[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

@lightbringer06 yes, they seem lack of promo for Haechi. Bts is one best way to promote the drama. What are they doing? lol. 

58 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

@yoo1 I think it was an article from Soompi where it was stated she's doing scenes without a double. I just wasn't sure if she can do side flip, I know she's pretty flexible too.

Oh, it's in Soompi. Or maybe I read that in raw article from sbs. I forgot LOL. About the side flip, maybe she can with wire. In Pacemaker she did back flip with wire, so maybe she can do the side flip? Now I want that bts more. :blush:

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So while waiting for the bts of this week's episodes...let me just share some bts from the previous ones..if it wasn't already shared :D.

ctto

@yoo1 I haven't seen Pacemaker. Then I think she might have been the one who did the side flip, I hope that would be in the bts. Or if not, at least the fight scenes. I'd love to see a bts of that one too. I think I may have to start stalking to see when these videos will come out :relieved:. It appears sbs only releases one bts vid for the week..sigh.

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

I'm not sure what version I am watching. Can you tell me the difference?^^

This is VIU version:

<ep 11, around 26:00>

YN to his servant: Mun Su failed to pass the exam, Ja Dong. Regardless of how hard he tried, he wasn't able to overcome the irregularities of the exam. However, Mun Su will be given another chance... just like how I was given another chance thanks to her. But until then, I need to take care of this on my own.

<ep 11, around 30:00>

YN to CH:  Please make sure Yeo Ji doesn't suffer. She behaves and talks differently...compared to other normal women. So it'll be hard for her to get by.

CH: Why don't you meet her and resolve the misunderstanding? It seems like she's resenting you.

YN: Seeing each other will only end up hurting us even more.

CH: Then just forget about her. If you do that, you'll at least feel at ease.

YN: I'd love to do that, but I can't stop thinking about her. I want to forget about her. I really do.

====================

Viki version:

<ep 11, around 26:00>

YN: Moon Soo could not pass the test, after all, Ja Dong. No matter how hard he tried, he could not overcome the long-standing dishonest practice related to the civil service exam.

But Moon Soo will find a path, just as he had opened a path for me. Until such time, this work must be undertaken wholly by me.

<ep 11, around 30:00>

YN: Please ease things for Yeo Ji. Her actions and words are different from those of ordinary women, so she is a bit of a bungler with the ways of the world.

CH: Why not meet her and fix her misunderstanding? She seems to resent you.

YN: Seeing each other will be painful for both of us.

CH: Then just forget. If you pretend to not know, at least your mind will be at ease.

YN: I want to do that, but my feelings just won't stop.I want to forget her...I really want to, but...

========================

I think that the problem is that the previous scene when YN mentions the he/she opens the path for him, the following scene can be read differently.

If the one opens the path for him is MS, his feeling for YJ is more guilt and platonic.

But if the one opens the path for him is YJ, then you can see that his feeling is more romantic.

I don't know, that is what i read from 2 versions. People can read it differently.

@star2010 thank you.

i havent being able to watch with viki, but it look better.

i prefer "ordinary women", than "normal women". idk why, but it sounds better and not that he is putting down others.

i'm  as well puzzled with it's "her" or "he".

what i observe since they met - and maybe is just me -  is that he deeply admires her. theres is a curiosity of both want to know each other.

in the last episode when they fight together she said something like that; "i want to know about you". it was straightforward. just like in the first time they met after a year :"its not your business". Yeo-ji wants to help so Yeongjo either tells or she alone will dig until find. and she's not a damsel in distress: she's a damo and we and him already saw what is she can do. more, she's witty, focused and yes a little bit clueless but with things that she doesnt have time to think. (i'm now wonder with YG never heard or saw a damo).

it's not that YG despise the "ordinary" or "normal" women. he knows very well they're expected to live under social pressures of the time and face the worst when the requires are no fulfilled such being a low born too. so when he meets Yeo-Ji who choose a different path - we hope to see more of it - he's enchanted.

2 hours ago, star2010 said:

========================

I think that the problem is that the previous scene when YN mentions the he/she opens the path for him, the following scene can be read differently.

If the one opens the path for him is MS, his feeling for YJ is more guilt and platonic.

But if the one opens the path for him is YJ, then you can see that his feeling is more romantic.

I don't know, that is what i read from 2 versions. People can read it differently.

Okay, I checked and I'm watching the VIU version. And according to you, you prefer the VIU version, is that right?

This too is somewhat vague to me...

20190302-124315.png

20190302-124349.png

Since Yeoning used the word 그아이 (geu ai), which can also mean "that child", this can actually be interpreted into two things, we don't know for sure who he might be referring to here. Her/him can either be both used ^_^. This is sometimes the problem with languages that do not have a distinction b/w their her/him...lol.

However, right after that scene, we had this one..

