Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

2 hours ago, yoo1 said:
Haters gonna hate, but our crown prince loves YeoYeo! :wub: 

The chemistry is just undenible! I love both of them and I am satisfied on how they portray their roles. 

Happy to see ilwoo uploading his picture with Goara... That will help on the romance side..

Brother king, u need to trust your CP.... sigh, you were so nice to make him your CP and now you're stabbing him at the back.. sigh..

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Similar but not the same:

Watching this drama make me tense sometimes ... not sometimes but most of the time.  When are they going to give the Crown Prince a break.... but this is the part that I like to watch.   Be strong!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Stills with PMS and DM... 

Dal Moon needs to wake up! 

3 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Happy to see ilwoo uploading his picture with Goara... That will help on the romance side..

I'm glad to read positive comments as majority on his post. :wub: 

@lightbringer06

"And I wonder why it took so long for Il Woo to post a pic of him and Go Ara ...lol. I know Ara usually post with all of his co-actors, on the other hand. "

>>>Maybe because he feels her absence and misses her now. :D Kidding aside, he maybe knows Yeoji's absence will affect Ara's fans now. This is the best timing to post. 

@akhenaten Idk why they referred to Dal Moon's character as a famous clown. Actually, he's more of like a 'king' on the street, he manipulates and control the homeless. He even said so himself after YN was proclaimed as Crown Prince

>>>> The term clown is confusing, I also read that description before. Maybe it's just wrongly translated. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Yongzura said:

Watching this drama make me tense sometimes ... not sometimes but most of the time.  When are they going to give the Crown Prince a break.... but this is the part that I like to watch.   Be strong!

Right, the twists are happening so quickly. Last week, the King is so eager to protect Yeoning,  and now this happens. It's hard to breathe, but yes,  that makes Haechi a must-watch. 

• Like 6

Just finished episodes 25-26 and I must say....I'm just at a loss right now.

But dang.  Jung Il Woo is in the zone!  He's his character through and through.  I checked out some clips of his earlier dramas (particularly the ones set in the modern day) and the way his characters were and the way he acted then were not even close to this.  His Yeoning is strong, flawed, broken.  You can see the tension on his face in these last few episodes.  His eyes often look haunted and sad, yet there is a determined glint in them.   

I don't know why this drama doesn't have as many viewers as it should, given the storyline and the acting.  I find it very strange.  :mellow:

• Like 11

42 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

I don't know why this drama doesn't have as many viewers as it should, given the storyline and the acting.  I find it very strange.  :mellow:

Maybe it's due to:

The lightings. Damn... I always ALWAYS need to brighten my screen just so that I can SEE their faces!! :lol:

Also... Not much kiss-su,  kiss-su.

No obvious hand touching, hugging.

They only showed Jung Il Woo abs 1 time (How dare they! Where's the obligatory bathing scenes for all Male lead in k drama???? :joy:)

And all those cotton candies and fluff that makes ladies heart flutter... hehehe

To be serious?

I suspect it got to be due to the politics, the scheming.

Might be hard for some to digest.

I mean for goodness sake.. didn't we have some casualties at the first few episodes? 

IF I didn't like Go Ara and has some interest in history especially such storyline, I might also not watch this.

But of course. I don't speak for the public or the rest. Just my personal opinion. :)

• Like 7

@akhenaten

"Idk why they referred to Dal Moon's character as a famous clown. Actually, he's more of like a 'king' on the street, he manipulates and control the homeless. He even said so himself after YN was proclaimed as Crown Prince"

The word Gwang Dae (광대 廣大), known from the previous drama as "Clown", general term for a "street performer"

Episode 14

Yi Hwon's ghost pay a visit to Yi Geum to give him support

Dal Mun is playing mole agent for Yi Geum by playing code words with the "wall notice"

Park Mun Su now knows that Wi Byeong Joo is behind Han Jeong Seok's death & had buried evidence of his death

Queen Inwon gave Yi Geum one of Sukjong's possession which is a pair reading glasses, currently known in Joseon as "aids" to affirm that he is indeed Sukjong posterity 

Min Jin Heon step out in Yi Geum's defence in Court Tribunal (Show Trial) & why are all the official wearing "black stole" over their official robes

No preview

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Our prince takes so many hits again and again and again :( (he's like kaneki in tokyo ghoul always loosing ^^).

