[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

@gerrytan8063

Thanks for your wonderful post. Your information enrich the watching experience so much.

Several more questions if you do not mind to explain:

1. is it possible for gisaeng like Yoon Yoeng becomes queen consort?

2. how does civil exam in Joseon work? How is Moon Soo sure that if he passes the exam he would work at Saheonbu and not another department? Does Minister of Personnel assign jobs for those who pass the exam?

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Oh wow..so it's like this is the third time she's injured in the same leg?  Well, third's time a charm ^^...just trying to be very optimistic about her condition. But during the Reply 1994 drama, did it affect her scenes? Am sure it was okay since she doesn't need to do any action scenes, so Haechi is an exception though since she has to on some parts. Yeah, we need OTP scenes from now on to heal our hearts :D.

IIRC, Go Ara injured herself at the end of the drama; thus it did not cause any delay in filming.

To be optimistic, any time she has accident on set, she always gets recognized for her acting. So i hope it will be the same this time. 

@star2010

"1. is it possible for gisaeng like Yoon Yoeng becomes queen consort?"

Not in history, but the closes will be Jang Nok Su, Consort to Yeonsangun (reign from 1494-1506), she was a gisaeng & was rank 3rd rank Su Yong (정3품 소용 正三品 昭容)

"2. how does civil exam in Joseon work? How is Moon Soo sure that if he passes the exam he would work at Saheonbu and not another department? Does Minister of Personnel assign jobs for those who pass the exam?"

I am sure that the newly investiture Crown Prince has "pull strings" for Park Mun Su to be in Saheonbu.

With regards to Civil Examination read up on Gwageo (과거,科擧 or in China it is the Imperial Examination 科举)

Speedy recovery Go Ara.... you know, since she cant walk properly, maybe the script can change and she is indeed interred as YN's concubine (cant go directly up on the ranks, right)/or bodyguard - hence, less running and in and around the palace guarding that big gate... heheh... Earlier discussion mentioned that, is it possible that YN is still a virgin??? :D Is that what is implied with the 'weird' feelings he had for YJ? B)

Kwon Yul, I'm still reminded of that nasty lawyer in Whisper. Haha, its just a 360degree turn for him, from being a cold, calculated, corrupt and murderer, to the person who holds justice in Haechi. :D

13 hours ago, Yahna said:

Episode 8 (15-16) is really intense and I felt all the emotions, plus so much happenings in just one hour hehe, anyway these are my fave scenes in that episode:

- When Dal moon agreed to join and walk the same path with Prince Yeoning

- All yeoyeo couple scenes especially when Yeoji said to YN that "it is fortunate that Im the one who got hurt, not you"

- the scene when the king confronts Yeoning about his true intentions to be the king, and YN requesting him to indict him for treason, if he thinks that way

- the announcement of King's guards that prince Yeoning is the crown prince, the emotions of all the cast esp. the prince are perfect, I nearly cried in that scene 

:heart:

thank you for listing. I actually had a hard time to choose my favorite scene in the latest episodes. I very much love every piece of it. 

2 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Speedy recovery Go Ara.... you know, since she cant walk properly, maybe the script can change and she is indeed interred as YN's concubine (cant go directly up on the ranks, right)/or bodyguard - hence, less running and in and around the palace guarding that big gate... heheh... Earlier discussion mentioned that, is it possible that YN is still a virgin??? :D Is that what is implied with the 'weird' feelings he had for YJ? B)

Kwon Yul, I'm still reminded of that nasty lawyer in Whisper. Haha, its just a 

I also watched lets fight ghost when Kwol Yul is killer.. Too scary when he excited to kill in that drama.. Now I feel cute and look innocent.. I also love brothers relationship.. Hope continue like this dont be love triangel.. Please... 

4 hours ago, star2010 said:

To be optimistic, any time she has accident on set, she always gets recognized for her acting. So i hope it will be the same this time. 

:):kiss_wink:Hope so. She deserves it for her dedication in her acting job. 

But, well she is recognized in Miss Hammurabi, too! And the role gave her a nomination in APAN. She is very good in that drama too. 

Cheering for go ara and praying for a speedy recovery!! I love how not only she is so hard working and does her own stunts, but has lately been taking upon such empowering female roles. It breaks my heart to hear about this injury because she doesn’t deserve this after all her hard work :bawling:

I could see the writers taking this two ways, either have her in some kind of fight scene or something where her leg gets injured to justify why she may be limping in future scenes. And/or she gets such a higher up position in the place that she’s in charge of the guards/damo without having to do field work herself, so she’s kinda the one ordering the people on ground to do the manual labor and leg work, pun intended.

of course I don’t want the actress to exert herself at the expense of my selfish desire to see her   In the show, but I do really hope that the worse case scenario doesn’t happen where she leaves the whole show overall.

