nooooo.gif

All the intense. 

All the build up.

Aargh!!!!

But I have to say to the writers/producers:

Well played!

InsecureHandmadeArcticwolf-small.gif

DM, I owe you an apology.

I'll take back the bone because it seems that you have aplenty of it and WOW!

Just wow...

Another great episode!

But then... a little rant.

I'm pissed that they just pulled YJ out like that.

There's no explanation or indication why YJ is not around when something like this (accusation of treason) happened.

Did I missed something from the previous episode?

It's just so frustrating that all of the sudden, she's not there!

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really speechless about this episode. Everything feels so tense on our Crown Prince side! 

Dal Mon!!! I knew you wouldnt betray us as easy like that T.T

And oh from all that bad peoples surrounding YN and his comrades, why i feel really annoyed by Byeong Joo!!! 

11 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@akhenaten

"Idk why they referred to Dal Moon's character as a famous clown. Actually, he's more of like a 'king' on the street, he manipulates and control the homeless. He even said so himself after YN was proclaimed as Crown Prince"

The word Gwang Dae (광대 廣大), known from the previous drama as "Clown", general term for a "street performer"

Episode 14

Yi Hwon's ghost pay a visit to Yi Geum to give him support

Dal Mun is playing mole agent for Yi Geum by playing code words with the "wall notice"

Park Mun Su now knows that Wi Byeong Joo is behind Han Jeong Seok's death & had buried evidence of his death

Queen Inwon gave Yi Geum one of Sukjong's possession which is a pair reading glasses, currently known in Joseon as "aids" to affirm that he is indeed Sukjong posterity 

Min Jin Heon step out in Yi Geum's defence in Court Tribunal (Show Trial) & why are all the official wearing "black stole" over their official robes

No preview

I thought I have enough crying in the other romcom drama I'm following but the two scenes that really touched me was the scenes of "Yi Hwon's ghost" and "Queen Inwon's support for the Crown Prince. 

So many things going on in yesterday's episode and to finally know Dal Mun's real intention, is a relief.  He is really smart, both street smart and book smart, that's how he can survive. Thank goodness they have noticed the code inserted in the notice otherwise....

Good ending to make the heart beat faster when "Min Jin Heon" voiced out just at the right moment.  I have always like to watch when the two of them "debate" about politics from different perspective.  

Last but not least, let's get the real criminals this time.  Till next episodes.

As always, I truly admire how Haechi is written and executed on the screen. It's just sad that this is the moment YJ is waiting for. To find the truth about Jeong suk's death. And this is where the moment when we should have seen and felt the solid bond of the three brothers, because of all people, it's MS and YJ are the ones YG rely on. I'm relieved to know DM's motive. He wants to save both Yoon Young and YG and takes advantage on this opportunity to do so. Min Jinheong, finally I've seen him not all black. His character is the balance of the story.

We are approaching the middle of the drama, am I right? I expect the story will end until YG becomes the king, or are they going to cover some parts of his early reign? Because the recent episodes feel like the end for MP and WB. Or maybe there will be more twists...

Can't wait for the next episodes. SK should support this drama. Why the ratings seems moving down? Internationally, I see it has positive response from the majority. Never ever listen to haters' comments. They are just few but very noisy. 

I've read spoilers from chingus here before I watch the recent episodes. Keep loving Haechi everyone! 

I think they don't have enough time to think of a reasonable way of letting YJ out of the story. They just... don't mention about her. In the scene where she jumped out and talked with JH, I thought that at least they showed a scene where YJ watching YN from a far, as her wish. But not. Perhaps she's injured right after that. And yes, like you say, @yoo1, this is the important moment that YJ waits for.

Btw, I love that Jung Il Woo posted some pics of him and Ara at this time. He's so thoughtful. 

Beside that thing, the story is still so good and interesting to watch. Love Haechi as always. And I don't care about ratings.

Ah, about MS, I still wonder what's his true feeling. Why did he cry a little when he talked with YJ about brothers? Why he had to remind himself that how manly she was?

@oceluna True that. The scene where YJ is watching YN, I also waited for that. But maybe they couldn't shoot anymore because she looked in pain in the scene with Cho Hong. :bawling:

About MS to YJ, in my perspective it shows that he as her brother is worried for YJ to fall for YG. Maybe because he knows she will only suffer more if that happens. Ugh! I want to know too. Why, Moon-su? Why? Does he know something about YJ's past through Jeong-suk? There must be a reason for him to care that much about her since the beginning. And that scene tells his love for her is a brotherly love. 

