[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

This is kinda true. I can only view very few sbs drama clips on SBSdrama YT channel, the resy are blocked. I can watch clips on SBS now or SBS catch, but its not the actual drama clip, and usually edited. Huhuhu

Yes T. T even if you check in instagram where so many kdrama account post clips scene about the other dramas on going, but less about haechi.. This weeks rating of haechi seems go down a little from last week >. < 

I had the same concern as well in terms of how SBS promotes this drama. It's too restricted that's why there's no hype even from before it started. No wonder cable channels like JTBC and TVN are beating them in terms of dramas. 

2 hours ago, Few said:

This weeks rating of haechi seems go down a little from last week >. < 

The decrease in ratings is due to the fact that The Light In Your Eyes aired its final episodes this week. Hope we'll see an increase now that that drama finished.

In the preview, you will most likely hear this term 

Dae Ri Cheong Jeong (대리청정, 代理聽政)

It means that Crown Prince acts as Regent for an ailing King

There is 2 type of Regency in Joseon, the other is Su Ryeom Cheong Jeong (수렴청정,垂簾聽政) where Queen Dowager rules the country in Regency/Counsel on behalf of a Young King

In history, the Noron faction tried to push Crown Prince Yi Geum as Regent but opposed by Soron & became the political feud known as Sinim literati purges (신임사화, 辛壬士禍 1721-1722, combination of 1721 - 丑 & 1722 -寅).  

@yoo1

"Btw, Who have watched Yi San here? I heard the love story there is tragically great? Is that true? It's a drama written by Kim Yi Young aside from Dong Yi. Just for reference how is the romance was developed in there compared with Dong Yi and to Haechi."

Yi San is a drama of 77 episodes. Yi San's love interest Seong Seon Yeon is based on a historical figure, Royal Noble Consort Uibin of Changnyeong Seong clan & mother of Crown Prince Munhyo, so you have history "spoiler alert". It is the same applies to "Dong Yi" as you sort of know where it is leading to in history timeline.

Both of these drama are directed by the same PD 

Haechi will have the similar genre to Horse Doctor (마의 馬醫, written by Kim Yi Young 2012)

In Haechi, Cheon Yeoji is not based on a historical figure, so it is up to the scriptwriter's penship

48 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

The decrease in ratings is due to the fact that The Light In Your Eyes aired its final episodes this week. Hope we'll see an increase now that that drama finished.

Oh yes i hope so..

Just saw the last part of ep. 12 - can i just say - Prince Mil Poong is so ugly!... hahha

and what is wrong with Jung Ill woo's eyes - hmmm, looks like he got a flu.... going to watch the first part of  ep12 before commenting later :)

(watched Running Man's with theHeichi's cast yesterday night - Il Woo doesn't seemed to be enjoying himself much) .

Oh-kay...so I just finished watching episode 11 (or 21-22).  I know I said that I like this drama, but I never fully appreciated its depth until this episode.  

At first, while waiting for the english subs to come out, I spoiled myself a bit by checking out some clips over IG and most of them were of that infamous almost-kiss between Crown Prince Yeoning (yup.  I'm gonna address him properly now because the man truly deserves it. :)) and Yeo Ji.  So my expectations were a bit shallow in that I was all giddy and expectant for the YeoYeo moments. and pretty much nothing else. However, after watching the whole episode, the YeoYeo moment took a backseat.  

I have so many favorite scenes and it would take too long to write them down.  All I can say is that for me, this episode is one of the major defining moments of Crown Prince Yeoning.  It's the moment when he finally realizes his true motivations for wanting the throne and it doesn't have to do with having absolute power per se.  It's because with that power, he will have the means to help his people.  This episode is when he starts to really become the king, long before he even takes the throne.  

Damn.  This was one brilliant episode.  And if I wasn't convinced yet about what I've read about Jung Il Woo's skills as an actor, well, his performance in this episode has totally convinced me and I'm now a fan.  After this drama ends, I think I'll check out his "Return To Iljimae" and be on the lookout for his next project.  :)

ok.. the reason why i watched the later part of the episode earlier was because it was on TV and had a glimpse of it ... obviously the translated version online and the tv subs are different.... for example, the terms -headwind vs backfire - on the disaster that is to befell on YN due to Yi Tan's interference.

Even though it is supposed to follow history with real and fake characters, YN and YJ romance could be developed further if the writer wants to. With the 3 episodes that Go Ara is not going to be in, there wouldnt be much funny moments to be clueless about romance and perhaps they can get serious, without much thinking after her characters gets back to filming, haha.

Someone mentioned YJ could die protecting YN in the end, a sad possibility; lets just hope a happy ending can be made for the drama.

I cannot comment yet about eps 21-24 since I still don't have the time, but I am just glad that more people decided to join here and talk about this drama. I was quite sad at first because I only see the same names commenting on this and having discussions with, so I'm delighted to see new names :D. And my greetings may be late, but hello to y'all, chingus :kiss_wink:.