The issue with the king beside the fact that he's not strong and he cannot have children is that the gap age between them is too short so of course he will be more suspicious even if he's a kind king but he's human and has his weaknesses.

I really love Min jin Won he's smart and charismatic, here he will have no choice but side with our prince i mean he knows that mil poong

will kill him and his whole clan if he became the king.

Dal moon won't betray his people in the end (even if he's nostalgic of his first love).

• Like 8

I've been busy the past week, but I finally caught up! Yay! So many revelations. 

Spoiler

Ahhh a noh young hak appearance! Nice to see him again. Seriously, he's just so damn good, especially in sageuks- it just pierces the depths of my soul. Not being dramatic or anything. 

Damn, looks like moon soo finally found out about wi byung joo and han jung seok's death. 

I love how smart min jin heon is. Yes, there have been many "clever" villains in the past(i mean, they wouldn't be a serious threat if they were stupid), but min doesn't just try to take down [important] people he dislikes using drastic measures. He's a step ahead of the other officials. And the way yi geum pretty much read his mind...

And the twist! dal moon actually working for yi geum this whole time under the guise of a betrayal. He and yi geum who found out about it in the letters- wow. Ridiculously clever.  

jung moon sung is so damn good(can you believe he was the same guy in chief kim?) and the all the amazing actors here are just one of the reasons why haechi needs to rise! People need to get some taste. :D 

You know it's going to be real good next week when there's no preview. And I can't wait for the shin im sa hwa. If they're putting that in the drama, of course. 

*insert obligatory justice-for-haechi-comment here*

in conclusion, all the acting awards for haechi and the cast, ratings be damned. 

• Like 9

Me after realising it's the end of the Tuesday's episode:

Spoiler

nooooo.gif

All the intense. 

All the build up.

Aargh!!!!

But I have to say to the writers/producers:

Well played!

InsecureHandmadeArcticwolf-small.gif

DM, I owe you an apology.

I'll take back the bone because it seems that you have aplenty of it and WOW!

Just wow...

Another great episode!

But then... a little rant.

I'm pissed that they just pulled YJ out like that.

There's no explanation or indication why YJ is not around when something like this (accusation of treason) happened.

Did I missed something from the previous episode?

It's just so frustrating that all of the sudden, she's not there!

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

I am really speechless about this episode. Everything feels so tense on our Crown Prince side! 

Dal Mon!!! I knew you wouldnt betray us as easy like that T.T

And oh from all that bad peoples surrounding YN and his comrades, why i feel really annoyed by Byeong Joo!!! 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@akhenaten

"Idk why they referred to Dal Moon's character as a famous clown. Actually, he's more of like a 'king' on the street, he manipulates and control the homeless. He even said so himself after YN was proclaimed as Crown Prince"

The word Gwang Dae (광대 廣大), known from the previous drama as "Clown", general term for a "street performer"

Episode 14

Yi Hwon's ghost pay a visit to Yi Geum to give him support

Dal Mun is playing mole agent for Yi Geum by playing code words with the "wall notice"

Park Mun Su now knows that Wi Byeong Joo is behind Han Jeong Seok's death & had buried evidence of his death

Queen Inwon gave Yi Geum one of Sukjong's possession which is a pair reading glasses, currently known in Joseon as "aids" to affirm that he is indeed Sukjong posterity 

Min Jin Heon step out in Yi Geum's defence in Court Tribunal (Show Trial) & why are all the official wearing "black stole" over their official robes

No preview

I thought I have enough crying in the other romcom drama I'm following but the two scenes that really touched me was the scenes of "Yi Hwon's ghost" and "Queen Inwon's support for the Crown Prince. 

