[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@0ly40, thank you for starting the thread, and for all that you and others offer here.
Waving hi to other friends here:  @evie7, @angelangie, @hugo10, @gerrytan8063.

On 1/3/2019 at 8:31 PM, hugo10 said:

Jung Il Woo And Go Ara’s Upcoming Historical Drama Introduces Characters In New Trailer

@hugo10, I love all that you share with us about this drama and Jung Il-Woo!

English subbed teasers are already posted on KOCOWA.  (It may only be available for the N. America. I am not sure)

https://www.kocowa.com/episode/haechi-teaser-1/1316106

https://www.kocowa.com/episode/haechi-teaser-2/1316108

Teaser #2 blew my mind.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:24 PM, gerrytan8063 said:

Should be a great historical drama

Crown Prince Sohyeon's great grandson Prince Mil Pung Gun, Yi Tan (밀풍군 이탄) is making an appearance from the historical closet, giving a run for the throne as well

The drama covering the workings of Saheonbu (사헌부, 司憲府, Office of Inspector General) will be worth watching

Thank you @gerrytan8063. I love your illuminations, and your knowledge that you share with us. Glad to see you here.

On 1/11/2019 at 3:08 PM, spark101 said:

Wow, I like the look of things in the 2nd teaser. Looks like it'll be heavier than kim yi young's other works. This writer makes me unsure after hwajung(sorry to anyone here who liked it but it was my least favorite work from her...) but this looks really good. 

I totally agree with you about Hwajung.... Lets remember that Scriptwriter Kim Yi Young is also responsible for some excellent historical drama:  Horse Doctor,  Dong Yi, Lee San.

Also, PDnim Lee Yong-Seok was responsible for both Iljimae and The Great Seer. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Haechi stars Jung Il-woo as a problematic Prince Yeongjo on quest for justice

haehaechi4.jpg

New stills for upcoming sageuk Haechi have been released. From the descriptions, it sounds like a coming-of-age legal drama in a historical setting, with all the delicious royal intrigue and trappings of power typical in a sageuk. Jung Il-woo (High-End Crush) stars as a troublemaking Joseon prince who eventually learns about love and true friendship.

Read full article on Dramabeans

@irilight Lee San is amazing- by far her best work. With a few minor changes, she actually took a lot of it from the historical records(Annals of Joseon Dynasty), plus the romance of tastefully done- well incorporated and not just thrown in there to appeal to female audiences. Anyways, I rant- hopefully she can channel some of that energy into haechi. After that serious teaser I can't help but get my hopes up a bit. 

The video from script reading has been posted:

I have to say, I already like go ara better here than in hwarang, LOL. Sorry ara fans, that drama did not leave a good impression of her sageuk acting. Good thing haechi is probably already better than hwarang, with a very different vibe. 

On 1/18/2019 at 6:48 AM, spark101 said:

With a few minor changes, she actually took a lot of it from the historical records(Annals of Joseon Dynasty)

@spark101, thank you for this illumination...

On 1/18/2019 at 6:48 AM, spark101 said:

I have to say, I already like go ara better here than in hwarang, LOL

I only watched a couple of episodes of Hwarang , and dropped it. It felt like a sageuk tailored for teens.
I did like Go Ara in Ms. Hammourabi...
I have high hopes for Haechi...

c18bf53f4aec4806b428e019b1d0d065.jpeg?s=

Spoiler

Jung Il Woo Reveals What Changed After Cerebral Aneurysm Diagnosis

On January 21, Jung Il Woo attended a press conference for the new Monday-Tuesday historical drama “Haechi.” The actor said, “Yeong Jo is someone who had many ups and downs in his life. However, I’ve never had that big of a curve in life. The most shocking that ever happened to me was when I was diagnosed with a cerebral aneurysm.”

It was belatedly reported that Jung Il Woo was diagnosed with a cerebral aneurysm in 2017. A cerebral aneurysm is a weakened blood vessel wall that results in an enlarged artery. Rupture and bleeding caused by an aneurysm may cause a stroke, coma, or result in death.

At the time, the agency stated that the actor received the diagnosis following a car accident in 2006. Despite being able to receive exemption from compulsory enlistment, the actor still enlisted as a public service worker and was discharged last year.

Jung Il Woo continued, “Even the doctors said they weren’t sure how soon I was going to die. It felt like a ticking time bomb. But after the diagnosis, I was able to change the way I look at life. You only get one chance at life, so I wanted to make the most of every day. I realized that it is okay to enjoy life and comfortably show people who I really am.”

He concluded, “I think Lee Geum (Jung Il Woo’s character in ‘Haechi’) is similar to me in the way that he also finds his motivation to live after going through a big incident.”