But if I may just comment regarding those who doesn't feel the chemistry bw YN and YJ, I won't disagree with you because we all have different perceptions. But I was very open from the beginning that I am team "YeoYeo" ^^. Cannot really explain it in details (blame English as a second language^^), but I know there wasn't much heart-pounding moments that we usually feel, however idk, I think it's just refreshing for me to see this type of a romance once again, this FL-who-is-oblivous-to-ML's-feelings and ML-who-doesn't-just-come-outright-and-confess-his-feelings-so-the-FL-will-understand. It's more of like a first-love concept. And Il Woo and Go Ara are doing a wonderful job in portraying that. So I do not think it's forced because we have seen the slow buildup of their relationship. We are halfway through and it is still sooo slooow. But that's just my opinion :D..so.

Ep 12 is a bit slower than 11, but it s still good.

Now YN has the support of Soron, but in history, Noron would support him. Thus i do not know how the drama would address this.

Regarding YN and YJ's relationship, i think that YJ has a strong feeling for YN. However she has not recognized that feeling as love.

YJ told YN that "she would go to the palace and protect him." We usually hear it from ML to FL and not another way around. It s very refreshing and interesting. Also, it can be YJ's fate at the end. She would die in protecting him.

YJ, MS and YN treasure their relationship. Thus, i do not think one of them would do any thing to change the current status unless they are sure about other's feeling.

You're not alone chingu. I like this kind of romance. First reason is that this drama is a saguk one. The second, YN is the Crown Prince. He really knows where their (he and YJ) road ends. YJ is not fool too. She says, "I thought that you have feeling for me, but it's imposible". I think she hopes but deep down, she understands that it can't be. I like the way she's straightforward in this conversation. So, because I'm not a fan of passionate romance with tears and all, ML and FL always are immersed in loves and do nothing else, I'm at YeoYeo side.

These lines are so good: "What if I'm a man before I'm a Crown Prince?" and "I like facing the same wind with you, even if you don't feel the same way I do".
And this is a symbol of feminism "I'm a female inspector before I'm a woman". Wow. 

Anyoung Chingus! It has been a while since I have been part of any thread :ph34r:.

I rarely watch Sageuks, but I am thoroughly enjoying Haechi! It is disappointing that the ratings are "low", however I think this drama is a great come back for Jung Il Woo. His last few projects had not been so great :mellow: (at least in my opinion)  however he has been outstanding here. I keep on admiring his stature when he is wearing those robes, he certainly commands a presence :D

I feel like the drama does a good job of allowing each and every character to be in the "spotlight". I enjoy how the show does not just place importance on just Yi Geum, and his ascension to the throne, but also gives credit to those around, good and bad, who helped him on this journey. I am no Korean-history buff, so I do not know how much of this reaslt happened, but purely from a drama point of view it is quite satisfying to watch.

I know Go Ara receives a lot of criticism for acting, whichever drama she acts in. I am not her greatest fan, but I always enjoy watching her. Even in Haechi she has short comings, however I do not think any other actress would be as convincing as a Damo (except for Ha Ji Won :D). 

Kwon Yul, how refreshing to see a more comical side to him :). Although I will be honest, his screaming has left me a bit frazzled :lol:, everytime I see his face turn red and veins popping. However his acting abilities were most poignant in those scenes where he comes almost "interrupted" Yi Geum and Yeo Ji and when he wonders about their relationship. It is very hard to read what he is thinking; is it concern, sadness, I guess we will find out soon enough!

Park Hoon, this is only the second drama I am seeing him in, why does he always have to be a tragic lover? :sweatingbullets: I hope he comes to his senses soon, before it's too late.

The main reason I wanted to be on the thread was to comment on Yeo Ji and Yi Geum's relationship. I am also, like some of you, enjoying it and I find it quite apt! 

Here is a "guy" who is in a loveless marriage, and as dictated by his position and the customs of the time, has to see and do things from a practical point of view. Like for instance when he explains to Yeo Ji about what a court lady would be expected to do. There was never a question of emotion or feeling. It's a pity we have not seen much interaction between him and his wife, but I guess this is a case of "the lesser said, the better". It would probably have made more sense for him to have fallen for Cho Hong, considering he actually confides in her. However even Cho Hong treats him as per his position, she aspires to "serve him". 

Yeo Ji on the other hand, is someone, so unlike what he is used to. She aspires to help him and "protect him". I am not surprised by her naivety. From what we have seen thus far, she has no female acquaintances, she is pretty much one of the guys and her profession does not allow much indulgence in being feminine. When Yi Geum held her hands, it definitely set her heart-a-flutter. However, unfortunately for her, she is surrounded by people who know no better! :rolleyes: It was quite sweet how she asked Yi Geum if he did not find her capable enough, and he responds with, you are more than capable!

