaten said:

i am so intrigued by that preview showing Yeo Ji with Cho Hong and Queen Dowager Inwon. I wonder how she managed to get an audience with the Queen.  Does Yeoning know about it? Probably not. Which means Yeo Ji's probably going to get her wish of working undercover in the palace as a court lady. I'm personally excited about this prospect because she gets to use another set of her skills as an investigator. In the first half,  she was fighting physically but now she gets to do more investigative work and right in the heart of the chaos,  no less. 

Among all the Saheonbu investigators who are close to Yeoning,  I think Yeo Ji is the only one who can infiltrate the world of the nobles and the royals because she's female. Park Moon Su would have been another good choice because he's a noble himself but his affiliation with Yeoning is too well-known. Yeo Ji being a woman, Yeoning's enemies would most probably not even see her as worth worrying about. 

Ooh. I absolutely agree. I doubt Yeoning knows about her meeting with Queen Dowager Inwon. I think Yeoji will want to help on the down low (of course, that's also because of her recent injury preventing her from doing any action).

I feel like Mun-su already did so much that if he continued to do anything too showy, it would attract trouble. I agree with your last point that since Yeoji is a woman, that Yeoning's enemies wouldn't care as much about her (but she's actually a huge amount of tactical help on his side).

I actually look forward to Monday to see how Yeoning will make it out of this situation with the King now... He's clearly got some Sorons on his side but the Norons are still iffy, especially Min Ji-Yeon. 

I am finally back!!!...lol..so glad a lot of people are discussing in here :).

Watching all four episodes in a row was so overwhelming for me, such a roller coaster of emotions, since I don't wanna be behind so I had to finish 'em all at once^^.

Thus, I cannot not tell the highlights that I enjoyed and loved while watching :D. Some may be redundant, but bear with me^^. As expected, Haechi never ceases to amaze me with every episode funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-15_17-50-42.gif 

This drama is all about KARMA too..and it summarizes in this quote " It's simply that, you made different choices. You and the Crown Prince. Whoever it is, the person you are right now...is the result of the choices you made". SOOO TRUEE!!!

+++ This drama may not have a lot of OST's but they upped it with the BGMs...esp. that repentance ritual..the BGM fits so perfectly in the scene. Not much words are uttered, but so heartbreaking. I am literally crying from this scene even until the end :tears:.

20190408-032739.png

And then comes that moment between YN and Hwon..so happy to see a cameo of Hwon in here..

Haechi-Episode-27-28-1.gif

Haechi-Episode-27-28-2.gif

And that "I fell down because I knew you would raise me up again. Next time, I will raise you up." So happy for you, Hwon-ah, you finally fulfilled it, even though you were just imaginary :tears:. I just hope we had seen more moments between these two brothers.

+++ I think what I thoroughly loved also was when Min Jin Heon finally stepped up...

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-27-28-3.gif

I also think he's the most humane among the characters. He's not just merely painted as black or white, he's both. He's the type of a character who may be as good as a lead as well. After seeing a bit of his backstory, I understand where he stands and is coming from. He has his own principles, and it may be unfortunate, but one that don't align necessarily with that of the King's or even YN's, he was doing it for Noron after all. He knows how politics works because he experienced it firsthand, but that doesn't mean there is no room for learning and compromise, most notably after his encounters with YN. He realizes how much YN has grown. I know (like he said) that eventually he will be in YN's way again, but I look forward to their battle of wits in terms of politics. They are so politically savvy, so fun to watch! However, irl, I myself don't like politics, but after watching this, I'm surprised I'm actually enjoying it^^.

+++ I was about to be disappointed in Dal Moon but glad I watched all the eps before doing so :D. And boy, he is the MAN!^^...That trust he has of YN that he will eventually decipher his message was just something else. Even that indirect conversation they had, poor Mil Poong, has no idea what they were talking about funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-15_17-49-48.gif 

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-29-30-1.gif

+++ The KARMA...Wi Byung Joo...this nod between YN and MS..finally justice is served for Inspector Han's death. WBJ walking on the same road Moon Soo and others walked on when they were accused was so satisfying...BJ is such a competent person, if only he chose the right path, he wouldn't have ended up like this. I pity him. Again, wrong decisions.

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-29-30-4.gif

+++ The episodes have been so heavy and serious that I was thankful for these small funny/light scenes they managed to insert ^^. I always find this team leader so funny, just saving his richard simmons all the time :D.

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-29-30-2.gif

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-29-30-3.gif

And that gay joke though, ha ha..I was laughing at Dal Moon's reaction, he can be cute too  funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-23_18-29-13.gif 

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-31-32-1.gif

Poor Moon Soo, everyone thinks he is gay...ha ha ha..and Yeoning so quick to brush it off, huh, of course, I know you have Yeoji in your heart, so:wub:..but when they said the only woman Moon Soo's close with was Yeoji, oh, I hope he won't end up liking YJ as a "woman".

And oh, Mil Poong, such a lost soul. I think he really needs a shrink^^...if only they have psychiatrists before, no one will go crazy..I totally admire this actor, never seen such a crazy villain. And still, can't find myself hating him. This is the drama where I never find myself hating on anyone, because everyone is doing what they're doing as they deemed right, even though it's not. They're pretty reasonable.