So many things going on in yesterday's episode and to finally know Dal Mun's real intention, is a relief.  He is really smart, both street smart and book smart, that's how he can survive. Thank goodness they have noticed the code inserted in the notice otherwise....

Good ending to make the heart beat faster when "Min Jin Heon" voiced out just at the right moment.  I have always like to watch when the two of them "debate" about politics from different perspective.  

Last but not least, let's get the real criminals this time.  Till next episodes.

• Like 8

As always, I truly admire how Haechi is written and executed on the screen. It's just sad that this is the moment YJ is waiting for. To find the truth about Jeong suk's death. And this is where the moment when we should have seen and felt the solid bond of the three brothers, because of all people, it's MS and YJ are the ones YG rely on. I'm relieved to know DM's motive. He wants to save both Yoon Young and YG and takes advantage on this opportunity to do so. Min Jinheong, finally I've seen him not all black. His character is the balance of the story.

We are approaching the middle of the drama, am I right? I expect the story will end until YG becomes the king, or are they going to cover some parts of his early reign? Because the recent episodes feel like the end for MP and WB. Or maybe there will be more twists...

Can't wait for the next episodes. SK should support this drama. Why the ratings seems moving down? Internationally, I see it has positive response from the majority. Never ever listen to haters' comments. They are just few but very noisy. 

I've read spoilers from chingus here before I watch the recent episodes. Keep loving Haechi everyone! 

• Like 7

I think they don't have enough time to think of a reasonable way of letting YJ out of the story. They just... don't mention about her. In the scene where she jumped out and talked with JH, I thought that at least they showed a scene where YJ watching YN from a far, as her wish. But not. Perhaps she's injured right after that. And yes, like you say, @yoo1, this is the important moment that YJ waits for.

Btw, I love that Jung Il Woo posted some pics of him and Ara at this time. He's so thoughtful. 

Beside that thing, the story is still so good and interesting to watch. Love Haechi as always. And I don't care about ratings.

Ah, about MS, I still wonder what's his true feeling. Why did he cry a little when he talked with YJ about brothers? Why he had to remind himself that how manly she was?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

@oceluna True that. The scene where YJ is watching YN, I also waited for that. But maybe they couldn't shoot anymore because she looked in pain in the scene with Cho Hong. :bawling:

About MS to YJ, in my perspective it shows that he as her brother is worried for YJ to fall for YG. Maybe because he knows she will only suffer more if that happens. Ugh! I want to know too. Why, Moon-su? Why? Does he know something about YJ's past through Jeong-suk? There must be a reason for him to care that much about her since the beginning. And that scene tells his love for her is a brotherly love. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Okay.  First thing.  They need to tell us the backstories of Dal Moon, Yeo Ji and Moon Su.  The first two are much too educated and skilled for their station in life.  Dal Moon is supposedly a beggar and Yeo Ji a damo.  Both are at the bottom of the social strata.  So where did their skills come from?  And Moon Su.  Clearly, he's not just a low-level yangban.  He is admitted easily into the palace.  He dresses well enough as a yangban should.  Where is his family?  Why does he live with Yeo Ji, Ah Bong and Jang Dal?  And why was he very close to Han Jeong Sook?

Second thing.  Yeo Ji just...disappeared.  As if she never existed.  At the very least, if she didn't appear in this episode, there should have been instances when her name was mentioned.  For example, Cho Hong could have told Yi Geum when he went back to his palace that Yeo Ji had come in secret to see how he was.   Or Moon Su might have said that she went to the palace to see him.  I'd like to think that somehow, Yeo Ji found a way to infiltrate the palace through the help of Ja Dong and Cho Hong.  And perhaps she's still in there, spying and looking after Yi Geum without him knowing, because she knows he wouldn't approve of her being there.  But she can't just stand by and worry about him.   There should be something mentioned about Yeo Ji because you don't just make a major character disappear during the climactic part of a drama without a proper transition.

Having said that, I'll move on to the last four episodes (2 if you count them per hour).  

