[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

You are prince..but everyone say you will not be king..:tears: 

My heart is broken when hear it..but I know the prince will make its as challenge to become the powerfull king..

My summary in episode 13..:rolleyes:

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, oceluna said:

I can't wait to watch tonight episode. It's not that YJ will die soon, right? I prepare to see this happens, but I hope at the end of the drama, not now.

I'm also open to this, although it really hurts just to think she will die in the end. I hope not. But if she lives, I guess they'll be apart because she can't be a queen, and for a woman with talent and skills like her, she can't be just a consort. Unless she is a real figure like Dong Yi who's done an important role in the palace. 

3 hours ago, oceluna said:

I wonder what's the hint of the scene where YJ and DM collide to each other in the street.

Maybe their past are connected... We don't have Yeoji's background yet aside from she's with the Han family. And also DM's is a mystery as well. 

On 3/4/2019 at 3:19 AM, star2010 said:

Like others, i appreciate YJ so much. She is smart and mature and good fighter

I love the way she is. Be like this until the end. 

On 3/4/2019 at 5:24 AM, angelangie said:

hmmmm i havent started on this....is this any good from those that had been watching? :) i like jung il woo :) 

and the team of the stories does seems to appeal to me :) 

This is perfect for Ilwoo lovers because the story focuses on him. 

21 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I'm surprised by the pace of this story. I had thought that YN wouldn't become the heir so soon!:wub: 

Yeah, plenty of things happen while he's crown prince, so this is pretty on track. But yeah, the pacing is incredible and having this be 24 eps rather than something like 50 was a good decision. (although I'm not sure if they had the budget to risk investing in 50 eps to begin with anyways)

4 hours ago, yoo1 said:

I'm glad the love line is not rushed. Ep13-14 confirms that YN doesn't realized he's falling for YJ. His concern for her for the past year is the same with PMS. And from now, I can relax and enjoy how their romance would bloom. Jung ilwoo and Go Ara's chemistry is really something....

BTW, is Yi Tan a real figure? He is scary. Kudos to the actor Jung Moon Sung! 

Yi Tan is a real figure although he was not as crazy as he is in this drama.

Go Ara mostly has good chemistry with her co-stars, and she and JIW worked together before, so they can generate nice chemistry. However, this is a traditional sageuk, and not fusion saguek or historical romance drama, thus, YJ and YN's relationship will not (i hope) the main focus. 

49 minutes ago, spark101 said:

Yeah, plenty of things happen while he's crown prince, so this is pretty on track. But yeah, the pacing is incredible and having this be 24 eps rather than something like 50 was a good decision. (although I'm not sure if they had the budget to risk investing in 50 eps to begin with anyways)

Yup, do not think they have a budget to film 50 eps, and this is a good thing as the story will move faster.

IIRC, at the press conference, they said they finished filming 8 eps, so they will start live-filming soon. I hope they will keep up with the quality so far.

2 minutes ago, star2010 said:

Go Ara mostly has good chemistry with her co-stars, and she and JIW worked together before, so they can generate nice chemistry. However, this is a traditional sageuk, and not fusion saguek or historical romance drama, thus, YJ and YN's relationship will not (i hope) the main focus. 

It is not the main focus... He can not even hold her hand yet, while DM has already caught on about his feelings. He gave him the medicine without YN had asked him for, if I understood it correctly.

4 hours ago, star2010 said:

I tried doing my own research, but I can't seem to find anything regarding Yi Tan or Prince Mil Poong. Is that even his name from the history? ^_^

And btw, to any Korean historians out there, do you know why they normally change their names when they become the king, like Yi Geum/Yeoning, for example, where it was later changed to King Yeongjo, and his grandson Yi San, changed to Jeongjo who proceeded as the next king.

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

I tried doing my own research, but I can't seem to find anything regarding Yi Tan or Prince Mil Poong. Is that even his name from the history? ^_^

And btw, to any Korean historians out there, do you know why they normally change their names when they become the king, like Yi Geum/Yeoning, for example, where it was later changed to King Yeongjo, and his grandson Yi San, changed to Jeongjo who proceeded as the next king.

I  m not an expert in Korean history, so maybe someone around here can give more details about Yi Tan

Ep 8 moves so quick. Two things i appreciate about this drama are that (1) the royal brothers are very supportive each other and (2) queen dowager is so loyal to her husband and the royal family and does not over steep her duties. I hate it so much when other dramas portray most queen dowagers as political power hungers.

I get such a kick out of dramas with plotting officials. I love all the scenes of all the people of each political faction gathering at night and scheming, lol. Some people hate sageuks for this reason but the plotting old geezers are the best part! The drama over yi geum becoming crown prince was everything. Every episode is legendary. Seriously, forget 10%, this is the kind of drama that is only logical to pass 20% and get recognized for all the wonderful supporting actors and rich sageuk theme. 