20190302-130345.png

So yeah, a lil confusing there.

@mari_may Ha ha...it's actually thanks to my phone. It already has that option where I can directly make gifs out of my videos^^. You can try some apps too :D.

@mari_may @star2010 @lightbringer06 

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

Since Yeoning used the word 그아이 (geu ai), which can also mean "that child"), this can actually be interpreted into two things, we actually don't know who he was referring to here. Her/him can either be both used ^_^. This is sometimes the problem with languages that do not have a distinction b/w their her/him...lol.

Logically I would say this refers to Moonsu. Because it was him who "opened the path/chance" for Yeoning. It is Moonsu who has believed in him first, and tried to convince him to take a stand for a witness against Yi Tan. 

viu

YN: I'd love to do that, but I can't stop thinking about her. I want to forget about her. I really do.

viki

YN: I want to do that, but my feelings just won't stop.I want to forget her...I really want to, but...

By examining both versions, I believe the translators have the same interpretation - that YN has romantic feelings for Yeoji. In Viu, the dialogue about Moonsu, the translator chose "her" (assuming it is his love for Yeoji that opens a path for him), while in Viki, the translator who chose "he" translated the last dialogue as "my FEELINGS just won't stop" instead of using "I can't stop THINKING about her" ...

2 hours ago, mari_may said:

what i observe since they met - and maybe is just me -  is that he deeply admires her. theres is a curiosity of both want to know each other.

Yes. YN was first curious about her and eventually admires her because she is "not a normal lady" (the word "normal" I guess is an exaggerated expression to show how amazed he is about her). But his love for her, I guess still very raw. We need to see more proof how he has developed the feeling, maybe the writer will provide some flashback about this, or else the love line will appear sudden and forced. Because they did never have enough time to develop that feeling, unless for YN it was love at first sight. Still, the drama must show enough proof of that to the viewers. 

Thanks for opening this part because I, too, want some clarification. 

So far, over all I REALLY LOVE THIS DRAMA and how the characters are portrayed. They are all amazing! I'm excited about YN and Yeoji's love story although I am not asking them to have a "fairytale-like" ending. Just make it realistic, and yes, I'm ready to have a heartbreak as long as the plot ends with impact. However, I'm hoping our good guys will never die. 

Interesting... I didn't feel like any "feelings" developed too suddenly at all. It just felt more like watching out for her (and moonsoo!) as a friend. He sees the character and intelligence of yeoji and moonsoo, and values them(like the friendship between the OTP and daesu, if anyone else saw yi san). He likes in her a tad more than as a friend, but he's not aware of it yet and their relationship just isn't at that stage yet. Like @mari_may said, she's different from most other women at that time and this intrigues him. 

Well, the drama is very politics-heavy (which I'm loving) and perhaps I'm just focusing on that most of the time. Anyways, like others have said, I also love that while yeoji isn't as super keen and intelligent as yi geum, she isn't an idiot and is insightful. She's not just righteously/foolishly(?) indignant that yi geum "betrayed" them; she recognizes his reasons, why he had no choice, even though the outcome was unfortunate. It was just a contrast to all those annoying "misunderstandings" in dramas that happen between the main characters because one(or both) of them doesn't seem to think any deeper than the surface, lol. 

@spark101 @yoo1 Good points, guys!^^ It's safe to assume as of this time to say Yeoning 'thinking' of Yeoji might be the primary hint of him developing (romantic) feelings for YJ, not necessarily him already 'feeling' it or as you guys pointed out, him not being aware of it. For the past year, he's been keeping tabs of both YJ and MS so without a doubt, it means he's been thinking of them. However, in YJ's case, it may mean more, from Cho Hong's standpoint, YJ is likely the very first woman who YN actually cared for (or acc. to her thinks of) or treated differently than the way he treated her (Cho Hong), which is simply just pity unlike YJ.

I think Yeoji will be one of my favorite female leads in Kdrama land...she is not quick to jump to conclusions despite having misunderstandings with YN. When she has doubts/questions/things she can't understand, she sees to it that she actually finds a way to resolve it. For once, we need these types of FLs. I may have to give it to the writer since she's female too, that's why I think Yeoji's character is soo likeable. I'm a feminist, so I love when women aren't always portrayed as damsel in distress :tounge_xd:. I hope she stays that way. And more badass scenes for her, please!^^

Haechi-Episode-01-2-1.gif

Haechi-Episode-03-4-1.gif

Haechi-Episode-05-6-1.gif

Btw, my only complain is that almost always the fight scenes happen at night...lol.