Damn.  "Haechi" has leveled up so drastically in the last 4 episodes. Gone are the fluff, the lighthearted moments.  Even Moon Su, who seemed so over-the-top at the beginning of the drama, has changed and become so much more intense. And Yi Geum.  Oh man.  The glint in his eyes and the determined set of his jaw is light years away from that buffoon prince he used to be.  This is now a crown prince worthy of the throne, and he has the intelligence, the cunning, the strength of character and the willpower to take it.     

There are some that I would count as my favorites.  First would be the one involving Yi Geum and Yi Hwon.  I felt the pain of his loss and regret over his brother's death.  When he remembered their happy times together, it brought home to me that in order to become king, Yi Geum has to make so many sacrifices.  Yi Hwon was one of those sacrifices that had to be made for Yi Geum to fulfill his destiny.  And then those confrontation moments with Min Jin Heon.  The payoff from those scenes is so much better than any confrontation Yi Geum may have with Mil Poong or Wi Byung Ju. These two are easy fry for Yi Geum to manipulate but Min Jin Heon is one of the best, if not the best, players in Joseon's "game of thrones".  He is the perfect opponent to match up against for Yi Geum.  And it was just so wonderful to see how Min Jin Heon began to realize that the prince he used to ridicule for being useless and lowborn now turns out to be the most worthy adversary that he can have.  An adversary worthy of his respect.  

I can't wait for the next episodes.  I don't care about what other viewers think.  They can have their fluffy romcoms and romantic fusion sageuks.  I'll take a sageuk like "Haechi" any day.  :)

• Like 5
  • Love 6

No preview for next week's episode? 

Who's watching on Viki? Here's GAR and JIW. Kocowa and Viki have promo vid, why Viu doesn't have one? Ara is funny at the end. :D

• Like 4
  • Love 2

i agree with all you wrote @akhenaten.

especially with Yeo-Ji not being mentioned in the episode. i was waiting for something and got upset. plus with Han Jung Seok death at the spotlight again with PMS digging even more, a shout out to her would have been nice. since she was the one who suffered, investigated, fight for the truth about it too.

but i do hope your idea that she's somehow hidden at the palace is the writer/pds excuse. how great this will be, no?

another thing i'm thinking is that maybe the writer Kim Yi Young is struggling with the reduce lenght of the episodes she has (24) rather a long one that is her usual style: 50 episodes. so she is trying to tell a lot, given another characters space to development but has to cut or shorten others. Like, it's being while we don't see Lady Seo. nor a interaction with Yeoning. we saw very little interaction between the women too (one the thing i like about Dong Yi is that we had more female character. the ladies from audit are so amazing). i think she will come up with a solution without overshadow Yeo-ji and the other female characters. i hope i'm not exagerating and wrong.

ok, least: can i just say that scene where PMS tells to Yeo-Ji he wants the Crown Prince, Yeo-Ji and him still brothers, together got me emotional and heartbroken? really. it was so moving. and after that he went to see Yeoning havinf the same reaction.  i wonder if he's afraid that Yeo-Ji be becoming a court lady, thus he'll not able to be at her side anymore. these three are precious together....

and yes, all the acting, crew deserves awards.

anyway... since there's no preview the waiting for the next episode get more unease.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Preview to Episode 15

Endless depravity, however truth must be revealed

Yi Geum & his Avengers counterattack Yi Tan

Min Jin Heon tell Yi Tan that he is not on his "revolt" bandwagon 

History lesson

Haechi2526-00410.jpg

This act of public petition seen in many Sageuk (사극) historical drama is called "Seok Go Dae Joe (석고대죄, 席藁待罪) is a public display/petition of awaiting or pleading for punishment for or against (mortal) crime & charges that involve kneeling (a sit in) on a straw mat without moving off from the mat

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 3

Next week I will watch all 6 episode that I missed for 2 weeks.. why I am to busy to watch all these episode lol.. 

We need more people to gossip this drama... 

• Like 3
  • Love 1