17 hours ago, Yahna said:

- the announcement of King's guards that prince Yeoning is the crown prince, the emotions of all the cast esp. the prince are perfect, I nearly cried in that scene 

This is my favourite scene!

The emotion, the feels... were all on point that I thought i was part of them and has been smiled upon by the crown prince and tears just rolled down my cheeks.:joy:

Now that YN is Crown Prince...

I guess we all have to brace our heart for more allegations,  more schemes coming.

Just please... none of them should die or be sacrificed.

I mean.. 3 were dead already to make YN determined to be King.. let's not increase the number unless they are the villians?

As for Go Ara.. wishing her speedy recovery and hope it will not affect her.

The show will not be the same without her and I hope they will not end up writing her as a damsel in distress because of her injury.

That will suck so much!

If that happen.

I would very much like to smack the writer like YJ did to MS! Lol

Haechi-Episode-13-14-2.gif

(Credits to @lightbringer06 for this beautifully captured moment!)

12 hours ago, star2010 said:

That is actually a very good way to put it^^. Me too, I hope it will be. Let some miracles happen :).

Just like @philosophie, I wish the writer will make use of her injury as an advantage, make some revisions to cater to her condition but not actually cutting her screentime less, until she can do some action scenes herself. Her character is a very significant one so I still will believe in the writer. As long as she doesn't actually leave the show.

@Yahna Funny how you actually found it in VIU Philippines..ha ha..are you perhaps from there as well?

History lesson

Haechi1314-00408.jpg

Daesaheon Yi Yi Gyeom ( 이이겸) & Prime Minister Kim Chang Jung (김창중)

Daesaheon Yi Yi Gyeom is loosely based on historical figure Yi Yi Myeong (이이명,李頤命 1658 - 1722)

Prime Minister Kim Chang Jung is loosely based on historical figure Kim Chang Jib (김창집 ,金昌集, 1648 - 1722)

I don't know whether the drama have downplay Shinimsahwa (신임사화, 辛壬士禍, Literati Purge of 1721) but in history Yi Yi Myeong & Kim Chang Jib were the casualties 

Please note that Daesaheon Yi Yi Gyeom's Mandarin Square (흉배, 胸背) is Haechi

Related image

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

Yahna Funny how you actually found it in VIU Philippines..ha ha..are you perhaps from there as well?

Haha @lightbringer06 actually I am a Filipino fan of Il Woo and I have watched all his kdramas so when I read that Kwon Yul had an appearance in my Fair Lady, I remembered that he had a scene with a handsome guy that will sue the leading lady and character of il woo is a lawyer, so I think I guessed it right that its kwon yul, and looked for the video hehe

Can't wait for this week's episode! You know it's a good drama when so much progress has been made but it also just feels like the real start of things. (and because of this I try to remain positive about haechi gaining recognition ratings-wise- still 16 more 1-hr episodes to go, which is crazy!)

To look on the bright side of go ara's injuries, it's a relief that she's not one of the real-life historical characters- they could probably write her character as going off on an investigation, and then have her "come back"(aka she can film again after her recovery) in a later episode. Don't misunderstand, I love her character, involvement, and it absolutely sucks she's injured but it would realistically be harder to work with, say, park moon soo/kwon yul not being able to appear for an episode or so. Also, it's longer running than a miniseries so that helps in reworking the minor plot progression. 

giphy.gif

I never imagine I'd be so looking forward to Mondays^~^. So excited for tonight. I really need some other dramas to distract myself from Haechi while waiting for it. I decided to start Goodbye My Princess since there's lots of heartbreaks in there, it seems, to prepare myself for any heartbreak this drama may bring. So I would be too immune by then B).

Are there any big events in Korea happening during Mondays or Tuesdays that may cause any delay for the airing of dramas?...ha ha...I just want to give my girl Ara some more time for her recovery :kiss_wink:.

18 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

History lesson

Daesaheon Yi Yi Gyeom ( 이이겸) & Prime Minister Kim Chang Jung (김창중)

Daesaheon Yi Yi Gyeom is loosely based on historical figure Yi Yi Myeong (이이명,李頤命 1658 

Thank you very much for the history lesson. As always, we'll gain more information and facts about the historical figures and events from your explanation. 

Archived