As much as I do not want her to be a palace maid, however I hope it well help her discover herself, she seems so caught up in fighting justice and all, that I don't ever think she has ever stopped and breathed and felt...

Yi Geum was amused by Yeo Ji at first, however along the way amusement turned to attraction. Yeo Ji was cynical of Yi Geum but along the way cynicism turned to admiration. I am well aware historically there was no such love story, and there is a high chance of tragedy awaiting Yeo Ji, however I do hope something develops between these two characters :wub:

7 hours ago, oceluna said:
You're not alone chingu. I like this kind of romance. First reason is that this drama is a saguk one. The second, YN is the Crown Prince. He really knows where their (he and YJ) road ends. YJ is not fool too. She says, "I thought that you have feeling for me, but it's imposible". I think she hopes but deep down, she understands that it can't be. I like the way she's straightforward in this conversation. So, because I'm not a fan of passionate romance with tears and all, ML and FL always are immersed in loves and do nothing else, I'm at YeoYeo side.

These lines are so good: "What if I'm a man before I'm a Crown Prince?" and "I like facing the same wind with you, even if you don't feel the same way I do".
And this is a symbol of feminism "I'm a female inspector before I'm a woman". Wow. 

Really.. For me its kinda beautiful to see some affection of love like this.. And yes, crown prince yeoning is such a gentle here.. He didnt rush his feeling towards yeoji, instead he is like let his heart growing together with her and give her some room to do things on her own. And on yeoji's side.. Though sometimes it feels annoying how clueless a girl could be ^o^ (plus she ask the wrong person ah bong :D) she aware about her position related to YN.. So its really smooth progress beetwen these two..

And the other romance here is about DM and MP's woman, right? So she is DM's past love? 

@lexicon agree with you :) haechi is satisfiying to watch even maybe for me as a not korean people who not knows a lot about history is kinda hard to understand. Every plot scenes are worth to watch.

And yes how great those actors immerse their own characters!! Il Woo really has a good act as crown prince (soon to be king of joseon) it fit him well!

For go ara, her acting usually got some critics because her poker face? But dont know why i do love every drama she was in.. <3 

Kwon yul is no doubt is a great actor. He could express his character really all out.. his face, his mimic show it all.. 

But dont you notice in real life kwon yul is a quiet person? Compare to his character as MS :D

The same goes to Ara.. In real life Ara is really cheerfull girl compare to YJ character who always seems serious and stiff XD

I must say that, after episodes 11 and 12 (21 to 24), I am utterly convinced that this drama might very well be a highly-underrated masterpiece, with unexpectedly brilliant actors in its cast.  

From the time episode 11 began until the end of episode 12, I was going through a rollercoaster of emotions.  I was anxious for Yeoning when Min Jin Hun barged into the court with the young girl, but then my heart soared when he courageously stood his ground and covered the girl with his robe.  I felt for the girl and even felt as genuinely grateful to him as she was.  And I felt very proud of him when the people started to see in him the qualities that his father, King Sukjong, saw:  the kind that would make him a great king for Joseon.  

Of course, I also loved the moments between him and Yeo Ji, but I found them quite sad, especially when taken in the context of what's happening around them.  Yeoning, to me, looks at Yeo Ji as someone he's already lost.  It's like at the back of his mind, he knows that what he feels for Yeo Ji is just a wonderful dream that will never be. 

I'm a bit uneasy over Moon Soo's expression when he came upon them in that very intimate moment.  I'm not sure if he's jealous or worried.  I hope the writer and director don't go into the common second-male-lead-suddenly-falling-in-love-with-the-female-lead trope here.  I want Moon Soo to be the brother who's concerned over the emotional well-being of his big brother Yeoning and his little sister Yeo Ji.  For a change, I don't want him to suddenly see Yeo Ji as a woman and suddenly grow romantic feelings for her, just because he saw that Yeoning is in love with her.    I love Moon Soo and Yeo Ji's relationship as it is, and I think Yeo Ji needs him that way, as someone who cares deeply for her without any other motivation.  Someone she can lean on, because I don't see anything between her and Yeoning ending happily.

May I just give a special shoutout to Jung Il Woo, Jung Moon Sung, Park Hoon and Lee Kyoung Young in these last two episodes.  They were just so good!  I was so immersed in their acting that their real-life personas just disappeared.  Jung Il Woo looked really haggard and stressed and conflicted, as how Yeoning should be in these moments.   Jung Moon Sung is batshit insane and the way his eyes glint maniacally is just so real.  Park Hoon has suddenly become fragile and vulnerable.  And Lee Kyoung Young is just so terrifying and disgusting as a man who is utterly convinced of the superiority and righteousness of his position and his power.

I hope this drama continues to develop its characters well and tell a great story until its end.  Please don't drop the ball, writer-nim and PD-nim.  The viewers of Haechi are looking forward to great things from you.  :)   

Archived