Hello! Im new to this thread but Im a Jung Il Woo fan since 49 days(2011) and he is my main reason in watching Haechi, but aside from that, the story is interesting that's why Im watching it. Here are my comments with the main characters 
*Prince Yeoning- He is so smart and strong, plus a very handsome man. I love his schemes and he has a good heart because he is willing to risk his life for the sake of protecting his people and friends
*Park Moon Soo- I love that he is funny and at the same time a man with dignity and a pure heart, he gives a lighter mood in the drama
*Yeo Ji- A strong female lead and she is smart too aside from being a really pretty woman. I love her fight scenes
*Dal Moon- A very mysterious man but I hope he will side to Prince Yeoning and have that same goal
*Prince Mil poong- A crazy and dumb prince, actually I dont want him to die early, he has to suffer first before his big punishment hehe 

Just an extra info from BTS V's twitter's posting a few hours ago:

Besides observing BTS V and Yeontan's interaction, fans (ARMY) noticed the background sound of the drama Haechi in the beginning (Go Ara's voice). Both have acted together in Hwarang before. One supportive friend. We'll be seeing extra fans watching this drama too.

Spoiler

Another extra information, the group also did a performance  riding on the mythological creature Haetae / Haechi (in the Haechi's intro) as a symbol of justice in their performance before.

Credit to the owner

On a personal note, I can't wait for this week's episode.  Let's see what Prince Yeoning has prepared. 

Looks like Im the only one who thinks that prince Yeoning is in

love with YJ. :D

Even that conversation when she told him that she followed him, 

sounded romantic to me. :wub:

He was surprised at first, but then also happy.

What can I do.

Love is always a necessity, no matter what century. :)

29 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Looks like Im the only one who thinks that prince Yeoning is in

love with YJ. :D

Even that conversation when she told him that she followed him, 

sounded romantic to me. :wub:

He was surprised at first, but then also happy.

What can I do.

Love is always a necessity, no matter what century. :)

Don't worry about it... as viewers we do expect some of the usual favourite scenes to happen.  It might happen later.. we'll see. Oh btw, you're not alone.

(Credit to the owner)

As for me personally, I'm interested more on the strategy on how he tackles all these challenges. :)

Woo longest week ever ^^

There some similitudes between YJ and Dong Yi (mother of yeoning ) for those who watched the drama, at first the king gives her a position in the palace as an inspector because she was talented the same way yeoning will try or gives YJ the position she deserves in the saheonbu, the 2 of them are from lowly background and a king (or king to be ) will gives them a chance because they deserves it.

Other similitude their entourage, Dong yi had 2 funny close men in the bureau of music the old Joo-Sik and Young-Dal like YJ who has the 2 others inspector + moon soo.

And of course the 2 kings fall in love with them.

Will Yeoning follow the path of his father? :)

@Yahna Hi! Welcome to the thread...glad you decided to join here^^. Feel free to share your thoughts :D.

@Yongzura Oh, nice to know V is supporting her drama as well. Actually, Go Ara presented an award to BTS during the Seoul Music Awards and V was the one she handed it to. Here's their little interaction ^_^..

ctto

That cute little bro handshake though :tounge_xd:. Go Ara herself even liked that post.

@rocher22 Ha ha..don't worry despite all the confusion on whether YN is already in love with JY..I am one who's also looking forward to the romance part. I like everything about this drama, anyway, so :wub:.

@0himawari0 Except I think in this drama, there's only one man (Yeoning) who falls for YJ...ha ha. I don't think there'd be another guy who'll be interested in her at this point.

Whether one likes the romance aspect or not, I think we can be happy that it's not coming with extra baggage/unnecessary "drama"- yi geum for sure is the only love interest; even yi san and dong yi had another guy who liked the female lead(albeit one-sided). 

i have high hope that the romance in this drama will be good without unnecessary third wheel.

Like others, i appreciate YJ so much. She is smart and mature and good fighter.

The other thing i like about this drama is that YN is very very smart, and he shows it thru his actions.

In other dramas, heroes are usually told as smart but their actions are not as brilliant as YN ( and many of them can not recognize a girl, when she cross-dresses)

1 hour ago, star2010 said:

i have high hope that the romance in this drama will be good without unnecessary third wheel.

Like others, i appreciate YJ so much. She is smart and mature and good fighter.

The other thing i like about this drama is that YN is very very smart, and he shows it thru his actions.

In other dramas, heroes are usually told as smart but their actions are not as brilliant as YN ( and many of them can not recognize a girl, when she cross-dresses)

I totally miss to mention that from the very beginning. I was surprised he recognized her immediately just from that encounter. It wasn't really emphasized if he actually remembered her from when she was dressed as a courtesan, but, yeah, he ain't just smart but a very keen observer.

46 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hmmmm i havent started on this....is this any good from those that had been watching? :) i like jung il woo :) 

and the team of the stories does seems to appeal to me :) 

Yup! Totally recommended^^. You should try at least the first two episodes and see if it's to your liking. But for me, this is a great drama :D.

Go Ara IG update...

Archived