“Haechi” is a historical drama about Prince Yeoning (Jung Il Woo), a prince who cannot become the king. Since he was born from a common woman, he is not welcomed anywhere despite being born a genius with a brilliant mind and sharp sense of judgement.

“Haechi” will premiere on February 11 at 10 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser here!

source

216f05db5a174c9a880a2162e5507ea3.jpeg?s=

Jung Il Woo Reveals Why He Chose “Haechi” As His Comeback Drama

Jung Il Woo recently shared his thoughts on why he joined SBS’s upcoming drama “Haechi.”

On January 21, a press conference was held for the new Monday-Tuesday historical drama “Haechi.” Jung Il Woo, who was discharged from the military on November 30, attended the event and stated, “During my military service, I thought a lot about various projects, and had many worries.”

He continued, “‘Scriptwriter Kim Yi Young’s ‘Haechi’ was different from the usual stories about [King Yeong Jo] that have been handled before. I chose ‘Haechi’ because its story about the young King Yeong Jo is one that hasn’t been told before, and it appealed to me.”

Jung Il Woo then stated, “While reading the script, scriptwriter Kim Yi Young told me a backstory. She told me, ‘I think you’re good at being sarcastic and teasing people.’ There are many scenes like that in the drama, so she complimented me. I also acted drunk on the first day of shooting, and the director said, ‘I think you’re the best when it comes to drunk acting.’ I tried to approach and immerse myself in my character.”

“Haechi” is a historic drama about Prince Yeoning (Jung Il Woo), a prince who cannot become the king. Because he is a prince born from a common woman, he is not welcomed anywhere despite being born a genius with a brilliant mind and sharp sense of judgement. Jung Il Woo will be acting alongside Go Ara and Kwon Yool.

“Haechi” will be the follow-up project to “My Strange Hero” and premieres on February 11 at 10 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser here!

source

b7a97201c1704d54bd83b7010b105f35.jpeg?s=

Watch: Jung Il Woo, Go Ara, And Kwon Yool Build An Alliance In New Teaser For “Haechi”

SBS’s “Haechi” has released their third teaser video!

“Haechi” is a historic fusion drama about Prince Yeoning (played by Jung Il Woo), a prince who cannot become the king. Because he was born from a common woman, he is not welcomed anywhere despite being born a genius with a brilliant mind and sharp sense of judgement.

In the beginning scenes, Prince Yi Tan (played by Jung Moon Sung) tells Prince Yeoning, “I’m the successor to Prince Sohyeon,” claiming the throne to be originally his. However, Prince Yeoining coolly retaliates, saying whoever claims the throne first is the one that will become the King.

The teaser video also shows the meeting between Prince Yeoning, Yeo Ji (played by Go Ara), and Park Moon Soo (played by Kwon Yool). Prince Yeoning and Park Moon Soo, who meet at a testing site, are being chased. Even from their first meeting, Park Moon Soo easily approaches Prince Yeoning saying, “Should we become brothers?” This scene is then followed by multiple fighting scenes, including that of Yeo Ji who fiercely takes on multiple opponents at once.

When the three come together, Prince Yeoning says with fierce determination, “There may be something I have to do with you two,” hinting at their future cooperation to help make Prince Yeoning the King.

The trailer ends with Prince Yeoning charismatically saying, “The law will reveal fairness to the people,” making viewers excited to watch Prince Yeoning’s tumultuous rise to the throne in the midst of a fierce battle for power.

“Haechi” will premiere on February 11 at 10 p.m. KST following the end of “My Strange Hero.”

Check out the new teaser below!

source

Like I said earlier, I was super skeptical about this one because of trust issues with the writer(but keeping an eye peeled b/c of my soft spot for yi san, lol), but now the 3rd teaser has backed up my growing excitement after the 2nd. Really like the politics-heavy tone of this one- looks like it'll be more focused on that aspect and not as much fluffy romance. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate romance in sageuks period, but for epic sageuks(not talking about the miniseries kind like moonlight drawn by clouds and 100DMP where fluffy romance is the main premise)  I really need the romance to be tastefully done and be more than a cheap draw for female audiences. Of course we've been promised romance here as well, but it doesn't seem to be as big of a focus like it was in dong yi(which i know many people enjoyed as did I, but I've seen better from kim yi young). If the romance aspect turns out to be good like in yi san, that'll be a bonus. Someone stop me before I get my hopes up too high, lol. 

3 hours ago, spark101 said:

Really like the politics-heavy tone of this one- looks like it'll be more focused on that aspect and not as much fluffy romance. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate romance in sageuks period, but for epic sageuks(not talking about the miniseries kind like moonlight drawn by clouds and 100DMP where fluffy romance is the main premise)  I really need the romance to be tastefully done and be more than a cheap draw for female audiences.