Edit: Okay, I kind of love cho-hong. She was just like ? when yi geum's valet was like, "you have to get ready to enter the palace" and she was still ?? and he said, "the crown prince's concubine is called so hoon." and she was still like, "what does that have to do with me??" she likes him but has absolutely no expectations, bless. If she does die during the shinim purge, I'm going to be bawling like a baby. His wife on the other hand- flying about making sure she has all her nice things. :D I don't dislike her at all though; probably because they were betrothed at like, 10 years old and didn't have a say in the matter, lol. 

And dal moon proving every time he's the absolute best, already catching on that yi geum is interested in yeo ji, lol. 

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

Yes, yi tan and milpoong is his real name (personal/given name and title name, respectively). As previously stated, he was not actually crazy/evil in real life. Crown Prince sohyun's descendants were kinda pitiful, actually. 

Yeongjo, Jeongjo, etc are temple names- they're given posthumously, after they've passed. Yeonsan-gun never received a temple name because he was overthrown. Gwanghae-gun was also not given one as he was was deposed in a coup d'etat. 

It's another great episode. Although like all of you here, i'm surprised that it's so fast that YN gain his crown prince so soon. But I'm eagerly waiting for their new adventures. It seems that YJ will work with DM to support YN. And still there are lots of obstacles in their way. It's so interesting.

Btw, I'm surprised that our charming prince is still so innocent in romance hahaha. They all say that he's something like notorious womanizer. But not. At first I'm a little confused why he's still shy when applying medicine to YJ. But after watching with sub, I get it clearly. As someone mentioned here before, his relationship with JH is platonic. Our prince is not more experienced in romance than our female inspector at all. Hahaha.

6 hours ago, spark101 said:

As expected, the ratings did go up. :)  6.6, 7.9

Still too low for a drama this good. I hope people spread the word and we see double digits next week, fingers crossed! 

Glad the ratings were up, but so as the other dramas...

Tough rivalry...

But I wonder why I can't Google anything about Yi Tan..lol. I was trying to find any reference but can't find one.

1 hour ago, oceluna said:

Btw, I'm surprised that our charming prince is still so innocent in romance hahaha. They all say that he's something like notorious womanizer. But not. At first I'm a little confused why he's still shy when applying medicine to YJ. But after watching with sub, I get it clearly. As someone mentioned here before, his relationship with JH is platonic. Our prince is not more experienced in romance than our female inspector at all. Hahaha.

Yeah. Actually I guess that is because this will be the first time he actually like someone of the opposite gender.

Their eyes.

The look between them....

Oh... sizzling!

So I'm gonna prepare myself for heartbreak right?

@lightbringer06

"I tried doing my own research, but I can't seem to find anything regarding Yi Tan or Prince Mil Poong. Is that even his name from the history? "

I wrote on Prince Mipunggun Yi Tan (밀풍군 이탄, 密豊君 李坦 1698-1729on page 7 on this forum

He is the Crown Prince Sohyeon Yi Wang 's (소현세자 이왕, 昭顯世子 李汪, 1612 – 1645) great grandson

Injo & his Crown Prince were not in the best of terms especially after the Crown Prince return from his study tour to Manchuria/political hostage to the Qing, later Injo towards his daughter in law Crown Princess Minhoe (1611-1646, Sukjong reinstated her Crown Princess status in 1718, depicted in the drama). Injo charge his daughter in law for treason thus making her sons void to succeed the throne. Injo exile & killed 2 out of 3 Crown Princess Minhoe's son.

Prince Milpunggun Yi Tan descend from Crown Princess Minhoe's youngest son Prince Gyeongangun Yi Hoe (경안군 이회, 慶安君 李檜, 1644 - 1665)

Injo made Grand Prince Bongrim, his 2nd son as Crown Prince & later succeed Injo as Hyojong. Sukjong, Gyeongjong & Yeongjo are from his lineage

The 2013 Jbtc drama Cruel palace - War of Flower (궁중잔혹사 – 꽃들의 전쟁) is one of the best depiction

"And btw, to any Korean historians out there, do you know why they normally change their names when they become the king, like Yi Geum/Yeoning, for example, where it was later changed to King Yeongjo, and his grandson Yi San, changed to Jeongjo who proceeded as the next king.

Take an example on Yeongjo

Given name Yi Geum (이금, 李昑)

Infant name: Hui Su (禧壽), his elder brother from the same mother was Prince Yeongsu (永壽)

At the age 5 investiture with Princedom Prince Yeoning (연잉군, 延礽君) 

When reign as King, he is just known as The King (Jeonha, 전하 殿下).

It is treasonous to address the King by his given name

When he dies, he is given a temple name (묘호, 廟號) Yeongjo (영조,英祖) & history will known him by this name

Other names that Yeongjo bears

Pen-name (호, 號) Yang Seong Heon (양성헌,養性軒)

Courtesy name (자, 字): Gwangsuk (광숙, 光叔)

@bebebisous33 Thank you!

@gerrytan8063 Oh, there you are! :D I might have forgotten about it from the previous posts cause I think I was overwhelmed at that time with all the names, as I am not familiar with who is who from the history...lol. Okay, so wait, maybe this is the one thing I miss and confused about, how is Yeoning and Yi Tan related..are they blood related?

On another note..here's a little IG update from Go Ara^-^...

Those eyes are just...mesmerizing every time.

Archived