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-29-30-5.gif

+++ I was fearing for the King while watching this that he might totally turn his back on YN, but glad he came around. Fear has been planted on him, so just a tiny suspicion could grow in him. I understand his position, he was just afraid, that Yi Gwang Jwa was right when he said, it's like he's been waiting for something to happen so that he can put the blame on Yeoning. Happy to see him reflect on his mistakes, he know he was wrong all along, it's just he also knows and understand very well that Yeoning is far way better than him. And really, when can the characters take a break, now the King is likely to be poisoned??...hmm..so it's quite different from the history, though it's been said he might have been poisoned too.

Now, while I am enjoying all the politics, I really miss the little fluffy scenes^^. Too much testosterone that we need some female too :blush:, I am so happy to see Go Ara is back on episode 33, maybe that's why we didn't get any preview last week because they were planning to have YJ back and there might not yet any scenes of her when they made ep. 31-32. And while I didn't really like the way they just made YJ vanish for those episodes, I did appreciate those little flashbacks of her^^. So it is possible she will enter as a court lady without YN's knowledge because that preview where YJ was looking at him from afar. I hope now we can finally get some romance going because 8 eps might not be enough to fill it all in now that Ara's scenes will depend on her condition.

My only complain, tho, is I wish Yeoji was there to witness everything that has happened..esp. that of Inspector Han's case, he was like a family to her. And btw, is no one gonna mention where is Inspector Han's son now? He just like..disappeared. He's even an orphan.

Anyways, so excited for eps 33-34 !!!  funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-15_17-49-54.gif 

I saw a post on Twitter saying that actor Go Joo Won is confirmed to join the cast of "Haechi".  Have you guys heard of this? I'm not familiar with Go Joo Won so I don't know what to make of it.  And with just 3 weeks to go for the drama,  I wonder how they'll manage to fit other story arcs into it. Unless they decide to extend another week or so just to wrap things up neatly. I personally wouldn't mind but I doubt this will happen. "Dong Yi" was said to have been extended as well but that drama had ratings going beyond 20%. 

On another note,  one angle I would like to see is Yeoning's relationship with his wife. During the first half,  it was clear that their marriage was clearly one of convenience,  a contract entered into for purposes of alliance. Perhaps they did their duty and tried to have children through the years (at this point in the drama,  they would have been married more than ten years already)  but in history,  Yeoning never had any with his principal wife. Yet Lady Seo, who eventually became Queen Jeongseong,  was said to have had good relations with her in-laws. It's possible that she was a good woman but just bitter towards a husband who never cared for her at all. 

@akhenaten

"I saw a post on Twitter saying that actor Go Joo Won is confirmed to join the cast of "Haechi".  Have you guys heard of this? I'm not familiar with Go Joo Won so I don't know what to make of it. "

Go Ju Won will play Yi In Jwa (이인좌, 李麟佐 1695-1728). In the preview he is the person who is wearing the "satgat" hat

Yi In Jwa is a descendant from Grand Prince Impyeong Daegun Yi Gu (임영대군 이구,臨瀛大君 李璆, 1420 - 1469), 4th son of Sejong the Great & Queen Sohyeon. Therefore he belongs to the Jeonju Yi Clan - the Royal Clan of Joseon

Go Ju Won is currently in MBC weekend drama "Love in Sadness"

Sigh.. Poor Crown Prince. 

He just couldn't catch a breather on his way to be a King.

Why can't they just execute YT as soon as possible? Kudos to the actor portraying him because he really make me hate him so much that I can't bring myself to see him in any episode at all!

Looking forward to tonight's episode!

P.S: Glad to have YJ back but all these scenes of watching Crown Prince from behind... it's too much for my heart.

I'm prepared for this sinking ship but I'm still in denial.. :tears:

Gahhhh.  I thought this drama couldn't get more intense but I was wrong.  Each episode keeps getting better and better.  

If my heart hadn't broken yet for Yeoning in the past episodes, it's almost near shattered now.  Now, he is starting to feel the enormous responsibility that he will bear and the battles that he must fight in order to become the king that his country hopes for.  :(

One thing I absolutely love about this drama is that its characters are not one-dimensional.  Even the main "villains" like Min Jin Heon, Jeo Taek Koo, Wi Byung Ju, Prince Mil Poong and even Yoon Young all have motivations that may not be all good, but you get to understand why they think and act the way they do.  I especially love how Minister Min has become an unlikely advisor to Crown Prince Yeoning, teaching him the rules of the game, though often in a very convoluted manner.  It's already clear that he knows and respects Yeoning's ability to put everything together and understand what he's trying to say.  Between him, Minister Yi Gwang Ja and the other junior minister of the Department of Justice (I forget his name), Yeoning will have enough advisors that will give him different sides and angles to consider.

I also love how the writer made use of Go A Ra's brief hiatus from the drama to make it come out that Yeo Ji has been training secretly as a court lady. And it's brilliant that they smoothly inserted her character in the midst of everything by making it such that the Queen Dowager is looking for someone from within the Crown Prince's inner circle whom she can trust to help her in protecting him, and Yeo Ji is just the perfect woman for the job.  And I do believe Cho Hong was instrumental in getting Yeo Ji into court lady training, plus she did recommend her to the Queen Dowager.  It's nice to see that in their own respective ways, Cho Hong and Yeo Ji show their love and devotion to Yeoning, and help each other in protecting him. :)

And now, Yi In Jwa comes into the picture.  (thanks to @gerrytan8063 for sharing info about who he is in history).  Another one of the early challenges to Yeoning's rule.  I can't wait for the next episodes.  I just wish they would extend it a bit, like for about two more one-hour episodes.  I just don't want things rushed and tied neatly just to keep it within the 24 one-hour episodes quota.  

Archived