@spark101, I second your opinion. I really want the focus to be on the drama, and what is happening historically, rather than make it a fluff romance.

~~~~~~~

8ca90d63b41c4995a44af97d10af5033.jpeg?s=

Jung Il Woo Locks Eyes With Go Ara In Upcoming Historical Drama “Haechi”

SBS’s “Haechi” has released the first stills of Jung Il Woo and Go Ara!

“Haechi” is a historic fusion drama starring Jung Il Woo as the problematic Prince Yeoning, a prince who cannot become the king. Because he was born from a common woman, he is not welcomed anywhere despite being born a genius with a brilliant mind and sharp sense of judgement. Furthermore, Go Ara will take on the role of Yeo Ji who is a fierce female inspector working for the government.

In the released stills, Jung Il Woo and Go Ara are shown facing each other. Jung Il Woo is standing in front of Go Ara, who is wearing a topknot and dressed in male clothing, as if to block her path. Viewers are curious to find out why Go Ara is looking at Jung Il Woo with a guarded expression as Jung Il Woo gives her a meaningful smile. In particular, viewers are excited to find out what kind of relationship the two will develop as sparks fly from their piercing eye contact.

Haechi3.jpg

Even from the first filming, Jung Il Woo and Go Ara had to portray a lot of emotions using only their eyes. The two actors could be found monitoring their scenes after each filming, showcasing their intense focus on their roles. They also received a lot of praise when Jung Il Woo skillfully portrayed ambitious Prince Yeoning’s confident gaze and Go Ara perfectly digested her role by showcasing her character’s strong gaze.

“Haechi” will premiere on February 11 at 10 p.m. KST following the end of “My Strange Hero.” 

source

i love the posters! especially that Go Ara is in the center.

@spark101

i feel you. i have alot of expectations and with every teaser it only grows. and since this one is more political, i think IF we got a romance we'll be very subtle. which is what i wish. plus Go Ara looks super great at the poster s and teaser. Jung Il woo even mentioned she had to lear other languages as well to prepare.

i know Jung Il woo is popular and mostly of his fandom prob wants him getting shirless or some fluffly romance.  but i feel like before, he got trapped a little bit in roles that dont let him show much of how great he is in drama. maybe now, after the military service, he'll get more of it.  The Return of Iljimae is for me one of his finests roles, followed by 49 days. kind of hope he'll doing more roles like these ones.

as for the writer, Kim Yi-young,

i only watched Horse Doctor and currently i'm seeing Dong Yi. and i personally like how she written females characters.

(i read that ppl didnt like Hwajung, tho.)

the only thing that i wish more than ever is that we get more females roles. so far only Go Ara appears as the main. i saw another one, that i can remember.

also, i'm confused: how many eps will be? i first read 24. then 32 now 48.

sorry for the long post.

2 hours ago, mari_may said:

i love the posters! especially that Go Ara is in the center.

@spark101

i feel you. i have alot of expectations and with every teaser it only grows. and since this one is more political, i think IF we got a romance we'll be very subtle. which is what i wish. plus Go Ara looks super great at the poster s and teaser. Jung Il woo even mentioned she had to lear other languages as well to prepare.

i know Jung Il woo is popular and mostly of his fandom prob wants him getting shirless or some fluffly romance.  but i feel like before, he got trapped a little bit in roles that dont let him show much of how great he is in drama. maybe now, after the military service, he'll get more of it.  The Return of Iljimae is for me one of his finests roles, followed by 49 days. kind of hope he'll doing more roles like these ones.

as for the writer, Kim Yi-young,

i only watched Horse Doctor and currently i'm seeing Dong Yi. and i personally like how she written females characters.

(i read that ppl didnt like Hwajung, tho.)

the only thing that i wish more than ever is that we get more females roles. so far only Go Ara appears as the main. i saw another one, that i can remember.

also, i'm confused: how many eps will be? i first read 24. then 32 now 48.

sorry for the long post.

Well as a historical set in 18th c. Joseon, it's only logical that most of the cast would be male. 

Dong Yi was honestly too cinderella-ish for me but it had its strong points that made it a hit. I caught up horse doctor pretty late and was surprised how much I liked it. And yes, kim yi young tends to do a decent job writing the female characters so they're not weak or useless. And looks like from the description go ara's character is said to be capable, so I just hope it's a step up from her previous sageuk performances. 

It's 48 30-minute episodes. 2 episodes are aired back-to-back a day. 24 hours running time in total. So roughly half the length of kim yi young's past dramas, which I think will be an advantage since she sometimes tends to drag things on too much(one of her main weaknesses as a writer). 

Archived