Okay.  First thing.  They need to tell us the backstories of Dal Moon, Yeo Ji and Moon Su.  The first two are much too educated and skilled for their station in life.  Dal Moon is supposedly a beggar and Yeo Ji a damo.  Both are at the bottom of the social strata.  So where did their skills come from?  And Moon Su.  Clearly, he's not just a low-level yangban.  He is admitted easily into the palace.  He dresses well enough as a yangban should.  Where is his family?  Why does he live with Yeo Ji, Ah Bong and Jang Dal?  And why was he very close to Han Jeong Sook?

Second thing.  Yeo Ji just...disappeared.  As if she never existed.  At the very least, if she didn't appear in this episode, there should have been instances when her name was mentioned.  For example, Cho Hong could have told Yi Geum when he went back to his palace that Yeo Ji had come in secret to see how he was.   Or Moon Su might have said that she went to the palace to see him.  I'd like to think that somehow, Yeo Ji found a way to infiltrate the palace through the help of Ja Dong and Cho Hong.  And perhaps she's still in there, spying and looking after Yi Geum without him knowing, because she knows he wouldn't approve of her being there.  But she can't just stand by and worry about him.   There should be something mentioned about Yeo Ji because you don't just make a major character disappear during the climactic part of a drama without a proper transition.

Having said that, I'll move on to the last four episodes (2 if you count them per hour).  

Damn.  "Haechi" has leveled up so drastically in the last 4 episodes. Gone are the fluff, the lighthearted moments.  Even Moon Su, who seemed so over-the-top at the beginning of the drama, has changed and become so much more intense. And Yi Geum.  Oh man.  The glint in his eyes and the determined set of his jaw is light years away from that buffoon prince he used to be.  This is now a crown prince worthy of the throne, and he has the intelligence, the cunning, the strength of character and the willpower to take it.     

There are some that I would count as my favorites.  First would be the one involving Yi Geum and Yi Hwon.  I felt the pain of his loss and regret over his brother's death.  When he remembered their happy times together, it brought home to me that in order to become king, Yi Geum has to make so many sacrifices.  Yi Hwon was one of those sacrifices that had to be made for Yi Geum to fulfill his destiny.  And then those confrontation moments with Min Jin Heon.  The payoff from those scenes is so much better than any confrontation Yi Geum may have with Mil Poong or Wi Byung Ju. These two are easy fry for Yi Geum to manipulate but Min Jin Heon is one of the best, if not the best, players in Joseon's "game of thrones".  He is the perfect opponent to match up against for Yi Geum.  And it was just so wonderful to see how Min Jin Heon began to realize that the prince he used to ridicule for being useless and lowborn now turns out to be the most worthy adversary that he can have.  An adversary worthy of his respect.  

I can't wait for the next episodes.  I don't care about what other viewers think.  They can have their fluffy romcoms and romantic fusion sageuks.  I'll take a sageuk like "Haechi" any day.  :)

i agree with all you wrote @akhenaten.

especially with Yeo-Ji not being mentioned in the episode. i was waiting for something and got upset. plus with Han Jung Seok death at the spotlight again with PMS digging even more, a shout out to her would have been nice. since she was the one who suffered, investigated, fight for the truth about it too.

but i do hope your idea that she's somehow hidden at the palace is the writer/pds excuse. how great this will be, no?

another thing i'm thinking is that maybe the writer Kim Yi Young is struggling with the reduce lenght of the episodes she has (24) rather a long one that is her usual style: 50 episodes. so she is trying to tell a lot, given another characters space to development but has to cut or shorten others. Like, it's being while we don't see Lady Seo. nor a interaction with Yeoning. we saw very little interaction between the women too (one the thing i like about Dong Yi is that we had more female character. the ladies from audit are so amazing). i think she will come up with a solution without overshadow Yeo-ji and the other female characters. i hope i'm not exagerating and wrong.

ok, least: can i just say that scene where PMS tells to Yeo-Ji he wants the Crown Prince, Yeo-Ji and him still brothers, together got me emotional and heartbroken? really. it was so moving. and after that he went to see Yeoning havinf the same reaction.  i wonder if he's afraid that Yeo-Ji be becoming a court lady, thus he'll not able to be at her side anymore. these three are precious together....

and yes, all the acting, crew deserves awards.

anyway... since there's no preview the waiting for the next episode get more unease.

Preview to Episode 15

Endless depravity, however truth must be revealed

Yi Geum & his Avengers counterattack Yi Tan

Min Jin Heon tell Yi Tan that he is not on his "revolt" bandwagon 

History lesson

Haechi2526-00410.jpg

This act of public petition seen in many Sageuk (사극) historical drama is called "Seok Go Dae Joe (석고대죄, 席藁待罪) is a public display/petition of awaiting or pleading for punishment for or against (mortal) crime & charges that involve kneeling (a sit in) on a straw mat without moving off from the mat

I am not a usual fan of saeguk dramas because it is always more about scheming and politics, the plot for power.  I was more of a romance fan......but now it seems I’m switching over!  I love this drama, the storyline is so interesting!!   Very good writing and acting, am really enjoying it!

some people mentioned that YJ was excluded.....but her accident was sudden, so I think it couldn’t be helped.  Hopefully she’ll be able to return soon, and it’ll all be good!

Yi Tan and Yoon Young are birds of a feather that stick together!  Yoon Young has just as much a lust for power as Yi Tan, and ultimately, she will go down with him! His methods of trying to take Yi Geum down are very underhanded.....despicable!

Can anyone tell me why these royal characters have multiple names? Yeoning, Yi Geum, and ? I forget the third name, is one and the same person? Why do they have so many names, and when do you call them what???  If you just walk into the story, it can be very confusing!!!

7 hours ago, auntyem said:

I am not a usual fan of saeguk dramas because it is always more about scheming and politics, the plot for power.  I was more of a romance fan......but now it seems I’m switching over!  I love this drama, the storyline is so interesting!!   Very good writing and acting, am really enjoying it!

Welcome to Haechi world!!! I agree this is really really good Sageuk that's why even though my heart is aching not seeing YJ in the climactic events, I can't just let go. :wub::sweatingbullets:

7 hours ago, auntyem said:

Can anyone tell me why these royal characters have multiple names? Yeoning, Yi Geum, and ? I forget the third name, is one and the same person? Why do they have so many names, and when do you call them what???  If you just walk into the story, it can be very confusing!!!

I think this is already explained here by @gerrytan8063 just can't find....

As I remember, Yeoning is his given name. Yi Geum (sometimes spelled Lee Geum) is his royal name...  And Yeongjo his posthumous name as a king. Let's wait for our historian here to correct me if I have mistakes. 

Keep sharing your thoughts here. I love to read everyone's comments and reviews about Haechi. When I'm delayed to watch I read first here to spoil my self. LOL

@yoo1 @auntyem

"Can anyone tell me why these royal characters have multiple names? Yeoning, Yi Geum, and ? I forget the third name, is one and the same person? Why do they have so many names, and when do you call them what???  If you just walk into the story, it can be very confusing!!!"

The third name & at present moment Yi Geum is address by his title as Crown Prince (Seje Jeoha 세제저하, 世弟邸下, Heir apparent Brother) 

"I think this is already explained here......just can't find....

I wrote on the subject in page 15

@Lunkera @auntyem @gerrytan8063

2 hours ago, Lunkera said:

Actually i'm pretty sure his given name is Geum

yes, thanks. That's why I am not sure if there is mistake. I interchange this my bad! 

to make it clear: 

birth name: Yi Geum

prince name: Yeoning

posthumous name: Yeongjo

Address: Seje joha, if heir brother of the king, and seja joha if the crown prince is the son of king. [open to correction]

@gerrytan8063, Thank You for all your answers, I went back to the pages you referred to, to read your posts about the historical facts.  I wasn’t much of a history buff until recently, so I admire you for your knowledge!  It really helps to know the history to understand this drama.  Never thought I’d get into the political intrigue!  

I am suggesting to my husband that he watch this.....he usually watches Japanese dramas, and usually about the samurai.  He also likes Game of Thrones......so I think Haechi is up there in caliber, right?  Maybe even better!  At least Haechi doesn’t show all the sleeping around that goes on.....which is good, I don’t need to see that.  

@auntyem

"I am suggesting to my husband that he watch this.....he usually watches Japanese dramas, and usually about the samurai.  "

If your husband likes drama e.g. NHK Taiga Japanese dramas then I can recommend some Korean drama titles that have a similar flavour.

Try Jingbirok, Memoir of Imjin War (징비록 , 懲毖錄) - KBS 2015 - 50 episodes (70 mins), if he is similar with Japanese Sengoku period history (1467-1607) then he may enjoy this drama 

Archived